Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Is it an understatement to say pvp is done?

Unsent.Soul
Unsent.Soul
✭✭✭✭✭
Load screens that force you to shut down, log to diff char., log out, then log on original char. Kind of proves this game is broken.

So far, on xbox, my game has crashed 6 times. 3 of them being in pvp. Just today.

If it's not the initial start up freeze, or the pve group dungeon freeze, it's anything to do in cyrodil/IC will cause a freeze.

This is a pathetic state for the game on xbox.
Edited by Unsent.Soul on November 28, 2016 5:21AM
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I actually heard the XB1 version was worse than PC, and it's bad enough on PC. I can only imagine the crap you guys are going through. My condolences.
  • Unsent.Soul
    Unsent.Soul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alucardo wrote: »
    I actually heard the XB1 version was worse than PC, and it's bad enough on PC. I can only imagine the crap you guys are going through. My condolences.

Thanks, I do appreciate it. I'm so close to calling it. I've spent too much time to just quit.

It's so sad, I've been stuck in loading screens for the last 30 minutes. I literally have to log in on a different character, log out, then may be able to log in to my original character.
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maintenance for the week of November 28:
    No PC/Mac maintenance – November 28
    • North American and European Xbox One megaservers for patch maintenance – November 29, 6:00AM EST (11:00 GMT)
    • ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – November 29, 1:00PM EST (18:00 GMT)
    • North American and European PlayStation®4 megaservers for patch maintenance – November 30, 6:00AM EST (11:00 GMT)
    • North American and European PC/Mac megaservers for patch maintenance – December 1, 4:00AM EST (9:00 GMT)

lol ^
  • Stoopid_Nwah
    Stoopid_Nwah
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah it's crap right now; haddy is all that's full most times but you get dashboarded or freeze every few minutes. I switch to pve but then can't go through a dungeon or trial without having extreme amounts of lag, which makes it pretty difficult to perform a rotation. So I'm left to pick flowers :lol:.
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can't even tell you how many people have already left and how many are about to leave . Most all of my steam group is either one or the other right now . This holiday week was one of the worst for performance on platform and PC . The lack of information or any response from ZOS was a big nail in their coffins .
    Edited by Rohamad_Ali on November 28, 2016 6:00AM
  • Unsent.Soul
    Unsent.Soul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can't even tell you how many people have already left and how many are about to leave . Most all of my steam group is either one or the other right now . This holiday week was one of the worst for performance on platform and PC . The lack of information or any response from ZOS was a big nail in their coffins .

It has not been the most enjoyable.

1 major issue is the destro staff. No matter the character, when something dies, and I have a destro staff equipped, my game will freeze/pause for 1-6 seconds... Every time something dies. Doesn't matter if it's a dungeon, cyrodil, trial, IC... it's going to happen. 5/7 of my characters have a destro staff equipped.

Dungeons will now freeze the console. Doesn't matter where, when, what's going on... it will freeze the game.

Pvp pisses me off. I don't care about proc sets, destro ult, wtf ever.. the freeze, then log on to another character, then log out, then log back on to your original character, that's *** UP....

Please @ZOS @ZOS_GinaBruno @Anyone who plays xbox, can this be fixed? It's about time....
  • Stoopid_Nwah
    Stoopid_Nwah
    ✭✭✭✭

1 major issue is the destro staff. No matter the character, when something dies, and I have a destro staff equipped, my game will freeze/pause for 1-6 seconds... Every time something dies. Doesn't matter if it's a dungeon, cyrodil, trial, IC... it's going to happen. 5/7 of my characters have a destro staff equipped.

Dungeons will now freeze the console. Doesn't matter where, when, what's going on... it will freeze the game.

Pvp pisses me off. I don't care about proc sets, destro ult, wtf ever.. the freeze, then log on to another character, then log out, then log back on to your original character, that's *** UP....

Please @ZOS @ZOS_GinaBruno @Anyone who plays xbox, can this be fixed? It's about time....
    Is the destro staff the reason for all of the mini freezes? I assumed it sucked for everyone, but I use lightning/inferno in pve...good thing I have other options for my magicka characters, oh wait...
  • Awakatanka
    Awakatanka
    ✭✭
    No worry..They will fix it with some more proc sets and crown stuff.
  • Rune_Relic
    Rune_Relic
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Sadly I think we are literal victims of the games success.
    Massive influx of new/returning players with free play weekend + 1T....hardware cant meet demand (no more cores) or software isnt scaling well.
    All those new, returning and old players ..in the front door and out the back one, due to performance/load.

How to shoot yourself in the foot by underestimating demand.

Perhaps the idea was just to add more accounts and not to actually keep them.
    Perhaps they decided to shut down half the cores.
    /shrugs
    Edited by Rune_Relic on November 28, 2016 3:00PM
    Anything that can be exploited will be exploited
  • Unsent.Soul
    Unsent.Soul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Crown Crates will be coming soon though, an announcement is supposedly coming this week.

They barely acknowledge the issues with the game, hell... took them 6-8 months to "fix" the issues in orsinium.
  • Unsent.Soul
    Unsent.Soul
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Is the destro staff the reason for all of the mini freezes? I assumed it sucked for everyone, but I use lightning/inferno in pve...good thing I have other options for my magicka characters, oh wait...

@Stoopid_Nwah Destro is confirmed to cause stutters or mini freezes every time an enemy dies. I swap back to dual wield and the problem is non existent. Several staff using guild mates have the exact same issue.

The only band aid is logging out, and then back in. Too bad that messes up now too. 1/5 times trying to get to the server select screen the game freezes as well.
  • Stoopid_Nwah
    Stoopid_Nwah
    ✭✭✭✭

@Stoopid_Nwah Destro is confirmed to cause stutters or mini freezes every time an enemy dies. I swap back to dual wield and the problem is non existent. Several staff using guild mates have the exact same issue.

The only band aid is logging out, and then back in. Too bad that messes up now too. 1/5 times trying to get to the server select screen the game freezes as well.
    Wow...well thanks for letting me know; now I don't have to assume it's my internet anymore. I'll try the logging out and back in thing. About to enter a trial so I'll probably be trying it out in a few minutes :expressionless:.
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rune_Relic wrote: »

Sadly I think we are literal victims of the games success.
    Massive influx of new/returning players with free play weekend + 1T....hardware cant meet demand (no more cores) or software isnt scaling well.
    All those new, returning and old players ..in the front door and out the back one, due to performance/load.

How to shoot yourself in the foot by underestimating demand.

Perhaps the idea was just to add more accounts and not to actually keep them.
    Perhaps they decided to shut down half the cores.
    /shrugs

Indeed . An those of Us staying but won't go in till a fix feel Martin Sheen stuck in a Saigon hotel room .
  • DreadKnight
    DreadKnight
    ✭✭✭
    Load screens that force you to shut down, log to diff char., log out, then log on original char. Kind of proves this game is broken.

So far, on xbox, my game has crashed 6 times. 3 of them being in pvp. Just today.

If it's not the initial start up freeze, or the pve group dungeon freeze, it's anything to do in cyrodil/IC will cause a freeze.

This is a pathetic state for the game on xbox.

Totally agree.

It sucks, and worse is the response from ZOS - nothing, nothing, nothing.

We need some Empathy here ZOS.

• RebornV3x
    RebornV3x
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's horrible on Xbox One the game is barely playable pvp is a joke the game freezes up in pvp and upon loading back in I'm back in pve it's made pvping as a guild a nightmare since half the group is either offline or waiting in a que to get back into Haderus I just play something else when my game freezes up and it happens about once an hour
    Xbox One - NA GT: RebornV3x
    I also play on PC from time to time but I just wanna be left alone on there so sorry.
  • vamp_emily
    vamp_emily
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The only thing that I really ever complained about in PvP was population balance. This weekend the population was balanced and these are some of the comments people posted from https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/285338/bwb-na-pc-final/p62

- So somebody in DC zone chat last night said " OMG this is the best PvP I have ever experienced in any game"
    - I had a lot of fun this weekend
    - Feels like the old BwB again. Lots of action. Everybody fighting on two fronts.
    - totally agree with u ... this weekend was AMAZINGLY fun in BwB
    - A day or two ago an AD in zone chat said something along the lines of "OH MY GOD THIS IS FREAKING AMAZING. I TOTALLY DO NOT REGRET BUYING THIS GAME."

PvP is not done.

If you want a friend, get a dog.
    AW Rank: Grand Warlord 1 ( level 49)

• Unsent.Soul
    Unsent.Soul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    vamp_emily wrote: »
    The only thing that I really ever complained about in PvP was population balance. This weekend the population was balanced and these are some of the comments people posted from https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/285338/bwb-na-pc-final/p62

- So somebody in DC zone chat last night said " OMG this is the best PvP I have ever experienced in any game"
    - Feels like the old BwB again. Lots of action. Everybody fighting on two fronts.
    - A day or two ago an AD in zone chat said something along the lines of "OH MY GOD THIS IS FREAKING AMAZING. I TOTALLY DO NOT REGRET BUYING THIS GAME."

PvP is not done.

I'm not trying to be rude but this the XBOX section. We have our own difficulties. Things may be well on PC but xbox it's looking rather grim.

Glad at least 1 platform is playable...
  • vamp_emily
    vamp_emily
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

PvP is not done.

I'm not trying to be rude but this the XBOX section. We have our own difficulties. Things may be well on PC but xbox it's looking rather grim.

Sorry I just seen the topic :) didn't see the section. I guess it is time to buy a PC version of the game if you like PvP :)

If you want a friend, get a dog.
    AW Rank: Grand Warlord 1 ( level 49)

• Unsent.Soul
    Unsent.Soul
    ✭✭✭✭✭

PvP is not done.

Sorry I just seen the topic :) didn't see the section. I guess it is time to buy a PC version of the game if you like PvP :)

Thats another cop out, I didn't buy my console to end up buying a PC. I've spent thousands of hours, your suggestion is to just throw it all away?
  • DreadKnight
    DreadKnight
    ✭✭✭

PvP is not done.

Thats another cop out, I didn't buy my console to end up buying a PC. I've spent thousands of hours, your suggestion is to just throw it all away?

PMSL - Two XBOX One's later and two XBOX One S's later.

Not to mention the money spent on subs and the crown store, and we still basically have an unplayable game.

RIP all employed at ZOS and ESO - the writing is definitely on the wall.
  • Stoopid_Nwah
    Stoopid_Nwah
    ✭✭✭✭

PvP is not done.

I know it won't happen, but if we could transfer from xbox to PC I would absolutely get a decent setup and switch. I realize they probably have their fair share of issues, but every time I see PC PVP videos and vma runs, I end up disgusted thinking of how laggy it is on console.
  • Preyfar
    Preyfar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I've given up on PVP. It used to be the one thing to hold me to the game, but the constant bugs, lack of prioritization fixes for exploits, lag, random load screens, Cheat Engine and now the procsetpocalypse... it's really killed my interest in PVP. An judging by the server population we're not alone.

PVP has been neglected.
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    For most people it's done when they get caltrops, vigor, warhorn and probably proximity detonation.
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
  • AzuraKin
    AzuraKin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    think the problem is the devs go hey i just thought of a cool way to redesign game. someone in back of the room shouts out how will this effect pve and pvp builds? and wrobel says shut up we dont theorycraft how our ideas will affect the game.
    v160 spellsword (nightblade)
    v160 restoration archmage (Templar)
    v160 battlemage (sorcerer)
    v160 restoration archmage (Templar)
    v160 warrior (DragonKnight)
    v160 assassin (nightblade)
    v160 swordsman (sorcerer)
    v160 spellsword (nightblade)
  • Unsent.Soul
    Unsent.Soul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Asardes wrote: »
    For most people it's done when they get caltrops, vigor, warhorn and probably proximity detonation.

This may be true but there are people who thoroughly do or have enjoyed pvp. I had the time of my life during the IC event for xbox. My small group of 3-4 were doing quite well, those are the moments that bring me back to pvp.

PvP is not done.

I know it won't happen, but if we could transfer from xbox to PC I would absolutely get a decent setup and switch. I realize they probably have their fair share of issues, but every time I see PC PVP videos and vma runs, I end up disgusted thinking of how laggy it is on console.

I could get on board, I'd miss my friends, almost like an online community/family, for as long as we've been in the same guild.

Last pc game I played was D3, I'd def. need an upgrades system.
    Edited by Unsent.Soul on November 29, 2016 5:01PM
  • Stoopid_Nwah
    Stoopid_Nwah
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Unsent.Soul someone messaged me on Xbox about another tip to fix the destro staff freezing. Just type /reloadui in text chat and they said it will refresh and stop the stuttering. Will be trying it today :smiley:!
  • Unsent.Soul
    Unsent.Soul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Unsent.Soul someone messaged me on Xbox about another tip to fix the destro staff freezing. Just type /reloadui in text chat and they said it will refresh and stop the stuttering. Will be trying it today :smiley:!

Awesome to hear. I had a friend that tried thr reload in cyrodil. He didn't make it back that night due to a never ending load. I'll try it out when I get a chance.

Thanks @Stoopid_Nwah
  • Solariken
    Solariken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah I just unsubbed a few days ago and don't plan to log back in until next patch depending on what is or isn't coming. Broken game, apathetic development.
  • Stoopid_Nwah
    Stoopid_Nwah
    ✭✭✭✭
    Solariken wrote: »
    Yeah I just unsubbed a few days ago and don't plan to log back in until next patch depending on what is or isn't coming. Broken game, apathetic development.
    Same. The only character I like playing is a magblade that relies on cloak. Infernal guardian being broken was the last nail in the coffin for me.
  • maxjapank
    maxjapank
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

PvP is not done.

Well...you were welcoming people agreeing with you who play on PC.