The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

About Crafting Furniture for Housing..

TerraDewBerry
TerraDewBerry
✭✭✭✭✭
Now that we know for sure that we'll be able to craft furniture for upcoming housing, I was curious about what people would like to see as options. I would love to see:

1. Furniture crafting options that utilize current and lower level crafting mats so that all levels of mats are relevant and in demand on an ongoing basis.

2. I also really hope there is a way to somehow dye the furniture. I'm imagining a meshing of the enchanting deconstructing interface (where you see the glyph before you decon it), with the current dye system. We would have the furniture item in our inventory, go to the dye table, and select the tab for furniture. We'd see a 3D view of the item, and be able to dye it as we wished, or redye it as we needed/wanted to. This would also give people yet another reason to be ESO plus or buy the dye stamps in the crown store.

3. I want to be able to craft furniture pieces that are representative styles from all the different races of Tamriel. Like a Bosmer iron bookcase (because obviously, Bosmers don't make wooden bookcases... right?), or a Khajiit spidersilk rug that they like to stretch out on and "play with the yarn ball"...

So, how about you.. what are you dreaming of for furniture crafting options?
Edited by TerraDewBerry on November 26, 2016 4:04PM
  • pattyLtd
    pattyLtd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Personal i would've preferred they spend time implementimg other things.
    I admit eso is my first mmo so probably i do t get it but crafting furnitire just doesnt appeal to me at all.

Happy for those that do look forward to this though.
    English is not my native language, no grammar police please, tyvm
  • TerraDewBerry
    TerraDewBerry
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    pattyLtd wrote: »
    Personal i would've preferred they spend time implementimg other things.
    I admit eso is my first mmo so probably i do t get it but crafting furnitire just doesnt appeal to me at all.

Happy for those that do look forward to this though.

I understand your point, but as a crafter (this is what I consider myself in the game), I am desperate for something new and fun to do. I want to go chase furniture motifs all over the place (world bosses, off dead humanoid mobs etc.). People have been waiting for player housing for a very long time, and I think there are probably several people who will really want to decorate their house(s) "to the hilt."

I'm hoping there can be room to implement other things in game, as you mentioned and stimulate the in game economy with furniture motifs and crafted furniture.

As a crafter, I can't wait to get my grubby little hands on my first furniture motif..... <3
  • pattyLtd
    pattyLtd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fair enough, I hope it wïll be as amazing as you are hoping for and then some.
    English is not my native language, no grammar police please, tyvm
  • disintegr8
    disintegr8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yeah, different strokes for different folks. If I get a house I want it fully furnished - and not by me, I have too many other priorities in the game.
    Australian on PS4 NA server.
    Everyone's entitled to an opinion.
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i would love to be able to inlay Diamonds on some of the furniture parts. would make some beautiful engravings and artwork.
    in morrowind there were Diamond mines that we could gather real diamonds from.
    Edited by Gilvoth on November 29, 2016 5:05AM
  • Soella
    Soella
    ✭✭✭✭
    I really hope crafted furniture can fix long existing problem.

As of now crafting is pretty much separated from economy, I really doubt that there are crafters out there who has steady income as a crafter. Yes, I am aware about profitability of writs but cannot call it craft based income, my lvl 10 mule doing them brings same income as my master crafter. And no, gathering is not crafting.

I want to be able systematically craft something to sell to other people and use for that skills and motifs I worked for.

• cyberjanet
    cyberjanet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lower level crafting materials are a real headache. I need them all the time. In fact just this morning I wasted - I mean invested - skill points in non-crafting characters to try and get some options in gathering. I still think a place with a name like the Iron Mines of Moladune (Yes, I know that's Guild Wars, but it's a name that springs to mind) should actually have iron nodes in it that anyone can go gather.

I would like furniture crafting materials to use unlikely but plentiful supplies. Like Ta runestones. I've always said I'll tile my floor with those.
    Favourite NPC: Wine-For-All
    Mostly PC-EU , with a lonely little guy on NA.