The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Force leaving Cyrodiil without using Wayshrines.

carljokl
carljokl
✭✭✭
Is there any way to force the game into a state where where Cyrodiil is left and the player returns to the location from which they travelled into Cyrodiil?

I made a mistake and left the wailing prison to travel to Cyrodiil thinking I could return back to where I left much like when exiting a dungeon accessed through the group finder. I already raised a ticket with support to help me.

I used a full 60 horse riding capacity lessons on this character as well as a crown experience scroll and 10 speed riding lessons. If I deleted the character and start over then I would loose all that. If I can't finish the tutorial then I don't get to pick up the first Skyshard. If I leave Cyrodiil via the wayshrines I can only travel to the starting areas. It is not possible to travel to the wailing prison. I just wonder if I could force the game into a state where it kicked me out of Cyrodiil that might put me back at the location I travelled from in the wailing prison.

I have submitted a bug report to suggest that traveling out of the wailing prison without completing the tutorial quest should either be suppressed or it should skip and complete the tutorial giving you the first Skyshard.

I think it may be worth seeing if I can fix the problem on my own if possible. I have already had a reply from support to say that it is not possible to travel back to the wailing prison after leaving. Loosing paid for riding lesson or never being able to get the first Skyshard are both undesirable.
My Characters

Xargothius: Breton - JOAT / Magsorc | Orchid the Fair: Orismer - Crafter / Heavy Tank | Voneri Vox: Dunmer - Magplar Healer | Rexorgiana: Imperial - Temptress / Magblade
Phirkius: Altmer - MagSorc | Rexorigus: Imperial - Med Tank / StamKnight | Sven Svedishchef: Nord - Provisioner / Stamplar | Finds-All-Fungi: Argonian - Alchemist/ Stamblade
Emerald-Wild-Guard: Bosmer - Wyrd / StamSorc | Nates Datum Festi: Imperial - Light Tank / StamKnight | Magnolia Desert-Blossom: Redguard - 2 Handed Stamplar | Shadow-Softpaw: Khajiit - StamBlade
Sorcerer | Dragon Knight | Templar | Night Blade
  • Ghettokid
    Ghettokid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If campaign is full when you login then you will be at starting location.

Thats only way I know how to do it.
    Edited by Ghettokid on December 25, 2016 10:04PM
  • carljokl
    carljokl
    ✭✭✭
    It is worth a try. Perhaps If I move to Scourge, which ends up full most often.
    My Characters

Xargothius: Breton - JOAT / Magsorc | Orchid the Fair: Orismer - Crafter / Heavy Tank | Voneri Vox: Dunmer - Magplar Healer | Rexorgiana: Imperial - Temptress / Magblade
    Phirkius: Altmer - MagSorc | Rexorigus: Imperial - Med Tank / StamKnight | Sven Svedishchef: Nord - Provisioner / Stamplar | Finds-All-Fungi: Argonian - Alchemist/ Stamblade
    Emerald-Wild-Guard: Bosmer - Wyrd / StamSorc | Nates Datum Festi: Imperial - Light Tank / StamKnight | Magnolia Desert-Blossom: Redguard - 2 Handed Stamplar | Shadow-Softpaw: Khajiit - StamBlade
  • driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Is the campaign you are in the one that pop locks during prime time? If not, guest the campaign that is fullest for your alliance. Campaign jump to that campaign, and log out. Try logging in during prime time. If the campaign is full you will be kicked out, hopefully to the spot you left.

Alternatives: summit ticket and hope support can send you back.

For the more daring, enter Imperial city, go in to the white gold tower dungeon, exit right away. No idea what that would do for your tutorial progress though.
    Edited by driosketch on December 25, 2016 10:14PM
    Main: Drio Azul ~ DC, Redguard, Healer/Magicka Templar ~ NA-PC
    ●The Psijic Order●The Sidekick Order●Great House Hlaalu●Bal-Busters●
  • bebynnag
    bebynnag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    when i create anew charcter and skip the tutorial the skyshard is automatically acquired.
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS need to set it so that it's not possible to travel to Cyrodiil from the Wailing Prison. I thought it wasn't already, but I guess if you manage to level up to 10 in there it would be. (Before One Tamriel it wouldn't have been possible to level above 7 in there.)

If you have Imperial City, driosketch's suggestion of entering and then leaving WGT might work. It did for me on PTS when I was originally in Wayrest before going to Cyrodiil.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • carljokl
    carljokl
    ✭✭✭
    The full campaign trick worked thanks.
    My Characters

• carljokl
    carljokl
    ✭✭✭
    I submitted a bug ticket. They say curiosity killed the cat. I didn't think I would be allowed to travel to Cyrodiil or if I could that there would be a way back.
    My Characters

• Carl-lan
    Carl-lan
    ✭✭✭✭
    I thought you could only get into Cyro at level 10?
  • driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    carljokl wrote: »
    I submitted a bug ticket. They say curiosity killed the cat. I didn't think I would be allowed to travel to Cyrodiil or if I could that there would be a way back.

This reminds me of early closed beta session for the Pysjic Order. This was after the first beta weekend for Cyrodiil, so the zone was already there, it just wasn't functioning at the time. Still, a couple players found they could get into Cyrodiil. But after jumping off the base ledge, found the door back wasn't functional and so they couldn't reach the wayshrine.
    Main: Drio Azul ~ DC, Redguard, Healer/Magicka Templar ~ NA-PC
    ●The Psijic Order●The Sidekick Order●Great House Hlaalu●Bal-Busters●