The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

Any one else thinks that mage blades need a buff?

• thankyourat
    thankyourat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kutsuu wrote: »
    LegacyDM wrote: »
    Lexxypwns wrote: »
    Mageblade for Pvp has probably the highest skill cap of any build. If you're able to outplay your opponent you can compete. The problems is, the skill floor is also extremely high, you have to pretty solid to get anything done at all.

Mageblade is just really unforgiving, people don't realize that because "lol, perma cloak" but good players will wreck you if you make mistakes against them as a mageblade

this is the problem. One has to work harder to achieve the same objective. What's the point of having a class if only 1% can use it effectively? Or 1% only play it because the skill cap is to high. That's why I asked mr. Lambert to release the numbers so that we can confirm your statement. I think mageblades are the ugly headed step child not Magedks.

Nah, solo open world Pvp mageblade > mDK. For dueling and group play ill take mDK tho, but it's always shined in those situations where it's limitations aren't so easily exploited.

Mageblade is FUN though, you just have to accept you're gonna die some, it's hard mode pvp

Huh? How can a SOLO Mageblade both be worse in duels but better in open world? Don't tell me it's because mageblades accel from ganking at stealth...because they don't. or because magicka NB are masters at LOS. If los is required there is a problem. Furthermore have you not stumbled against a mdk in open world? They talon, petrify, skoria, flame lash, and standard of might you to death. As a magicka NB you can't dodge roll and break free enough to get out and you can't cloak away do to all the dots and talons. Only way to counter that is run mist form but that forces you to be vamp, take major fire damage, and drains your magicka. + most mdk are tanky as hell.
    Aside from their very good peformance in duels (1v1) and as the best bomber in Cyrodiil right now, the only problem I see with magblade is the unreliability of cloak these days. Ironically enough it's all these braindead light attack bow spammers that mess me up the most because any projectile with a travel time is going to pull me right back out of cloak every time I hit it.

Wrobel has already promised on reddit that they're universally buffing magicka in U13. I have seen no dev comments about cloak, of course. There's also the fact that they will be gutting proc sets in some way or another which will make Magblades stronger by extension.

I love magblade as it is honestly. Give cloak some work and I will be very happy with mine overall. Just making it unbreakable by single target damage (not by AOE or magelight/expert hunter) would probably fix a lot of the issues with travel time abilities, including gap closers, breaking it constantly.

Bomber? No one plays a bomber anymore after they nerfed proxy det. Bombers can't blow up jack up anymore. Cloak has been malfunctioning since launch. To add insult to jury they keep putting in more counters without actually fixing anything.

Umm... Nightblades arguably have the best synergy with EOTS among Magicka builds and Bomblade builds using it are very popular right now.

Also, magblades have arguably the best class-based mobility and escape tools IN THE GAME - mDK is exactly the opposite with the worst mobility. That is the biggest factor that makes the magblade stronger in open world soloing than a mDK. Let's also consider that Magblades have some of the best stamina sustain you'll find among magicka classes because of Siphoning Strikes. The point stands that you don't have to stand and fight that mDK that you can't kill because they built tanky to counter you - you can walk away, just like you can walk away from 99% of fights that you desire to. Stamblades have no better chances in a 1v1 against a mDK unless they cleanly gank them from 100-0.

I really will never understand the campaigns for buffs that happen on this forum, enacted by rejecting reality and making up a bunch of crap. The worst of it is that the devs seem to cave to it.

Well mag dk stam sustain is just as good and they can get the same mobility by using mist form. Not every magblade wants to run away and we shouldn't have too. Most magblades aren't even using cloak anyway. Also people saying magblades are fine because of eots is just like people saying bomb blades were op because proxy det was good, and it was never the case. If your saying magblades are fine because we can be bombers and run away I have to disagree with you. Stamblades also have a better chance against a mag dk because at least they won't get everything reflected.
    Derra wrote: »
    Slickst3r wrote: »
    If summon shade could be cast without targeting a player I would be so happy. Seriously that would make playing nightblade so much easier and also make them more balanced. I play my mageblade with out cloak and summon shade is an awesome skill but most of the time it's hard to target and cast and almost 50 percent of the time I double cast it by accident. Good players that use the mageblade will have such a better time if they made that one change

Honestly if you could shade without target they can aswell reverse all streak nerfs.

Another possibility would be to no longer have a target requirement to cast but implement a line of sight check for the teleport.

Shade is probably the best NB spell right now. It doesn´t need buffs.

You must have some kind of problem to measure things correctly.
    Placing shades without target doesnt mean getting rid of the max distance you can teleport or number of times you can do it, it just means you dont need an enemy right in front of you to place it, like we dont need it to streak for example.

I just think you don´t even grasp the potential of the spell in terms of moving your character - through solid objects mind you.

Yea but it requires so much set up. first you have to place the shade down then you have to kite away from it all the while you are probably being tremor snared to death and can barely move. I don't think not have a target would make it too powerful if the range stays the same.
  • Kutsuu
    Kutsuu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mageblade for Pvp has probably the highest skill cap of any build. If you're able to outplay your opponent you can compete. The problems is, the skill floor is also extremely high, you have to pretty solid to get anything done at all.

Mageblade is just really unforgiving, people don't realize that because "lol, perma cloak" but good players will wreck you if you make mistakes against them as a mageblade

this is the problem. One has to work harder to achieve the same objective. What's the point of having a class if only 1% can use it effectively? Or 1% only play it because the skill cap is to high. That's why I asked mr. Lambert to release the numbers so that we can confirm your statement. I think mageblades are the ugly headed step child not Magedks.

Nah, solo open world Pvp mageblade > mDK. For dueling and group play ill take mDK tho, but it's always shined in those situations where it's limitations aren't so easily exploited.

Mageblade is FUN though, you just have to accept you're gonna die some, it's hard mode pvp

Huh? How can a SOLO Mageblade both be worse in duels but better in open world? Don't tell me it's because mageblades accel from ganking at stealth...because they don't. or because magicka NB are masters at LOS. If los is required there is a problem. Furthermore have you not stumbled against a mdk in open world? They talon, petrify, skoria, flame lash, and standard of might you to death. As a magicka NB you can't dodge roll and break free enough to get out and you can't cloak away do to all the dots and talons. Only way to counter that is run mist form but that forces you to be vamp, take major fire damage, and drains your magicka. + most mdk are tanky as hell.
    Aside from their very good peformance in duels (1v1) and as the best bomber in Cyrodiil right now, the only problem I see with magblade is the unreliability of cloak these days. Ironically enough it's all these braindead light attack bow spammers that mess me up the most because any projectile with a travel time is going to pull me right back out of cloak every time I hit it.

Wrobel has already promised on reddit that they're universally buffing magicka in U13. I have seen no dev comments about cloak, of course. There's also the fact that they will be gutting proc sets in some way or another which will make Magblades stronger by extension.

I love magblade as it is honestly. Give cloak some work and I will be very happy with mine overall. Just making it unbreakable by single target damage (not by AOE or magelight/expert hunter) would probably fix a lot of the issues with travel time abilities, including gap closers, breaking it constantly.

Bomber? No one plays a bomber anymore after they nerfed proxy det. Bombers can't blow up jack up anymore. Cloak has been malfunctioning since launch. To add insult to jury they keep putting in more counters without actually fixing anything.

Umm... Nightblades arguably have the best synergy with EOTS among Magicka builds and Bomblade builds using it are very popular right now.

Also, magblades have arguably the best class-based mobility and escape tools IN THE GAME - mDK is exactly the opposite with the worst mobility. That is the biggest factor that makes the magblade stronger in open world soloing than a mDK. Let's also consider that Magblades have some of the best stamina sustain you'll find among magicka classes because of Siphoning Strikes. The point stands that you don't have to stand and fight that mDK that you can't kill because they built tanky to counter you - you can walk away, just like you can walk away from 99% of fights that you desire to. Stamblades have no better chances in a 1v1 against a mDK unless they cleanly gank them from 100-0.

I really will never understand the campaigns for buffs that happen on this forum, enacted by rejecting reality and making up a bunch of crap. The worst of it is that the devs seem to cave to it.

Well mag dk stam sustain is just as good and they can get the same mobility by using mist form. Not every magblade wants to run away and we shouldn't have too. Most magblades aren't even using cloak anyway. Also people saying magblades are fine because of eots is just like people saying bomb blades were op because proxy det was good, and it was never the case. If your saying magblades are fine because we can be bombers and run away I have to disagree with you. Stamblades also have a better chance against a mag dk because at least they won't get everything reflected.
    If summon shade could be cast without targeting a player I would be so happy. Seriously that would make playing nightblade so much easier and also make them more balanced. I play my mageblade with out cloak and summon shade is an awesome skill but most of the time it's hard to target and cast and almost 50 percent of the time I double cast it by accident. Good players that use the mageblade will have such a better time if they made that one change

Honestly if you could shade without target they can aswell reverse all streak nerfs.

Another possibility would be to no longer have a target requirement to cast but implement a line of sight check for the teleport.

Placing shades without target doesnt mean getting rid of the max distance you can teleport or number of times you can do it, it just means you dont need an enemy right in front of you to place it, like we dont need it to streak for example.

I just think you don´t even grasp the potential of the spell in terms of moving your character - through solid objects mind you.

Yea but it requires so much set up. first you have to place the shade down then you have to kite away from it all the while you are probably being tremor snared to death and can barely move. I don't think not have a target would make it too powerful if the range stays the same.

Do you really think you should be able to kill every target easily, even if they build something that counters you at the expense of other aspects? Those heavy armor 1h/shield mDKs that are nearly unkillable by us vampire NBs are something that we should avoid. It's just a very strong counter to our builds. It's certainly possible to surprise and kill a glass cannon mDK, but I avoid those also b/c I don't like getting flame lashed for 9k.

That's BS on "most magblades don't use cloak" - what a joke. Even with all the bugs we deal with with cloak, it's amazing and should be on the escape bar for any competent solo mag/stamblade. I can't tell you how many jesus beams I've lived through solely because of cloak, and that's just one small example.

The strength of our mobility and escape ability is not so much JUST running away from builds we don't want to fight. It makes open world 1vX advantageous because we can kite people to LOS then divide and conquer, juke with shade, and get out of dodge if we're not happy with the outlook. That mDK who is so strong in a 1v1 encounter is just going to get swarmed down and die.

Lol @ saying elusive mist is just as good as the NB toolset for escaping. You realize that you can get immobilized and bashed (or crushing shock, etc) out of it?

Also just a tip, cloak is a much more reliable escape when you first LOS or teleport to your shade to prevent people seeing where you went in and trying to AOE or magelight. I also made the point much earlier in this thread that cloak really needs some work to fix issues with it.
    Edited by Kutsuu on November 27, 2016 3:59PM
    PC/NA

Envy Me - Sorc
    Kutsus - NB
    Kutsmuffin - Temp
    Kutsuu the Destroyer - NB
    Kutsuu - Temp
    Natsu Dragoneel - DK
    Kutsumo - NB
  • thankyourat
    thankyourat
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Do you really think you should be able to kill every target easily, even if they build something that counters you at the expense of other aspects? Those heavy armor 1h/shield mDKs that are nearly unkillable by us vampire NBs are something that we should avoid. It's just a very strong counter to our builds. It's certainly possible to surprise and kill a glass cannon mDK, but I avoid those also b/c I don't like getting flame lashed for 9k.

That's BS on "most magblades don't use cloak" - what a joke. Even with all the bugs we deal with with cloak, it's amazing and should be on the escape bar for any competent solo mag/stamblade. I can't tell you how many jesus beams I've lived through solely because of cloak, and that's just one small example.

The strength of our mobility and escape ability is not so much JUST running away from builds we don't want to fight. It makes open world 1vX advantageous because we can kite people to LOS then divide and conquer, juke with shade, and get out of dodge if we're not happy with the outlook. That mDK who is so strong in a 1v1 encounter is just going to get swarmed down and die.

Lol @ saying elusive mist is just as good as the NB toolset for escaping. You realize that you can get immobilized and bashed (or crushing shock, etc) out of it?

Also just a tip, cloak is a much more reliable escape when you first LOS or teleport to your shade to prevent people seeing where you went in and trying to AOE or magelight. I also made the point much earlier in this thread that cloak really needs some work to fix issues with it.

Literally the only nightblades I see use cloak are either stamblades or ganking/bomber magblades, I know some magblades who have replaced cloak for mist form to deal with all the snares going around. I don't even have enough bar slots to slot cloak. If magblades are using cloak I'm just not encountering them. Maybe for a melee build cloak is still viable because you can heavy attack to keep your stam up, but destro/resto it's simply impossible to get all the buffs on your bar in addition to cloak. I want to use cloak but dodge chance, siphoning attacks, and a damage shield is just far more viable for my flex spots. Most magblades I know stop running cloak when a damage shield became mandatory, Myself included. I didn't say elusive mist is good for escape I said it's better for mobility. it is because it removes snares and prevents CCs but it's still garbage because you will just be gap closered to death. I will say all the best magblades I've fought weren't using cloak.
  • bubbygink
    bubbygink
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Literally the only nightblades I see use cloak are either stamblades or ganking/bomber magblades, I know some magblades who have replaced cloak for mist form to deal with all the snares going around. I don't even have enough bar slots to slot cloak. If magblades are using cloak I'm just not encountering them. Maybe for a melee build cloak is still viable because you can heavy attack to keep your stam up, but destro/resto it's simply impossible to get all the buffs on your bar in addition to cloak. I want to use cloak but dodge chance, siphoning attacks, and a damage shield is just far more viable for my flex spots. Most magblades I know stop running cloak when a damage shield became mandatory, Myself included. I didn't say elusive mist is good for escape I said it's better for mobility. it is because it removes snares and prevents CCs but it's still garbage because you will just be gap closered to death. I will say all the best magblades I've fought weren't using cloak.

I swapped out cloak for elusive mist on my destro/resto magblade and have never looked back. To me, cloak is only valuable when opening up on an unsuspecting enemy. It is just too unreliable as a defense or escape tool. Elusive mist works without fail, removes snares, provides major expedition, and is great for taking a meteor or EotS in the face. It really is sad when a classes signature skill isn't even being slotted by most who play the class. Cloak needs a major rework in my opinion.

• LegacyDM
    LegacyDM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xsorus wrote: »

Alucardo wrote: »
    Magblades have a high learning curve and aren't easy to play, but they don't need a buff. I agree with the others talking about merciless recasting itself though. The biggest downside to magblade I found was the amount of management you have to do compared to other classes.

What's the point of playing a class with a high learning curve when you can play the stam version that puts out equal to or greater than the damage of magicka NB and is easier to play. If ZOS is goal is to provide a class that is High risk but high reward make it so! But don't allow other classes to be low risk with high reward! either other classes gets nerfed or magicka gets buffed. None of this, magicka NB is high risk high reward crap when other classss get shields, instant heals, higher dps, better escapes, more dodge rolls, block reductions, and less micromanagement.

This is not true; you can run a bomber on NB right now with Destro Ult...Its very very nasty.

Listen to what your both saying. A mageblade has to slot 1 OP ultimate skill to be competative (which most likely get nerfed) and be forced to run a stave. I have yet to meet a top player running a magicka duel wield based NB.

What about a melee mageblade that wants to duel wield using concealed weapon? Why would anyone run concealed weapon, soul harvest, lotus fan, shadow cloak combo when you can do the same with a stamina NB with better results?

And no bomb blades are not popular. Since the proxy Nerf I have not seen one bomblade and believe me I play TF NA a lot. Does sypherpk still play bomblade? No. He plays a ganking stamina NB. Does scribes, xinthesis, wizio, yiko-x, play a magicka NB anymore? No. Name me 5 top end players that currently play magcka NB. If they exist On TF NA ihave yet to meet them.

So your solution is to just walk away from classes that are to tough to kill. Guess what, that's 90% of the population. Tanky dks, tanky self healing Templars, tanky shield stacking sorcs. The other 10% are squishy NB. So really the best we can kill are other NB.

Don't give me that cloak utility crap. Everything in the game from stuck in combat to weapon poison, dots, to infernal guardian counters cloak. Just slot magelight, pop a detect invis pot, or use a spell/skill that dots. Problem solved. If not each class has a skill to counter. Sorcs have curse, dks have talons, NB have mark, and Templars have dark flare. If your stamina based just use stamina skills that counter, caltrops, hunter, poisons, or pots.
    Edited by LegacyDM on November 29, 2016 7:00AM
    Legacy of Kain
    Vicious Carnage
    ¥ampire Lord of the South
  • AzuraKin
    AzuraKin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    a nightblade with a destro staff isnt really a mageblade, they just a destro mage. mageblades kinda implies use of nb skills not destro skills. and yes mageblades are weak. they have no defenses against projectiles, have to be close to be effective but have to wear light armor thanks to the siphoning attack skill destruction more then a year ago.
    v160 spellsword (nightblade)
    v160 restoration archmage (Templar)
    v160 battlemage (sorcerer)
    v160 restoration archmage (Templar)
    v160 warrior (DragonKnight)
    v160 assassin (nightblade)
    v160 swordsman (sorcerer)
    v160 spellsword (nightblade)
  • Knootewoot
    Knootewoot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No, everything else just needs a nerf. But since that will not happen, yes magblade needs a buff. Concealed weapon with a tooltip of 10k damage hits like a sponge even with 5-6k spell penetration and 50-60% crit.
    ٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
    "I am a nightblade. Blending the disciplines of the stealthy agent and subtle wizard, I move unseen and undetected, foil locks and traps, and teleport to safety when threatened, or strike like a viper from ambush. The College of Illusion hides me and fuddles or pacifies my opponents. The College of Mysticism detects my object, reflects and dispels enemy spells, and makes good my escape. The key to a nightblade's success is avoidance, by spell or by stealth; with these skills, all things are possible."
  • Metemsycosis
    Metemsycosis
    ✭✭✭✭
    When I hear buff mage blade, I think two things.

1) when is the last time I successfully used impale in pvp?

2) I would like more damage from the path skills - both morphs, it would be nice if damage numbers were competitive with hurricane, for example. I don't find that idea contentious since hurricane is mobile whereas the path is stationary/requires reapplication.
    Terethea Magdalena, Breton Nightblade
    A Dark-Adapted Eye, Imperial Necromancer

sanguinare vampiris

https://m.twitch.tv/amcrenshaw/profile
  • zammo
    zammo
    ✭✭✭
    I just wanna be able to activate shadow image without a target, that'd make a massive difference to the way I play.
  • Knootewoot
    Knootewoot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    zammo wrote: »
    I just wanna be able to activate shadow image without a target, that'd make a massive difference to the way I play.

Indeed. It's a powerfull and fun toy to play with now. But I also wish it didn't require a target. I also wish some other skills didn't require a target or take you from stealth

Majpr Sorcery/Brutality
    - stamina in stealth casts 2-handed rally
    - Magicka has to actively for same buff attack a target with entropy (no, popping mage light is not the same buff)

Healing
    - Stamina, use rally or vigor in stealth
    - Magicka, actively engage target with either swallow soul, entropy or sap essence or cast healing ward/mutagen which take you out of stealth

٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
    "I am a nightblade. Blending the disciplines of the stealthy agent and subtle wizard, I move unseen and undetected, foil locks and traps, and teleport to safety when threatened, or strike like a viper from ambush. The College of Illusion hides me and fuddles or pacifies my opponents. The College of Mysticism detects my object, reflects and dispels enemy spells, and makes good my escape. The key to a nightblade's success is avoidance, by spell or by stealth; with these skills, all things are possible."
  • thankyourat
    thankyourat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm about to create a destro staff bomber because that seems to be how ZoS wants me too play. I'm tired of out playing people and still losing
  • hobicabobjob
    hobicabobjob
    ✭✭✭
    Knootewoot wrote: »
    Healing

Stam does not get vigor in stealth.
    Edited by hobicabobjob on December 1, 2016 3:18AM
  • Knootewoot
    Knootewoot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Knootewoot wrote: »
    Healing

Stam does not get vigor in stealth.

Ok, my mistake. But still, they don't need to wield a specific weapon to cast that very good heal. Magblades have to use a resto staff for a very unreliable heal. I wish Vigor had a magicka morph.
    ٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
  • kaithuzar
    kaithuzar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I only play magblade 5 heavy 2 light juli + worm cult, 1 kena, 1 chokethorn & everything gold
    Cloak is used with shade a lot, I don't use siphoning b/c I just reset fight by teleport + stealth; it isn't easy but you get better at it.
    I use incap instead of soul harvet b/c <3 knockdown
    Meteor, prolonged, assassins will is my combo
    Sap, lotus fan, impale, concealed, Mage light, incap is my main dps bar
    I swap between detect pots & tripots
    Atro mundus, all impen gear, resto bubble ( when it goes to you), tri-stat food
    24-25k health 40-39k mag, 15k stam (hakejo enchants)

Some days are good some days are bad

-Kai
    Member of:
    Fantasia - osh kosh b-josh
    Just Chill - Crown's house
    GoldCloaks - Durruthy test server penga
    Small Meme Guild - Mano's house

Former member of:
    Legend - Siffer fan boy club
    TKO (tamriel knight's order) - free bks
    Deviance - Leonard's senche tiger
    Purple - hamNchz is my hero
    Eight Divines - myrlifax stop playing final fantasy
    WKB (we kill bosses) - turd where you go?
    Arcance Council - Klytz Kommander
    World Boss - Mike & Chewy gone EP
    M12 (majestic twelve) - cult of the loli zerg
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That´s linking two entirelyunrelated things.

Because a) is op b) should be op aswell.

No. That is not how balancing works. That´s also not how arguing about an ability works.

"Tremorscale snare is brokenOP and should not exist in it´s current form. But because it exists we should get buffs to our strongest available skill."
    :tired_face:
    This does not make sense.

The fact that this would completely break this skill against people who do not permasnarerootspam you to death is conviniently ignored.
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

• Lava_Croft
    Lava_Croft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Magblades shortcomings get masked pretty well atm by the OPness of the destro ult and the amazing synergies it has with siphon and lotus fan.
    Much like Proximity Detonation and Vicious Death have done before.
  • thankyourat
    thankyourat
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That´s linking two entirelyunrelated things.

Because a) is op b) should be op aswell.

No. That is not how balancing works. That´s also not how arguing about an ability works.

"Tremorscale snare is brokenOP and should not exist in it´s current form. But because it exists we should get buffs to our strongest available skill."
    :tired_face:
    This does not make sense.

The fact that this would completely break this skill against people who do not permasnarerootspam you to death is conviniently ignored.

It wouldn't break it. Everyone in cyrodiil snares you to death. There is a built in snare in gap closers. Everything in the game has a snare. This had nothing to do with tremorscale being op that was just one example of the many roots and snares in this game. The point is still the same, Shadow image requires a ton of planning and set up to just reposition. The only time I find it really strong is in 1v1 against melee users without a gap closer and open world in areas with alot of cliffs and different elevations. Not needing a target to cast would not ignore the Max range so I don't see what the problem is
    Edited by thankyourat on December 1, 2016 8:44PM
  • Strider_Roshin
    Strider_Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Nightblades as a whole need a buff. Stamblades included.
  • Bazeric
    Bazeric
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm about to create a destro staff bomber because that seems to be how ZoS wants me too play. I'm tired of out playing people and still losing

Been doing that when I get pissed at mega zergs. Still not fun or as effective as everyone claims. My Lotus Fail rarely connects, and proxi will only hit 1-2 guys and then all the skills/fail or get so slow you are blown up before the full time... Maybe I need to go full stupid and drop restro and use my dual wield and mist form... But I'd rather now just be a one trick pony ever 10 minutes while I wait, build ult and then look for the perfect stack of enemies to "ultimately" waste my ult because I snare myself with lotus fail or a BS Templar duo happens to walk into the middle. I mean if rolled with 5 other guys doing the same thing we'd wreck stuff... but that's not what I want a magblade (especially melee) for.
    Lava_Croft wrote: »
    Magblades shortcomings get masked pretty well atm by the OPness of the destro ult and the amazing synergies it has with siphon and lotus fan.
    Much like Proximity Detonation and Vicious Death have done before.

If only my Lotus Fail would actually work half the time.....
    And now both Proxi and VD have been nerfed....

But it doesn't matter now as the game itself has decided I didn't want to play it by crashing and locking on a loadscreen, twice in 15 minutes after multiple hours of regularly poor Cyrodiil performance. But at least we have Crown Crates!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11!!!!1111!!!111!11!!1!1!1........___>>_>_>..-_>_>_>-.>>_.-
    Looking for broken things in hopes they may be fixed. I've given up, my game literally works differently from yours.
    64M+ AP across 9 toons... kinda makes me a GO
  • binho
    binho
    ✭✭✭
    no one plays magicka nightblade anymore and that's a shame.
    All you see in PVP is magicka templars that never die, and magicka dragonkights that not even 10 players can bring down.

Yes, magicka nightblades definitely need a buff. They simply do not provide enough damage to be competitive in PVP
  • Araxleon
    Araxleon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think Magicka NBA is fine, It's just certain proc builds can screw you over in 1VX more so than other classes since we lack the defense.
    All I have to say about cloak is I want a skill that works 100% of the time, idc if it costs me 7k Magicka. (Outside of the counters of course those make sense )