The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Not being able to log into cyro after crashing

• Hekaterin
    Hekaterin
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the extra info, everyone! Just want to let you know that we're continuing to investigate this issue.
    Thank you for the response, Gina! :) Really hope this one will be fixed in near future, it's a really annoying one especially to those who crash a lot :p
  • Curragraigue
    Curragraigue
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes same problem on PS4 NA.

I also had one disconnect where I tried to res after a death before I realised I was being disconnected. When I finally reloaded after a character swap reload I reloaded on my character that had died in Cyrodiil in Stormhaven dead. I tried to resurrect but the only map that came up was Cyrodiil and because I was not in Cyrodiil it would not let me res at all. Had to wait for someone to res me.
    PUG Life - the true test of your skill

18 characters, 17 max level, at least 1 Stam and 1 Mag of every class, 1 of every race and 1200+ CP

Tanked to Undaunted 9+ Mag and Stam of every class using Group Finder for 90+% of the Vet Dungeon runs
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    This is very annoying problem.
  • cdemers72
    cdemers72
    Soul Shriven
    BllyDnsr wrote: »
    When you say you're crashing in Cyrodiil, are you being disconnected to the login screen, or are you crashing all the way to your desktop/dashboard? Any error messages (for those of you on PC)?

@ZOS_GinaBruno XB1 crashes to dashboard, sometimes with the error message that we don't have an account. Then it takes about 30 minutes to get back into Cyrodiil with the original character.

I can attest to this one; same thing happening to me almost evey hour. Mainly occurs in PVP, however sometimes on PVE.
  • WeylandLabs
    WeylandLabs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Log into another toon.. then log out. Go on other character that was in cyrodiil log in should work.
  • ArgoCye
    ArgoCye
    ✭✭✭✭
    Still crashing, still can't log back in. Obviously still being worked on.

• Dasovaruilos
    Dasovaruilos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno I don't know if you guys already changed anything server side, but since a few days ago instead of being unable to log in after a crash, I can log in, but my character is dead in overland (outside of Cyrodiil) but when I click revive the map is from Cyrodiil but I can't click anywhere.

I basically am dead on the place I was before entering Cyrodiil without a way to revive.
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    We haven't made any public changes for this issue yet, no, but are continuing to work on fixing it.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • SolarCat02
    SolarCat02
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have been having this same issue with Cyrodiil, on Xbox One. Logging in on another character first will let me log into the one booted from Cyrodiil. Usually at this point I am dead with the Cyrodiil resurrection prompt, but not in Cyrodiil anymore.

Two reliable workarounds for reviving when you are stuck in non-PvP areas with the PvP revive prompt:
    - METHOD 1: Find someone else to resurrect you. (You can use "Get me Unstuck!" to move your corpse to the nearest Wayshrine if you are in the middle of nowhere.)
    - METHOD 2: Queue to re-enter Cyrodiil. When accepting the teleport to Cyrodiil you will find your character alive (with ridiculously low health) at one of your faction gates.
    Why be normal when you can be better?

Elissandra Ravenwing, Magicka Dragonknight Healer
    Lady Kalila, Stamina Templar DPS
    Stands-in-Danger, Nightblade Saptank
    Zalarah, Stamina Dragonknight DPS
  • Dasovaruilos
    Dasovaruilos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SolarCat02 wrote: »
    I have been having this same issue with Cyrodiil, on Xbox One. Logging in on another character first will let me log into the one booted from Cyrodiil. Usually at this point I am dead with the Cyrodiil resurrection prompt, but not in Cyrodiil anymore.

Two reliable workarounds for reviving when you are stuck in non-PvP areas with the PvP revive prompt:
    - METHOD 1: Find someone else to resurrect you. (You can use "Get me Unstuck!" to move your corpse to the nearest Wayshrine if you are in the middle of nowhere.)
    - METHOD 2: Queue to re-enter Cyrodiil. When accepting the teleport to Cyrodiil you will find your character alive (with ridiculously low health) at one of your faction gates.

Nice! Didn't know there was a way to speed that up. I tried a few things but didn't work. I just went to play another char for a while and came back later.
  • Dasovaruilos
    Dasovaruilos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

I don't know if its still relevant, but since it is the second most annoying problem for me right now in the game (after the Activity Finder timer), I'll report.

For the last few days, EVERYONE in our group is now getting the "dead in overland, can't revive" after a Cyrodiil crash.

Sometimes randoms can revive us, sometimes people are on the map, but you can't see them on the ground.

Yesterday it happened all the time, a lot of times, with almost everyone in our guild group in Haderus.
  • JmJ
    JmJ
    ✭✭
    Wasent reading all post, but there is work around for this. When this happens log on character that is not in cyrodil, then log off. After this you can log to that character witch is in cyrodil. At least for me this work's 100% of the time.
  • Hekaterin
    Hekaterin
    ✭✭✭
    JmJ wrote: »
    Wasent reading all post, but there is work around for this. When this happens log on character that is not in cyrodil, then log off. After this you can log to that character witch is in cyrodil. At least for me this work's 100% of the time.
    This does work indeed, but this shouldn't happen in my opinion. You shouldn't need to waste time logging and relogging to other characters when wanting to log back to the character you crashed with. Also usually, if you don't log to your character fast enough, you'll most likely end up in the pve area you were before pvp (if the campaign is full) or at your homebase, not the spot where you crashed at.
    Edited by Hekaterin on November 12, 2016 1:58PM
  • DreadKnight
    DreadKnight
    ✭✭✭
    Constant crashing to dashboard.
    Constant re-loading screens in Cyrodiil, have to re-log on another character and re-load Cyrodiil character to re-enter
    Does not re-enter most of the time, loads you into previous PVE location, so you need to re-log and wait in Cyrodiil que.
    lost AP and Siege due to the above
    Internal Error messages when trying to reload
    Already logged in error messages when trying to reload
    dropped form server for spam messages when trying to reload
    npc's taking a few seconds to load
    players are black silhouettes for seconds on entering a new area or reloading (again)
    Quest markers taking a number of seconds to update

xbox1 NA, but what difference does that make? all platforms are having the same problems, so guess what? ITS ALL SERVER SIDE you numpties!
  • JmJ
    JmJ
    ✭✭
    Hekaterin wrote: »
    This does work indeed, but this shouldn't happen in my opinion. You shouldn't need to waste time logging and relogging to other characters when wanting to log back to the character you crashed with. Also usually, if you don't log to your character fast enough, you'll most likely end up in the pve area you were before pvp (if the campaign is full) or at your homebase, not the spot where you crashed at.

Obliously it should not happen, and it is a bug. But this is still fastest way to get back in action in cyrodil, before fix. And at least i have never had to do queue again.
  • smee_z
    smee_z
    ✭✭✭
    If I dont exit Cyrodiil normally, I usually get the loading screen of death.

What I do is close the game, check Task Manager and kill ESO.

I rerun the game and logon to another toon. After the toon loads, I logout and load the toon that was in Cyrodiil.

Seems to work all the time.
    PC NA

Games are meant to be played.

Back in Auriel's Bow 1.0, I have thought that the best way to handicap a faction with the HUGE pop advantage is to temporarily disable their grouping functionality and their ability to fight in 3rd person point of view! Let's see if these do not even up the odds.
  • smee_z
    smee_z
    ✭✭✭
    When you say you're crashing in Cyrodiil, are you being disconnected to the login screen, or are you crashing all the way to your desktop/dashboard? Any error messages (for those of you on PC)?

I believe the condition for the loading screen of death to Cyrodiil is caused by not being able to exit normally perhaps due to:

1. crash
    2. network connection got disconnected
    3. everybody froze
    4. other unknown events that caused the game to become unstable

Fix for me has always been to close the game, kill the process ESO, restart ESO, logon to my other toon, logout, log back on to my toon in Cyrodiil.

PC NA

Games are meant to be played.

Back in Auriel's Bow 1.0, I have thought that the best way to handicap a faction with the HUGE pop advantage is to temporarily disable their grouping functionality and their ability to fight in 3rd person point of view! Let's see if these do not even up the odds.
  • Dasovaruilos
    Dasovaruilos
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The logging in another characters works for the loading screen of death, but not the "dead in overland, can't revive in Cyrodiil" bug.

I've been having those can't revive a lot more than the loading screens for the last days. I find it even more annoying since logging into another character does not work for that one. You have to wait for the queue or the automatically revive timer.
  • gp1680
    gp1680
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the extra info, everyone! Just want to let you know that we're continuing to investigate this issue.

Any word from ZoS on a fix for this? It's been months and Cyrodil is still a disconnect waiting to happen. Got dc'd three times last night in the middle of major battles for keeps. Usually several other players in my groups dc at the same time. This is a real downer for pvp, in my opinion.
  • heyjrey
    heyjrey
    ✭✭✭
    My guild mates and I have this problem too. Whenever we d/c to the log-in screen, in order to get back on our toons that are currently in cyrodiil, we need to log into another toon first, log back out of it, then log back into the toon that you d/c'd with in cyrodiil. It's sorta annoying..
    EP Home Faction CP: 800+
    Vivec/Trueflame/Kaalgrontiid: Home Campaign
    Delia Moreau - Khajiit | Stamblade | PvE
    Sloppy Thirds* - Bosmer | Stamblade | PvP
    Tazia Mouse-Chaser - Khajiit | Stamblade | PvE
    Waterfalls - Altmer | Magsorc | PvP
    Datwun Puffs Tuff - Argonian | Magplar | PvP Healer
    Rotting Thot - Altmer | Magnecro | PvE Healer
    Count ßlockula - Argonian | StamDK | PvE Tank
    Jim Geezus Beam - Argonian | Magplar | PvE Healer

Red Nirn Reserve, Diswun's Wares, Welkynd, SOB (rip)

• ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    gp1680 wrote: »

Any word from ZoS on a fix for this? It's been months and Cyrodil is still a disconnect waiting to happen. Got dc'd three times last night in the middle of major battles for keeps. Usually several other players in my groups dc at the same time. This is a real downer for pvp, in my opinion.

We're currently testing a fix for it. :)
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Valen_Byte
    Valen_Byte
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Its not just the high pop areas for me. I play bwb and never have any lag. Same problem though. I dc at least 3 times per night. Cant log that toon until I log into a different one first.
    ***Dixon Kay MagDK FORMER EMPEROR***Deca Dix MagDK FORMER EMPORER***Valonious MagPlar FORMER EMPEROR***
    GM of BYTE
    MAY YOUR DEATHS BE SWIFT, AND YOUR LOAD SCREENS LONG.
    And alien tears will fill for him, Pity’s long-broken urn, For his mourners will be outcast men, And outcasts always mourn
  • LMar
    LMar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can you also please take a look at Maelstrom Arena? Specifically the last round of the last Arena. For some reason it keeps crashing for me. But only on that part. I am fighting the Boss and his add and suddenly they stand still, my attacks don't activate, I can talk in guild chat for a few moment and then I get disconnected
    "If a stick of fish is a fish stick, it will stick like other fish sticks stick"
    "Taller races now sit in chairs correctly"
  • Galenus_of_Pergamon
    This has been happening to me quite often. I am on the PS4 NA Megaserver. I'm constantly crashing in PvE and PvP. Hitting the infinite load screen in PvP is the worst, but at least I know of a workaround now- albeit an inconvenient one.
    14 AD Characters all 730CP+ (more info coming soon)

Vivat Veritas
  • Koolio
    Koolio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Na ps4
    Crash on High Populated fights in Pvp. Can't log in. Have to change character.
    My friend also had this happen and was then able to walk through walls. He tried to relog 4-5 times and still could walk through walls. He was able to fight as well.
  • Durham
    Durham
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Happened to me also ... right now I can't get into the game
    PVP DEADWAIT
    PVP The Unguildables
  • gp1680
    gp1680
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Well this is encouraging. Thanks for the update!!
  • PawadoTheFearless
    I've been trying to log in on different characters/alts for 35 min now. Closed down and restarted everything. Guys this is very frustraiting. It needs to be addressed. I see GinaBruno last post concerning this thread is from Nov 7, it is Nov 24th. PS4, Please fix this.
    Edited by PawadoTheFearless on November 24, 2016 1:32PM
  • Dasovaruilos
    Dasovaruilos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've been trying to log in on different characters/alts for 35 min now. Closed down and restarted everything. Guys this is very frustraiting. It needs to be addressed. I see GinaBruno last post concerning this thread is from Nov 7, it is Nov 24th. PS4, Please fix this.

Yeah, I was glad to see her post, even started a PvP alt to go back to Cyrodiil after the fix, but now complete silence again.

I basically gave up on PvP. And I noticed my 200+ PvP guild is almost NEVER at Cyrodiil anymore.
  • gp1680
    gp1680
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Any updates on this GinaBruno?