The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Please ban duelling in our towns and cities!

Jimbullbee85
Jimbullbee85
✭✭✭✭
I absolutely love the new update in every way barring one. Our towns and cities are no longer peaceful areas to do our crafting, writs and trading. Mournhold has turned into a battleground. Can we please restrict dueling to the wilderness?

Also what would be cool to see is any foreigners wearing enemy regalia to be attacked on site by the town guards. Ya know, just to make this update a bit more realistic. We are still at war are we not? But yeah, please ban duelling in towns and cities.
Jimbullbee, Templar healer battlemage
  • DMuehlhausen
    DMuehlhausen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I absolutely love the new update in every way barring one. Our towns and cities are no longer peaceful areas to do our crafting, writs and trading. Mournhold has turned into a battleground. Can we please restrict dueling to the wilderness?

Also what would be cool to see is any foreigners wearing enemy regalia to be attacked on site by the town guards. Ya know, just to make this update a bit more realistic. We are still at war are we not? But yeah, please ban duelling in towns and cities.

The fact that they aren't attacked is one of my biggest issues with this update. Might as well just take PvP out of the game too. The Lore/Story of what is going on in Cyrodil just doesn't matter now. So all PvP will bring is people complaining about balance and nerfs to skills that are perfectly fine for PvE
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's good entertainment. I don't notice it if I'm actually doing something
  • ajback_ESO
    ajback_ESO
    ✭✭✭

+1 for the city guards to attack enemies wearing regalia.
    Certifications:
    CompTIA A+
    CompTIA Network+
    CompTIA Security +
    Cisco CCENT
    Cisco CCNA
    Microsoft MTA
    Microsoft MCSA

Dual ASUS 27" VE278H Monitors
    Razer H-440 Case (Whats Inside?)
    GA-Z97X-Gaming 7 Motherboard
    i7-6800 CPU
    MSI GeForce GTX 1070 GPU
    Corsair H115i Cooling System
    Corsair CS750M Power Supply

Peripherals
    Razer Blackwidow TE Chroma
    Razer Mamba TE Chroma
    Razer Kraken 7.1 Chroma
    Razer Leviathan
    Razer Firefly
  • Abeille
    Abeille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The fact that they aren't attacked is one of my biggest issues with this update. Might as well just take PvP out of the game too. The Lore/Story of what is going on in Cyrodil just doesn't matter now. So all PvP will bring is people complaining about balance and nerfs to skills that are perfectly fine for PvE

It would make more sense if the story now led to a cease fire in Cyrodiil and the PvP was moved somewhere else and given another reason that made it not the npcs' business. But that would be an absolutely gigantic update (a new map the size of Cyrodiil, maybe in a plane of Oblivion?) that would change something too big and important to be paid DLC, so I imagine ZOS wouldn't do that.
    Edited by Abeille on October 19, 2016 7:12PM
    Just so that everyone knows, my Altmer still can't have black hair. About a dozen of Altmer NPCs in the game have black hair. Just saying.

Meet my characters:
    Command: Do the thing.

Zadarri, Khajiit Fist of Thalmor: The thing was done, as commanded.
    Durza gra-Maghul, Orc blacksmith: The thing was done perfectly, in the most efficient way.
    Tegwen, Bosmer troublemaker: You can't prove I didn't do the thing.
    Sings-Many-Songs, Argonian fisher: Sure, I'll do the thing... Eventually. Maybe.
    Aerindel, Altmer stormcaller: After extensive research, I've come to the conclusion that doing the thing would be a waste of resources.
    Liliel, Dunmer pyromancer: Aerindel said I shouldn't do the thing. Something about "resources".
    Gyda Snowcaller, Nord cryomancer: I will find a way to do it that won't waste resources and make Aerindel proud of me.
    Beatrice Leoriane, Breton vampire: I persuaded someone else into doing the thing. You are welcome, dear.
    Sahima, Redguard performer: Doing the thing sounds awfully unpleasant and really not my problem.
    Ellaria Valerius, Imperial priestess: I'll pray to the Eight for the thing to be done, if it is Their will.
  • ThePaleItalian
    ThePaleItalian
    ✭✭✭✭✭

So pretty much no one can complete the Silver and Gold side of things, so we all play our characters with a 3rd of shards, skill points and such?

Conan, what is good in life?
    Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.

PS4 Screen Name: The_Pale_Italian
    ZweiHandler - Orc DK Tank
    Solstice StormHaven - Magika Sorc
    Oba Nobanaga - Stam NB
  • Tholian1
    Tholian1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They should get a large bounty against them for fighting within the city walls, and then they will have to deal with fighting or avoiding the guards.
    PS4 Pro NA
  • Jimbullbee85
    Jimbullbee85
    ✭✭✭✭

Yes you're right. Although I totally understand why ZOS is trying to appeal to PVP players, they probs spend much more money on addons and help towards keeping the game alive, but I think this update is a bit too much for even the pvp players to fully appreciate. It's unnecessary in my opinion and is taking away from the whole ethos of the game and it's narrative.
  • ThePonzzz
    ThePonzzz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dueling where justice is intact should not be possible. They should just add places like they did in Stormhaven or let people go into the wilds.
  • Jimbullbee85
    Jimbullbee85
    ✭✭✭✭

So pretty much no one can complete the Silver and Gold side of things, so we all play our characters with a 3rd of shards, skill points and such?

No, you just wouldn't walk into an enemy city with new regalia on your back.
  • Cazzy
    Cazzy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I think dueling in towns should be a crime. So a bounty would be on your head. Otherwise it makes little sense.
  • ZOS_JohanaB
    ZOS_JohanaB
    ✭✭✭✭
    We've moved this thread to Dueling
    Staff Post
  • DRXHarbinger
    DRXHarbinger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I think dueling after 5 mins opens the 2 people up to attack from everyone around them to end the fight. Some people are so damn bad at this...sorc streaks...dk vigors. .oh look both back at full health..repeat. awful.
    PC Master Race

1001CP
    8 Flawless Toons, all Classes.
    Master Angler
    Dro-M'artha Destroyer (at last)
    Tamriel Hero
    Grand Overlord
    Every Skyshard
    Down With BOP!
  • Jimbullbee85
    Jimbullbee85
    ✭✭✭✭
    Tholian1 wrote: »
    They should get a large bounty against them for fighting within the city walls, and then they will have to deal with fighting or avoiding the guards.

Yes I love this idea :)
  • Lord-Gibson
    Lord-Gibson
    ✭✭
    I agree as well to ban dueling in town limits. I love dueling and glad its here but it takes for ever to load into some areas b/c of so many people dueling. Also, there is just so much chaos that the town guards would never allow in the first place.
    Scott D. Gibson
    Beasts Of Ebonheart/ Guildmaster
  • Jaronking
    Jaronking
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nahhh dueling in towns are fine.You can still do writs and craft anything you need because dueling doesn't stop you from doing that.I could duel on top of the clothing station and you could still use it.
    Edited by Jaronking on October 20, 2016 10:01AM
  • ThePonzzz
    ThePonzzz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jaronking wrote: »
    Nahhh dueling in towns are fine.You can still do writs and craft anything you need because dueling doesn't stop you from doing that.I could duel on top of the clothing station and you could still use it.

Immersion, Jaronking. Under the same logic, I should be able to kill NPCs in town and not suffer justice/fines. Too many NPCs are snooty and deserve death. "If you want to lose 10lbs of ugly fat, I'd be happy to chop your head off."
  • Jaronking
    Jaronking
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ThePonzzz wrote: »
    Jaronking wrote: »

Immersion, Jaronking. Under the same logic, I should be able to kill NPCs in town and not suffer justice/fines. Too many NPCs are snooty and deserve death. "If you want to lose 10lbs of ugly fat, I'd be happy to chop your head off."
    It doesn't affect my immersion why is your immersion more important than mine.Not having duels hurt my immersion and make towns boring.Plus you can kill NPC no problem just don't get caught and you don't have to worry about fines,plus the guards are so easy to evade even with a fine it isn't like you have one.
  • Quigster
    Quigster
    ✭✭✭
    ThePonzzz wrote: »
    Dueling where justice is intact should not be possible.

Pretty much sums it up right there.
    (50) Quigster Bosmer Stamplar
    (50) Lorithar Lightcrest Altmer Mag Sorc
    (50) Tanius Magnitus Argonian Magplar
    (50) Kalethar Redguard Stamplar
    (50) Ra'Jo Darkstrike Khajiit Stamblade
    (50) Gen Maximus Imperial Stam DK
    (50) Jakon Fenrif Redguar Stam Sorc
    (50) Revus Meredor Dunmer Mag DK
    (50) Gorath the Silent Orc Stamblade
    (31) Bjorn Ironhand Nord Stamplar
    (28) Lord Devin Woodhearth Breton Magblade
    Altaholic, CP 600+
  • 2ndcovenant_ESO
    @Jimbullbee85

What that gent meant was that if other factions became kill on sight in other faction areas, the silver and gold quest lines could not be completed because a good number of those quests revolve around helping or hurting npcs in "enemy" faction zones. The silver and gold quest lines "mask" your true faction according to the story line but in truth you stay your original faction throughout both gold and silver. It gives a single character the chance to experience the entire game without being killed in enemy realms.

As a side note, Dark Brotherhood quests now go to "enemy" zones as well. Some of those bounties would be undo-able.
    Edited by 2ndcovenant_ESO on November 17, 2016 3:45AM
    "*** Chi: A brave man likes the feel of nature on his face, Jack.
    Egg Shen: Yeah, and a wise man has enough sense to get in out of the rain!" - Big Trouble in Little China
  • Zurxii
    Zurxii
    ✭✭
    Want duels out of city? Then quit zerging down "our" cyrodiil so we won't have to duel
    ~Out2Kill
  • Jimbullbee85
    Jimbullbee85
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Jimbullbee85

What that gent meant was that if other factions became kill on sight in other faction areas, the silver and gold quest lines could not be completed because a good number of those quests revolve around helping or hurting npcs in "enemy" faction zones. The silver and gold quest lines "mask" your true faction according to the story line but in truth you stay your original faction throughout both gold and silver. It gives a single character the chance to experience the entire game without being killed in enemy realms.

As a side note, Dark Brotherhood quests now go to "enemy" zones as well. Some of those bounties would be undo-able.

I never said "Kill all enemy faction members on site" I said "Kill anyone wearing enemy regalia on site". Ya know... the new costumes and mounts that are faction specific?
  • Jimbullbee85
    Jimbullbee85
    ✭✭✭✭
    Zurxii wrote: »
    Want duels out of city? Then quit zerging down "our" cyrodiil so we won't have to duel

Firstly... Cyrodil is a war zone! Zerging is the whole point of the game. Being apart of a big team to win a war. Overwhelming numbers is the bread and butter battle strategy.

Secondly... Would it be too much of a compromise to limit duelling to the other 95% or more of the map? Don't think so. Takes a couple of seconds to walk out of a city's gates from the wayshrine away from a guard. Or is that too far away for you? When I duel I tend to go outside anyway. Too many distractions in busy mournhold.