The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

7 new exclusive crown store dyestamps with new events

Ayantir
Ayantir
✭✭✭✭
Hello everyone,

As updating an addon, I found 7 new crownstore exclusive dyestamps which will be soon introduced in game!
As their names spoils them, they should be added in next event for some and maybe the next one after for few others.

Colors are :

A nice light blue (Iliac Bay Blue)
A yellow lemmon (Alik'r Sand)
A little pale pink (Guar Tongue Pink)
A nice dark magenta (Surilie Wine)
A perfect white (Frostfroth Gray)
An Irish green (Karth Ivy Green)
A Crimson red (Comberry Crimson)

e5f555a7b7eae123b6ce94c7d051aee6.png

Enjoy / Discuss!
Obsessive Compulsive Elder Scrolls addons Coder
A Few millions downloads of ESO addons now.
Master crafter on my main char since release. All tradeskills, recipes \o/, researchs (since long), 35 styles known
My little french Guild: Cercle de l'Eveil
  • Lumbermill_Emperor
    Lumbermill_Emperor
    ✭✭✭✭
    better fix old addons instead of doing new ones!
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    better fix old addons instead of doing new ones!

I'd like to thank @Ayantir for all the work he's doing for the community, and taking the time on top of it to pass on this kind of info.

As to your remark, @Lumbermill_Emperor , maybe you should consider being more... considerate of add-on authors. After all, they could stop doing that and leave us with the vanilla game interface.

• Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yay. Christmas themed (and named) colors in a world that has no Christmas. Poor @Gidorick is probably laughing at those lore-interested people, like me, that stuck around thinking ZOS had some semblance of what Tamriel is.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yay. Christmas themed (and named) colors in a world that has no Christmas. Poor @Gidorick is probably laughing at those lore-interested people, like me, that stuck around thinking ZOS had some semblance of what Tamriel is.
    I don't see any Christmas naming there. They're named after the New Life Festival holiday.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • Tryxus
    Tryxus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dibella's Kiss... ohohoho :p
    "The Oak's Promise: stand strong, stay true, and shelter all"
    Tryxus of the Undying Song - Warden - PC/EU/DC
  • ku5h
    ku5h
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Selling dyes for real money is just.......LOL
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey @Ayantir, which add-on is that?
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
  • Kendaric
    Kendaric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I only hope they don't pull some crap like SWTOR or EQ2 with this...

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!. Outfit slots not being accountwide is ridiculous given their price. PC EU/PC NA roleplayer and solo PvE quester
    • Ayantir
      Ayantir
      ✭✭✭✭
      Enodoc wrote: »
      It's Dyer, a tiny addon I did few months ago
      it permits you to unlock costume tab even without being eso+ (for previewing only), list all available, past and future dyestamps made by zos and permit you to save sets of dyes for quick dying.

Edited by Ayantir on November 26, 2016 1:21PM
      Master crafter on my main char since release. All tradeskills, recipes \o/, researchs (since long), 35 styles known
    • Abeille
      Abeille
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      I don't see any Christmas naming there. They're named after the New Life Festival holiday.

I have to agree here. I see no lore issue with the names.

Now... I have an issue with them being exclusive to dye stamps, because dye stamps are awfully restricted. If I could buy them and unlock these dyes, or even if I didn't unlock them but I could buy each dye individually and use them as I see fit, I wouldn't mind. But I hate, HATE how limiting dye stamps are.
      Edited by Abeille on November 26, 2016 3:13PM
      Just so that everyone knows, my Altmer still can't have black hair. About a dozen of Altmer NPCs in the game have black hair. Just saying.

Meet my characters:
      Command: Do the thing.

Zadarri, Khajiit Fist of Thalmor: The thing was done, as commanded.
      Durza gra-Maghul, Orc blacksmith: The thing was done perfectly, in the most efficient way.
      Tegwen, Bosmer troublemaker: You can't prove I didn't do the thing.
      Sings-Many-Songs, Argonian fisher: Sure, I'll do the thing... Eventually. Maybe.
      Aerindel, Altmer stormcaller: After extensive research, I've come to the conclusion that doing the thing would be a waste of resources.
      Liliel, Dunmer pyromancer: Aerindel said I shouldn't do the thing. Something about "resources".
      Gyda Snowcaller, Nord cryomancer: I will find a way to do it that won't waste resources and make Aerindel proud of me.
      Beatrice Leoriane, Breton vampire: I persuaded someone else into doing the thing. You are welcome, dear.
      Sahima, Redguard performer: Doing the thing sounds awfully unpleasant and really not my problem.
      Ellaria Valerius, Imperial priestess: I'll pray to the Eight for the thing to be done, if it is Their will.
    • Prof_Bawbag
      Prof_Bawbag
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭
      I can now run around looking like the Italian national flag.
    • Elsonso
      Elsonso
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭

A red, green, and white dye pack named Mistletoe? That is two references to Christmas, right there. A more appropriate dye pack color for mistletoe would be two shades of green and white, were it not intended to represent Christmas.

Can anyone explain why Frosted Garland is yet another combination of the same three colors? Oh yeah, Christmas.

They skirted around using the name Candy Cane several times, but they might as well have used it.

The New Life Festival is not Christmas. There is nothing in Tamriel to spawn such a festival. A Winter Solstice (which cannot exist in Tamriel) festival would not be so fixated on combinations of red, green, and white. They want New Life Festival to be Christmas because the cultural familiarity from the players will sell Crowns. That is what is important here, and the players, lacking any leadership or guidance from ZOS to do anything different, will just fall in line and buy Christmas trappings for the ESO Christmas Holiday.

The mindset and direction that they have for this game would have been so much better suited for Fallout Online. I am wishing that they had started with that game, rather than ESO. The Store would have been so much easier to stock. They want so desperately to do Christmas, Easter, Halloween, Valentines Day, Independence Day, and all sorts of great holidays, but are trapped in the wrong game world. Fallout Online would have been loads more fun for holidays.

Maybe, after ZOS is done using ESO as the practice run for Fallout Online, players can experience a nice post-apocalyptic Christmas. Just a few more years to wait.

• kvlou79
      kvlou79
      ✭✭✭

A red, green, and white dye pack named Mistletoe? That is two references to Christmas, right there. A more appropriate dye pack color for mistletoe would be two shades of green and white, were it not intended to represent Christmas.

Can anyone explain why Frosted Garland is yet another combination of the same three colors? Oh yeah, Christmas.

They skirted around using the name Candy Cane several times, but they might as well have used it.

The New Life Festival is not Christmas. There is nothing in Tamriel to spawn such a festival. A Winter Solstice (which cannot exist in Tamriel) festival would not be so fixated on combinations of red, green, and white. They want New Life Festival to be Christmas because the cultural familiarity from the players will sell Crowns. That is what is important here, and the players, lacking any leadership or guidance from ZOS to do anything different, will just fall in line and buy Christmas trappings for the ESO Christmas Holiday.

The mindset and direction that they have for this game would have been so much better suited for Fallout Online. I am wishing that they had started with that game, rather than ESO. The Store would have been so much easier to stock. They want so desperately to do Christmas, Easter, Halloween, Valentines Day, Independence Day, and all sorts of great holidays, but are trapped in the wrong game world. Fallout Online would have been loads more fun for holidays.

Maybe, after ZOS is done using ESO as the practice run for Fallout Online, players can experience a nice post-apocalyptic Christmas. Just a few more years to wait.

Not sure if you're mad about lore or what, but, Mistletoe is a plant. Just like Oak,Maple,Beech. Doesn't necessarily have anything to do with Santa or Jesus. I mean, I suppose they could come up with some Tamriel exclusive, fictional plant, but who cares.
    • Tryxus
      Tryxus
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Christmas in Tamriel is called Saturalia

uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Calendar#Saturalia
      "The Oak's Promise: stand strong, stay true, and shelter all"
      Tryxus of the Undying Song - Warden - PC/EU/DC
    • TerraDewBerry
      TerraDewBerry
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Abeille wrote: »

Now... I have an issue with them being exclusive to dye stamps, because dye stamps are awfully restricted. If I could buy them and unlock these dyes, or even if I didn't unlock them but I could buy each dye individually and use them as I see fit, I wouldn't mind. But I hate, HATE how limiting dye stamps are.

I have to agree. I would be more than willing to buy the exclusive dye colors once if I was able to use them as much as I wished or they unlocked that color for me. I will not be buying exclusive dye stamps that are a one time use.
    • andreasranasen
      andreasranasen
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭
      Majority of players don't know what New Life Festival is. Majority of players never played Skyrim. They need to add something so players can relate to an actual holiday (worlds biggest holiday) that's going on at the same time.
      Edited by andreasranasen on November 26, 2016 4:40PM
      #VMATOKENSYSTEM #WEAPONDYE #TRAITCHANGE #CROWNCRATELOVER
      • Alliance/Platform: Aldemerii - PS4/NA - CP 800+
      • Mag Sorc: Arya Rosendahl - Altmer - Highelf
    • Recremen
      Recremen
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      To heck with all stamp-exclusive dyes. They should either be added in game, or purchasable permanently for use in the normal dye system.
      Edited by Recremen on December 13, 2016 11:29PM
      Men'Do PC NA AD Khajiit
      Grand High Illustrious Mid-Tier PvP/PvE Bussmunster
    • Elsonso
      Elsonso
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      kvlou79 wrote: »
      Not sure if you're mad about lore or what, but, Mistletoe is a plant. Just like Oak,Maple,Beech. Doesn't necessarily have anything to do with Santa or Jesus. I mean, I suppose they could come up with some Tamriel exclusive, fictional plant, but who cares.

In the context of the upcoming ESO Christmas Holiday, mistletoe is a symbol of Christmas, just like holly, and garland, and candy canes, and presents, and brightly decorated trees, and fat jolly elves in red and white winter wear.

Yes, mistletoe is a plant, but that is not the purpose here. You will not see them sell a dye pack called "The Walking Oak" and have it be red, green, and white colors. Oak, as common as it is in Tamriel, is not associated with Christmas. No one puts up a decorated oak tree in their house, for example. If the use of "mistletoe" were intended to reflect the plant, which could exist in Tamriel, not the cultural Christmas holiday, it would not be a red, green, and white combination of colors because mistletoe is most commonly green with white berries.

The dye pack "The Walking Mistletoe" is red, green, and white because it is intended to represent Christmas.

I mention all of this simply because the whole purpose of the New Life Festival, from Studio concept to Studio implementation, is to be Christmas. No other holiday. Only Christmas.

They are trapped in a game world where they cannot call it Christmas, but they desperately want to put Christmas in the game. They know that people will buy whatever Red/Green/White dye packs they put in the game, no matter what they call them, because it is Christmas. Christmas costumes, polymorphs, jewelry, dye packs, pets, mounts, and house decorations (next year); all of these things are what they so desperately want in the Crown Store. So, they will do it anyway, and name it after a New Years Day holiday, because no one knows what they heck Saturalia is, and it does not sound anything like a "Christmas" holiday.

It is not like I don't like Christmas. I decorate my house, inside and out, and wear Christmas themed clothes, as do my pets. But Elder Scrolls? Christmas does not need to be there, especially since it is not supported by the franchise lore.

When it comes to holidays, ZOS is all about Fail, because they never really go all out to do something, except Crown Crates. If I want to do a proper MMO Christmas, I will pop into World of Warcraft for the Feast of Winter Veil. Blizzard does Christmas in a way that ZOS cannot even touch. Blizzard does every holiday in a way that ZOS cannot touch because Blizzard does not care about the franchise lore. ZOS lacks the creativity, time, development priority, and (most importantly) lore to do any of our holidays properly. They just do some cheap thing with a token of interest, while trying to navigate the lore. They should just stick to the lore, or follow Blizzard's lead and abandon the franchise lore completely.

If they do the latter, they need to do it right. Not with half their creative brain tied behind their back.
      Edited by Elsonso on November 26, 2016 5:43PM
    • Acrolas
      Acrolas
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Yeah, exclusive dyes can suck a ***.

But mistletoe has origins in Norse and Celtic tradition. Garland is an old English agricultural term.

If you want to moan about a word, focus on Zinfandel, popularized thanks to the 19th century California Gold Rush and originating in Croatia as Primitivo grapes. Not quite as contemporary as tacos (patented in the 1940's), but it's a term that nobody on Nirn would use.
      signing off
    • TankHealz2015
      TankHealz2015
      ✭✭✭
      Ayantir wrote: »
      It's Dyer, a tiny addon I did few months ago
      it permits you to unlock costume tab even without being eso+ (for previewing only), list all available, past and future dyestamps made by zos and permit you to save sets of dyes for quick dying.

QUESTION:

I am an ESO+ customer: does this addon have a benefit for me?

I was curious about using it to unlock colors or dye stamps that I do not have unlocked yet.
    • Acrolas
      Acrolas
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      I was curious about using it to unlock colors or dye stamps that I do not have unlocked yet.

I was curious about how the word 'exploit' never entered your mind while writing that.
      signing off
    • ChandraNalaar
      ChandraNalaar
      ✭✭✭
      Ayantir wrote: »
      Hello everyone,

As updating an addon, I found 7 new crownstore exclusive dyestamps which will be soon introduced in game!
      As their names spoils them, they should be added in next event for some and maybe the next one after for few others.

Colors are :

A nice light blue (Iliac Bay Blue)
      A yellow lemmon (Alik'r Sand)
      A little pale pink (Guar Tongue Pink)
      A nice dark magenta (Surilie Wine)
      A perfect white (Frostfroth Gray)
      An Irish green (Karth Ivy Green)
      A Crimson red (Comberry Crimson)

e5f555a7b7eae123b6ce94c7d051aee6.png

Enjoy / Discuss!

I still don't think they should have the Crown Store exclusive dyes look way better than any of the ones you can get in game; that orange dye from Halloween was the best looking orange I had ever seen, and they made it limited edition. I think it would go over better for them to introduce the option to buy dyes instead of just the dye stamps, especially since the dye stamps are one time use only and can only be used on your Crown Store costumes.
    • ZOS_JohanaB
      ZOS_JohanaB
      ✭✭✭✭
      We've moved this thread to Crown Store & ESO Plus
      Staff Post
    • Ayantir
      Ayantir
      ✭✭✭✭
      QUESTION:

I am an ESO+ customer: does this addon have a benefit for me?

it embeds all crown store dyestamps.. so if you did a lot of achievements, you'll see that you don't need to buy them.
      plus it enable unlimited saved sets, so if you like changing your dyes often, it'll be easy to find an old saved dyed set you may liked in past.
    • LadyNalcarya
      LadyNalcarya
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      I really hate the way they release crown store exclusive dyes.
      I would buy a permanent unlock, but those dye stamps are just bad. You can't use them on armor (only on costumes and hats), you cant even change the order of swatches, and they are consumables.
      And to add insult to injury, those exclusive dyes look better than in-game ones. :(
      Dro-m'Athra Destroyer | Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor | Voice of Reason

PC/EU
    • Enodoc
      Enodoc
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Abeille wrote: »

Yeah it's a bit of a shame that. They did the same thing with the Witches Festival dyes.

I know what you're getting at, but there isn't enough existing lore surrounding the New Life Festival for us to say that red and green aren't principal colours of it, and that mistletoe isn't a symbol of it. In fact, I don't think there's any lore around the New Life Festival at all, aside from its existence. And we both know that Bethesda only created Saturalia and New Life in the first place solely to be a facsimile of Christmas and New Year.
    • Elsonso
      Elsonso
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      I know what you're getting at, but there isn't enough existing lore surrounding the New Life Festival for us to say that red and green aren't principal colours of it, and that mistletoe isn't a symbol of it. In fact, I don't think there's any lore around the New Life Festival at all, aside from its existence. And we both know that Bethesda only created Saturalia and New Life in the first place solely to be a facsimile of Christmas and New Year.

Say it is. So what? They can justify all the holidays and celebrate them. Part of the problem is that they won't. They will continue to do this weaving drunken line walk trying not to step on the lore, while trying to appease the rest of the world in what they want. They just need to stop, sit down, and do it. None of this pretending that it isn't what it is, wink wink, nudge nudge. Rip the band-aid off and be done with it.

Or don't do it. Leave the holidays in the real world and just run the game.

They just need to stop trying to be both a franchise lore game, and a game that celebrates real world holidays. Sort of celebrate. They aren't doing either particularly well. Pick one.

If they do it, they need to do it right. No ZOS patented half-sies. They need to roll out Crown Crate quality holidays. ZOS needs to fill Tamriel with lights on every building, with garland, wreaths, and holly. We should have our our snoof, our tringlers and our fuzzles, not to mention our pantookas, our dafflers and our wuzzles. Fill the world with green and red holiday trimmings! Put a big lighted tree in the middle of Wayrest, surrounded by presents. Hang tinsel on the tree in Elden Root. Decorate the Cyrodiil keeps in holiday cheer.

• Enodoc
      Enodoc
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Say it is. So what? They can justify all the holidays and celebrate them. Part of the problem is that they won't. They will continue to do this weaving drunken line walk trying not to step on the lore, while trying to appease the rest of the world in what they want. They just need to stop, sit down, and do it. None of this pretending that it isn't what it is, wink wink, nudge nudge. Rip the band-aid off and be done with it.

Or don't do it. Leave the holidays in the real world and just run the game.

They just need to stop trying to be both a franchise lore game, and a game that celebrates real world holidays. Sort of celebrate. They aren't doing either particularly well. Pick one.

If they do it, they need to do it right. No ZOS patented half-sies. They need to roll out Crown Crate quality holidays. ZOS needs to fill Tamriel with lights on every building, with garland, wreaths, and holly. We should have our our snoof, our tringlers and our fuzzles, not to mention our pantookas, our dafflers and our wuzzles. Fill the world with green and red holiday trimmings! Put a big lighted tree in the middle of Wayrest, surrounded by presents. Hang tinsel on the tree in Elden Root. Decorate the Cyrodiil keeps in holiday cheer.
      There's a difference between celebrating a holiday and being tacky. All that tat shouldn't even exist in the real world.
    • Mercutio
      Mercutio
      ✭✭✭✭
      Recremen wrote: »
      Screw all stamp-exclusive dyes. They should either be added in game, or purchasable permanently for use in the normal dye system.

I second this. I also believe it would lead to a lot more dyes being sold. Many players are like me - obsessive collectors. With the dye stamps there is nothing to collect, ergo my lack of interest in them for the main part.

The problem with arguing with a jackass is that they never stop braying.
      #DwemerLife
    • WhiteCoatSyndrome
      WhiteCoatSyndrome
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭
      I find the copy-and-paste of Christmas colors into what is supposed to be the Tamriel New Year festivities to show a screaming lack of creativity. Note to ZOS: I play Elder Scrolls games because they are weird and different as far as fantasy goes; they have just enough familiarity to keep me from feeling like I don't know what's going on, and then they go off in strange and exotic new directions. This? This is not strange, exotic, or different. It's not even a good copy-and-paste job, because again, NEW YEAR.
      #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
      PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
      A useful explanation for how RNG works

PC/NA ROLLBACKS AND BAN NOTIFICATIONS ANNOUNCEMENT.