The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Make Rings of Mara overlap other rings in the same way as costumes overlap armor

Quantact
Quantact
✭✭✭
Hi there,

I play ESO with my girlfriend and we mostly play together. Our characters have Rings of Mara, and we've worn them even though we're past lvl 50 and well-advanced into the Champion Points. We love the Rings of Mara concept, but continuing to wear them is a huge sacrifice considering what rings do, particularly in the end-game. Considering what they are, they really should be wearable over other rings like Crown costumes are worn over armor. While my girlfriend and I love the Rings of Mara, and we always play together, in endgame stages, continuing to wear them hamstrings us greatly. The Rings of Mara are a wonderful concept, but I think most people will choose to wear other rings, especially after a while, so the point of the Rings of Mara will be lost. I think a lot of people would be very happy if this change was implemented.

Thank you for reading my suggestion.
  • Zyrathius
    Zyrathius
    Yeah my wife and I have both wanted something like this as well. Soon as we got to end game it's too much of a handicap to wear them anymore, so they sit in our bags. I wouldn't even care if it lost the xp boost. More symbolic than anything. The 10% xp pales in comparison to the value of a good set ring at end game. Even if it was another perk of ESO Plus, it would be nice.
  • Wing
    Wing
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    agreed so much.

ESO player since beta.
    full time subscriber.
    PC NA
    ( ^_^ )

You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods -Xenogears
    DK one trick
  • nexxus_ESO
    nexxus_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    100% agree. We have more than two fingers, no reason why a special item like Rings of Mara shouldn't be wearable in addition to the two set rings. It should be limited to one Ring of Mara in addition to the usual two rings of a set, but ZOS might convince more people to buy the darn things if it didn't interfere with item set bonuses.
  • AzuraKin
    AzuraKin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    hello lamebrains, if you cannot 2vx mobs with rings of mara replacing 1 or 2 set bonus', you got major problems. i mean seriously, run 5p tbs, or julianos or hundings training, 2p monster set training and s/b, dw amulet or 2nd/stave amulet of willpower or agility.
    v160 spellsword (nightblade)
    v160 restoration archmage (Templar)
    v160 battlemage (sorcerer)
    v160 restoration archmage (Templar)
    v160 warrior (DragonKnight)
    v160 assassin (nightblade)
    v160 swordsman (sorcerer)
    v160 spellsword (nightblade)
  • nexxus_ESO
    nexxus_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    AzuraKin wrote: »
    hello lamebrains, if you cannot 2vx mobs with rings of mara replacing 1 or 2 set bonus', you got major problems. i mean seriously, run 5p tbs, or julianos or hundings training, 2p monster set training and s/b, dw amulet or 2nd/stave amulet of willpower or agility.

What are you on about?

Who said anything about "2vx mobs" or even anything remotely close to the "OMG I'M DYIN' LEFT AND RIGHT!" like you're implying?

People who run trials use jewelry slots to double-five piece sets. Healers use jewelry to be able to run SPC 5pc & IA, Worm 5pc at the same time.

The suggestion is about couples not having to take off their Rings of Mara (wedding rings) just to gear as they normally would.

• ookami007
    ookami007
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think this would be nice as well. The biggest problem is remembering to put them on or take them off all the time when we don't play together.
  • Martan
    Martan
    ✭✭✭
    I would like to see it remade as a passive instead. When playing with your partner, get the buff. Simple as that.
  • heyjrey
    heyjrey
    ✭✭✭
    I'd even be okay with the ring of mara taking up the disguise spot (the little slot with the hanger)

Or if the ring of mara actually had some useful benefits to it, since it's only really good for leveling up a toon.
    EP Home Faction CP: 800+
    Vivec/Trueflame/Kaalgrontiid: Home Campaign
    Delia Moreau - Khajiit | Stamblade | PvE
    Sloppy Thirds* - Bosmer | Stamblade | PvP
    Tazia Mouse-Chaser - Khajiit | Stamblade | PvE
    Waterfalls - Altmer | Magsorc | PvP
    Datwun Puffs Tuff - Argonian | Magplar | PvP Healer
    Rotting Thot - Altmer | Magnecro | PvE Healer
    Count ßlockula - Argonian | StamDK | PvE Tank
    Jim Geezus Beam - Argonian | Magplar | PvE Healer

Red Nirn Reserve, Diswun's Wares, Welkynd, SOB (rip)