Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Champion 150 vs 160

Dharmabum
Dharmabum
The material requirements for champion level 160 gear are about 10 times more than the requirements for champion level 150 gear yet the stats are the same. Why bother? Am I missing something? Thanks.
  • DannyLV702
    DannyLV702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Makes a difference in weapons and your damage I believe. Plus, it gives you that extra edge if you're competitive it pvp or pve ends game content.
  • Dharmabum
    Dharmabum
    What's the difference though? In the item preview, the stats are identical.
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The stats are slightly different ... but as @DannyLV702 said it's not a large issue unless you are a min/max player in competitive PvP or end game PvE.

If you do want to maximize your gear to CP160 work on golding out your weapons first, armor second.
  • Dharmabum
    Dharmabum
    Can a 150 weapon hold a 160 enchantment?
  • disintegr8
    disintegr8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    For armour, the main benefit comes in enchanting - putting a CP160 enchantment on a gold CP160 item gives a decent boost over CP150 gear and enchants.

For Weapons, simply improving CP160 weapon from purple to gold gives you a 200 damage increase on top of any additional benefit a CP160 enchantment adds.
    Australian on PS4 NA server.
    Everyone's entitled to an opinion.
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's all the marginal gains, its the same with the gold uplift, on gear and Jewellery its hardly worth it, it if you are truly end game and settled on your gear choice you may as well.have that last few %
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dharmabum wrote: »
    Can a 150 weapon hold a 160 enchantment?

No, but there are separate potency runes for CP150 and CP160 ... so you can craft glyphs for either CP150 or CP160 level armor and weapons.

Edited by Taleof2Cities on December 3, 2016 10:13PM
  • threefarms
    threefarms
    ✭✭✭
    Its a huge difference.
  • Ghettokid
    Ghettokid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    threefarms wrote: »
    Its a huge difference.
    Cannot tell that is this sarcasm or not.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    With Enchanting, the difference is about 540 of an Attribute, if your running Infused on your Large Pieces, so even less if your running Divines on those. Since most people are around 30K on their main stat, this is not a game changing difference

Bonus and Armor Stats, it's not much either.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• failkiwib16_ESO
    failkiwib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Depending on what how and what you do in ESO, it may have great or no impact.

Superb Glyph of Magicka Champion 150
    • white 585
    • green 615
    • blue 666
    • purple 702
    • gold 761
    Truly Superb Glyph of Magicka Champion 160
    • white 630
    • green 657
    • blue 763
    • purple 802
    • gold 868

Those tiny differences do add up, but it doesn't matter if you don't do anything competitive.
    Edited by failkiwib16_ESO on December 7, 2016 2:24PM
  • F0urPac
    F0urPac
    I just hit 160 and decided it was time to upgrade, I thought it was a glitch so I came here looking for help, wish I was right about the glitch. I'm just a casual player (Work, wife, kids, school) so seeing those requirements was a punch in the chest.
  • summitxho
    summitxho
    ✭✭✭
    I too thought it would take a long time to save up almost 1000 of each material, but if you have a couple other characters its not too bad. Do tier 1 woodworking/blacksmith/clothing writs on 2 alts with tier 1 materials, the rewards will always give tier1 materials back to that character almost replacing what you used to complete the writ, the surveys then start to add up pretty quick. Turn the surveys you amassed with the low level crafting character with your high level crafting character and the tier 10 materials add up in a hurry. Took me about 2 weeks of casual play to save up enough to craft the 160 gear using 2 alts.
  • Dagoth_Rac
    Dagoth_Rac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    CP160 weapons upgraded to gold are a very big boost over CP160 weapons at purple (and everything sub-CP160). Armor and jewelry? Differences are noticeable, but small. For a casual player, CP150 gear is fine.

The increase in materials was because farming endgame dropped gear was a time-consuming process while crafting endgame dropped gear was super easy. So they made endgame crafted gear require a lot more materials and thus a similar time commitment as farming dropped gear. Although endgame materials are much easier to get now. They originally only dropped in Imperial City DLC and only from deconning trash gear with very low rates of material return or by buying the material with Tel Var stones at high prices. It took weeks or months of difficult Imperial City play to get materials for a CP160 set.

Now, CP160 materials are everywhere and from resource nodes that give 3-8 per node. You can have a CP160 character run in circles just about anywhere and collect hundreds of materials in an hour.