Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "Black Fredas is Here!"

• Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alucardo wrote: »
    Clicked on Black Fredas link -> Website asked for my birthday the 50th time in a row -> Watched random videos on Youtube instead.

Do your website guys know what cookies are?

The age gate is annoying and pointless, but the web people at Bethesda/ZeniMax seem to enjoy them. I clear my cookies when my browser closes, so I see it constantly. I think they do use cookies, but each age gate probably uses a separate cookie.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Enodoc wrote: »
    Crown Consumables have to be used on the character that buys them, right? No trading within the account? Riding lessions, XP scrolls, food, potions, poisons. That stuff.
    Not unless something changed. All Crown Consumables should be bankable.
    Yeah, I jumped on PTS to check that out. Bankable. I thought I recalled a complaint that riding lessons could only be used by the character that buys them. If I am remember9ng correctly, then that has been fIxed. I never buy the consumables, so I never bothered to care.
    Yeah, that was a problem with last year's Black Fredas bundle. But it wasn't actually a problem at all; the rising lessons in the bundle come in a container, and you can't bank containers. Take the lesson books out of the container, and then they can be banked.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Dakhumn wrote: »
    When will it start? Still not seems in crown store. By the way, i like it, there is also discount for crowns. Fair enough...

The article says Wednesday. I would guess at 10 am EST.

Yep, you're correct. We'll begin adding this to the Crown Store across all platforms in about 10-15 minutes.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • LaucianNailor
    LaucianNailor
    ✭✭✭
    Been getting this on the game sites pages for a couple of days (so can't link through to the announcements etc).
    Any clues on why this is, what I can do to see the articles.
    DH9K0ds.png
    Mac/PC EU Server

Lots of alts....561+ CP
    Inside Trade Guild
  • MasterWarrior
    MasterWarrior
    ✭✭✭
    The crown lessons pack is not bankable. WTF!!! And it is not spilt up into Speed or Capacity. It is 1 book. Seriously. I was going to use the speed on my main and use the capacity on another character. But can't do that now. Very disappointed.

Edit: ignore this, I didn't know it was a container. Container not bankable but the riding lessions/capacity are.
    Edited by MasterWarrior on November 23, 2016 3:54PM
  • Dagoth_Rac
    Dagoth_Rac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Been getting this on the game sites pages for a couple of days (so can't link through to the announcements etc).
    DH9K0ds.png

"Lord Warden, aid me!" ;)
  • Amarynth
    Amarynth
    ✭✭✭
    The crown lessons pack is not bankable. WTF!!! And it is not spilt up into Speed or Capacity. It is 1 book. Seriously. I was going to use the speed on my main and use the capacity on another character. But can't do that now. Very disappointed.

It's a container. Open it, and you'll see the individual books, which you should be able to stick in the bank.
  • MasterWarrior
    MasterWarrior
    ✭✭✭
    Amarynth wrote: »

It's a container. Open it, and you'll see the individual books, which you should be able to stick in the bank.

Oh awesome. Thanks.
  • Recremen
    Recremen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Crown Consumables have to be used on the character that buys them, right? No trading within the account? Riding lessions, XP scrolls, food, potions, poisons. That stuff.
    Not unless something changed. All Crown Consumables should be bankable.

Recremen wrote: »
    Recremen wrote: »
    I already have the regular and Black camels, actually! :smiley: I don't remember if they sold this camel last year for Black Friday, but if so I had passed on it then due to the need to purchase consumables and the fact that I didn't have a shade of white that legitimately matched the fur color. Now I have Palatine White, though, and I'm thinking with some costumes that would be a great fit!! Not my armor, though, since my normal armor is leather and can't actually dye properly, and my soon-to-be armor is dropped heavy sets, which will all look hideous for my character and will need to be hidden under a costume.
    Recremen IIRC last year was a Guar.
    Yeah I think you're right. Golden Eye Guar, maybe?
    Green Narsis Guar :)

Thaaat was it, thank you! I should have known the UESP page would have all the juicy details, how silly of me. And hey look, it also perfectly illustrates what I mean regarding the muted colors! Poor guar, I love them but they just can't keep up with my wild fashion choices. :-(
    Men'Do PC NA AD Khajiit
    Grand High Illustrious Mid-Tier PvP/PvE Bussmunster
  • AzuraKin
    AzuraKin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    how about putting character slots up on sale? say 75% off?
    v160 spellsword (nightblade)
    v160 restoration archmage (Templar)
    v160 battlemage (sorcerer)
    v160 restoration archmage (Templar)
    v160 warrior (DragonKnight)
    v160 assassin (nightblade)
    v160 swordsman (sorcerer)
    v160 spellsword (nightblade)
  • Carl-lan
    Carl-lan
    ✭✭✭✭
    The website link doesn't work. Says this page cannot be found. In fact your entire website is down for me. Seems others can see it but? Any ideas?
  • Carl-lan
    Carl-lan
    ✭✭✭✭
    DH9K0ds.png

Ah, also getting this! Since yesterday.
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Carl-lan wrote: »
    The website link doesn't work. Says this page cannot be found. In fact your entire website is down for me. Seems others can see it but? Any ideas?

Can you and @LaucianNailor try now, and let us know if it works?
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Carl-lan
    Carl-lan
    ✭✭✭✭

Thanks! I cleared the browsing history and it's now working.

• Coolio_Wolfus
    Coolio_Wolfus
    ✭✭✭
    To use the speed on these properly:

10 Crown Speed Riding Lessons
    10 Crown Riding Capacity Riding Lessons

You need the Stamina Riding Lessons which as they are not listed, which would lead me to assume they are not included.

Can you clarify this please Gina.
    @Coolio_Wolfus There were no Stamina lessons in the bundle last year, so it's safe to assume this is correct and there are none this year either. I think Stamina is the least-used riding skill anyway, as it doesn't really do much aside from preventing you from being knocked off.

Yes, but your mount at higher speeds burns through it's stamina and drops to a crawl (even when not sprinting) unless you have the mount stamina to counteract the drain.

Why they just don't add 10 of them to the riding skills box is beyond me, it's not like it would break the bank or anything...

• LaucianNailor
    LaucianNailor
    ✭✭✭

Working for me as well now, thank you.
    Mac/PC EU Server

Lots of alts....561+ CP
    Inside Trade Guild
  • Banana
    Banana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pass. Not much imagination this month.
  • driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Honestly, I've been waiting for this camel since it was data mined. 1900 crowns after factoring in the current crown sale is not too bad a deal. The rest is just stuff I'll burn on an alt anyways.
    Main: Drio Azul ~ DC, Redguard, Healer/Magicka Templar ~ NA-PC
    ●The Psijic Order●The Sidekick Order●Great House Hlaalu●Bal-Busters●
  • Saoirse_Siobhan
    Saoirse_Siobhan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Has anyone bought this bundle yet? I'm curious what default name this camel has? Cause, no offence ZoS, but the last 2 default camel names were terrible :D
    PC/EU DC
  • driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Has anyone bought this bundle yet? I'm curious what default name this camel has? Cause, no offence ZoS, but the last 2 default camel names were terrible :D

@TheWhiteDarkness , It's Mirage. Not a bad name. Of course you can always change it.

What were the other two?
    Edited by driosketch on November 24, 2016 4:08PM
    Main: Drio Azul ~ DC, Redguard, Healer/Magicka Templar ~ NA-PC
    ●The Psijic Order●The Sidekick Order●Great House Hlaalu●Bal-Busters●
  • Saoirse_Siobhan
    Saoirse_Siobhan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    driosketch wrote: »

@TheWhiteDarkness , It's Mirage. Not a bad name. Of course you can always change it.

What were the other two?

@driosketch Cool, that's not so bad. The others are "Bumbiter" and "Unlucky".
    PC/EU DC
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well I never bought the riding lessons before because I feel they are much too expensive for what they are. However, I was a little excited to see them included in the Black Fredas Special. It did not occur to me that they would be CHARACTER BOUND rather than account bound and I figured I'd plop them in my bank for one of my lowbie characters to pick up a bit later. Alas, I was on my main with her maxxed out riding in all 3 categories when I purchased and now I've been burned because the riding lessons are bound to her and she can't use them! This has happened to a few other people in my guild as well.

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom is there ANY way to get this issue resolved? I'm still trying to figure out why these would be character bound in the first place!
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

• Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @MornaBaine it's a container. Open the container and you can bank each of the lessons separately :)
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @MornaBaine it's a container. Open the container and you can bank each of the lessons separately :)

Really? Oh thank goodness! I'll let my guildies know!
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!