The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Can Someone help me with VetHelRa top boss mechanics

kylewwefan
kylewwefan
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
Every time I go in here someone thinks they have the right way to do it and we struggle big time. I know how to cheese it, but I'd really like to beat it consistently. The split is always a major problem and someone always goes down or the group wipes very quick.

Doing it on normal, I notice you don't have to kill the fake ones, just bash/interrupt the flame attack. Seems everyone forgets or it's different on Vet? I know there is no break, the shapers constantly spawn and at around 30% they spin like instantly.

We try assigning everyone a shaper, and that seems to help. Number them 1234. Tank can usually take 1&2, and debuff the real one. Try "marking" the real one with Aether. I've beat it a few times....after a few wipes. I want to be able to do this better, but not sure how and I am by no means in leadership role, but after some frustration, people sometimes listen/ learn.

How can I explain this better. Been looking for guides, but haven't seen any good ones.
  • Thelon
    Thelon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Assign 3 people to use the Barrier ultimate from the Alliance War Support tree, and drop one each time the boss splits. It will give your team time to position, heal and interrupt.

Good luck in there!
  • Amp151
    Amp151
    ✭✭✭
    The strategy my guild uses:
    Assign everyone a number for when they split. If you have someone with crushing shock make them the "floater". If not a stamina based char works well too.
    The "floaters" job is to attack the real one. And if someone goes down they take over bashing/interrupting for that person.
    Tell ppl don't try to roll dodge out of meteor's(they'll still get ya most of the time) or the aoe that comes from the boss's feet. Just block through it.
    If ppl go down wait until someone kills their duplicate and have that person revive the downed teammate.
    At 35% (might be 30% can't recall) every time the duplicates spawn they will all cast flare as soon as they appear so everyone needs to bash/interrupt immediately.

When someone kills their duplicate provided no one is down they immediately start attacking the "real" boss.
    Rinse and repeat that.

Other things to keep in mind:
    Ppl should be telling the healer they need shards when running low on stamina. Even if using crushing shock, because you have to block allot of aoe.
    If ppl are skilled enough have them position there selfs to drop aoe to hit 2+ duplicates.
    Everyone needs to attack their number immediately when it appears. If they don't it can cause the boss's to walk away from their spawn point causing aoe and meteors to overlap which gets dicey.

• Amp151
    Amp151
    ✭✭✭
    Also if multiple ppl are down and you only have main boss up. Pick up everyone while avoiding aoe's and interrupting.
    More important to have everyone up for next cycle.
    You can also have the healer put on crushing shock(if they have it) for emergency use.

I find the main problem being ppl trying to roll dodge aoe instead of block through it.
  • Amp151
    Amp151
    ✭✭✭
    Just noticed you're on ps4. I am as well. Would be glad to help ya with that. Send me a friend request if interested. Psn: JuggaloAmp
  • kylewwefan
    kylewwefan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Thanks for the help. Looking for all the good info I can. I do like the Barrier idea....I doubt many people have it though? I think we've been trying to run it kind of like Amp, but things always go bad. One person goes down, interrupts get missed, whole group wipes...etc.

I've seen on normal mode that you don't have to kill the duplicates, just interrupt them and burn the real one down. Then he takes the shades out himself and respawns where he started at. I'm half thinking that would be easier/better way as this fight gets harder the longer it carries on.

I'll look you up later Amp :smile:
  • kylewwefan
    kylewwefan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I healed through it yesterday and would like to give thanks to Thelon. Barrier is clutch. It saved the group from wiping several times. Also, as I suspected you don't have to kill the duplicates, just interrupt them and DPS the real boss. Was going to skip it, but some wanted achievements.

It looks and sound easy in writing, but much more difficult to actually pull off. After 2 hours in there I left. There just wasn't enough DPS to take on the warrior. It's alright, I'm used to it. I suspected it at the beginning how long it took to take out the trash mobs.

I notice the bottom boss is very much the same as it used to be also, but people are silly. I find there to be no reason to kill the welwas. When you kill them, he spawns 2 more in their place. We had like 7 welwas running around. Maybe more. It was totally unnecessary. The tank was holding them fine and the boss kind of does what he wants to anyways.

Someone should write up a guide.
    Edited by kylewwefan on December 14, 2016 1:11PM
  • SolarCat02
    SolarCat02
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have been told two different methods to do it legit. The first you know, assigning numbers for interrupts with crushing shock and otherwise dpsing the boss, who is marked with something (Aether, Ele Drain, the more the merrier). This one takes a lot of coordination with the interrupts, and requires everyone to aim at the correct number (this is tough sometimes).

The second way involves pulling all bosses to the entry door to group them up each time they split, then quickly re-entering the room (so the boss doesn't reset). A magicka Dragonknight with Deep Breath (and a morph of the Armor ultimate for emergencies) can keep them interrupted most of the time solo, with dps on standby with Crushing Shock or Venom Arrow if the grouping is imperfect. This has the advantage of being able to hit the boss and clones with AoEs, which makes the fight much easier around 30% and under when all four are casting their fire attack almost constantly. A well-placed destruction ultimate will wipe out all three clones quickly and give you a lot of one-on-one time with the real boss before the next clone phase.

Either method, barrier is great. Reflects for projectiles like the Dragonknight wings also work, and harness magicka is very useful. I am not an expert yet, but now you know what I know. I have never done it with a tank upstairs.
    Why be normal when you can be better?

Elissandra Ravenwing, Magicka Dragonknight Healer
    Lady Kalila, Stamina Templar DPS
    Stands-in-Danger, Nightblade Saptank
    Zalarah, Stamina Dragonknight DPS