Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Why are all factions holding hands?

Rastoide
Rastoide
✭✭✭
Its something thats been buggin me for a while now. Since there's soposed to be an all in war between the 3 and what not.. Why are we all friends except in Cyrodill?

I would love some world pvp of some sort. Any really. Pvp dungeons? If its not gonna be open world pvp BECAUSE <insert 1m reasons here>, at least some other form of conflict around the PvE world. There would be nothing wrong with that. What i really cant understand is why are we all holding hands..?
  • Cencewolf
    Cencewolf
    ✭✭✭
    Because ppl are whiny little safe space loving nubs,. And dont call them that you might hurt feelings. 8(
  • Darethran
    Darethran
    ✭✭✭
    What I expected from the whole Alliance War thing, was that once you entered a campaign, you get taken to a shell of Tamriel; access to all the zones, but with the villages, outposts, towers and cities being set up as capturable locations. Exactly like Cyrodiil's alliance buildings, but on a grander scale.

But, no, we've just got the one zone to do open PvP in, and it's the same once since beta.
    In Scotland | @Darethran

[EU] Ervona Saranith (EP) - Lvl 50 CP >560 - Dunmer Healer
  • DragonBound
    DragonBound
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rastoide wrote: »
    Its something thats been buggin me for a while now. Since there's soposed to be an all in war between the 3 and what not.. Why are we all friends except in Cyrodill?

I would love some world pvp of some sort. Any really. Pvp dungeons? If its not gonna be open world pvp BECAUSE <insert 1m reasons here>, at least some other form of conflict around the PvE world. There would be nothing wrong with that. What i really cant understand is why are we all holding hands..?

Because this is a pve centered mmorpg with added pvp, there are other mmorpgs with a pvp focus and mobas you know, most people who come to eso are interested in pve, and why does it bother you so much? If that is how they want to play it is not your place to complain since they are the ones who spent money on their games.
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Because only a few people actually play "at war".

Even in real life people don't travel to other countries and haul off and attack everyone as they themselves aren't at odds. Heck ever since release many of us in real life have characters in different factions but all tend to have guilds with mixed faction members.

Let's not pretend the reality is that far more than most get along for PvE and PvP is a much smaller part of this game in terms of content and map
    In the same token according to the lore we are all at war with Molag B
    Even the Guilds helped the leaders forge alliances for the greater good.
    Edited by NewBlacksmurf on November 30, 2016 8:51PM
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • Mic1007
    Mic1007
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Because the grand majority of the playerbase is made up of PvE players rather than PvPers. Since they made Guilds and Friends Lists account-based rather than character-based, they did it so PvErs could play together on any toon.
    @Mic1007
    Champion Rank 900+
    DC/AD/EP
    PC NA

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
  • vamp_emily
    vamp_emily
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I think it would be really cool to reverse slice the person that jumps in front of me and steals my mat when I am farming. Or when the troll comes along and ruins the grinding spot.

If you want a friend, get a dog.
    AW Rank: Grand Warlord 1 ( level 49)

• jkolb2030
    jkolb2030
    ✭✭✭
    MajinCry wrote: »
    What I expected from the whole Alliance War thing, was that once you entered a campaign, you get taken to a shell of Tamriel; access to all the zones, but with the villages, outposts, towers and cities being set up as capturable locations. Exactly like Cyrodiil's alliance buildings, but on a grander scale.

But, no, we've just got the one zone to do open PvP in, and it's the same once since beta.

This reminds me of Perfect Wolrd International's PvP system...

Only difference is that PvP system was guild against guild instead of faction against faction...

Each guild would enter a "Bid" to control a Territory. Each Territory was a representation of certain PvE areas.

-The 2 guilds that posted the most gold for their "bid" would have a massive PvP battle with an objective. Once the objective was met and respawns depleted, the winner gained control of that territory.
    -Once you had control of that territory, other guilds could "bid" against one another to invade it and attempt to take it from you.

Rinse n Repeat system.

I'm not sure what holding a territory gave you as I never got real far into the end game, but I'm pretty sure it granted revenue and items directly into the guilds personal fund. There the gold could be used to continue bidding for territory controls and/or dispersed to members of the guild as in game coin.

.....completely different system really, but your post still reminded me of it.
  • Bouldercleave
    Bouldercleave
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Cencewolf wrote: »
    Because ppl are whiny little safe space loving nubs,. And dont call them that you might hurt feelings. 8(

Or perhaps that every open world PvP game is crap that dies a slow, painful death.
  • Integral1900
    Integral1900
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Never going to happen, two reasons... spoilers, you've been warned....

Story...
    From a lore point of view the war in cyrodill is the tragic bit, after all if your world is on the verge of anhilalation why in gods name would you be bickering in an unwinable three way meat grinder over a defunct throne. The worm cult needs the war to tie up forces to let the dark anchors do their work, at least until the vestige pulls the plug >:)

With one tamriel the simplest story explanation is that like medieval rulers the last thing the leaders of the factions want is a whole load of mercenaries kicking their heels at home and causing trouble, so much easier to send them on crusade as itwere. Welcome to politics.....

Game population...
    I know this is going to come as a bitter pill but pvp was, is and always will be the minority of the game. Quite a small minority according to ZOS at around 8 to 10 percent. Most players are single player pve types who came over from the Bethesda series, and in my case found it to our liking. At least now they've had a few years to work on it. Let's face it, it was a rough launch but show me an mmo that isn't. We will always be the focus because there is more of us. For players like me the factions were an inconvenient and deeply annoying road block to exploration and storytelling. With one tamriel I'm finally leveling new alts again and retelling the tales in an way more pleasing to me. As a long time skyrim addict for me this is the way the game should have been from the start.

In summary my loyal pvp cousins fear not, you will get new stuff, arenas are still in the works and they are not going to write you off, after all no company wants to loose 10 percent of its customer base. One tamriel is for the pve crowd... your day will come :)
    Edited by Integral1900 on November 30, 2016 9:18PM
  • disintegr8
    disintegr8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    In response to the 'holding hands' issue, the bottom line is that the alliances are at war, not the individuals. I really do not understand the need for the whole 'One Tamriel' thing but it really has no impact on me, so it is what it is.

I am someone who does not like change simply for the sake of change. I leveled my character to Vet 16 completing Cadwels Silver and Gold without using things like 'enlightenment', random dungeon bonuses, XP scrolls or XP food.

A clear separation between PVP and PVE is a good thing and while I agree that PVP is a very small world, bringing anything from PVP into PVE, just to keep PVP players happy, is something I am against.

I used to think of PVP as this vast scary place that went on forever and was full of people ready to kill you just because they could. I now see it as a small, sometimes tediously boring place, full of repetition, that I visit now and then just to level up my alliance skill lines or get treasure chests.

Maybe it is time for ESO to put some effort into updating and refreshing PVP for a change.
    Australian on PS4 NA server.
    Everyone's entitled to an opinion.
  • Rosveen
    Rosveen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Because the majority of Elder Scrolls fans wanted an Elder Scrolls game and felt uncomfortable in a world with borders. It also fits with the theme of alliance-agnostic NPC guilds. Moreover, it solves population issues.

Open world PvP is a separate issue. If you want to play war with people from other factions, you have dueling. If you want to gank peaceful civilians just for the heck of it, find another game.
  • AuldWolf
    AuldWolf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Or perhaps that every open world PvP game is crap that dies a slow, painful death.
    Isn't that the truth.

And the reason why? There just isn't a sustainably large enough demographic for it. Most PvP players would (understandably) prefer to play hero shooters, MOBAs, and the like. The amount of people who want to PvP in an MMO is infinitesimal compared to those who don't. This is why so many sandbox PvP MMOs have been spectacular failures.

It's not fun being in a small demographic, but part of that is that you have to accept that in a capitalist world, what you get is related to the particular size of your demographic. I mean, because I'm a transhumanist, I liked the ending of Mass Effect 3. What I don't expect though is for Mass Effect: Andromeda to kowtow to my desires simply because I have them. It's self-absorbed, almost solipsistic silliness. It goes beyond mere selfishness.

There are those that would want to see a game devour itself alive in a singularity, dragging it in a rapid downward spiral into the void, just so that they can have a month or two of something they like. As I keep harping on about -- and I am sorry for this, but it's a very pertinent point, and deserves to be belaboured -- this was the downfall of Champions Online. Their businesspeople (for whatever misguided reason) listened to a tiny minority. Now that game is on life-support, it's as good as dead.

The bad part is that some people involved in the creation of MMOs are equally outdated, out of touch, and unable to comprehend what the MMO-playing audience are looking for, today. And when these people listen to minorities, and then leverage their position to make the game more like a minority wants? It hurts the game.

So not only has every PvP MMO flopped, every MMO that's focused more on PvP and hardcore players has flopped. Look at Wildstar, it was at death's door for quite some time. I haven't kept up with it, but usually if an MMO isn't on life-support, I'll hear news about it somewhere (like I do with ESO). WIldstar, unfortunately, does seem to be on life-support right now. Why? They built an MMO targeted at the hardcore audience. And it flopped.

I know it's cool to go with the flow, toe the party line, and adopt the groupthink. Everyone loves that, it's an extremely extraverted world after all, et cetera, et cetera. I get that. The thing is? I'm a passionate, free-thinking, observant individual. And sometimes I like things. Often, I'll see them get dragged down by this sort of thing, which does leave me feeling bitter. Why wouldn't it? Every now and then, something I like has a sustainable demographic, which is wonderful and I want to do all I can to support it. However, all too often, I've found others descending upon it like parasites, looking to induce its death so that they can pick whatever bits of pleasure they derive clean from the carcass, only to leave that rotting mess for the rest of us.

It's disappointing. So I do tend to talk about this.

Open world PvP doesn't exist in this game because PvP players are too few to substantiate it. I'm sorry. It isn't sound, it would be bad business sense. They gave you duelling, isn't that enough? And even that served only to alienate and drive something of a wedge between ZOS and their primary demographics. You have to accept things that are relevant to the size of your demographic. Instead of being parasitic and feeding off of things that aren't, to the detriment of whatever it is you're feeding off of. There are hero shooters, MOBAs, and many other games suitable to your demographic size. Why are you trying to sabotage this game?

It isn't about 'nubs,' or 'safe spaces,' or 'carebears,' or whatever other derogatory titles this tiny minority has for everyone else. It's simply that PvP players are a tiny minority. I'm sorry. That's all there is.

If this matters so much to you, gather up all of the PvP players under a banner, find one game to support and give unto that game all of your money, time, and effort. Then you might have what you seek. Sabotaging a game like ESO though just so you can have what you want, and to the detriment of the game, no less?

That's not cool. Stop it.

Footnote: Not just that, but when most people want to PvP, they want it to be in a fun and casual setting. They'll prefer Overwatch or Mario Kart. This kind of hardcore thing (that infests PvE and PvP) is just... not something most people want. When the majority play a game, it isn't to get stressed out and have high blood pressure. It's to have fun. No amount of loudness from a minority of people who want to be stressed out, who want to troll, grief, and 'destroy their opponents' will actually change that.

You have Cyrodiil, and you have duelling. Stop being greedy. It's really unbecoming.
    Edited by AuldWolf on November 30, 2016 9:39PM
  • DHale
    DHale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Snowflakes are why... too many time outs and not enough spankings... errrrr now I am triggered and I am going to my safe space and pet my comfort animal.
    Sorcerna, proud beta sorc. RIP April 2014 to May 31 2016 DArk Brotherhood. Out of retirement for negates and encases. Sorcerna will be going back into retirement to be my main crafter Fall 2018. Because an 8 k shield is f ing useless. Died because of baddies on the forum. Too much qq too little pew pew. 16 AD 2 DC. 0 EP cause they bad, CP 2300 plus 18 level 50 toons. NA, PC, Grey Host#SORCLIVESMATTER actually they don’t or they wouldn’t keep getting nerfed constantly.
  • Rune_Relic
    Rune_Relic
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Just wear your gang faction colours and duel everyone.
    Anything that can be exploited will be exploited
  • Pallmor
    Pallmor
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Because it's fiction and the whole factions thing was just made up in the first place to justify having factional PvP in Cyrodil. It only matters if you're really into RP or PvP, which most players aren't. But if you're really into RP and need to cheer for whatever team you've chosen, you could always challenge members of other factions to duel.

Edited by Pallmor on November 30, 2016 9:57PM
  • THEDKEXPERIENCE
    THEDKEXPERIENCE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Pallmor wrote: »

Because it's fiction and the whole factions thing was just made up in the first place to justify having factional PvP in Cyrodil. It only matters if you're really into RP or PvP, which most players aren't. But if you're really into RP and need to cheer for whatever team you've chosen, you could always challenge members of other factions to duel.

I hate to break it to you but ... um ... the PVE content? That's fictional as well.

Santa though. Totally real.
  • Bouldercleave
    Bouldercleave
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    DHale wrote: »
    Snowflakes are why... too many time outs and not enough spankings... errrrr now I am triggered and I am going to my safe space and pet my comfort animal.

The problem with Snowflakes? If enough of them come together, your world shuts down.

• nexxus_ESO
    nexxus_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    If you want world-wide PVP, advocate for your own PVP server. Seriously. Thread after thread after thread after thread that basically boils down to PVP wanting to invade PVE. It's not going to happen. They gave PVP dueling and what happened? It's being abused by every inconsiderate a**hat out there cluttering up the banks, the wayshrines, the undaunted camps, the guild vendor areas, lagging us all to hell, congesting areas that were already crowded to begin with, and making it impossible to get anything done in a timely fashion. It's abused, so why would anyone in PVE trust letting PVP loose in the open world even further? If it can be abused, it'll be abused 100 times over.

In all these threads, a PVP world server isn't ever brought up. Why is that? It's a heck of alot easier for them to set aside an instance of something that already exists and make it a free-for-all PVP world, than it's going to be to deal with the lag, abuse, and loss of customers because PVP cannot behave themselves and just want to gank people who aren't equipped, skilled, prepared for, nor interested in PVP.

Ask for your own NA-PVP, EU-PVP servers already! I'm sure there are plenty of PVE people who would happily advocate for it on your behalf to help make it a reality.
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    nexxus_ESO wrote: »
    If you want world-wide PVP, advocate for your own PVP server. Seriously. Thread after thread after thread after thread that basically boils down to PVP wanting to invade PVE. It's not going to happen. They gave PVP dueling and what happened? It's being abused by every inconsiderate a**hat out there cluttering up the banks, the wayshrines, the undaunted camps, the guild vendor areas, lagging us all to hell, congesting areas that were already crowded to begin with, and making it impossible to get anything done in a timely fashion. It's abused, so why would anyone in PVE trust letting PVP loose in the open world even further? If it can be abused, it'll be abused 100 times over.

In all these threads, a PVP world server isn't ever brought up. Why is that? It's a heck of alot easier for them to set aside an instance of something that already exists and make it a free-for-all PVP world, than it's going to be to deal with the lag, abuse, and loss of customers because PVP cannot behave themselves and just want to gank people who aren't equipped, skilled, prepared for, nor interested in PVP.

Ask for your own NA-PVP, EU-PVP servers already! I'm sure there are plenty of PVE people who would happily advocate for it on your behalf to help make it a reality.

id vote super yes
    Edited by NewBlacksmurf on November 30, 2016 10:42PM
  • Bouldercleave
    Bouldercleave
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

id vote super yes

LOL, There would be like 8 people to a server - one of the achievements would be "You found another player!"

And those 8 players would STILL come here and *** about balance issues...
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This really hurts me in my sensitives .
  • JKorr
    JKorr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I love pvp about as much as root canal dental work without Novocaine. Or a nice little bout of ebola or anthrax.

I would cheerfully, enthusiastically support a pvp server.

I've pointed out more than once that having pve people going into Cyrodiil to do pve things doesn't contribute anything to the war, and is actually detrimental to the pvp players, because even though the pve'rs are in Cyrodiil not contributing to the war, they are contributing to the population cap. For every pve player in Cyrodiil that is there for shards, books and pve content is a body less for that faction to fight the war.
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

id vote super yes

LOL, There would be like 8 people to a server - one of the achievements would be "You found another player!"

And those 8 players would STILL come here and *** about balance issues...

I think you're wrong.

I actually believe if ppl could log on to NA and then choose NA PvE or NA PvP there would be thousands upon thousands because the NA server as a whole would save account progress.

Also there is a large group of players not here that would enjoy a full game of world PvP but the current mass of players was drawn in by the PvE game and the TES series which has no PvP.

ZOS shouldn't never tried to do PvP in Cyrodil

It should've always been an instance just like going into a activity.
    Queue and go play for a match 30 mins
    1 hour
    4 hours
    20 hours

• Rastoide
    Rastoide
    ✭✭✭
    Funny tho you have Dark Brotherhood and Thiefs guild and you cant rob or murder players.

I'm all in for the pve sake of things. I really am.

But i'm also looking forward for a more intense experience.

Even vamps and werewolfs are holding hands, people pay for bites, people charge for bites, people gives free bites. But you can play the game regardless, there's no vamp threat to me, nor werewolves threat, nor murders threat. Or anything like that.
    Its all about holding hands and playing together, and that is a huge lie. We are not all friends. There's a load of people that i'd forever ignore. Some might have even answered in this thread.
    And all this doesn't necesarily imply "JUST" "Open world PVP". There could be more to it. Nothing is simple. Plenty of options around.

To me the game still lacks a HUGE aspect and it is related to the interactions between players in the open world.
    Maybe they could just add a way of lvling up that revolves around pvp sort of things. A set of new maps "open-world-like" filled with PvE content but with the proper dangers of being in the wild.

Wild open world.. Many problems arise for the new, for the low, for the undergeared and abuse and domination from jerks its quite possible. But this things can also be avoided with a set of rules. Treating murderers like they should be treated. Sent to prison and vanished from holds, cities and settlements. Thiefs too and whatnot.
    And maybe DONT give them each a super friendly organization that gives them all the reasons to be murderers and such.
    Like the thiefs guilds things with their fencing and such. Such a joke!

If you make a game where everyone hold hands with everything there's no punishment for no one and everything is possible, then there's bound to be abuse!!

• Nyghthowler
    Nyghthowler
    ✭✭✭✭✭

If you're looking for open world PvP, you're playing the wrong game. Simple as that.
    Personally, I would LOVE it if ZoS would make an open world PVP server for y'all so I could lmao at all the "HardCore" PvP'ers who would never use it because they wouldn't have anyone to gank and feel good about themselves...
    I'm not prejudiced; I hate everyone equally !
  • Cencewolf
    Cencewolf
    ✭✭✭
    Personally, I would LOVE it if ZoS would make an open world PVP server for y'all so I could lmao at all the "HardCore" PvP'ers who would never use it because they wouldn't have anyone to gank and feel good about themselves...

I do not gank because i need to gank to feel good about myself. I gank, because it adds substance to my game both in an offensive, and a defensive way (where i too am forced to protect myself less i fall pray to others) you live in a sheltered world, like most "players" here, and cant be blamed for the narrow view. I forgive you for that. Since we both play in a world where you currently "have your way" cherish the luxury.

As Turok Redclaw would say ... MilkSop!
  • sneakymitchell
    sneakymitchell
    ✭✭✭✭
    PvE grouping and exploring be like. https://youtu.be/sTbc2NeErnU
    NA-Xbox one- Ebonheart Pact- Nord Tank DK
    PC-NA Ebonheart Pact Nord Stam Templar
  • Rockndude
    Rockndude
    The pvp areas are too large and spread out for the amount of people that fit into a campaign and people run in Zergs meaning most of the size of the map does not get used. If you are not in the area where there are zergs it is extremely hard to find a fight. I enjoy solo and smaller scale pvp in this game and there is no place for me in Cyrodiil. If they put small scale, balanced player number pvp in the game I believe you would find more people soending time in pvp.
  • Smitch_59
    Smitch_59
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ESO is stupid. Millions of "chosen one" vestiges running around doing the same quests. Alliances made up of races that hate each other.

ESO should die. Then maybe we'll get TES VI. Single player, the way TES games were meant to be.
    By Azura, by Azura, by Azura!
  • nexxus_ESO
    nexxus_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Funny tho you have Dark Brotherhood and Thiefs guild and you cant rob or murder players.

I'm all in for the pve sake of things. I really am.

But i'm also looking forward for a more intense experience.

Even vamps and werewolfs are holding hands, people pay for bites, people charge for bites, people gives free bites. But you can play the game regardless, there's no vamp threat to me, nor werewolves threat, nor murders threat. Or anything like that.
    Its all about holding hands and playing together, and that is a huge lie. We are not all friends. There's a load of people that i'd forever ignore. Some might have even answered in this thread.
    And all this doesn't necesarily imply "JUST" "Open world PVP". There could be more to it. Nothing is simple. Plenty of options around.

To me the game still lacks a HUGE aspect and it is related to the interactions between players in the open world.
    Maybe they could just add a way of lvling up that revolves around pvp sort of things. A set of new maps "open-world-like" filled with PvE content but with the proper dangers of being in the wild.

Wild open world.. Many problems arise for the new, for the low, for the undergeared and abuse and domination from jerks its quite possible. But this things can also be avoided with a set of rules. Treating murderers like they should be treated. Sent to prison and vanished from holds, cities and settlements. Thiefs too and whatnot.
    And maybe DONT give them each a super friendly organization that gives them all the reasons to be murderers and such.
    Like the thiefs guilds things with their fencing and such. Such a joke!

If you make a game where everyone hold hands with everything there's no punishment for no one and everything is possible, then there's bound to be abuse!!

The game you are asking for already exists. It's called Dark Souls. Nobody holds hands, it's dangerous, challenging, and there are consequences.

ESO, and Elder Scrolls games in general and at their core are not about any of what you're wanting. They're not meant to be hyper-challenging - they're casual RPG's focused on lore, storytelling, and exploration.