Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

So if you do Solo- four man PVP in Cyrodiil, this is what to expect

• Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    tonemd wrote: »
    Looking at the behavior is just fascinating. The way the swarm targets and converges, even though you are already dead. It's like they have to hit your point and before they move away. It like your body is sucking the enemy to you like a black hole and spitting them out the other end.

Imagine if you had a group waiting to bomb on your dead body.

Last cycle, some AD killed me near nikel. I didn't rez, because I saw Saramis and his crew were in stealth. they were walking over to bomb the 5 or 6 AD dancing on my body.

Those AD scattered like this:
    B39RqOV.gif

I consider that a faction win.
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Leandor
    Leandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm fairly sure this kind of mess will stop happening if the "someone is fighting here" crossed swords would only pop up if 15 or more players altogether are involved in the respective skirmish.

On second thought, make that 20 or more.

All other "battles" remain under the radar, except if it happens near a resource, outpost or keep. Say within tick range.
    Edited by Leandor on November 30, 2016 8:06AM
  • Vitaely
    Vitaely
    ✭✭✭
    Really enjoyed seeing a vid that actually shows what pvp is 90% of the time these days.

If you were wondering, the other 10% is: Waiting in towns for other small men groups to show up, abusing low CP pugs, getting bored and trying to attack backlines of zergs and running.
    Edited by Vitaely on November 29, 2016 7:06PM
    Factotum | PC NA
    AD E'lurin sNB | Curufinwë Fëanor mDK | Anaïs Le Fey mSC | Fréyja mT | Nïenna mW
    EP E'lured sNB | Vanÿa sT | Caïssä mDK
    DC E'lwing mNB
    PVE Brýnhildur mDK | E'lectra sSC | Antígone sDK | Valkýrja mNB | Yølanda sW
  • Solariken
    Solariken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    That's about it - zergs of proctards heavily empowered by Wrobel's dumbed-down gameplay mechanics. I am so utterly disappointed in this game. It could SO easily have been the dominant MMO (especially PvP MMO) in the market and ZOS'/Bethesda could have enjoyed absolutely obscene amounts of revenue.

These devs just make me shake my head. The sad part is I likely feel more embarrassed about the state of the game than they do. PvP MMOs will always have balance concerns and bugs and such, but the gross neglect and apathy from ZOS is just so utterly ridiculous.

I unsubbed a few days ago and dont plan to log back in until next patch depending on what changes are coming. I was the last man standing of the dozen or so people I used to play with - they all gave up hope shortly after Dark Brotherhood. @ZOS_RichLambert and @ZOS_MattFiror I'm not going to invest any more time or money into a game that is clearly not being developed with PvP concerns even on ZOS' radar. All ZOS cares about is the Crown Store and exploitative RNG to try to keep players around.

• ssewallb14_ESO
    ssewallb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yea, fighting NA PC AD usually gets me zerg ganked or chased by an organized group that will dismount their entire raid and chase 1 guy in the opposite direction that they were originally going.

I just mess with DC or EP most of the time.
  • bubbygink
    bubbygink
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    tonemd wrote: »
    Looking at the behavior is just fascinating. The way the swarm targets and converges, even though you are already dead. It's like they have to hit your point and before they move away. It like your body is sucking the enemy to you like a black hole and spitting them out the other end.

Imagine if you had a group waiting to bomb on your dead body.

As a solo and small group player one thing that always fascinates me about the huge zergs that swarm me is how many ultimates get dropped on me. I'll often have a couple dawnbreakers and an EotS in my death recap when I was caught entirely solo and run over by 25 people. Talk about overkill. Did your full raid group really need to drop half a dozen ultimates on that single solo player? I guess they just smell blood and eagerly swarm, always makes me laugh.
    Edited by bubbygink on November 29, 2016 7:30PM
  • Lucky28
    Lucky28
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Manoekin wrote: »
    Please note: ALL factions do this, its not just limited to one. Also, this video is meant to be funny to display how silly things have become. This is meant to draw some attention to some of the problems in PVP but to do so in a light hearted way. In the end we all love this game, and im sure a little bit of play style diversity would be good for all of us. Good day!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=INyZ0ctIOVc

When you don't try to run away:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QpTY6zqnUc4

i've been CCed multiple times in a row before. but i've never been slapped back and forth like a ping pong ball like that, that was epic. :D
    Edited by Lucky28 on November 29, 2016 7:34PM
    Invictus
  • DovresMalven
    DovresMalven
    ✭✭✭
    Its just like an endless cycle of you dont want to die, so you bring friends, so they bring more friends and eventually it became AvA... wait its supposed to be AvA

EDIT: I do think we need a smaller scale PvP Battleground / Arena
    Edited by DovresMalven on November 29, 2016 7:36PM
    Dovres Malven
    - Aldmeri Dominion
  • Drummerx04
    Drummerx04
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anazasi wrote: »
    as a raid leader who runs most nights, I can tell you I spend more time saying stay on crown don't chase the 1vxers then I actually spend calling out for a real fight. Maybe if all the small groups (</> 2vX) would just get together like in a town or something like that and stop going after large groups your frustration would be less and you could have spent more time on your video.

I can say this though, you all keep chasing those tails you are making my job easier. There is nothing that motivates a slow player to move faster than getting ganked, and yes contrary to most beliefs players do not like it and do learn from the mistakes. We have no Gazelles in DK at least none that stays with us long.

Yeah, always amazed when your raid gets chased by that one or two guys halfway across Cyrodiil and then when you finally get tired of them attacking your tail and swing around and wipe them, they complain about xv1ing/zerging them. Well stop following a guild group if you can't stand getting killed by superior numbers.
    PC/NA - Nightfighters, Raid Leader and Officer
    Lilith Arujo - DC sorc tank/dps/healer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer, Gryphon Heart, Grand Warlord
    Lilith Tortorici - DC templar trials healer

Notable Completions:
    vAS (72k), vMoL HM (160k), vAA HM (135k), vHRC HM, vSO HM (141k), vHoF HM (168k), vCR+3(129k), vDSA 45k, vMA 591k

Original Addons:
    Lilith's Group Manager
    Lilith's Lazy Hacks - Auto Recharge/Repair
    Bot Scanner 2000
    Lilith's Command History
    Maintained Addons:
    Kill Counter
  • Vitaely
    Vitaely
    ✭✭✭
    Drummerx04 wrote: »
    as a raid leader who runs most nights, I can tell you I spend more time saying stay on crown don't chase the 1vxers then I actually spend calling out for a real fight. Maybe if all the small groups (</> 2vX) would just get together like in a town or something like that and stop going after large groups your frustration would be less and you could have spent more time on your video.

I can say this though, you all keep chasing those tails you are making my job easier. There is nothing that motivates a slow player to move faster than getting ganked, and yes contrary to most beliefs players do not like it and do learn from the mistakes. We have no Gazelles in DK at least none that stays with us long.

Yeah, always amazed when your raid gets chased by that one or two guys halfway across Cyrodiil and then when you finally get tired of them attacking your tail and swing around and wipe them, they complain about xv1ing/zerging them. Well stop following a guild group if you can't stand getting killed by superior numbers.

Only when you stop zerging small objectives with 20+ man. e.g. towns and resources.

Cyrodiil just needs more objectives to make all kinds of play possible.
    ZOSSS PLSSSS BAAAATLEGROOOUNDS
    Edited by Vitaely on November 29, 2016 8:14PM
    Factotum | PC NA
    AD E'lurin sNB | Curufinwë Fëanor mDK | Anaïs Le Fey mSC | Fréyja mT | Nïenna mW
    DC E'lwing mNB
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vitaely wrote: »

Only when you stop zerging small objectives with 20+ man. e.g. towns and resources.

I actually hope they remove PvP from Cyro entirely and shift it over to fixed battlegrounds with a pre-determined group limit.

As much as it is great to have a sandbox freedom, the standard battleground setup would provide a base-line to balance the game and give the development team the ability to control how much lag occurs.

Right now it's anarchy. Till they give cyro over to pve and give us a structural way to pvp with a viable series of leaderboards, we will never see proper game balance.
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • God_flakes
    God_flakes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Minno wrote: »

I actually hope they remove PvP from Cyro entirely and shift it over to fixed battlegrounds with a pre-determined group limit.

As much as it is great to have a sandbox freedom, the standard battleground setup would provide a base-line to balance the game and give the development team the ability to control how much lag occurs.

Right now it's anarchy. Till they give cyro over to pve and give us a structural way to pvp with a viable series of leaderboards, we will never see proper game balance.

Ummmmm NO. This is a terrible idea. You want battlegrounds? Fine. Have them in another server. But don't try to take the only part of this game some of us enjoy the most. I personally don't want battlegrounds. I love the chaos and anarchy of Cyrodiil.
  • Vitaely
    Vitaely
    ✭✭✭

I really don't think there's one right way to play this game. I believe there are people out there who really enjoy the camaraderie of playing in large groups and the chaos of zerg v zerg fights. However there should be an alternative that answers the cries of other players, since some of these groups don't care about fair play (I'm not pointing fingers here) and completely mow down everything on their way completely overseeing the fact that they're destroying someone else's good time.
    Edited by Vitaely on November 29, 2016 8:55PM
    Factotum | PC NA
    DC E'lwing mNB
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    God_flakes wrote: »

Ummmmm NO. This is a terrible idea. You want battlegrounds? Fine. Have them in another server. But don't try to take the only part of this game some of us enjoy the most. I personally don't want battlegrounds. I love the chaos and anarchy of Cyrodiil.

90% of cyro pvp is reduced to keep battlegrounds anyway.
    If you compare the real estate of where players go versus what's built, much of pvp ignores a majority of the landscape. So we are already limited to a battleground.

Additionally, you can have a 64x64x64 queable battleground that's structured with a loose team vs team play. That could be just as chaotic as current cyro but better structured with objectives that let's the dev team control the lag. It can also end and reset providing a fair beginning. It can also let different time zones compete as one removing "night caps" arguments.

We don't even know how many players constitutes "pop-lock". At least this idea can tell players what they are getting into, numbers wise.
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • God_flakes
    God_flakes
    ✭✭✭✭✭

If you compare the real estate of where players go versus what's built, much of pvp ignores a majority of the landscape. So we are already limited to a battleground.

Additionally, you can have a 64x64x64 queable battleground that's structured with a loose team vs team play. That could be just as chaotic as current cyro but better structured with objectives that let's the dev team control the lag. It can also end and reset providing a fair beginning. It can also let different time zones compete as one removing "night caps" arguments.

We don't even know how many players constitutes "pop-lock". At least this idea can tell players what they are getting into, numbers wise.

I already feel like I am fighting the same clowns night after night. How are you going to change that with limiting the number? Random? Guilds? Sorry, you're just wrong on this account. Make it optional and see how popular it is. This is too radical a change to foist on the entire community.
  • scorpiodog
    scorpiodog
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please note: ALL factions do this, its not just limited to one. Also, this video is meant to be funny to display how silly things have become. This is meant to draw some attention to some of the problems in PVP but to do so in a light hearted way. In the end we all love this game, and im sure a little bit of play style diversity would be good for all of us. Good day!

I always just wonder: How is this fun for the Zergs? I did it one time and was completely bored. A lot of riding around and by the time your group gets to that one enemy you find he's already dead 10 times over. If you are a strong player your AP is diluted by the herd and if you are the herd you don't actually kill anybody and just siphon AP off of those who do.

I just don't get it.
    Edited by scorpiodog on November 29, 2016 9:09PM
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I already feel like I am fighting the same clowns night after night. How are you going to change that with limiting the number? Random? Guilds? Sorry, you're just wrong on this account. Make it optional and see how popular it is. This is too radical a change to foist on the entire community.

Yea it would be too radical. Though here's why I think I'm right with full integration of battlegrounds:
    - how much of the current population actual loves the current pvp system? Many of us are asking for objectives and a fresh pvp update.
    - Is the current system inviting to new players? I'd say it isn't. And the ones that do enter, are looking for a fun experience. Being farmed by a giant zerg and then riding back because of an annoying system of keep bursts and horse rides is lack luster at best. You really have to be a masochist to truly love pvp in this game.
    - Can guild groups find competitive fights consistently? Most these days are still "tower farming" and fighting pugs. There isn't an incentive to form a pvp guild if you want to fight similar organized crews. It just isn't there.
    - if your group doesn't have a zerg, how do you find/fight other fair sizes? If your guild normally gets 15 players easy, but now you only have 5, how do you lead your men/women? Currently you ride them to places you feel might get them a good fight or zerg surf so you don't get steam rolled. Under battlegrounds, you can que up for a 4v4, 12v12, etc and actually fight the size you WANT.

And under battlegrounds you can pull data in each playstyle size and see how the skills are performing.Right now it's all based on 1v1 and skills get imbalanced because they aren't tested in a controlled environment where you can see the consistent battles against the same numbers with the results on a public leaderboard.
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • FloppyTouch
    FloppyTouch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Ur video is the story of my life in eso :(
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS reading Joy's comment
    We are stuck with the game mechanics, so that means ZoS has got to do something to make the map somewhere I'd actually want to go outside the Emp ring.

"Maybe we could add a fla..."
    And no ZoS, adding a flag somewhere just so I can spend 2,000,000 AP on a prosperous Maul of Cyrodiil's Light is not going to entice me .

"Nvm."
  • antihero727
    antihero727
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had 10-12 last night and we seen a 2v2 going on. We left them alone blocking to show we were not interested in them. As we were walking away the EP & DC combo stopped fighting each other and tried to bomb us at the same time. We zerged them down & moved on. This is why a group dismounts and kills smaller numbers. To get respect you must show respect.
    Veldrn-AD Magica Sorc
    Bizarro Veldrn-AD Stam Sorc
    Antiherro-AD Stam DK
    Antihero-AD Magplar
    Aww Crit-AD Magblade
    AD Since PC beta
    On A lag free vacation
    for the near and far future
  • LeifErickson
    LeifErickson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had 10-12 last night and we seen a 2v2 going on. We left them alone blocking to show we were not interested in them. As we were walking away the EP & DC combo stopped fighting each other and tried to bomb us at the same time. We zerged them down & moved on. This is why a group dismounts and kills smaller numbers. To get respect you must show respect.

And those players who got zerged down shouldn't have a problem with that. I purposely will try to fight odds that are almost impossible to win just because I think it's fun. If I die, it was my fault for trying to attack a zerg and if I was in that zerg, I would have xv1ed that guy too.
  • Solariken
    Solariken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Edited by Solariken on November 30, 2016 6:16PM
  • Skitttles
    Skitttles
    ✭✭✭✭
    It cracks me up when you see the zerg healers spamming BoL and healing springs in the background while they 24v2 you lol. Like gr8 job guyz we sure got him!
    Skittles | DC Stem Sok and sumtimes Nertbled
  • alephthiago
    alephthiago
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I found OP 2 times last night:
    1 - AD pushing ASH, many fights happening, some resource-back-and-forth and the blues finally make a push wiping AD, everyone res at Nikel and waits because we all know how this works....seconds later the DC zerg arrives and the AD zerg clashes with them, many "pocket fights" between the gate and Nikel as usual, the other ADs are getting lucky too and group after group of DCs are dying, one small group still remains and who is there getting zerged? Lol

2 - On the stairs to brindle while we were trying to take the keep again, this time it looked like you were trying to avoid AD but got caught by surprise while we were climbing the stairs (farm side) to the keep lol
    Walks-in-Shadowss AD Magblade
    *** kitty AD Stamblade
    Paarthurnax's Will AD Magicka DK
    agnar cracked skull EP Magicka DK (veteran dragonstar arena bot)
    Klogi Mugdul AD Stamina DK
    Savre Selranni AD Magicka Sorc (being polished)
    Avenar Lolhealing AD Magicka Templar (being polished)

• RinaldoGandolphi
    RinaldoGandolphi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I found OP 2 times last night:
    1 - AD pushing ASH, many fights happening, some resource-back-and-forth and the blues finally make a push wiping AD, everyone res at Nikel and waits because we all know how this works....seconds later the DC zerg arrives and the AD zerg clashes with them, many "pocket fights" between the gate and Nikel as usual, the other ADs are getting lucky too and group after group of DCs are dying, one small group still remains and who is there getting zerged? Lol

2 - On the stairs to brindle while we were trying to take the keep again, this time it looked like you were trying to avoid AD but got caught by surprise while we were climbing the stairs (farm side) to the keep lol

Yes lol you got me by surprise at the farm stairs lol funny stuff

Yes at Nikel myself and my two friends were in TS pondering why DC zergs the nikel porch. we were fighting off to the sides and back, we were eventually chased down in between the road and dolman a ways back. We had fun though had lots of good little pocket fights before that so that's all good.

I noticed AD didn't have the huge numbers last night as they had the previous night? Did something happen? Or am I just imagining things?
    Rinaldo Gandolphi-Breton Sorcerer Daggerfall Covenant
    Juste Gandolphi Dark Elf Templar Daggerfall Covenant
    Richter Gandolphi - Dark Elf Dragonknight Daggerfall Covenant
    Mathias Gandolphi - Breton Nightblade Daggerfall Covenant
    RinaldoGandolphi - High Elf Sorcerer Aldmeri Dominion
    Officer Fire and Ice
    Co-GM - MVP

Sorcerer's - The ONLY class in the game that is punished for using its class defining skill (Bolt Escape)

"Here in his shrine, that they have forgotten. Here do we toil, that we might remember. By night we reclaim, what by day was stolen. Far from ourselves, he grows ever near to us. Our eyes once were blinded, now through him do we see. Our hands once were idle, now through them does he speak. And when the world shall listen, and when the world shall see, and when the world remembers, that world will cease to be. - Miraak

• Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah I saw myself in someone's video. The OP and myself were smart enough not to stand on the Ales Farm flag and eat a Haxus bomb!

I hate to say this, but I think we are kind of screwed because in my estimation PvP has been like this in 1.6 once people realized with the CP system, dynamic ultimate removal, and constant nerf of counters, it was pretty much zerg or die. Or at least it was to the immobile templars and DKs. Now you sorcerers and NBs get to join the fun.

We are stuck with the game mechanics, so that means ZoS has got to do something to make the map somewhere I'd actually want to go outside the Emp ring. And no ZoS, adding a flag somewhere just so I can spend 2,000,000 AP on a prosperous Maul of Cyrodiil's Light is not going to entice me .

Some ZOS employee is probably thinking to himself... "So... how about a *training* Maul of Cyrodiil's Light?"

• zuto40
    zuto40
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This game was marketed on large scale pvp, I don't know if I came to game that was sold as large scale pvp and there was none I would be wtf, maybe sometime next year if they put the small scale in then those that seem to have a problem with large scale pvp in a game designed to have large scale pvp can find something they like, I have played enough small scale to last a life time and find it boring now.

Maybe dueling is what solo players should be doing more of, no worries about a zerg there. /shrug

game was marketed with what seemed to be hundreds of players flawlessly playing with no lag, when i see 40 people im lucky if i can grab 3 frames a second
    Stamblade- Legate
    Tank/Heals Templar- Sergeant
    Magic DK- Corporal
    Stam DK- Sergeant
    Stamplar- Corporal

YouTube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCy8uqORxhlrMh8oz2230s9g
  • Akinos
    Akinos
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Should change the title of the video and this thread to "If you play in Cyrodil at all, you should expect to get zerged".

Because solo and small group players aren't the only people getting zerged. It really doesn't matter how big or small your group is, you can still get zerged because of how the game is, unfortunately.

WTB structured PvP.
    Edited by Akinos on December 1, 2016 5:09AM
    PC NA | @AkinosPvP 1vX/Small Scaler, Raid Leader, Youtuber and Twitch.tv Streamer.MAGICKA MELEE IS LIFE!Magplar, MagDK, Magden, Magblade, Magsorc & Magcro PvP/Build videos & moretwitch.tv/akinospvp
  • themdogesbite
    themdogesbite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What smallascale used to be like. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pu1_bLDVyC0

Wai zos. Wai.
    :]