The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Need help on a DPS nightblade

• HrolleifTheUnbroken
    Really, try to get Vigor (and Caltrops), even if it means getting into the mess that is Cyrodiil ....

Would you say it's essential to the build?

Vigor yes, Caltrops depends on your build. There are other selfheals (e.g. Rally) but none is as good as is Vigor. Unfortunately ....

Okay so Vigor is a big deal, on which bar should it go on? The DW or Bow? The DW is my main while the Bow is my backup.
  • HrolleifTheUnbroken
    Yup, Caltrops definitely isn't a necessity, but it's nice.

Would caltrops be better than endless hail or not really?
  • Danksta
    Danksta
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Really, try to get Vigor (and Caltrops), even if it means getting into the mess that is Cyrodiil ....

Would you say it's essential to the build?

Vigor yes, Caltrops depends on your build. There are other selfheals (e.g. Rally) but none is as good as is Vigor. Unfortunately ....

Okay so Vigor is a big deal, on which bar should it go on? The DW or Bow? The DW is my main while the Bow is my backup.

I like it on my DW bar. Vigor scales with max stamina and weapon damage, so having it on your DW bar makes it heal harder, plus it'll be on the bar you will spend most of your time on which is nice for those "oh sh!t moments". Ultimately it's best where you feel more comfortable having it, so if you try my way but then decide you'd rather have x skill on your DW instead don't hesitate to swap things around.
    BawKinTackWarDs PS4/NA

• Danksta
    Danksta
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Endless hail is more damage, but caltrops covers a much larger area and lasts longer. Caltrops is a extremely expensive skill (I want to say even with my max CP in medium armor it costs about 5.5k stamina). It also doesn't stack if another person in your group is running it, so definitely keep that in mind. IMO I'd keep endless no matter what for PvE, and only add caltrops if you feel comfortable with your sustain and feel there's a skill that isn't benefitting you much that you can replace it with.
    BawKinTackWarDs PS4/NA

• Upright_man
    Upright_man
    ✭✭

Hail is king imo.

I dont even run caltrops currently. Not sure if its already been stated in this thread that they do not stack, so if another persons running caltrops then you might as well slot something else.

Edit: Must've been writing this as @Danksta put a more detailed write up above XD.
    Ill show myself out.
    Edited by Upright_man on December 19, 2016 10:55PM
  • HrolleifTheUnbroken

Hail is king imo.

I dont even run caltrops currently. Not sure if its already been stated in this thread that they do not stack, so if another persons running caltrops then you might as well slot something else.

Edit: Must've been writing this as @Danksta put a more detailed write up above XD.
    Ill show myself out.

Does Endless Hail stack?
  • Danksta
    Danksta
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Hail is king imo.

Ill show myself out.

Does Endless Hail stack?

To the best of my knowledge, yes. I've never tested it but I'd find it hard to believe that I wouldn't have heard about if it didn't stack.
    BawKinTackWarDs PS4/NA

• Upright_man
    Upright_man
    ✭✭

Hail is king imo.

Ill show myself out.

Does Endless Hail stack?

Yes, multiple players Endless Hail's stack as far as i know.
  • HrolleifTheUnbroken
    Danksta wrote: »

Hail is king imo.

Ill show myself out.

Does Endless Hail stack?

To the best of my knowledge, yes. I've never tested it but I'd find it hard to believe that I wouldn't have heard about if it didn't stack.

Okay cool. so I'll keep it on my bar then
  • HrolleifTheUnbroken
    So all in all, this is what I have set up so far:

DW Bar - 2 Sharpened Daggers:
    Relentless Focus
    Killers Blade
    Surprise Attack
    Rending Slashes
    Steel Tornado
    Rend (DW Ulti)

Back Bar - Sharpened Bow
    Poison Injection
    Endless Hail
    Rearming Trap
    Power Extraction
    Siphoning Attacks
    Incapacitating Strike (Assasination ulti)

Armor:
    5pc Nightmothers gaze
    4pc Hundings Rage

So far I have seen an improvement with my damage output but not a big difference, I am able to handle smallish groups easier but when it comes to bosses I almost always die.

Is playing in Cyrodill the only way to obtain caltrops and vigor? Vigor would really help here but my assault skill line is at lvl 3.
  • kylewwefan
    kylewwefan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes. Cyrodil is the only place to get Vigor. Your gear and rotation setup looks alright. Wouldn't worry too much about damage output til you have legendary weapons
  • HrolleifTheUnbroken
    kylewwefan wrote: »
    Yes. Cyrodil is the only place to get Vigor. Your gear and rotation setup looks alright. Wouldn't worry too much about damage output til you have legendary weapons

Okay cool, I'm starting to hoard alloys now Lol

Are there any fast ways to lvl up assault or do I have to straight up go and kill other players. To be quite honest with you, I do not completely understand the dynamic of that game mode.
  • mr_wazzabi
    mr_wazzabi
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Are there any fast ways to lvl up assault or do I have to straight up go and kill other players. To be quite honest with you, I do not completely understand the dynamic of that game mode.

Killing players and defending keeps. After a big battle is over, stay in the keep for 5 to 10 minutes for the defense AP tick. I've seen a 15k tick before and some players on these forums have seen ticks in the 100k's.
    Bosmer Stamina NB
    Altmer Magicka TEMP
    Dunmer DK both stam/mag (depends what I feel like)
    Altmer Magicka NB
    Breton Magicka Sorc
    Redguard Stam Sorc
    Max CP
  • HrolleifTheUnbroken
    mr_wazzabi wrote: »

Killing players and defending keeps. After a big battle is over, stay in the keep for 5 to 10 minutes for the defense AP tick. I've seen a 15k tick before and some players on these forums have seen ticks in the 100k's.

Okay and which campaign do you think would be best? I see there's several different ones but I don't know which to enter.
  • mr_wazzabi
    mr_wazzabi
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Okay and which campaign do you think would be best? I see there's several different ones but I don't know which to enter.

Whichever is always full. Depends what platform and server you are.
    Bosmer Stamina NB
    Altmer Magicka TEMP
    Dunmer DK both stam/mag (depends what I feel like)
    Altmer Magicka NB
    Breton Magicka Sorc
    Redguard Stam Sorc
    Max CP
  • Danksta
    Danksta
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Which ever is the most populated one, on PS4/NA that would be Scourge. More enemies means more potential AP gains. On future characters it would probably be best to do it pre-level 50 in BWB.
    BawKinTackWarDs PS4/NA

• HrolleifTheUnbroken
    Danksta wrote: »

Which ever is the most populated one, on PS4/NA that would be Scourge. More enemies means more potential AP gains. On future characters it would probably be best to do it pre-level 50 in BWB.

Okay cool I'm on PS4/NA haha
    Looks like I will be spending all weekend grinding assault