Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!

yet another campain ends with broken skills and procs

• MaximillianDiE
    MaximillianDiE
    ✭✭✭✭
    BuggeX wrote: »
    manny254 wrote: »
    Drummerx04 wrote: »
    @Wrobel @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_KaiSchober

when will this be balanced?

eye of the noob still ticking for 12k locked down with the epic 80% slow from gap closers, i dont even have a heal that heals me for 12k.

GJ

GOOD DAMN JOB ZOS

only way to survive that is having enought ppls so your aoe cap can mitigate the dmg...LOL good plan to reduce the zergs

All I'm going to say is if youre getting ticked by a 12k destro ult you probably deserve it. I run a full dmg build on my nb and rarely tick over 12k on people unless they are full light/medium armor and wearing no impen. Also at least for me, cant speak for the others running the skill, I only typically use it on zergs and am not really concerned on using it on solo players so if you're getting hit by my ult for that much then you've really done something wrong ;p

As for procs yea I would like to see them changed as much as the 60% of the pvp community that isn't abusing them but doubt we will see any change until the next major update. And the gap closer thing really needs a better implementation to making it hit every time rather than just making you get a 75% snare which makes it basically impossible to get away if you have multiple people spamming it on you.

All in all though, I think PVP got a lot more competitive albeit cancerous at the same time. We shall see what changes come along come the next major update which is supposed to be a balance focused update.

Competitive is far from the word I would use.

Players who have no idea what they are doing can get kills because there gear provides them with procs. This is not what anyone would call competitive.

For larger scale combat numbers are even more important as the game has simply become a battle of ultimates. More people will mean more ultimate. So it essentially boils down to who has more ulti's/people, and can hit the enemy first.I really don't see anything in that leaning to competitive. The best way to measure a group now is to essentially count the amount of negates, destro ults, and dawnbreakers they have. You could also throw in a healer count, but understanding that is generally relative to the skill of the healers and the size of a group.

Personally the group meta, and the proc meta are very unappealing to me. Most players seem to end up letting their sets play the game for them or waiting until they become useful when their ulti is up. In the case of the wonderfully designed destro ult players have the enjoyable game play of casting it and walking forward.

Nothing that I would ever consider associating with the word competitive.

While I get your point, I want to point out that players that have no idea what they are doing are not likely to succeed against me simply because they have a set. Typically when a below average proccing stamtard comes after me, he dies almost immediately.

To be truly effective in pvp, you still need to have good positioning/planning rather than relying purely on sets to do work for you.

The point is simple. Players can essentially do nothing more than equip gear and be rewarded.

A player can equip tremor scale/viper, and be rewarded for just spamming puncture. Obviously a good player can counter it, but should you be rewarded for bad play?

I don't have an issue with proc sets per se - its the stacking by one player of multiple proc sets that needs to be looked at and rebalanced, especially since you can stack poison into the mix as well. Give procs a GCD so they cannot go off at the same time - that would fix a lot imho.

Personally I don't mind the destro staff ulti meta. It gives smaller organised guilds ways to fight back against the massive zergs and the blobs that now abound on TF NA at least. Personally - I find the current breed of magicka Templar is much more difficult to deal with than a proctard or a destroy staff ulti. A good one is damn nigh impossible to kill and can output some pretty nasty damage at the same time if you don't stay on your toes.

But what if a group of similar organization fights you? What if they significantly outnumber you? Then who ever has the most destro ults wins. If one group has 6, and the other has 12 who will win? How does this benefit fighting outnumbered? If a group double your size pops destro ult how is that benefiting fighting outnumbered?

When you are faced with a skill that is unblockable and essentially unavoidable with the eye morph. How is making something so powerful benefit fighting outnumbered when the availability of the skill corresponds to the number of players in group?

i can tell you wath he thinks, he is the common random zerg blob Player moving allesia - brigde - sejanus or nikels - ash.
    he faces big random blobls of noobs.
    he prolly never try to cap a Keep with a Group aigans a nother group

To answer your question Mano imho - proper use of Destro ults requires coordination to be effective against organised groups and is only one tool. We simply get out of the way when less skilled groups or pug zergs try to ulti bomb - wait out their ultis and counterbomb using a range of ultis of which destro staff is only one. As we've been for a long time - we're simply more nimble and able to react on the fly than a lot of the larger groups out there now which is why we can take on 2+ times our numbers with relative ease. Not all that much different to earlier aoe metas like the batswarm meta in the past really.

There is so much more that goes on than simply popping storms when we dive into a fight. The real key is the cc that goes hand in hand with this as well as the countermeasures that you take on the initial bomb as well as simply choosing when and where to engage in the first place. But then you, (unlike the OP) already know this too as your group is one of the most skilled AD groups out there who I've seen react on the fly, use tactics, terrain etc against superior numbers and chewing them up. As to when you fight a group of similar organisation, it makes it far more of a challenge as we all have the same tools at hand after all and its damn good fun to fight another group like yours that utilises those tools effectively.

wath Tools are you speaking about? rushing in with eye and negate with immoveablepots on? wiping out anything in the next 7 secends on your way in an instant without anyone beeing able to reacte? yea nice meta. thats how pvp should Looks like, thats the true skill. gj

you know, aoes shouldnt kill ppls, singletarget should, executes should, but not aoes, aoes should help, should make presure, but not wipe 20 Players in an instant

Who says aoe shouldn't kill people? Certainly not the good pvp guilds and players past and present in this game who've been calling for aoe caps to be removed since the beginning of the game - only the sheep or potatoes that in spite of the aoe cap still get farmed by what is pretty neutered aoe compared to the aoe in most other decent rvr/ava pvp mmos in the past...
    Maximillian Die Caesar - DC - [K-Hole] Retired
    Maximillian AD [[DiE]
    Retired
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

eye of the noob still ticking for 12k locked down with the epic 80% slow from gap closers, i dont even have a heal that heals me for 12k.

GJ

GOOD DAMN JOB ZOS

only way to survive that is having enought ppls so your aoe cap can mitigate the dmg...LOL good plan to reduce the zergs

All I'm going to say is if youre getting ticked by a 12k destro ult you probably deserve it. I run a full dmg build on my nb and rarely tick over 12k on people unless they are full light/medium armor and wearing no impen. Also at least for me, cant speak for the others running the skill, I only typically use it on zergs and am not really concerned on using it on solo players so if you're getting hit by my ult for that much then you've really done something wrong ;p

As for procs yea I would like to see them changed as much as the 60% of the pvp community that isn't abusing them but doubt we will see any change until the next major update. And the gap closer thing really needs a better implementation to making it hit every time rather than just making you get a 75% snare which makes it basically impossible to get away if you have multiple people spamming it on you.

All in all though, I think PVP got a lot more competitive albeit cancerous at the same time. We shall see what changes come along come the next major update which is supposed to be a balance focused update.

well i have to say it was the emperor :blush:, usally it ticks for 4-5k crit.
    the Problem on that noob ulti you cant block it, you cant avoid it when you beeing gapclosered.
    im not a sorc or nb. Mistform doesnt work either, most skills ignore the 75% dmg reduction from it, you still can be slowed by gapcloser.

Heavy armor is still uselles for surviving, i have many sets, one of them is my LA sun set, or my heavy seducer. i feel absolutly no damn difference in reciving dmg, only difference is the Stamina i get back from heavy passive.

got sniped regular from 10k snipe, 5k Vipern 4k health poison. in heavy with all buffs up.

many of my Group say that also, block is bugged or uselles to. why should i die in heavy in seconds when i have s/s ulti up and spaming inhale... doesnt make sens, o right i forgot. noob ulti isnt blockable.

not having a purge is a dead sentence in that current meta. no metter wath, i cant outheal 3 *** injektions.

the current pvp is the worst garbage it ever was, for small scale. only Thing you can do is farmin ressources and hope noobs come in the Tower and die...

btw i also wonder who the hell had the idea to lower the range on balistas

I love your sig ... and I think that's the source of your frustrations.

I still don't understand how people haven't noticed mDK has much more heals than mNB.

I don't think it's a big mystery. One has no on demand heal (and can cloak and mobility instead) while the other has major mending.
  • Paneross
    Paneross
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Having a Sorc in group running negate is more important then ever .

Eye of Skill ignores Negate and kills anyone trying to stay in the bubble.
  • BuggeX
    BuggeX
    ✭✭✭✭✭

GJ

GOOD DAMN JOB ZOS

Players who have no idea what they are doing can get kills because there gear provides them with procs. This is not what anyone would call competitive.

For larger scale combat numbers are even more important as the game has simply become a battle of ultimates. More people will mean more ultimate. So it essentially boils down to who has more ulti's/people, and can hit the enemy first.I really don't see anything in that leaning to competitive. The best way to measure a group now is to essentially count the amount of negates, destro ults, and dawnbreakers they have. You could also throw in a healer count, but understanding that is generally relative to the skill of the healers and the size of a group.

Personally the group meta, and the proc meta are very unappealing to me. Most players seem to end up letting their sets play the game for them or waiting until they become useful when their ulti is up. In the case of the wonderfully designed destro ult players have the enjoyable game play of casting it and walking forward.

While I get your point, I want to point out that players that have no idea what they are doing are not likely to succeed against me simply because they have a set. Typically when a below average proccing stamtard comes after me, he dies almost immediately.

To be truly effective in pvp, you still need to have good positioning/planning rather than relying purely on sets to do work for you.

The point is simple. Players can essentially do nothing more than equip gear and be rewarded.

A player can equip tremor scale/viper, and be rewarded for just spamming puncture. Obviously a good player can counter it, but should you be rewarded for bad play?

I don't have an issue with proc sets per se - its the stacking by one player of multiple proc sets that needs to be looked at and rebalanced, especially since you can stack poison into the mix as well. Give procs a GCD so they cannot go off at the same time - that would fix a lot imho.

Personally I don't mind the destro staff ulti meta. It gives smaller organised guilds ways to fight back against the massive zergs and the blobs that now abound on TF NA at least. Personally - I find the current breed of magicka Templar is much more difficult to deal with than a proctard or a destroy staff ulti. A good one is damn nigh impossible to kill and can output some pretty nasty damage at the same time if you don't stay on your toes.

But what if a group of similar organization fights you? What if they significantly outnumber you? Then who ever has the most destro ults wins. If one group has 6, and the other has 12 who will win? How does this benefit fighting outnumbered? If a group double your size pops destro ult how is that benefiting fighting outnumbered?

When you are faced with a skill that is unblockable and essentially unavoidable with the eye morph. How is making something so powerful benefit fighting outnumbered when the availability of the skill corresponds to the number of players in group?

i can tell you wath he thinks, he is the common random zerg blob Player moving allesia - brigde - sejanus or nikels - ash.

To answer your question Mano imho - proper use of Destro ults requires coordination to be effective against organised groups and is only one tool. We simply get out of the way when less skilled groups or pug zergs try to ulti bomb - wait out their ultis and counterbomb using a range of ultis of which destro staff is only one. As we've been for a long time - we're simply more nimble and able to react on the fly than a lot of the larger groups out there now which is why we can take on 2+ times our numbers with relative ease. Not all that much different to earlier aoe metas like the batswarm meta in the past really.

There is so much more that goes on than simply popping storms when we dive into a fight. The real key is the cc that goes hand in hand with this as well as the countermeasures that you take on the initial bomb as well as simply choosing when and where to engage in the first place. But then you, (unlike the OP) already know this too as your group is one of the most skilled AD groups out there who I've seen react on the fly, use tactics, terrain etc against superior numbers and chewing them up. As to when you fight a group of similar organisation, it makes it far more of a challenge as we all have the same tools at hand after all and its damn good fun to fight another group like yours that utilises those tools effectively.

wath Tools are you speaking about? rushing in with eye and negate with immoveablepots on? wiping out anything in the next 7 secends on your way in an instant without anyone beeing able to reacte? yea nice meta. thats how pvp should Looks like, thats the true skill. gj

you know, aoes shouldnt kill ppls, singletarget should, executes should, but not aoes, aoes should help, should make presure, but not wipe 20 Players in an instant

Who says aoe shouldn't kill people? Certainly not the good pvp guilds and players past and present in this game who've been calling for aoe caps to be removed since the beginning of the game - only the sheep or potatoes that in spite of the aoe cap still get farmed by what is pretty neutered aoe compared to the aoe in most other decent rvr/ava pvp mmos in the past...

you cant compare another mmo with teso, and thats for one reason. you dont have cooldowns.
    you could remember the noobsteel Trains or the one from destro staf. the aoes in teso leading to Train since ist the most effective way to kill ppls. just zergboys would say aoes are good, so we can roam arround and farm easy aps
    #makemagickadkgreataigan
    #givemeaexecute
    #ineedheal
    #betterhotfixgrindspots
  • asneakybanana
    asneakybanana
    ✭✭✭✭✭

GJ

GOOD DAMN JOB ZOS

Maybe solo 1vx isnt as competitive unless you use proc sets but I was talking in terms of smaller groups being able to compete with zergs. Before this patch if our 8 man even considered trying to open field a zerg it would have been near suicide but now with destro ults and the amount of damage you can get actually fight 3-4x your numbers and have a decent chance at not only just surviving but killing them. Sure sometimes its just a matter of oh, look, they just layered 3 negates twice because they have 40 people but if we manage to bait their ults or if they just dont have them up then we can usually come away close to a win and in that sense I feel it's more competitive. Theres no more, oh everyone drop your meteors right now and hope that they dont spread, groups actually succeed far more now if they have a large variety of ults in group not just purely destro ults. Just my opinion that it feels like a skilled 8 man is the most effective it's been since pre 1.6.

GJ

GOOD DAMN JOB ZOS

At least for Haxus the fight is still extremely winnable when an organized group has double our numbers. It just is very very reliant on anticipation of what the enemy will do and avoiding their ults (destro ult is most definitely avoidable). Being able to watch what your enemy is doing and anticipating when they will bomb, or baiting their ultimates has become a key if you want to be successful when fighting an organized group that has more players than you. Group pvp honestly feels the most competitive between haxus, khole and hagnado since 1.5 when it was havoc decibel and No Mercy in their primes. Sure it's a different meta and a different playstyle but in terms of the competition between the top guilds its pretty close.
    Asneakybanana AD DK Former emperor of Chrysamere and Chillrend. World first hardmode Hel'ra and Quake con winner (Alliance rank 25)
    Asneakyhabenero EP DK Former emperor of Thornblade, Haderus. World first vMA Dk clear (Alliance rank 39)
    Asneakycucumber EP Sorc Former empress of Blackwater Bay and Trueflame (Alliance rank 32)
    Asneakypineapple EP Temp Former empress of Azuras Star and Haderus (Alliance rank 22)
    Asneakypickle EP NB Former empress of Trueflame (Alliance rank 47)
    Sweat Squad
    Crowned 27x on 12 different campaign cycles | 200M+ AP earned
    Fastest AA clear ever: 5:42 | Fastest HRC clear ever: 5:27 | NA first HM MoL
    609k Mag Sorc vMA
    NA first Tick Tock Tormentor
    NA first trinity (All No Death/HM/Speed run trials titles)
    2x Tick Tock Tormentor
  • asneakybanana
    asneakybanana
    ✭✭✭✭✭

GJ

GOOD DAMN JOB ZOS

you cant compare another mmo with teso, and thats for one reason. you dont have cooldowns.
    you could remember the noobsteel Trains or the one from destro staf. the aoes in teso leading to Train since ist the most effective way to kill ppls. just zergboys would say aoes are good, so we can roam arround and farm easy aps

Eso would be the only open world pvp game in the world where AoEs arent the most effective thing to take down larger groups. Look at BDO that game has no cooldowns and was EXTREMELY AoE heavy, so much so that basically the only skills used in open world GvG fights were AoEs. And in that game as well a group with superior tactics and skill could farm multiple times their numbers. If you dont like it then go back to skyrim and 1vx some dragons with your single target xD
    Asneakybanana AD DK Former emperor of Chrysamere and Chillrend. World first hardmode Hel'ra and Quake con winner (Alliance rank 25)
    Asneakyhabenero EP DK Former emperor of Thornblade, Haderus. World first vMA Dk clear (Alliance rank 39)
    Asneakycucumber EP Sorc Former empress of Blackwater Bay and Trueflame (Alliance rank 32)
    Asneakypineapple EP Temp Former empress of Azuras Star and Haderus (Alliance rank 22)
    Sweat Squad
    609k Mag Sorc vMA
    2x Tick Tock Tormentor
  • BuggeX
    BuggeX
    ✭✭✭✭✭

GJ

GOOD DAMN JOB ZOS

Eso would be the only open world pvp game in the world where AoEs arent the most effective thing to take down larger groups. Look at BDO that game has no cooldowns and was EXTREMELY AoE heavy, so much so that basically the only skills used in open world GvG fights were AoEs. And in that game as well a group with superior tactics and skill could farm multiple times their numbers. If you dont like it then go back to skyrim and 1vx some dragons with your single target xD

eso is the only game where spamable aoes or aoe procs deal more dmg singletarget than singletargets skills or executes.

eye of the noob is a aoe that deals as much as Soul assoult, the other is meant to be a execute the other an aoe. so now tell me that thats balanced? grothar deals 40% and flame lash 60% on an 1min fight if i run spellwaver and sun set, grodar is unblockable and unavoidable if you stand there, it deals near as much as dmg as my singletarget dps skill, thats balanced right?
    Edited by BuggeX on November 28, 2016 7:47PM
    #makemagickadkgreataigan
    #givemeaexecute
    #ineedheal
    #betterhotfixgrindspots
  • Ghost-Shot
    Ghost-Shot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

GJ

GOOD DAMN JOB ZOS

eso is the only game where spamable aoes or aoe procs deal more dmg singletarget than singletargets skills or executes.

eye of the noob is a aoe that deals as much as Soul assoult, the other is meant to be a execute the other an aoe. so now tell me that thats balanced? grothar deals 40% and flame lash 60% on an 1min fight if i run spellwaver and sun set, grodar is unblockable and unavoidable if you stand there, it deals near as much as dmg as my singletarget dps skill, thats balanced right?

How exactly are your aoe abilities dealing more damage than your single target? And please don't try and compare an ultimate to a spamable skill, that's like saying suprise attack should hit harder than dawnbreaker. My soul assault deals triple the damage in the same amount of time as a storm btw.
    Edited by Ghost-Shot on November 28, 2016 8:00PM
  • asneakybanana
    asneakybanana
    ✭✭✭✭✭

GJ

GOOD DAMN JOB ZOS

Look at the costs. Soul assault costs 40% of the destro ultimate. Also wtf are you using that aoe spammable deals more dmg than your single target spammable? If I were to just sit there and spam impulse or talons in a single target fight I would look like a fool. As far as grothdarr doing 40% of your damage you must have either a tank build with almost no damage or a sh*t build. Grothdarr will tick for at most 2.5k? where as whip should be hitting 4k+ almost no matter what and if you are only using whip then you will be hitting 4k every cast where as grothdarr is only up 62.5% of the time at max so really not sure where you came up with those numbers especially while using spellweave and sun with grothdarr. Perhaps its an l2p issue? not sure.
    Sweat Squad
    609k Mag Sorc vMA
    2x Tick Tock Tormentor
  • HoloYoitsu
    HoloYoitsu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

GJ

GOOD DAMN JOB ZOS

Look at the costs. Soul assault costs 40% of the destro ultimate. Also wtf are you using that aoe spammable deals more dmg than your single target spammable? If I were to just sit there and spam impulse or talons in a single target fight I would look like a fool. As far as grothdarr doing 40% of your damage you must have either a tank build with almost no damage or a sh*t build. Grothdarr will tick for at most 2.5k? where as whip should be hitting 4k+ almost no matter what and if you are only using whip then you will be hitting 4k every cast where as grothdarr is only up 62.5% of the time at max so really not sure where you came up with those numbers especially while using spellweave and sun with grothdarr. Perhaps its an l2p issue? not sure.
    Sneaky, do you not know who you're talking to? No point in trying to debate really, it's like talking to a wall.
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Paneross wrote: »

Wat ? That's broken then if true . Negate cancels all Majic . Even proxy Det is suppose to cancel in negate .
  • Manoekin
    Manoekin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ghost-Shot wrote: »

GJ

GOOD DAMN JOB ZOS

How exactly are your aoe abilities dealing more damage than your single target? And please don't try and compare an ultimate to a spamable skill, that's like saying suprise attack should hit harder than dawnbreaker. My soul assault deals triple the damage in the same amount of time as a storm btw.

Way more people should have tried BDO. Eye of the Storm is nothing compared to Meteor/Blizzard/Lightning. In that game you can chunk and sometimes 1-shot players from max range with Wizard/Witch class. Using AOE abilities. From range.
  • Crispen_Longbow
    Crispen_Longbow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Paneross wrote: »

Wat ? That's broken then if true . Negate cancels all Majic . Even proxy Det is suppose to cancel in negate .

Skills cast outside of a negate that are a duration still work in them once you enter. Proxy, bats, Eye of the Storm, mist, barrier, all other buffs etc. You just can't cast inside of a negate.
    Crispen Longbow - Daggerfall Covenant (DC): NB - Rank:50 (NA/PC) - RIP (Blue VE, Khole, LoM, MO)
    Crispen Longboww - Aldmeri Dominion (AD): NB - Rank:50 (NA/PC) - Crispen's House of Pain RIP (KP, Yellow VE, Omni)
    Crispen Longbow-EP - Ebonheart Pact (EP): NB - Rank:50 (NA/PC) - RIP (Red VE)
  • White wabbit
    White wabbit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    My theory is they aren't going to fix PvP they want it to die so they can cater to the Pve side of the game
  • asneakybanana
    asneakybanana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Manoekin wrote: »
    Ghost-Shot wrote: »

GJ

GOOD DAMN JOB ZOS

Way more people should have tried BDO. Eye of the Storm is nothing compared to Meteor/Blizzard/Lightning. In that game you can chunk and sometimes 1-shot players from max range with Wizard/Witch class. Using AOE abilities. From range.

The shotgun spam man it just makes me laugh at people who think aoe is op in this game.
    Sweat Squad
    609k Mag Sorc vMA
    2x Tick Tock Tormentor
  • BuggeX
    BuggeX
    ✭✭✭✭✭

GJ

GOOD DAMN JOB ZOS

i have tested it with a friend, i also said wath gear i was running, spellwaver and sun with sharpen weapon. when spellwaver proced i have arround 5k spelldmg for wipe with entropy up. in 1 min gordah deals 40% and wipe 60% dmg. thats for a simple reason, procs doesnt have costs and will be up all time, i cant spam 60 wipes. most fights vs good Players will last between 1-2min in that time procs will deal the most dmg.

burning embers cant beat grodhar in dmg. even when embers is up all the time

you know, grodahr is like the skill the dk used to have... zos said it was to strong and we got the stupid flameball instead. now its a proc for anyone without costs...
    Edited by BuggeX on November 28, 2016 11:57PM
    #makemagickadkgreataigan
    #givemeaexecute
    #ineedheal
    #betterhotfixgrindspots