Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

So if you do Solo- four man PVP in Cyrodiil, this is what to expect

RinaldoGandolphi
RinaldoGandolphi
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭
Please note: ALL factions do this, its not just limited to one. Also, this video is meant to be funny to display how silly things have become. This is meant to draw some attention to some of the problems in PVP but to do so in a light hearted way. In the end we all love this game, and im sure a little bit of play style diversity would be good for all of us. Good day!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=INyZ0ctIOVc
Rinaldo Gandolphi-Breton Sorcerer Daggerfall Covenant
Juste Gandolphi Dark Elf Templar Daggerfall Covenant
Richter Gandolphi - Dark Elf Dragonknight Daggerfall Covenant
Mathias Gandolphi - Breton Nightblade Daggerfall Covenant
RinaldoGandolphi - High Elf Sorcerer Aldmeri Dominion
Officer Fire and Ice
Co-GM - MVP

Sorcerer's - The ONLY class in the game that is punished for using its class defining skill (Bolt Escape)

"Here in his shrine, that they have forgotten. Here do we toil, that we might remember. By night we reclaim, what by day was stolen. Far from ourselves, he grows ever near to us. Our eyes once were blinded, now through him do we see. Our hands once were idle, now through them does he speak. And when the world shall listen, and when the world shall see, and when the world remembers, that world will cease to be. - Miraak

• Armitas
    Armitas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's like a giant swarm of locusts devouring everything in sight.
    Retired.
    Nord mDK
  • Rune_Relic
    Rune_Relic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When faced with mutiple characters, try using Encase or Rune-Prison to even the odds.
    See....you're doing it wrong
    L2P nub
    :smiley:

hehe
    Edited by Rune_Relic on November 29, 2016 11:38AM
    Anything that can be exploited will be exploited
  • aidenmoore
    aidenmoore
    ✭✭✭✭
    Rune_Relic wrote: »
    When faced with mutiple characters, try using Encase or Rune-Prison to even the odds.
    See....you're doing it wrong
    L2P nub
    :smiley:

hehe

I know that reference by accident. Hah! Also can confirm, when fighting against that faction, that numbers is to be expected.

I'm kidding! or am I?
    Daggerfall Covenant
    Gorrag gro-Gar - Dragonknight ( Vehemence )
    YT : Gorrag gro-Gar
  • Iyas
    Iyas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you for the vid. We should have more vids of the real cyrodil :*
    Noricum/ Kitesquad/ PC/EU

Kitesquad Vol. 1

https://youtube.com/watch?v=6tGxK9KRrEI
  •  Jules
    Jules
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    yep.
    JULES | PC NA | ADAMANT

IGN- @Juies || Youtube || Twitch
    EP - Julianos . Jules . Family Jules . Jules of Misrule. Joy
    DC - Julsie . Jules . Jukes . Jojuji . Juliet . Jaded
    AD - Juice . Jubaited . Joules . Julmanji . Julogy . Jubroni . Ju Jitsu

Rest in Peace G & Yi
    Viva La Aristocracy
  • FireCowCommando
    FireCowCommando
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Your just doing it wrong, you should be going for smaller objectives with less players around.

JK, everyone runs in a large blob to one, maybe two different objectives.
  • Anazasi
    Anazasi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    as a raid leader who runs most nights, I can tell you I spend more time saying stay on crown don't chase the 1vxers then I actually spend calling out for a real fight. Maybe if all the small groups (</> 2vX) would just get together like in a town or something like that and stop going after large groups your frustration would be less and you could have spent more time on your video.

I can say this though, you all keep chasing those tails you are making my job easier. There is nothing that motivates a slow player to move faster than getting ganked, and yes contrary to most beliefs players do not like it and do learn from the mistakes. We have no Gazelles in DK at least none that stays with us long.

• kevlarto_ESO
    kevlarto_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This game was marketed on large scale pvp, I don't know if I came to game that was sold as large scale pvp and there was none I would be wtf, maybe sometime next year if they put the small scale in then those that seem to have a problem with large scale pvp in a game designed to have large scale pvp can find something they like, I have played enough small scale to last a life time and find it boring now.

Maybe dueling is what solo players should be doing more of, no worries about a zerg there. /shrug
  • God_flakes
    God_flakes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This game was marketed on large scale pvp, I don't know if I came to game that was sold as large scale pvp and there was none I would be wtf, maybe sometime next year if they put the small scale in then those that seem to have a problem with large scale pvp in a game designed to have large scale pvp can find something they like, I have played enough small scale to last a life time and find it boring now.

Maybe dueling is what solo players should be doing more of, no worries about a zerg there. /shrug

But I hate dueling. :disappointed: Being we all have different playstyles and diversity is the spice of life, I think all playstyles should be welcome in the big world of Cyro pvp. Right now I am not having too hard a time finding small scale...but of course if you and your buddies systematically take out 30 enemy in ones and twos, eventually they send a blob for you lol. It's just the nature of the game. And of course if zerfing is on the menu for the night because your regular buddies aren't on, then I find crossed swords and skirt the edges of the fight and help my comrades. But I rarely if ever do the stack crown and all drop ults thing unless I'm very tired or need the shelter of a large group for other *reasons*. But yeah, small scale is out there-you have to be creative make it for yourself.
  • visionality
    visionality
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lol ... maybe you shouldn't run into zergs? ;)
  • God_flakes
    God_flakes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rin, LOLOL@ the hit you took from a fire ballista when AD had 5,000,000 players in that keep. Hahahahahahsiiiiiiiiigh. Ad, when you have a sea of yellow you don't need to shoot ballista at sinfle players. Geeeeeeeeeez. You should have joined us on the chal side of the milegate last night, at least EP doesn't set siege on 3 people :lol:

P.s 3:14am? :flushed:
    Edited by God_flakes on November 29, 2016 1:10PM
  • caeliusstarbreaker
    caeliusstarbreaker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are 1vX and small scalers that understand the path they chose will be a hard and difficult one, and there are ones that view themselves as the messiah of gaming and everyone who zergs is a horrid creature they must purge from tamriel. ZoS's gameplay design that has catered to softening the distinguishing factors between hardcore and casual gamers aside, the frustration for the small scale side is that it is increasingly difficult and near impossible to not run into zergs, when zergs is the mainstay of kinetic activity in cyrodiil. The catch 22 of all this is 1vX and small scale look to fight out numbered, but don't want to get zerged down. Which although paradoxical, is mostly problematic because of the constraints that ZoS has placed on players that does not allow the small scalers to emerge victorious regardless of amount of tactics used, which in turn widely benefits the larger groups, which again breeds more animosity. Yes it is immensely frustrating, but such is the life we/you chose.

The other paradoxical sentiment in cyrodiil is people in large groups, view being referred to as zergs in a negative light, and try to validate their gameplay style usually through external measures, i.e. Marketing, design etc. The game allows for a ranging list of gameplay styles, and to confront someone's accusations of being "x" with "stop complaining about "x" maybe you should "x"" is like someone complaining to you about second hand smoke from your cigarette and you telling them, stop complaining about my smoke hitting you in the face, maybe you should just smoke so it won't bother you.

All that aside while I sit here bored on the bus, comical video... I know the feels.
    Rhage Lionpride DC Stamina Templar
    K-Hole
  • Manoekin
    Manoekin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Please note: ALL factions do this, its not just limited to one. Also, this video is meant to be funny to display how silly things have become. This is meant to draw some attention to some of the problems in PVP but to do so in a light hearted way. In the end we all love this game, and im sure a little bit of play style diversity would be good for all of us. Good day!

When you don't try to run away:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QpTY6zqnUc4
  • God_flakes
    God_flakes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Manoekin wrote: »

When you don't try to run away:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QpTY6zqnUc4

That music, though. Did you steal it from Siegfried and Roy?
  • LeifErickson
    LeifErickson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't think there is anything Zos could do to get rid of zergs. Some people just like playing that way. Some people also feel much safer with others around them. While I feel that there are a handful of things that make zerging the way to go right now, by playing solo and in a small group you should expect to get zerged from time to time. I'm not saying you do this but there is so many times when I see a group of 4 or so xv1ing players and then when the enemy outnumbers them 4 to 1 and kills them, they get all mad even though they just did it to others. I feel like there are other ways around getting zerged as well. If you try to stay off the main path and fight to the side, you usually won't get zerged down. Being a sorc helps as well considering streak. Also, I don't know what you expect in a keep fight. Why wouldn't players zerg you down in a keep?
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    "I am the Swarm. Armies will be shattered."
  • RinaldoGandolphi
    RinaldoGandolphi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    This was meant to be funny not serious.

I normally do fight off the side somewhere, but I thought a good laugh could be had from some of these. I know I laughed when they happened. I'm a very light hearted person I like to laugh

Take it solely for its comedic value. A good laugh is good for everyone. Helps the soul!
    Edited by RinaldoGandolphi on November 29, 2016 3:21PM
    Rinaldo Gandolphi-Breton Sorcerer Daggerfall Covenant
    Juste Gandolphi Dark Elf Templar Daggerfall Covenant
    Richter Gandolphi - Dark Elf Dragonknight Daggerfall Covenant
    Mathias Gandolphi - Breton Nightblade Daggerfall Covenant
    RinaldoGandolphi - High Elf Sorcerer Aldmeri Dominion
    Officer Fire and Ice
    Co-GM - MVP

Sorcerer's - The ONLY class in the game that is punished for using its class defining skill (Bolt Escape)

"Here in his shrine, that they have forgotten. Here do we toil, that we might remember. By night we reclaim, what by day was stolen. Far from ourselves, he grows ever near to us. Our eyes once were blinded, now through him do we see. Our hands once were idle, now through them does he speak. And when the world shall listen, and when the world shall see, and when the world remembers, that world will cease to be. - Miraak

• Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    1. Can agree about current absolutely *** PvP state.
    2. Partly can agree about your Templars claims.
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agreed.

PC EU
    PvP only
  • Gothren
    Gothren
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    to be fair you had many opportunities to escape in this video. after all you are a sorc and can easily get away.
  • Gothren
    Gothren
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't think there is anything Zos could do to get rid of zergs. Some people just like playing that way. Some people also feel much safer with others around them. While I feel that there are a handful of things that make zerging the way to go right now, by playing solo and in a small group you should expect to get zerged from time to time. I'm not saying you do this but there is so many times when I see a group of 4 or so xv1ing players and then when the enemy outnumbers them 4 to 1 and kills them, they get all mad even though they just did it to others. I feel like there are other ways around getting zerged as well. If you try to stay off the main path and fight to the side, you usually won't get zerged down. Being a sorc helps as well considering streak. Also, I don't know what you expect in a keep fight. Why wouldn't players zerg you down in a keep?

you absolutely get it. iv seen one of your videos of you using your nb effectively when outnumbered. very nice btw. In my opinion, sorcs and nb's should not complain about zergs since it is pretty easy to escape from them. As a sorc I use streak along with invisibility pots to help me escape from large groups that appear out of nowhere.
  • BRogueNZ
    BRogueNZ
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    20 is considered a small group now 'avn't you 'erd
  • Izaki
    Izaki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    YOU KNOW THAT TUNE! Nice.
    @ Izaki #PCEU
    #FrenchKiss #GoneFor2YearsAndMyGuildDoesn'tRaidAnymore
    #MoreDPSthanYou
    #Stamblade
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gothren wrote: »

you absolutely get it. iv seen one of your videos of you using your nb effectively when outnumbered. very nice btw. In my opinion, sorcs and nb's should not complain about zergs since it is pretty easy to escape from them. As a sorc I use streak along with invisibility pots to help me escape from large groups that appear out of nowhere.

Doesn't help us Templars/DKs that have to use mist form that doesn't work when the zergs just abuse the gap closer snare to keep you in place.
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Chrlynsch
    Chrlynsch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Zergs are a constant, but true zergs only can be one place at a time. It always amazes me how many keeps you can take when you split your 24 man group int 4 6man groups. Though this is a hard thought to grasp.
    Caius
    Pack Leader of Scourge Alliance- First Fang of Hircine, The Beast of Bruma
    PC NA
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah I saw myself in someone's video. The OP and myself were smart enough not to stand on the Ales Farm flag and eat a Haxus bomb!

I hate to say this, but I think we are kind of screwed because in my estimation PvP has been like this in 1.6 once people realized with the CP system, dynamic ultimate removal, and constant nerf of counters, it was pretty much zerg or die. Or at least it was to the immobile templars and DKs. Now you sorcerers and NBs get to join the fun.

We are stuck with the game mechanics, so that means ZoS has got to do something to make the map somewhere I'd actually want to go outside the Emp ring. And no ZoS, adding a flag somewhere just so I can spend 2,000,000 AP on a prosperous Maul of Cyrodiil's Light is not going to entice me .
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah I saw myself in someone's video. The OP and myself were smart enough not to stand on the Ales Farm flag and eat a Haxus bomb!

I hate to say this, but I think we are kind of screwed because in my estimation PvP has been like this in 1.6 once people realized with the CP system, dynamic ultimate removal, and constant nerf of counters, it was pretty much zerg or die. Or at least it was to the immobile templars and DKs. Now you sorcerers and NBs get to join the fun.

We are stuck with the game mechanics, so that means ZoS has got to do something to make the map somewhere I'd actually want to go outside the Emp ring. And no ZoS, adding a flag somewhere just so I can spend 2,000,000 AP on a prosperous Maul of Cyrodiil's Light is not going to entice me .

Well atleast in 1.6 every stam build with a bow could keep pace at reasonable costs. One of the real killers was the removal of stackable bow speed.
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

• Celas_Dranacea
    Celas_Dranacea
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I feel that 1) changing scoring so that resources / keeps etc are all one point on TF 2) making towns capturable and 3) changing the math so that solo and small groups get more AP have been steps in the right direction. I feel as though I continue to enjoy many interesting small scale fights in between large engagements .... It's true the times you don't get zerged down are more rare than otherwise. Perhaps they will continue to add incentives like these in Cyrodil. I feel like ZOS is doing good job of thinking about this overall.

I solo/duo a few times a week in Cyrodil and during those times I know I'm a small, solitary guppy in a large pond with schools of angry piranhas that I must avoid or die. Despite that these times are really fun and challenging.

But yeah I generally agree with the thought that Cyrodil can never be completely optimized for small scale nor should it be - I hope that they continue to optimize large scale pvp in Cyrodil and develop battlegrounds for those who want a controlled environment - that will be great.

But feel Cyrodil is best enjoyed in a groups of, say, 6-24. The team sport aspect of pvp is just so cool when the zergs are relatively balanced on each faction, when there are multiple groups pushing various objectives and coordinating with each other.

Understand your pain though!
    Edited by Celas_Dranacea on November 29, 2016 5:12PM
    A Bosmer Nightblade Werewolf
  • alephthiago
    alephthiago
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So many friends in your video....
    Guys i am so proud of you <3
    Walks-in-Shadowss AD Magblade
    *** kitty AD Stamblade
    Paarthurnax's Will AD Magicka DK
    agnar cracked skull EP Magicka DK (veteran dragonstar arena bot)
    Klogi Mugdul AD Stamina DK
    Savre Selranni AD Magicka Sorc (being polished)
    Avenar Lolhealing AD Magicka Templar (being polished)

• tonemd
    tonemd
    ✭✭✭✭
    Looking at the behavior is just fascinating. The way the swarm targets and converges, even though you are already dead. It's like they have to hit your point before they move away. Like your body is sucking the enemy to you like a black hole and spitting them out the other end.

Imagine if you had a group waiting to bomb on your dead body.
    Edited by tonemd on November 29, 2016 9:19PM