The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

More continents and realms

KimoBitz
KimoBitz
✭✭✭
So,I was reading some elder scrolls lore earlier and I saw the the geographical map of Nirn with the all its continents including tamirel,akavir,Pyandonea, Atmora,Yokuda and Aldmeris.

I had this idea strike my mind...will we ever have the chance to visit one of these lands,will we ever get to see their inhabitants like the snow demons or the monkey people.What about having the opportuinity to travel to other realms beyond mundus,oblivion perhaps.I know its too much but take a glimpse at WOW look at the size of the map.ITS HUGE,you got different dimensions and places to go and see and this is what adds immersion to an MMO
Edited by KimoBitz on November 30, 2016 7:40PM
  • Sigtric
    Sigtric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We get to visit parts of Oblivion already, and I expect we may see more of this in the future.

Other continents though? Possibly? But probably very far off in the future. There is much of Tamriel we still don't have access too.

Stormproof: Vibeke - 50 EP mDragonknight | Savi Dreloth - 50 EP Magsorc | Sadi Dreloth - 50 EP Magblade | Sigtric Stormaxe - 50 EP Stamsorc | Valora Dreloth - 50 EP Magplar | Sigtric the Unbearable 50 EP Stam Warden
    Scrub: Chews-on-Beavers - 50 EP DK Tank | Vera the Wild - 50 EP magicka Warden | Sigtric the Axe - 50 EP Dragonknight Crafter | Sigtric the Blade - 50 EP Lost Nightblade | Sigtric the Savage - 50 EP magicka Templar | Vibeka Shadowblade - 50 Ep Stealthy Ganky Nightblade |

Show Me Your Dunmer
    [/center]
  • KimoBitz
    KimoBitz
    ✭✭✭
    Sigtric wrote: »
    We get to visit parts of Oblivion already, and I expect we may see more of this in the future.

Other continents though? Possibly? But probably very far off in the future. There is much of Tamriel we still don't have access too.

Yeah I get you but maybe in like 5 years we may get a new continent? who knows ?
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zos will slowly add areas over time in DLC updates. Theoretically speaking the entire map will be opened up eventually though that will be years.
  • BlackSparrow
    BlackSparrow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The focus of TES games so far has been Tamriel... but I wouldn't be surprised if, once all the provinces are exhausted for the single player games, the devs start looking at Akavir or something. At the least, a future quest could transport you there in a dream sequence or something.

Though, lore-wise, a couple of these continents aren't really feasible. Yokuda sank into the sea, and there is debate on how much of what we know about Atmora and Old Aldmeris is fact and how much is myth.

As for the Oblivion realms... yeah, those already feature prominently. TES IV: Oblivion, in particular, had a plot that led you through the Deadlands of Mehrunes Dagon, as well as an expansion pack that took place entirely in Sheogorath's Shivering Isles (and is the origin of the much beloved/detested Scottish Sheogorath). And let's not forget, there's an MMO where you muck about Coldharbour. ;)

That said, I think the Oblivion realms are better left as "frequently visited, but not lived in." Their strangeness to our mortal perceptions is what makes them the Oblivion Realms. They're not supposed to feel like home.

With maybe the exception of the Shivering Isles. Because let's face it; Mania is beautiful.
    Living vicariously through my characters.

My Girls:
    "If you were trapped in your house for, say, a year, how would you pass the time?"

Nephikah the Houseless, dunmer assassin: "I suppose I could use the break. I have a lot of business holdings now that need management."
    Swum-Many-Waters, elderly argonian healer: "I think that I would enjoy writing a memoir."
    Silh'ki, khajiit warrior-chef: "Would this one be able to go outside, to the nearby river? It's hard to fish without water!"
    Peregrine Huntress, bosmer hunter: "Who is forcing me to stay inside, and where can I find them?"
    Lorenyawe, altmer mechanist: "And why would I want to go outside in the first place? Too much to be done in the workshop."
    Lorelai Magpie, breton master thief: "I'd go nuts. Lucky for me, I have a little experience sneaking out!"
    Rasheda the Burning Heart, redguard knight: "I would continue my training to keep my skills sharp."
    Hex-Eye Azabi, khajiit daedric priestess: "I suppose it would be lucky, then, that I built a shrine to Mephala in my backyard."
    Yngva Stormhammer, nord bandit (reformed...ish): "I hate being inside even when I'm not forced to be. GET. ME. OUT."
    Madam Argentia, vampire dunmer aristocrat: "I suppose it would be more of the same. I have a rather... contentious relationship with the sun."
    Mazie gra-Bolga, orc scout: "Uh... I'd have to house train my bear..."
    Felicia the Wanderer, imperial witch-for-hire: "What Lorelai said."
    Calico Jaka-dra, retired khajiit pirate: "This one would like a rest from her grand adventures. Her jewel shop runs out of stock!"
    Shimmerbeam, blind altmer psijic: "Provided that I am confined to Artaeum, I do not think I will want for things to occupy my time."
    Shauna Blackfire, redguard necromancer: "Sounds like paradise. I hate people."
    Kirniel the Undying, cursed bosmer warrior: "I would feel useless, not being able to fight."
    Echoes-from-Dragons, argonian who thinks she's a dragon: "All the better to count my hoard!"

(Signature idea shamelessly stolen from Abeille.)
  • xaraan
    xaraan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    KimoBitz wrote: »
    So,I was reading some elder scrolls lore earlier and I saw the the geographical map of Nirn with the all its continents including tamirel,akavir,Pyandonea, Atmora,Yokuda and Aldmeris.

I had this idea strike my mind...will we ever have the chance to visit one of these lands,will we ever get to see their inhabitants like the snow demons or the monkey people.What about having the opportuinity to travel to other realms beyond mundus,oblivion perhaps.I know its too much but take a glimpse at WOW look at the size of the map.ITS HUGE,you got different dimensions and places to go and see and this is what adds immersion to an MMO

Well, the previewed Orsinium and Black Marsh at the same time two years ago and we have yet to see Black Marsh, plus there are plenty of other zones left to go on the continent we are playing on. Don't see why we should expect any other continents and it seems to be ES tradition to leave them a mystery anyhow.
    -- @xaraan --
    nightblade: Xaraan templar: Xaraan-dar dragon-knight: Xaraanosaurus necromancer: Xaraan-qa warden: Xaraanodon sorcerer: Xaraan-ra
    AD • NA • PC
  • Rosveen
    Rosveen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Aldmeris never existed as a separate continent. Atmora is all frozen over. Most of Yokuda sank. Just so you know what's off the table. However, Tamriel is at the heart of this world and these game, so this is probably where we'll stay (with occasional excursions to Oblivion and the like).
  • Code2501
    Code2501
    ✭✭✭✭
    We don't need to go elsewhere to see Akiviri. In the time of eso there are Akiviri in tamriel.
    Tamriel of this age has just come out of an akiviri invasion and there are akiviri refugees documented to be occupying the kingdom of Rimmen in Elswyr. There is also due to be a second attempted akiviri invasion due to happen "some time before 2e 812" by the Kamal.
    Edited by Code2501 on December 1, 2016 2:16AM
  • runagate
    runagate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    We already have a snow demon: @Abeille

I agree. I've commented on how much I want this to happen every time someone posted about it.

Can't wait to have a Tang Mo and make him wear a pumpkin mask dyed aquamarine.
  • Sigma957
    Sigma957
    ✭✭✭✭✭

All will happen in the fullness of time,,, well hopefully anyway.
  • Darkonflare15
    Darkonflare15
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    xaraan wrote: »

Well, the previewed Orsinium and Black Marsh at the same time two years ago and we have yet to see Black Marsh, plus there are plenty of other zones left to go on the continent we are playing on. Don't see why we should expect any other continents and it seems to be ES tradition to leave them a mystery anyhow.

You mean Murkmire. Black Marsh is the name of the province which part of it is in the game already. The zone Shadowfen is a part of Black Marsh.
  • mb10
    mb10
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Lol lets complete Tamriel before thinking about another continent.

Havent seen Elsewyr, Summerset Isles and Black Marsh properly yet.
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think it's called "Tamriel Unlimited" for reason. That, contrary to the name, the game is in fact limited to Tamriel, (as well as a few places of Oblivion of course)

We can't even go to Yokuda, the whole continent is gone.

Let ZOS fill up the map of Tamriel first before we go anywhere overseas.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • Abeille
    Abeille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    runagate wrote: »

I agree. I've commented on how much I want this to happen every time someone posted about it.

My Cryomancer will remember that.

tumblr_inline_n0w4lxqvnl1rb4iog.gif

On topic, I would like to visit these places but I do not think ESO will be the TES game to take us there first. I think that, if we go to any of these places, it will first be on a game of the main series before it happens here.

Before that happens, we will be limited to the areas of Tamriel. And that's already a big thing, since almost all of Tamriel didn't show up in a TES game since Arena.

I think any big changes will be made first in the main series and then on ESO, if this game lasts long enough. For example, the introduction of playable races. I imagine that ESO won't introduce the Maormer as a playable race until it happens on the main series.

But of course, this is just speculation.
    Just so that everyone knows, my Altmer still can't have black hair. About a dozen of Altmer NPCs in the game have black hair. Just saying.

Meet my characters:
    Command: Do the thing.

Zadarri, Khajiit Fist of Thalmor: The thing was done, as commanded.
    Durza gra-Maghul, Orc blacksmith: The thing was done perfectly, in the most efficient way.
    Tegwen, Bosmer troublemaker: You can't prove I didn't do the thing.
    Sings-Many-Songs, Argonian fisher: Sure, I'll do the thing... Eventually. Maybe.
    Aerindel, Altmer stormcaller: After extensive research, I've come to the conclusion that doing the thing would be a waste of resources.
    Liliel, Dunmer pyromancer: Aerindel said I shouldn't do the thing. Something about "resources".
    Gyda Snowcaller, Nord cryomancer: I will find a way to do it that won't waste resources and make Aerindel proud of me.
    Beatrice Leoriane, Breton vampire: I persuaded someone else into doing the thing. You are welcome, dear.
    Sahima, Redguard performer: Doing the thing sounds awfully unpleasant and really not my problem.
    Ellaria Valerius, Imperial priestess: I'll pray to the Eight for the thing to be done, if it is Their will.
  • Tryxus
    Tryxus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If we get to travel to other planes of Oblivion besides Coldharbour and the Spiral Skein, I defo wanna see Moonshadow
    "The Oak's Promise: stand strong, stay true, and shelter all"
    Tryxus of the Undying Song - Warden - PC/EU/DC
  • Abeille
    Abeille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tryxus wrote: »
    If we get to travel to other planes of Oblivion besides Coldharbour and the Spiral Skein, I defo wanna see Moonshadow

We need to go wherever Darien is :(

He is going to be the prettiest princess we will rescue (Tharn can eat his heart out).
    Just so that everyone knows, my Altmer still can't have black hair. About a dozen of Altmer NPCs in the game have black hair. Just saying.

Meet my characters:

Durza gra-Maghul, Orc blacksmith: The thing was done perfectly, in the most efficient way.
    Sings-Many-Songs, Argonian fisher: Sure, I'll do the thing... Eventually. Maybe.
    Aerindel, Altmer stormcaller: After extensive research, I've come to the conclusion that doing the thing would be a waste of resources.
    Liliel, Dunmer pyromancer: Aerindel said I shouldn't do the thing. Something about "resources".
    Gyda Snowcaller, Nord cryomancer: I will find a way to do it that won't waste resources and make Aerindel proud of me.
    Beatrice Leoriane, Breton vampire: I persuaded someone else into doing the thing. You are welcome, dear.
    Sahima, Redguard performer: Doing the thing sounds awfully unpleasant and really not my problem.
    Ellaria Valerius, Imperial priestess: I'll pray to the Eight for the thing to be done, if it is Their will.
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Abeille wrote: »

He is going to be the prettiest princess we will rescue (Tharn can eat his heart out).

I think Darien's soul is either in Meridia's realm, or in Aetherius, cause, y'know, he died.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • JD2013
    JD2013
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vorcil wrote: »
    Let them finish off Tamriel first;

Skingrad next!

I would love to see Skingrad. Anvil and Kvatch were really well done.
    Sweetrolls for all!

Christophe Mottierre - Breton Templar with his own whole darn estate! Templar Houses are so 2015. EU DC

PC Beta Tester January 2014

Elder of The Black
    Order of Sithis
    The Runners

@TamrielTraverse - For Tamriel related Twitter shenanigans!
    https://tamrieltraveller.wordpress.com/

Crafting bag OP! ZOS nerf pls!
  • Abeille
    Abeille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ArchMikem wrote: »

I think Darien's soul is either in Meridia's realm, or in Aetherius, cause, y'know, he died.

He didn't die! I don't want to hear that, stop ç-ç

He is fine. He is okay, Meridia is just hiding him away, keeping him all for herself. I'm getting him out! Someone send a courier to Gabrielle and Skordo! Also to the Great Mage, if he isn't too busy. We are doing this.

Meet my characters:

• ArrerBoy
    ArrerBoy
    ✭✭✭
    tamirel,akavir,Pyandonea, Atmora,Yokuda and Aldmeris.

Pyandonea maybe. Atmora's a frozen hellscape, Yodukda got sunk, and Aldmeris isn't real.

Akavir? When pigs conquer Nirn.
  • Abeille
    Abeille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ArrerBoy wrote: »
    (...) and Aldmeris isn't real.

Debatable.

But I agree that we have little chance to go there or anywhere outside of Tamriel that isn't a plane of Oblivion.

Meet my characters:

• runagate
    runagate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    runagate wrote: »

My Cryomancer will remember that.

tumblr_inline_n0w4lxqvnl1rb4iog.gif

On topic, I would like to visit these places but I do not think ESO will be the TES game to take us there first. I think that, if we go to any of these places, it will first be on a game of the main series before it happens here.

Before that happens, we will be limited to the areas of Tamriel. And that's already a big thing, since almost all of Tamriel didn't show up in a TES game since Arena.

I think any big changes will be made first in the main series and then on ESO, if this game lasts long enough. For example, the introduction of playable races. I imagine that ESO won't introduce the Maormer as a playable race until it happens on the main series.

But of course, this is just speculation.

I'm not sure I've quite nailed down the perfect look for my particular Ice Princess:

Irredeemably_Bananners_ice_princess.png

But I'll follow your example.
    Edited by runagate on December 2, 2016 6:51AM
  • Publius_Scipio
    Publius_Scipio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Didn't Yokuda sink a long time before ESO? Maybe first era if not even earlier?

The Yokudans sailed over to Tamriel and in name they became the Redguard.
  • Enslaved
    Enslaved
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Maybe we can get con crates exclusives in here, too. Imagine, Murkmire in a crate, or 4000 con gems. Beautiful, my eyes are bleeding form joy.
  • Galwylin
    Galwylin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My eight ball says yes but probably not till the Tamriel map is filled in. I do wonder what sort of areas those will be since everyone will probably be well into their champion points by then. Will that affect their design in some way? But other continents... maybe a quest that takes you to a small area like that one where we visit a small section of Skyrim but just a small area so you can't reach the Rift from it as such.
  • Rosveen
    Rosveen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    ArrerBoy wrote: »
    (...) and Aldmeris isn't real.

Debatable.

But I agree that we have little chance to go there or anywhere outside of Tamriel that isn't a plane of Oblivion.
    It was real, it just wasn't what people think it was. Which means we still can't go there.
  • nordsavage
    nordsavage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any maps you saw are most likely fan based estimations or fiction. I really do hope the ESO is not the ES game to crack into another continent.
    I didn't choose tank life, tank life chose me.