The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Official Discussion Thread for "Black Fredas is Here!"

ZOS_GinaBruno
ZOS_GinaBruno
Community Manager
34bf59ab2c061cb57926bf00804541e8.jpg

This is the official discussion thread for the blog article Black Fredas is Here! This year, we're offering some exciting items for you to grab in celebration of Black Fredas. In addition, we also have discounts on ESO Crown Packs and the game itself as part of our recent Free Play Weekend that everyone can take advantage of.
Gina Bruno
Senior Community Manager
Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
Staff Post
  • Coolio_Wolfus
    Coolio_Wolfus
    ✭✭✭
    To use the speed on these properly:

10 Crown Speed Riding Lessons
    10 Crown Riding Capacity Riding Lessons

You need the Stamina Riding Lessons which as they are not listed, which would lead me to assume they are not included.

Can you clarify this please Gina.
    Edited by Coolio_Wolfus on November 22, 2016 10:11PM
  • Moonscythe
    Moonscythe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I looked at the crown store and saw crown packs on sale but the link takes me to the UK Microsoft where crowns are on sale but in British pounds. I checked the NA Microsoft and Crowns don't appear to be on sale there. If they are, how can I find them?
    Scura di Notte - Altmer Nightblade (gear)
    Lalin del Sombra - Bosmer Sorcerer (alchemy/enchanting)
    Angevin Sarkany - Bosmer Dragonknight
    Alkemene Velothi - Dunmer Warden (Morrowind)
    Sanna yos'Phalen - Altmer Sorcerer (provisioning)
    Cosima di Mattina -Altmer Sorcerer
    Naria Andrano - Dunmer Templar
    Luca della Serata - Redguard Templar
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To use the speed on these properly:

10 Crown Speed Riding Lessons
    10 Crown Riding Capacity Riding Lessons

You need the Stamina Riding Lessons which as they are not listed, which would lead me to assume they are not included.

Can you clarify this please Gina.
    @Coolio_Wolfus There were no Stamina lessons in the bundle last year, so it's safe to assume this is correct and there are none this year either. I think Stamina is the least-used riding skill anyway, as it doesn't really do much aside from preventing you from being knocked off.

@ZOS_GinaBruno it says in the article The Starter Pack will be available to purchase until Monday, November 28 at 10:00am EST. Does that mean the Starter Pack is being removed from the Crown Store on Mondsy, or does it just mean it's going back to full price (in which case it would still be available to purchase)? Thanks!
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • Moonscythe
    Moonscythe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nevermind. I realized I was being shunted to the UK site though I wasn't asking to be. I finally forced things to pay attention and got to NA Microsoft. Now I wonder why it wasn't there when I went to the Microsoft store from the beginning. I guess it doesn't matter. I can buy some cheap crowns if I want them now.
    Scura di Notte - Altmer Nightblade (gear)
    Lalin del Sombra - Bosmer Sorcerer (alchemy/enchanting)
    Angevin Sarkany - Bosmer Dragonknight
    Alkemene Velothi - Dunmer Warden (Morrowind)
    Sanna yos'Phalen - Altmer Sorcerer (provisioning)
    Cosima di Mattina -Altmer Sorcerer
    Naria Andrano - Dunmer Templar
    Luca della Serata - Redguard Templar
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Crowns are on sale ? Oh good I was worried ! Time to break the bank N get some appearance goodies .
  • Recremen
    Recremen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's great to see the Cloud Camel, but pairing it with a bunch of consumables isn't ideal for a lot of us. Now I've got to find a way to use all those poisons and such so they don't clog my inventory. @_@ Better than a gambling box, at least.
    Men'Do PC NA AD Khajiit
    Grand High Illustrious Mid-Tier PvP/PvE Bussmunster
  • Dagoth_Rac
    Dagoth_Rac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Recremen wrote: »
    It's great to see the Cloud Camel, but pairing it with a bunch of consumables isn't ideal for a lot of us. Now I've got to find a way to use all those poisons and such so they don't clog my inventory. @_@ Better than a gambling box, at least.

I think that is what the Riding Lessons are for. 10 extra inventory slots on an alt to store the useless Crown consumables. ;-)
  • runagate
    runagate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Hmm. I have lots and lots of provisioning ingredients so I don't want the food.
    I certainly don't want those potions. I don't even want the pvp or thievery potions I get from Remains-Silent or TG quests.
    I have 12 max level characters so I don't want the xp scrolls.
    All of my mounts are already max speed, although a couple are 10 or 20 points sky or max capacity.
    I have thousands of soul gems. I can make my own poisons so I vendored the thousands of poisons I looted on my 12 characters last night.

Nice slightly different colored camel, though.
  • bottleofsyrup
    bottleofsyrup
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dat bundle
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Crown Consumables have to be used on the character that buys them, right? No trading within the account? Riding lessions, XP scrolls, food, potions, poisons. That stuff.

I did have to laugh at the "9100 Crown value"... The 160 Crown Lethal Poisons, 10 Crown Fortifying Meals, 10 Crown Experience Scrolls 50 Crown Tri-Restoration Potions, and 20 Crown Soul Gems really have no value. Yeah, they sell them for Crowns, but they are not worth anything to me. The riding lessons, they have value, but not 1000 Crowns for a pack of 10. The camel is worth 1800 Crowns. To me, they are selling 2500-3000 Crowns worth of stuff for 1900 Crowns.

If just looking for a first camel, I'd suggest buying the Hammerfell Camel first. Unless there is something about a white camel that one must have, and you know they are going to show all the dirt.
    Edited by Elsonso on November 23, 2016 1:05AM
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I did have to laugh at the "9100 Crown value"... The 160 Crown Lethal Poisons, 10 Crown Fortifying Meals, 10 Crown Experience Scrolls 50 Crown Tri-Restoration Potions, and 20 Crown Soul Gems really have no value. Yeah, they sell them for Crowns, but they are not worth anything to me. The riding lessons, they have value, but not 1000 Crowns for a pack of 10. The camel is worth 1800 Crowns. To me, they are selling 2500-3000 Crowns worth of stuff for 1900 Crowns.

I suspect they were aiming for a number that let them flip the digits around.
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

PC/NA ROLLBACKS AND BAN NOTIFICATIONS ANNOUNCEMENT.
  • Recremen
    Recremen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dagoth_Rac wrote: »

I think that is what the Riding Lessons are for. 10 extra inventory slots on an alt to store the useless Crown consumables. ;-)

That's in fact one of the worst things about this. I'm all filled up on riding except for Stamina on every single character, and I only have Stamina left to train up on four of them. What do I do with the lessons? Just... destroy them? Wait to be able to buy more character slots? I hope they're bankable.
    Men'Do PC NA AD Khajiit
  • Recremen
    Recremen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Crown Consumables have to be used on the character that buys them, right? No trading within the account? Riding lessions, XP scrolls, food, potions, poisons. That stuff.

If just looking for a first camel, I'd suggest buying the Hammerfell Camel first. Unless there is something about a white camel that one must have, and you know they are going to show all the dirt.

I already have the regular and Black camels, actually! :smiley: I don't remember if they sold this camel last year for Black Friday, but if so I had passed on it then due to the need to purchase consumables and the fact that I didn't have a shade of white that legitimately matched the fur color. Now I have Palatine White, though, and I'm thinking with some costumes that would be a great fit!! Not my armor, though, since my normal armor is leather and can't actually dye properly, and my soon-to-be armor is dropped heavy sets, which will all look hideous for my character and will need to be hidden under a costume.
    Men'Do PC NA AD Khajiit
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I already have the regular and Black camels, actually! :smiley: I don't remember if they sold this camel last year for Black Friday, but if so I had passed on it then due to the need to purchase consumables and the fact that I didn't have a shade of white that legitimately matched the fur color. Now I have Palatine White, though, and I'm thinking with some costumes that would be a great fit!! Not my armor, though, since my normal armor is leather and can't actually dye properly, and my soon-to-be armor is dropped heavy sets, which will all look hideous for my character and will need to be hidden under a costume.

@Recremen IIRC last year was a Guar.
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

PC/NA ROLLBACKS AND BAN NOTIFICATIONS ANNOUNCEMENT.
  • Mojmir
    Mojmir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I see your saving the good stuff for the crown crates. Lol garbage
  • Recremen
    Recremen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@Recremen IIRC last year was a Guar.

Yeah I think you're right. Golden Eye Guar, maybe? That one just plain didn't match anything I'd want, for any of my characters. I've had at least a little success with the green and red guars, but the color pallets tend to be so muted on them that it's hard to make any of my vivacious color schemes function.
    Men'Do PC NA AD Khajiit
  • silky_soft
    silky_soft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is that it?
    Here $15, goat mount please. Not paying 45 : lol :
    Netch is free with a cleanse and free magika. You nerf siphon into the ground. Nice balance team.
    How do you go home every night and say, I did a great job at work today. You actually do your job properly.
    Step 1: roll templar. Step 2: level up jabs. Step 3: slap on weapon damage build. Step 4: que for bg. Step 5: leap...jabsjabsjabsjabs
  • Aliniel
    Aliniel
    ✭✭✭✭
    I will NEVER buy any consumables from the Crown store. You say it's worth over 9000 crowns? Well, (for me) it's mostly rubbish I'd never buy anyway.
  • LadyNalcarya
    LadyNalcarya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

To be fair, the regular camel costs 1800 crowns, so you get the consumables for 100 crowns. XD
    Scrolls and riding lessons are pretty useful, especially for those who made new chars during the event (or for leveling skill lines).
    Food and potions are useless though, and probably were added to make the bundle more "valuable".
    Dro-m'Athra Destroyer | Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor | Voice of Reason

PC/EU
  • White wabbit
    White wabbit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hmmm I think I'll pass on this wonderful offer
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Camel is a bit niche to be far, and personally not that interested in cosmetics for £
    BUT 20 x riding lessons, 10 x XP scrolls are worth 3k, so worth it for those alone. The rest is gumph really

If u did a 50% sale on all riding lessons again if empty all my crowns in one hit. Alts feeling the pain. But no way ill pay 1000 per 10.
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • Mojmir
    Mojmir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Save your money for better things

oSj0ujt.jpg
  • UntrustedExistenz
    UntrustedExistenz
    ✭✭✭
    Uff, it is a good information that there are crap things for new players in this year's black fredas so I can save some money ;)
    <PC EU>
    Press "F" to pay respect to our fallen megalulserver.
  • Inerar
    Inerar
    ✭✭✭
    When will it start? Still not seems in crown store. By the way, i like it, there is also discount for crowns. Fair enough...
    Whenever i search for an alternative game, i realize that how beautiful ESO is...
  • Inerar
    Inerar
    ✭✭✭
    Have to add something. People wants that crown items should't be better than crafted items, and same people says crown store items are garbage. It's like a typical customer act. I'm not saying these words to a specific person. Saw some comments at facebook post too. Even so they're useless for you, then just think that it's limited time camel. You get it or not. That's it...
    Whenever i search for an alternative game, i realize that how beautiful ESO is...
  • Scootter
    Scootter
    ✭✭✭
    Dakhumn wrote: »
    When will it start? Still not seems in crown store. By the way, i like it, there is also discount for crowns. Fair enough...

I am wondering this myself. I saw the news in the launcher so thought it would be available but nothing in the store.
  • JasonSilverSpring
    JasonSilverSpring
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dakhumn wrote: »

The article says Wednesday. I would guess at 10 am EST.
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not unless something changed. All Crown Consumables should be bankable.

Recremen IIRC last year was a Guar.
    Yeah I think you're right. Golden Eye Guar, maybe?
    Green Narsis Guar :)
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Enodoc wrote: »
    Not unless something changed. All Crown Consumables should be bankable.

Yeah, I jumped on PTS to check that out. Bankable. I thought I recalled a complaint that riding lessons could only be used by the character that buys them. If I am remember9ng correctly, then that has been fIxed. I never buy the consumables, so I never bothered to care.

Still, the 1800 Crown camel already in the store is a better deal than this offering; This offer is interesting primarily due to the camel. The riding lessons are of potential use, but, to me, all of the rest is "vendor trash" that I can't sell to a vendor.

Edited by Elsonso on November 23, 2016 2:11PM
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Clicked on Black Fredas link -> Website asked for my birthday the 50th time in a row -> Watched random videos on Youtube instead.

Do your website guys know what cookies are?