The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

New Blood Spawn

Yo_Donno
Yo_Donno
✭✭✭
So when One Tamriel dropped all the boss healths in dungeons got changed, along with the dungeons being split to veteran and normal. This changed the Blood Spawn boss' health, so the dps test that people would use that boss for is a little thrown off.

I heard that people are using the crocodile miniboss in vet Wayrest I as the new DPS test, but I haven't found confirmation.

I would really appreciate it if an experienced person could lay out for me:
What the most common new dps test it (on veteran or normal)
And what is a good time for that test now (or on average, what do very experienced vet trial dds get for magic and stamina)

Thanks in advance!
  • Kessra
    Kessra
    ✭✭✭
    Either first boss in archive normal mode (have seen it done with 3 ppl) or vet banished cells 2 daedroth boss (if tank is capable of standing in fire) are currently used to test dps (at least we do).

One of my mates did 48k and 46k dps as stam-dk on the daedroth with 2 warhorns (~70% uptime) and minor alkosh suppport (not enough synergies to keep the buff up all the time), though he also plays in former beyond infinity's animals group (WF vMoL HM Rakkhat) and may therefore be considered as upper bound.
    Edited by Kessra on November 28, 2016 3:11AM
  • Shader_Shibes
    Shader_Shibes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Storm atro in normal AA. 2 healers and a tank. Tank just ransacks boss, healers use springs, shards and bubbles , depending on Stam or magicka dd.
  • Autolycus
    Autolycus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My guild still uses Blood Spawn. Resistances on Blood Spawn are still on-par with those of trials bosses; the only difference is that it now takes roughly twice as long to kill him. This is a good thing because you want to get an accurate measure of sustained dps, not burst. Prior to 1T, dps parses from the "top" end of the spectrum were so high that Blood Spawn was dying in 30-45s, making it less than ideal as a measure of sustained dps. The fact that it now takes 1:30-2:00 to finish him off means he is still a viable measure of dps. Well, that and the fact that his mechanics are no more than tickles, meaning this can easily be done by only 2 people (tank being one of them). We almost always take along a healer for our magicka dps parses to afford the luxury of increased sustain through Ele Drain, Worm, etc. (but never buff sets like SPC), but in the event you don't have one, it's quite easy for a tank to slot Ele Drain for this.
    Edited by Autolycus on November 28, 2016 7:53PM
  • DUTCH_REAPER
    DUTCH_REAPER
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    His spell resist is higher than his physical resist I thought? My Stam DK dps is around 30k on blood spawn test and my magic DK on same blood spawn guy is 20k for dps and the magic guy was previously at 32k prior to the update on that gargoyle.
  • Yo_Donno
    Yo_Donno
    ✭✭✭
    Autolycus wrote: »
    My guild still uses Blood Spawn. Resistances on Blood Spawn are still on-par with those of trials bosses; the only difference is that it now takes roughly twice as long to kill him. This is a good thing because you want to get an accurate measure of sustained dps, not burst. Prior to 1T, dps parses from the "top" end of the spectrum were so high that Blood Spawn was dying in 30-45s, making it less than ideal as a measure of sustained dps. The fact that it now takes 1:30-2:00 to finish him off means he is still a viable measure of dps. Well, that and the fact that his mechanics are no more than tickles, meaning this can easily be done by only 2 people (tank being one of them). We almost always take along a healer for our magicka dps parses to afford the luxury of increased sustain through Ele Drain, Worm, etc. (but never buff sets like SPC), but in the event you don't have one, it's quite easy for a tank to slot Ele Drain for this.

So to be clear, your guild uses the VETERAN blood spawn (I think has 3 mil health) and the time is about double. Is that correct? And also, buffs from the healer are ONLY sustain buffs, not damage buffs (warhorn, aether, spc, combat prayer, etc.)
  • Autolycus
    Autolycus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yo_Donno wrote: »
    Autolycus wrote: »

So to be clear, your guild uses the VETERAN blood spawn (I think has 3 mil health) and the time is about double. Is that correct? And also, buffs from the healer are ONLY sustain buffs, not damage buffs (warhorn, aether, spc, combat prayer, etc.)

Yes, that's right. I'm not sure why normal difficulty would be used for a dps parse, since the goal is to judge sustained dps over as long as possible to gain the most accurate measure. It varies from character to character, but pretty much every parse we've done in the last couple of weeks has been ~100s, whereas prior to scaling everything up it was a ~45s fight.

The only buff we allow that increases dps is Pierce Armor. No War Horns, combat prayer, spc, powerful assault.... nothing but Pierce Armor. Resource utility buffs, like Ele Drain (which does not increase dps since Major Breach is already allowed), Mystic Orb, Siphon Spirit, Worm Cult, etc. are okay. Those buffs are all active in a practical setting and do not increase dps, only sustain.

Someone asked in a post earlier about physical and spell resistances on Blood Spawn; they are equal (~18,200) since back in 1.6. It took us (the community) awhile to realize that this happened. I'm almost positive that @ZOS_Finn confirmed that this took place. I don't really have the time to go searching for Finn's confirmation but here is at least something to back this up.
  • Lukums1
    Lukums1
    ✭✭✭✭
    I still use Blood Spawn - now that's a real test.

3Mill HP before the walls close in nothing but puncture from the tank.

You can do it solo no tank/no heals I've managed to get it down to 350k before the walls close in. It's a hard ask.
    PS4 Yellow Scum Dominion
    1600+ vMA runs and counting
    Magicka Sorc - Flawless - 544k Score
    Stam Sorc - Flawless - 559k Score
    Stam DK - FLAWLESS 512k Score
    Stam NB - 492k Score - Work in progress
    Magicka Temp - 482k Score

The Ozmeric Dominion (Oceanic) Australian Based Guild

vMA "guru" - VHRC - vSO - vSOHM - vDSA - vAA - vMOL
    The Maelstrom BIBLE for beginners/Flawless Achieve Below
    https://www.twitch.tv/lukumms/v/111730700
    https://www.twitch.tv/videos/181142505

You have vMA questions? Want a guide? Helping hand? PM me!

Returns after 6 months back to back flawless
    https://go.twitch.tv/videos/180384648