Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Why do we get kicked out of IC when logging in at prime time?

Solariken
Solariken
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭
@ZOS_BrianWheeler this is really silly. If you log a character out while in Imperial City, you still get kicked out if you log back in during prime time when Cyrodiil (TF PC/NA) is at pop cap. This is pretty ridiculous considering there is rarely more than 20 people in all of IC.

Can we PLEASE just give IC a separate campaign/server?

Players who want to PvP in Cyrodiil get the shaft because people in IC contribute to their long queue time, and players who just want to go to IC get the shaft because they have to wait in the same long queue and then play horse simulator to get to IC.

Please? :(
  • Astanphaeus
    Astanphaeus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes please. No one wants these sewer rats taking up our population.
  • KingYogi415
    KingYogi415
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You seemed to awnser you own question in the title.

Cheers!
  • pattyLtd
    pattyLtd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wait, you can still actually logout in ic since patch ? ;)
    English is not my native language, no grammar police please, tyvm
  • Solariken
    Solariken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    You seemed to awnser you own question in the title.

Cheers!

Haha yes @KingYogi415. The actual question isn't really why DO I get booted, but why SHOULD I get booted. :P
  • bellanca6561n
    bellanca6561n
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You'd imagine that 1T might have been a move to reduce the number of servers needed to run the game.

If that were true they have a few "lying around."

Imperial City....heck....I hit /reloadui at prime time last night in Trueflame and the next thing I knew I was standing in the bank at Craglorn.

So....perhaps it's time to tell a few of those surplus servers that break time's over...time to get back to work ;)
  • Solariken
    Solariken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    You'd imagine that 1T might have been a move to reduce the number of servers needed to run the game.

If that were true they have a few "lying around."

Imperial City....heck....I hit /reloadui at prime time last night in Trueflame and the next thing I knew I was standing in the bank at Craglorn.

So....perhaps it's time to tell a few of those surplus servers that break time's over...time to get back to work ;)

Hahaha, you got hosed son! Yeah i feel ya though, whenever I lag out in Cyrodiil prime time I have to wait in the queue again.
  • AzuraKin
    AzuraKin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    because ic is part of cyrodil. its a PVP zone WITH PVE, not a PVE zone. you count as part of the pop cap of pvp campaign you are in. and secondly if you gonna be in ic, GET THE *** OUT OF TRUEFLAME.
    v160 spellsword (nightblade)
    v160 restoration archmage (Templar)
    v160 battlemage (sorcerer)
    v160 warrior (DragonKnight)
    v160 assassin (nightblade)
    v160 swordsman (sorcerer)
  • Solariken
    Solariken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    AzuraKin wrote: »
    because ic is part of cyrodil. its a PVP zone WITH PVE, not a PVE zone. you count as part of the pop cap of pvp campaign you are in. and secondly if you gonna be in ic, GET THE *** OUT OF TRUEFLAME.

WTF are you even on about @AzuraKin... Obviously it's a PvP zone - I go to IC specifically to PvP, and news flash, TF has a more healthy pop than Haderus. I don't want to swim in Cyrodiil lag and get DC'd every few minutes.

And yes, it's a shared pop cap which is exactly why I made this complaint. I would like to see them separated as they always should have been.
  • AzuraKin
    AzuraKin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    tf is the competitive overworld campaign. you being in tf only takes a spot away from people playing the real pvp game. you can just as easily go to azura's or haderus to farm for your telvar.
  • Ashamray
    Ashamray
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    People will abuse it to enter Cyrodiil without queue in prime-time. But if it is possible to kick these people not to Cyrodiil base but PvE zone, why not?
    Boadrig, EU PC

Very Balanced
    Battleground Beta Testers
    Cite's Legacy
    Colosseum

Imperial City frequenter
    Imperial City feedback and suggestions
  • Ashamray
    Ashamray
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    tf is the competitive overworld campaign. you being in tf only takes a spot away from people playing the real pvp game. you can just as easily go to azura's or haderus to farm for your telvar.

so arrogant :3
    Heart of Empire is on the Ruby Throne, but you peasants still vie in the fields. Go on, just do not say that your so-called real pvp with all these green numbers, horse simulator and lags is better than ours.
    Btw, IC is the only place of comfortable small scale or solo play
    Edited by Ashamray on December 2, 2016 2:31AM
    Boadrig, EU PC

Very Balanced
    Cite's Legacy
    Colosseum

Imperial City frequenter
  • Solariken
    Solariken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ashamray wrote: »

Heart of Empire is on the Ruby Throne, but you peasants still vie in the fields. Go on, just do not say that your so-called real pvp with all these green numbers, horse simulator and lags is better than ours.

I couldn't have said it better. Come to IC @AzuraKin to see how much fun and action-packed PvP can really be. IC is the bees freakin' knees.
    Edited by Solariken on December 2, 2016 3:12AM
  • Drummerx04
    Drummerx04
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Solariken wrote: »

I couldn't have said it better. Come to IC @AzuraKin to see how much fun and action-packed PvP can really be. IC is the bees freakin' knees.

I remember during a particularly awkward IC setup (3 second mob respawn + instant alliance respawn), where there was a 3 way battle in arboretum roughly 20v20v20 with mobs and mob corpses everywhere that lasted for at least 4 straight hours. There was essentially no lag, frames never dropped below 30, and much fun was had with some of the fastest and most enjoyable mindless pvp. No noteworthy proc sets (just skoria occasionally), no weapon ults, just you and skills and it was glorious.

Probably one of my favorite pvp encounters ever.
    PC/NA - Nightfighters, Raid Leader and Officer
    Lilith Arujo - DC sorc tank/dps/healer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer, Gryphon Heart, Grand Warlord
    Lilith Tortorici - DC templar trials healer

Notable Completions:
    vAS (72k), vMoL HM (160k), vAA HM (135k), vHRC HM, vSO HM (141k), vHoF HM (168k), vCR+3(129k), vDSA 45k, vMA 591k

Original Addons:
    Lilith's Group Manager
    Lilith's Lazy Hacks - Auto Recharge/Repair
    Bot Scanner 2000
    Lilith's Command History
    Maintained Addons:
    Kill Counter
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    /signed
  • Sugaroverdose
    Sugaroverdose
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_BrianWheeler this is really silly. If you log a character out while in Imperial City, you still get kicked out if you log back in during prime time when Cyrodiil (TF PC/NA) is at pop cap. This is pretty ridiculous considering there is rarely more than 20 people in all of IC.

Players who want to PvP in Cyrodiil get the shaft because people in IC contribute to their long queue time, and players who just want to go to IC get the shaft because they have to wait in the same long queue and then play horse simulator to get to IC.

1. Switch to dead campaign
    2. ?
    3. Profit
  • Ashamray
    Ashamray
    ✭✭✭✭✭

2. ?
    3. Profit

Won't work. Even TF City is sometimes empty. Sewers are empty all the time. ZOS really need to pay attention to this.
    Boadrig, EU PC

Very Balanced
    Cite's Legacy
    Colosseum

Imperial City frequenter
  • God_flakes
    God_flakes
    ✭✭✭✭✭

IC is ugly and boring and claustrophobic. Plus I don't really care for running in one huge circle all the time.
  • AzuraKin
    AzuraKin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Drummerx04 wrote: »

I remember during a particularly awkward IC setup (3 second mob respawn + instant alliance respawn), where there was a 3 way battle in arboretum roughly 20v20v20 with mobs and mob corpses everywhere that lasted for at least 4 straight hours. There was essentially no lag, frames never dropped below 30, and much fun was had with some of the fastest and most enjoyable mindless pvp. No noteworthy proc sets (just skoria occasionally), no weapon ults, just you and skills and it was glorious.

Probably one of my favorite pvp encounters ever.

ye i remember running ic first 3 months it came out, got me 3 toons i had at the time (have more now) all done with the pve quests plus farmed a decent stock of telvar. still have 99% of the telvar i farmed back then. and sure you had some decent fights, but no lag? rofl not true. most lag in pvp comes from the number of effects the server has to track, which is why things like meteor, heal springs ect are high sources of lag in pvp.
  • Sugaroverdose
    Sugaroverdose
    ✭✭✭✭✭

2. ?
    3. Profit

Won't work. Even TF City is sometimes empty. Sewers are empty all the time. ZOS really need to pay attention to this.
    If you want pvp - than wait as everyone other who also want it, if you want ic content - switch campaign.
    IC as PvP location is dead since release, only thing which forced people to sit there is gear which isn't top tier anymore.
  • Dreyloch
    Dreyloch
    ✭✭✭✭✭

People like you begged and [SNIP] pleaded for dueling. You have it now, go sit in stormhaven for your small scale garbage.
    Edited by ZOS_PeterT on December 2, 2016 8:20PM
    "The fear of Death, is often worse than death itself"
  • Ashamray
    Ashamray
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You guys just yelling at me because I play the content of teso? Huh, that's funny. Anyways, IC is far from being dead, misinformation or lie it is.
    Edited by Ashamray on December 2, 2016 6:03PM
    Boadrig, EU PC

Very Balanced
    Cite's Legacy
    Colosseum

Imperial City frequenter
  • Solariken
    Solariken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dreyloch wrote: »

People like you begged and[SNIP] pleaded for dueling. You have it now, go sit in stormhaven for your small scale garbage.

#SHOTSFIRED
    Edited by ZOS_PeterT on December 2, 2016 8:24PM