The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

How can I make my Eye of the storm/ice/fire deal damage?

deevoh1991
deevoh1991
✭✭✭
I'm a magic sorc and have nothing going on for me besides my ult. I'm just a CP250, and when I work for like 15 mins to get enough Ultimate points, I realise it does nothing to my enemies. They run around me like I didn't even use it.
How can I buff it up?sets? or do I need allocate more skill points to a particular skill tree?
PSN GT : Divzor
  • Sheey
    Sheey
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wait til you can morph
  • Glurin
    Glurin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe try using more than just your ult. :p
    "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster...when you gaze long into the abyss the abyss also gazes into you..."
  • FloppyTouch
    FloppyTouch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    CC them in it high max magic makes it hit harder also use ur skills while it's up u can't just rely on the ult it hits hard but a few attacks can help finish off ppl
  • Elara_Northwind
    Elara_Northwind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Perhaps you need to invest in some new armour to get your damage up a little bit? Then using your ult will just be a little bit extra, if your main attacks are doing decent damage too :smile: When I use eye of the storm it always does ridiculous damage, even before it was morphed... In a dungeon yesterday it got upto about 160k+ dps at one point, its kind of stupid and over the top really, so I cannot imagine it will be left that powerful for long... :lol:
    Sorcerer, Templar, Wolf Collector, Housing Addict!

GM of Salted Wings Tavern and Salted Wings Housing 🏠🌻

'A House is Built with Boards and Beams, a Home is Built with Love and Dreams'

Youtube - https://www.youtube.com/c/ElaraNorthwind
  • itsfatbass
    itsfatbass
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh it will be left alone. The ultimate is working exactly as they intended it and IMO it's PERFECT the way it is.
    ~PC/NA~ Magblade, Tankanist, Healplar, Stamcro, Oakensorc, Healden, Tanknight ~PLUR~
  • deevoh1991
    deevoh1991
    ✭✭✭
    Oh it will be left alone. The ultimate is working exactly as they intended it and IMO it's PERFECT the way it is.

I don't think you understood my question. I'm not asking for a nerf or a buff, I'm just asking when I use it, what set should I wear to make it work as optimally as possible, or what else can I do to make it hit harder
    PSN GT : Divzor
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SadieJoan wrote: »
    Perhaps you need to invest in some new armour to get your damage up a little bit? Then using your ult will just be a little bit extra, if your main attacks are doing decent damage too :smile: When I use eye of the storm it always does ridiculous damage, even before it was morphed... In a dungeon yesterday it got upto about 160k+ dps at one point, its kind of stupid and over the top really, so I cannot imagine it will be left that powerful for long... :lol:

Dps is divided by mob #

As is my AoEs in my PvE build does 125k dps against a mob of 5, no group buffs or ult...

The tooltip for my eye is like 8k per tick, the only time i kill with it is when in combination with my standard rotation, just popping it won't kill any prepared player
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • cpuScientist
    cpuScientist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SadieJoan wrote: »

It's on a per basis any ultimate does that lol. I mean I popped negate on my standard and got 220k dps. And negate is faaaar from op damage wise. I can drop a Nova with my Templar or a veil with my NB. That's just how AoE works
  • itsfatbass
    itsfatbass
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Deevo191 wrote: »

I don't think you understood my question. I'm not asking for a nerf or a buff, I'm just asking when I use it, what set should I wear to make it work as optimally as possible, or what else can I do to make it hit harder

I'm referring to the post from @SadieJoan
    ~PC/NA~ Magblade, Tankanist, Healplar, Stamcro, Oakensorc, Healden, Tanknight ~PLUR~
  • Elara_Northwind
    Elara_Northwind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I agree, I love it too, I think it is about time magicka got something to annoy all of those stamtards :lol: and I still prefer to slot overload on my sorcerer than this skill, and use it mainly on my templar, I was just saying that the damage on it can be a bit OTT, like many things tend to be right now... With 2 people using this ulti, you need not do anything else, and that is a bit of a problem with it imo, but then again, I am one of these people that do not and never will understand the fun people get from wearing stamina proc sets and letting their armour 2 shot people, so maybe its just the way I like to play :lol: Nova and negate DO NOT cause the same damage as eye of the storm, not even close, unless I have been missing something vital on my two mains for the past two years... :confused:

• Elara_Northwind
    Elara_Northwind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    And that 160k was that ulti alone, now add that to other dps skills, and even to proxy det if you have it slotted, which can get to 200k+ alone too, depending on the number of mobs ;) I am sorry but negate or nova alone do not do 200k dps. With other skills being used at the time and with buffs from the tank/healer then yes, sure, but an ulti should not be doing that much damage alone, and eye of the storm is the only one that does that.

I am happy that magicka got something, I just believe that eye of the storm may be a little overkill... I play only magicka, I have stam characters, but I rarely play them, so I am not being biased here, just realistic, eye of the storm does do a bit too much damage imho, but so do many stamina skills, and proc sets. The damage on many things needs to be toned down a little in my opinion, eye of the storm being one of those things :smile:
    Edited by Elara_Northwind on November 29, 2016 11:34PM

• SolarCat02
    SolarCat02
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Deevo191 wrote: »
    I'm a magic sorc and have nothing going on for me besides my ult. I'm just a CP250, and when I work for like 15 mins to get enough Ultimate points, I realise it does nothing to my enemies. They run around me like I didn't even use it.
    How can I buff it up?sets? or do I need allocate more skill points to a particular skill tree?

What are your armor sets right now? Jewelry also.
    If you are not wearing sets, then that's the problem.

Magicka Skills hit more when you increase:
    - Spell Power (this is the raw power of your character)
    - Maximum Magicka (a good rule of thumb is to add 10% of your maximum magicka to your spell power, although it's not so exact, and many sorcerer skills seem to be buffed differently by this)
    - Spell Crit Chance (The more often you crit, the more you get an extra boost to your damage, although don't neglect spell power for this... Think of it as a procced chance to buff to your spell power, rather than a separate stat).

Stamina skills are the same, just replace the words Magicka with Stamina and Spell with Weapon.
    Why be normal when you can be better?

Elissandra Ravenwing, Magicka Dragonknight Healer
    Lady Kalila, Stamina Templar DPS
    Stands-in-Danger, Nightblade Saptank
    Zalarah, Stamina Dragonknight DPS