Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "Celebrate the New Life Festival"

ZOS_GinaBruno
ZOS_GinaBruno
Community Manager
This is the official discussion thread for the blog article Celebrate the New Life Festival. The New Life Festival kicks off this Thursday, December 15 at 10:00am EST and is filled with quests that take you across different zones to obtain fun and festive rewards. Check out the article for all the details!
Gina Bruno
Senior Community Manager
Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
Staff Post
  • AlphaAbsol
    AlphaAbsol
    ✭✭
    Will the quests only be available on particular days? Or can the quests be done whenever?
  • Glaiceana
    Glaiceana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sounds very fun and interesting! :) Looking forward to it! <3
    Priests of Hircine
    Werewolves who bite for FREE! PC/EU
    Our total free bites: 7000+
    Guild Subreddit | Forum Thread | YouTube Playlist
    Total Champion Points: 1000+
    Main Character: Ithaera - Stam DK, Nord, Female, DD, Werewolf.
    Rothelnog - Stam NB, Orc, Male, DD, Werewolf.
    J'Xena - Mag DK, Khajiit, Female, DD, Werewolf.
    Dances-With-Frost-Dragons - DK, Argonian, Male, Tank, Werewolf.
    Raziel The Paradox - Mag TP, Dark Elf, Male, DD, Vampire.
    Swims-Through-Starlight - TP, Argonian, Female, Healer, Werewolf.
    Glaicean Mag Ward, High Elf, Male, Ice DD, Werewolf.
    Hjurne Hircine's Forsaken - Sorc, Redguard, Male, PvP DD, Werewolf.
    My Total Free Werewolf Bites: 400+ (Ask me about bites if you need one!)
    Playing since July 2015!
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    AlphaAbsol wrote: »
    Will the quests only be available on particular days? Or can the quests be done whenever?

You can do all 9 quests whenever you want, but can only complete them once daily.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Staff Post
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

i would expect that the quests can be done on any day.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Icy
    Icy
    ✭✭✭✭
    You can do all 9 quests whenever you want, but can only complete them once daily.
    What about Imperials!!??? Don't they get a quest????

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________Greetings, Outlanders from -Icy (@IcyIC)twitch.tv/IcyICyoutube.com/HulloItsIcy(not ZOS_Icy)_____________________________________________________________________________________________________
  • mad0ni0n
    mad0ni0n
    ✭✭✭
    Icy wrote: »

An Imperial quest wouldn't really make sense as each quest takes place in an appropriate zone for that race, you can't really have a quest in cyrodiil!
  • Icy
    Icy
    ✭✭✭✭
    Double post
    Edited by Icy on December 13, 2016 8:00PM
    _____________________________________________________________________________________________________Greetings, Outlanders from -Icy (@IcyIC)twitch.tv/IcyICyoutube.com/HulloItsIcy(not ZOS_Icy)_____________________________________________________________________________________________________
  • Lord_Eomer
    Lord_Eomer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Will there be XP gain buff like Witches Festival?
  • Icy
    Icy
    ✭✭✭✭
    mad0ni0n wrote: »
    Icy wrote: »
    An Imperial quest wouldn't really make sense as each quest takes place in an appropriate zone for that race, you can't really have a quest in cyrodiil!
    SURE you can! There are already dailies in Cyrodiil. Just add another for the New Life Festival. Think of the challenges and fun sneaking into Cyrodiil! ^_^

• Minute_Waltz
    Minute_Waltz
    ✭✭✭

When do those daily quests reset? Same time as undaunted pledges I guess?

Edit: Also, are there going to be bonus xps with this event?
    Edited by Minute_Waltz on December 13, 2016 8:04PM
  • Rixact
    Rixact
    I was under the impression it would be a double xp event. That does not seem to be mentioned here.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rixact wrote: »
    I was under the impression it would be a double xp event. That does not seem to be mentioned here.

Huh. I did not pay that much attention when it was on PTS. Was this the case back then? Otherwise, I would not expect it.
  • yodased
    yodased
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is this starting at 10:00 meaning you will turn it on at 10:00 and then it will start at 11 or normal human start at 10:00.

Cause, you know.
    Tl;dr really weigh the fun you have in game vs the business practices you are supporting.
  • Rixact
    Rixact

Huh. I did not pay that much attention when it was on PTS. Was this the case back then? Otherwise, I would not expect it.

Yes. I believe most expected it would be based off that. Some kind of keg you drank from that gave increased xp for 2 hours. Drinking again would refresh the buff.
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager

Yes. I believe most expected it would be based off that. Some kind of keg you drank from that gave increased xp for 2 hours. Drinking again would refresh the buff.

Oh, gosh. You're all right. There is a keg that you drink from that will grant double XP. We'll get the article updated as soon as possible to reflect that (extremely important) bit of info. Thanks for bringing it to our attention!
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Staff Post
  • Skorol007
    Skorol007
    ✭✭✭

Oh, gosh. You're all right. There is a keg that you drink from that will grant double XP. We'll get the article updated as soon as possible to reflect that (extremely important) bit of info. Thanks for bringing it to our attention!

Thanks Gina!
  • mad0ni0n
    mad0ni0n
    ✭✭✭

Lol, Gina please! I love you but you can't do this to us, this is critical info! it was on the PTS so I just assumed but when I didn't see it in the news post I started getting concerned! Anyway, thanks for getting the answer to us nice and quick.
  • Skcarkden
    Skcarkden
    ✭✭✭✭
    She's keeping the booze for herself!
  • jcaceresw
    jcaceresw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Skcarkden wrote: »
    She's keeping the booze for herself!

hahahahaha @ZOS_GinaBruno, mind to share it?
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Hmm. Sounds like you could use a drink from a different keg? :smile:
  • worsttankever
    worsttankever
    ✭✭✭
    What are the New Life recipes ??
    Men are but flesh and blood. They know their doom, but not the hour.
  • silvereyes
    silvereyes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    What are the New Life recipes ??

@code65536 has you covered on the PTS thread:
    code65536 wrote: »
    Nine new recipes are found in the Update 12 PTS; expand the Spoiler section below to see them.
    pfPQ19u.png
    tk6RGQk.png
    RFd1jyV.png
    svRYTNn.png
    OWxoexH.png
    8BmPkkr.png
    2Ug8Pc9.png
    BJDsT6R.png
    yTbpOJr.png
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I never looked after Witches Festival... do the recipes and what they make extend past the event? Can I drink eye balls today and have it work?
  • pasmith_ESO
    pasmith_ESO
    ✭✭
    OK I'll be the noob... as a proud denizen of Daggerfall I have no idea where Windhelm is or how I would get there...
  • jcaceresw
    jcaceresw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OK I'll be the noob... as a proud denizen of Daggerfall I have no idea where Windhelm is or how I would get there...

EP Faction, look at the EastMarch zone. Windhelm is located at the top center.
  • Ilsabet
    Ilsabet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I never looked after Witches Festival... do the recipes and what they make extend past the event? Can I drink eye balls today and have it work?

Yes and yes. The recipes no longer drop, but you can buy them from other players, use them, make stuff with them, and consume the made stuff with no problem.
    Ilsabet Menard - DC Breton Nightblade archer - Savior of Pretty Much Everything, Grand Overlord & Empress Nubcakes
    Katarin Auclair - DC Breton Warden healer & ice mage
    My characters and their overly elaborate backstories
    Ilsabet's Headcanon
    The Adventures of Torbyrn Windchaser - Breaking the Ice & Ashes to Ashes
    PC NA
  • pasmith_ESO
    pasmith_ESO
    ✭✭
    jcaceresw wrote: »

EP Faction, look at the EastMarch zone. Windhelm is located at the top center.

Thank you so much!
  • chuck-18_ESO
    chuck-18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm super excited for all of this, but also really bummed Imperials don't get any love </3
    The Exclusionary Mandates of Maruhkite Selection: All Are Equal

1: That the Supreme Spirit Akatosh is of unitary essence, as proven by the monolinearity of Time.
    1: That Shezarr the missing sibling is Singularly Misplaced and therefore Doubly Venerated.
    1: That the protean substrate that informs all denial of (1) is the Aldmeri Taint.
    1: That the Prophet Most Simian demonstrated that monothought begets Proper-Life.
    1: That the purpose of Proper-Life is the Expungement of the Taint.
    1: That the Arc of Time provides the mortal theater for the Sacred Expungement.
    1: That Akatosh is Time is Proper-Life is Taint-Death.
  • Yolokin_Swagonborn
    Yolokin_Swagonborn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm super excited for all of this, but also really bummed Imperials don't get any love </3

#ImperialLivesMatter

Well you had to pay extra to unlock the imperial race so maybe the imperial quest is available on the crown store for 500 crowns and drops and exclusive item like a food that gives the best stats. :grin:

JK but the @Icy is right, there should be a Cyrodiil imperial quest. Kill 20 Imperials in PvP, they should drop a special item called imperial hearts that you can use to make a festive imperial eggnog for the holidays!
    Edited by Yolokin_Swagonborn on December 13, 2016 10:56PM
  • Recremen
    Recremen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Super excited for this event! Question: are there indeed dye stamps associated with the holiday, specifically the ones datamined here?

e5f555a7b7eae123b6ce94c7d051aee6.png

Are these hypothetical dyes dye-stamp exclusive, or will we be able to buy them for permanent unlock so that we can use the colors in the normal way we're used to dyeing items?
    Edited by Recremen on December 13, 2016 11:34PM
    Men'Do PC NA AD Khajiit
    Grand High Illustrious Mid-Tier PvP/PvE Bussmunster