Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "Celebrate the New Life Festival"

• Yolokin_Swagonborn
    Yolokin_Swagonborn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anyone have datamined recipes?
  • Goddess_Althena
    Goddess_Althena
    ✭✭✭
    I'm a bit confused by the write up. Does anyone know whether you'll have to go back to Windhelm every two hours to reup the XP potion, or will we have a consumable memento version we can use anywhere as in the previous xp events (witch whistle, jubilee cake)?
  • mimicks
    mimicks
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone have datamined recipes?
    silvereyes wrote: »
    What are the New Life recipes ??

@code65536 has you covered on the PTS thread:
    code65536 wrote: »
    Nine new recipes are found in the Update 12 PTS; expand the Spoiler section below to see them.
    pfPQ19u.png
    tk6RGQk.png
    RFd1jyV.png
    svRYTNn.png
    OWxoexH.png
    8BmPkkr.png
    2Ug8Pc9.png
    BJDsT6R.png
    yTbpOJr.png

PC NA
  • VerboseQuips
    VerboseQuips
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Will it be possible to sell/buy the new life festival mementos/hats/costumes as was the case with the Halloween event?

Also, why is there no purple-quality recipe?
    Edited by VerboseQuips on December 14, 2016 1:04AM
    My characters:
    Main and crafter: A Breton magicka templar named Erwann Sorril
    Alt 1: A Bosmer sorcerer named Tuuneleg
    Alt 2: An Imperial dragonknight named Gaius Tullius Hastifer
    Alt 3: An Argonian vampire/nightblade named Observe-le-Xanmeer
    Alt 4: A Nord werewolf/dragonknight named Sigurd Hurlevent
    Alt 5: A Breton sorcerer named Gilian Sorril (he's Erwann's younger brother)
    Alt 6: A Khajiit nightblade named Jolan-dar
    Alt 7: A Nord warden named Sigurmar Hurlevent (he's Sigurd's younger brother)
    Alt 8: An Altmer templar named Oioriel
    Alt 9: An Argonian stamina Warden named Danse-avec-les-Rainettes
    Alt 10: A Redguard templar named Neemokh af-Corelanya
    Alt 11: A Nord stamina sorcerer named Olga Écoute-Vent
    Alt 12: A Breton magicka Warden named Ian Sorril
    Alt 13: A Dunmer magicka necromancer named Ilmoran Dren
    Alt 14: An Orc stamina necromancer named Norgol gro-Borziel
    Alt 15: A Nord magicka necromancer named Thorgen Givresang
    Alt 16: An Imperial magicka dragonknight named Publius Valeirus Hastifer (Just call him "Valerio" - he's Gaius younger troublemaker of a brother)
    Main in NA (For collaborative events): A Breton magicka nightblade named Titouan Sorril (long-lost brother of Erwann and Gilian)
  • Minute_Waltz
    Minute_Waltz
    ✭✭✭
    Will it be possible to sell/buy the new life festival mementos/hats/costumes as was the case with the Halloween event?
    Most likely, as this time its quite possible for RNG to screw one by not getting them at all, as there will be a hard limit of 9 quest per day per 12 toons for ~20 days, and it looks like there is no other way to get them.. at least you could grind til death for witch masks.. if you choose to.
  • Ffastyl
    Ffastyl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Skinchanger has the first cool helm out of all the motifs. I've been using Thieves Guild because its a hood with a face mask, but that's not really a helm.

The cage-like grating is actually passable as realistic, the wolf shape as well. Older helm designs focused as much on protecting the wearer as scaring the enemy. It reminds me of Alva's helm.
    314-1-1406364888.jpg
    Edited by Ffastyl on December 14, 2016 1:18AM
    "A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it."

PC NA
    Daggerfall Covenant

Ffastyl - Level 50 Templar
    Arturus Amitis - Level 50 Nightblade
    Sulac the Wanderer - Level 50 Dragonknight
    Arcturus Leland - Level 50 Sorcerer
    Azrog rus-Oliphet - Level 50 Templar
    Tienc - Level 50 Warden
    Aldmeri Dominion
    Ashen Willow Knight - Level 50 Templar
    Champion Rank 938

Check out:
    Old vs New Intro Cinematics

"My strength is that I have no weaknesses. My weakness is that I have no strengths."
    Member since May 4th, 2014.
  • VerboseQuips
    VerboseQuips
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Most likely, as this time its quite possible for RNG to screw one by not getting them at all, as there will be a hard limit of 9 quest per day per 12 toons for ~20 days, and it looks like there is no other way to get them.. at least you could grind til death for witch masks.. if you choose to.

That's precisely what I fear, as a collector, with the daily limit. :-s
    My characters:
    Main and crafter: A Breton magicka templar named Erwann Sorril
    Alt 1: A Bosmer sorcerer named Tuuneleg
    Alt 2: An Imperial dragonknight named Gaius Tullius Hastifer
    Alt 3: An Argonian vampire/nightblade named Observe-le-Xanmeer
    Alt 4: A Nord werewolf/dragonknight named Sigurd Hurlevent
    Alt 5: A Breton sorcerer named Gilian Sorril (he's Erwann's younger brother)
    Alt 6: A Khajiit nightblade named Jolan-dar
    Alt 7: A Nord warden named Sigurmar Hurlevent (he's Sigurd's younger brother)
    Alt 8: An Altmer templar named Oioriel
    Alt 9: An Argonian stamina Warden named Danse-avec-les-Rainettes
    Alt 10: A Redguard templar named Neemokh af-Corelanya
    Alt 11: A Nord stamina sorcerer named Olga Écoute-Vent
    Alt 12: A Breton magicka Warden named Ian Sorril
    Alt 13: A Dunmer magicka necromancer named Ilmoran Dren
    Alt 14: An Orc stamina necromancer named Norgol gro-Borziel
    Alt 15: A Nord magicka necromancer named Thorgen Givresang
    Alt 16: An Imperial magicka dragonknight named Publius Valeirus Hastifer (Just call him "Valerio" - he's Gaius younger troublemaker of a brother)
    Main in NA (For collaborative events): A Breton magicka nightblade named Titouan Sorril (long-lost brother of Erwann and Gilian)
  • ManDraKE
    ManDraKE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If there isn't a Max health + Max Stam + Stam Recovery drink/food i'm going to get pissed off
  • Banana
    Banana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hope logging in to the game will be working again when this drops
  • RGD
    RGD
    ✭✭✭
    I'm a bit confused by the write up. Does anyone know whether you'll have to go back to Windhelm every two hours to reup the XP potion, or will we have a consumable memento version we can use anywhere as in the previous xp events (witch whistle, jubilee cake)?

I'm wondering this as well. I'm glad that the fact of Double XP has been noted in the announcements, but I wish there was more info on if you can re-use the mead from the keg to reup experience again, exactly like the Witchmother's Brew. Hopefully that's the case. I wouldn't be too concerned even if I did have to keep going back to Windhelp to reup. Rather that than no repeatable XP bonus at all.
    XB1 GT: RGD
    Xbox One - EU
    Ebonheart Pact
    CP: 810+
    Stamina Dragonknight DD/Tank [Ishak Pasha]
    Magicka Nightblade DD [Córvo]

#DeleteCrownCrates
  • Dragon_Tale
    Dragon_Tale
    Soul Shriven
    This looks amazing! <3
  • Ilsabet
    Ilsabet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    RGD wrote: »

I'm wondering this as well. I'm glad that the fact of Double XP has been noted in the announcements, but I wish there was more info on if you can re-use the mead from the keg to reup experience again, exactly like the Witchmother's Brew. Hopefully that's the case. I wouldn't be too concerned even if I did have to keep going back to Windhelp to reup. Rather that than no repeatable XP bonus at all.

Here's the line they added to the article:

"In addition, drinking Breda's Magnificent Mead (located in a keg near Breda) will net you double XP for two hours."

So it sounds like the keg will be stationary in Windhelm and we'll need to keep going back there to have another drink.
    Ilsabet Menard - DC Breton Nightblade archer - Savior of Pretty Much Everything, Grand Overlord & Empress Nubcakes
    Katarin Auclair - DC Breton Warden healer & ice mage
    My characters and their overly elaborate backstories
    Ilsabet's Headcanon
    The Adventures of Torbyrn Windchaser - Breaking the Ice & Ashes to Ashes
    PC NA
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager

You'll need to drink from the keg in Windhelm every two hours for the double XP buff.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You'll need to drink from the keg in Windhelm every two hours for the double XP buff.

" Everyone wipe!! Buff ran out. We need to take turn porting to wind helm before we finish the dungeon"
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • SwaminoNowlino
    SwaminoNowlino
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Spectacular forward thinking right there. Let's cram the entire server into one tiny city every 2 hours. I bet there won't be any performance issues at all!
    Xbox NA : CP 160 StamPlar, MagNB, MagSorc, StamSorc, StamDK, StamNB, Level 10 MagDK & MagPlar, StamWarden, MagWarden

"We want firing off Dark Exchange in the middle of combat to feel awesome." - The Balance Lord Wrobel
    - And now it sure does, better learn how to bash folks!

I get by with a little help from logic.
  • VileDeeds77
    VileDeeds77
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe next year we could get a magical bottomless mug of xp ale? That way if we are in the middle of a dungeon or trial we can reapply the buff without leaving the instance.
  • mr_wazzabi
    mr_wazzabi
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Nine new recipes are found in the Update 12 PTS; expand the Spoiler section below to see them.
    pfPQ19u.png
    tk6RGQk.png
    RFd1jyV.png
    svRYTNn.png
    OWxoexH.png
    8BmPkkr.png
    2Ug8Pc9.png
    BJDsT6R.png
    yTbpOJr.png

Thanks @code65536

Too bad they all suck
    Bosmer Stamina NB
    Altmer Magicka TEMP
    Dunmer DK both stam/mag (depends what I feel like)
    Altmer Magicka NB
    Breton Magicka Sorc
    Redguard Stam Sorc
    Max CP
  • cschwingeb14_ESO
    cschwingeb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    The stam+ stam recovery drink is going to be a PvP favorite with people that can afford to tri-stat their armor.
  • Dagoth_Rac
    Dagoth_Rac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Isn't that gonna put a lot of server pressure on Windhelm? I remember when everyone (or was it only DC?) had to go to Daggerfall to get cake bonus for anniversary event. It was like a slideshow. But that was a one-time thing on one character. You could use cake anywhere on any character once you did that initial quest. And Daggerfall was back to normal a few hours after anniversary event started. But Windhelm just seems like it is going to get crushed with players for entire duration of New Life event if that is only place to activate XP buff.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dagoth_Rac wrote: »
    Isn't that gonna put a lot of server pressure on Windhelm? I remember when everyone (or was it only DC?) had to go to Daggerfall to get cake bonus for anniversary event. It was like a slideshow. But that was a one-time thing on one character. You could use cake anywhere on any character once you did that initial quest. And Daggerfall was back to normal a few hours after anniversary event started. But Windhelm just seems like it is going to get crushed with players for entire duration of New Life event if that is only place to activate XP buff.

The like to invent special events that exceed the capabilities of their servers, so we shall see...
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Vifen
    Vifen
    ✭✭✭
    Can we know when is the end of the festival?
    PC EU

G Strongarm - 50 sorc
    Vifen Ah - 50 dk crafter
  • ChandraNalaar
    ChandraNalaar
    ✭✭✭

pfPQ19u.png
    tk6RGQk.png
    RFd1jyV.png
    svRYTNn.png
    OWxoexH.png
    8BmPkkr.png
    2Ug8Pc9.png
    BJDsT6R.png
    yTbpOJr.png

Does this mean it will help with the fishing achievements for the festival? Or for master angler? @ZOS_GinaBruno :astonished:
  • Ilsabet
    Ilsabet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

pfPQ19u.png
    tk6RGQk.png
    RFd1jyV.png
    svRYTNn.png
    OWxoexH.png
    8BmPkkr.png
    2Ug8Pc9.png
    BJDsT6R.png
    yTbpOJr.png

Does this mean it will help with the fishing achievements for the festival? Or for master angler? @ZOS_GinaBruno :astonished:

Heh, I just found the answer elsewhere:
    Khajiit she tested this recipe. All it did, as far as this one she could tell, was to make the fishy puddles glow and tell you what kind of water it is.

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws
    Ilsabet Menard - DC Breton Nightblade archer - Savior of Pretty Much Everything, Grand Overlord & Empress Nubcakes
    Katarin Auclair - DC Breton Warden healer & ice mage
    My characters and their overly elaborate backstories
    Ilsabet's Headcanon
    The Adventures of Torbyrn Windchaser - Breaking the Ice & Ashes to Ashes
    PC NA
  • Praag
    Praag
    Soul Shriven
    Vifen wrote: »
    Can we know when is the end of the festival?

Jan, 4-th
  • Rev Rielle
    Rev Rielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This looks quite nice. I hope the quests will be enjoyable.
    Also looking forward to the dye.
    If you can be anything, be kind.
  • TheForseti
    TheForseti
    ✭✭✭

This is what I'd call retrograde design. Changing something to make it far worse, objectively, than similar items previously made.
    PC-NA | CP 1,400+ @The_Forseti
  • ZoM_Head
    ZoM_Head
    ✭✭✭✭
    The new Stalhrim crafting motif, is it a crown store exclusive item?

Or can it drop like the Skinchanger motif from the rewards of the new life festival quests?
    mDKs still need a lot of love!
  • DPG76
    DPG76
    ✭✭✭
    so every 2 hrs we'll have to go to Windhelm on the spot to renew xp bonus ????????????????
    i bet they added the xp boost last second or something .. but thx anyway
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Spectacular forward thinking right there. Let's cram the entire server into one tiny city every 2 hours. I bet there won't be any performance issues at all!

Sometimes I'm often convinced the intent is to break their own game
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • Reco
    Reco
    ✭✭✭
    Could all of you sarcastic posters stop being sarcastic here? You are the sole cause why official ZOS people stop participating on threads. You troll and flame and poison, and they understandably go away. Stop.