The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

PS4 Key binds to Switch Weapons

jorgeh401b14_ESO
jorgeh401b14_ESO
✭✭✭
Switch weapons with out removing your thumbs from the sticks

The PS4 has key-binds, to use them follow these 5 ez steps.

1- From the Home screen go to setting then Accessibility, then Button assignments and enable Custom button assignments.

2- Go to the left d-pad symbol (in game weapon swap) and replace it with R3 symbol (sneak mode).

3- Back out and uncheck Enable custom button assignments, as the PS4 key-binds are hard coded and will work for everything you do on the console.

4- Now check the Add to quick menu, for quick access to your key-binds.

5- To access your key-binds from the game just hold the playstation button, scroll down Enable Custom button assignments and check it when your playing ESO and repeat this step to uncheck when your done with ESO.

These steps are Ideal only for the default controller setting in game, as it leave a low foot print and keeps the game play feeling natural. makes you wonder why this wasn't the default configuration to begin with as removing my thumbs to weapon swap is the biggest issue with combat for me.

Edited by jorgeh401b14_ESO on August 7, 2015 8:56PM
"Once I'm done with the three questing zones I will travel to cyrodiil and make my claim to the throne."

Key Binds Guide For PS4 to Change the Weapon Swap Button
PS4 / NA server
  • jorgeh401b14_ESO
    jorgeh401b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    PS4 user do not over look this, this will make the combat so much better.
    "Once I'm done with the three questing zones I will travel to cyrodiil and make my claim to the throne."

PS4 / NA server
  • Gorilla
    Gorilla
    ✭✭✭
    I didn't know we could do this. Will try today. Tks. Now if i can just find one for my potions!
  • SugaComa
    SugaComa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can't do that, I'm thumb clicker, so I would be clicking them constantly, I'm actually glad pressing the thumb down does what it does at the minute for me, . jump and sprint, but I had this changed via the game settings,

I see where people would find this useful but the game doesn't require that quick of a reaction to change weapons to warrent me doing this
  • Molag_Crow
    Molag_Crow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Very nice, thanks... might give it a go later. What I usually do is just jump while switching weapons so by the time my character lands, I've changed ability bar. :dizzy:
    --ϟ-- Crows_Descend - Templar - Ebonheart Pact [PS4]&[PC] [EU] --ϟ--
    YoutTube ESO Playlist
    The greatest prison that people live in, is the fear of what other people think. - David Icke
    Be your true, authentic self.

• jorgeh401b14_ESO
    jorgeh401b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    SugaComa wrote: »
    I can't do that, I'm thumb clicker, so I would be clicking them constantly, I'm actually glad pressing the thumb down does what it does at the minute for me, . jump and sprint, but I had this changed via the game settings,

I see where people would find this useful but the game doesn't require that quick of a reaction to change weapons to warrent me doing this

For me a puppet master control scheme is the only way to go for combat and I don't need to sneak while I do combat I do switch weapon constantly not having to remove my thumbs to do so is a must. but if you don't need it 'm not sure why you needed to tell us you don't need it.

PS4 / NA server
  • Molag_Crow
    Molag_Crow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @jorgeh401b14_ESO I just followed your steps and I have to thank you man, it works so well. Greatly appreciated!
    --ϟ-- Crows_Descend - Templar - Ebonheart Pact [PS4]&[PC] [EU] --ϟ--
    YoutTube ESO Playlist
    The greatest prison that people live in, is the fear of what other people think. - David Icke
    Be your true, authentic self.

• jorgeh401b14_ESO
    jorgeh401b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    With new players coming back, This should help players on the PS4

PS4 / NA server
  • jorgeh401b14_ESO
    jorgeh401b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    /bump/

PS4 / NA server
  • Paneross
    Paneross
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Or play on Xbox and use an Elite controller that you can map out your buttons or add 4 additional ones.
  • Number_51
    Number_51
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice. Much cheaper then my solution, which was to buy a couple SCUF controllers.
  • jorgeh401b14_ESO
    jorgeh401b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    For all the new players coming to Morrowind, this little set up will help give you the edge in the new battlegrounds.

PS4 / NA server
  • Toomdad
    Toomdad
    ✭✭✭
    Seems a lot simpler than buying a scuf... oh well the scuf has been pretty awesome.