The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

sorc help

Syiccal
Syiccal
✭✭✭✭✭
need some help on a current magika sorc build any help appreciated

Best Answer

• Lukums1
    Lukums1
    ✭✭✭✭
    It should be Julianos - Spinner combine insane amount of burst, or you go Julianos and Sorro then change thief mundas to shadow.

Granted you can only get the benefits on the off bar with dual wield but some pretty nasty overloads you'll have.

With the new food that came out the brew or whatever, max health, max magicka and the 300 regen or whatever it is BUFFED magicka in a huge way.

You can have 40k magicka and 19k health with 1350 recovery easy, which now means you will never ( almost ) run out of magicka.

I almost toss and turn deciding to run 5 piece Julianos and 5 piece spinner to drop monster helm completely and use my sharpen maelstrom lightning and flame staffs.

The toss up is if you can farm (and you don't mind farming) then 5 piece burning spellweave + 5 piece scathing mage will pretty much destroy everything especially when using eye of the storm ulti in pvp and pve.

Burning and Scathing with flame staff is what I run now days, elegant 20% overload set is over with the new ulti and new viable sets from one tam it makes the above a no brainer.

With the new purple food as I was discussing earlier, there is no need for dark convergence or drain for sustain.

The basic setup: NEWBIES

Force pulse / crystal shard / harden ward / bound agies / inner light - metor
    Power Surge / Liquid Lightning / harden ward / bound agies / boundless storm - power overload
    Power Surge / mages wrath / harden ward / bound agies / inner light - power overload

Advance setup: Players keeping themselves alive knowing when to shield.

Force Pulse / crystal shard / wall of elements / bound agies / inner light - metor
    SAME AS ABOVE
    SAME AS ABOVE

The only change is wall of elements on front bar.

Lightning setup is different, taking Force Pulse away and using velicious curse and the above with the advance setup.

Best of luck.

A lot of things to think about mainly if you're up for the grind.

Luke
    PS4 Yellow Scum Dominion
    1600+ vMA runs and counting
    Magicka Sorc - Flawless - 544k Score
    Stam Sorc - Flawless - 559k Score
    Stam DK - FLAWLESS 512k Score
    Stam NB - 492k Score - Work in progress
    Magicka Temp - 482k Score

The Ozmeric Dominion (Oceanic) Australian Based Guild

vMA "guru" - VHRC - vSO - vSOHM - vDSA - vAA - vMOL
    The Maelstrom BIBLE for beginners/Flawless Achieve Below
    https://www.twitch.tv/lukumms/v/111730700
    https://www.twitch.tv/videos/181142505

You have vMA questions? Want a guide? Helping hand? PM me!

Returns after 6 months back to back flawless
    https://go.twitch.tv/videos/180384648

Answer ✓
  • Dubhliam
    Dubhliam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are many details you should provide.

General advice I can give you:
    Invest ALL your attributes into magicka
    Use blue Health+Magicka food
    Use Magicka enchants and Arcane jewelry traits exclusively
    Make sure to keep up Major Sorcery and Major Prophecy 100% of the time. (Example: Magelight & Entropy)
    Use Destruction staves. Other viable weapons are Restoration staves od Dual Wield swords.
    Take advantage of your best ultimate - Overload. You can benefit from the Molag Kena set without having penalties. Other sets that boost your basic attacks (Overload) are Infallible Aether and Queen's Elegance.

Now, what are your goals?
    Do you want to raid?
    Do you want to PvP?
    Are you a solo player?
    etc. etc.
    Give us as much detail as you can.
    >>>Detailed Justice System Concept thread<<<
  • Syiccal
    Syiccal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    pvp I normally run stamblade but wanna switch it up but have no idea how to play sorc in pvp ..I know how to kill them so that helps a bit but no idea of bis gear or skils
    Edited by Syiccal on November 22, 2016 10:18PM
  • agegarton
    agegarton
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Most people who start with a good stam build and move to mag sorc struggle with self heal and general sustainability. Here are a couple of pointers that might help.

First, it's not necessary to pile all attribute points into Mag - you might want to think about pointing some into health to help you sustain (especially while you get used to the build - you can always redistribute points later), and/or stamina (for dodge roll and to help power the rider speed buff). It's a fine line, but you can certainly achieve sufficient damage and mag sustainability this way. Rumour has it that there will be benefit in the next update, which will balance a whole load of skills, to distributing attributes more broadly.

Second, Dark Conversion, a morph or Dark Exchange in the Dark Magic skill tree, is your best Vigor replacement. In addition, the Entropy skill in the Mages Guild skill tree is a powerful self heal dot. Use the Mages Guild passives to buff the spell. What you morph to is a personal preference - I use Degenerate as I prefer the heal option to the max health option. Finally on sustainability, equip the Annulment skill from the Light Armour skill tree. Morph it to Harness Mag asap. This is a very powerful shield that'll get you out of trouble and return magician to you.

Finally, skills...... plenty to choose from here, the sorc lines have greats dots, direct damage and finisher skills. My advice is, whatever else you do, utilise Wall of Elements and its morphs, and Force Shock and its morphs, from the destro staff skill tree. Both are very powerful, cheap, and should form part of your staple diet. All sorcs should equip Crystal Frags for max damage, and Daedruc Curse (morph to Velocious Curse) is also a nasty killer. In terms of ultimate, I'd suggest avoiding Overload (for now). It's a bit underpowered these days, and although there are advantages to it, it's harder to get the most out of it. Your better options are Shootung Star from the Mages line (and those passive you bought earlier will buff this ult too). Crucially, though, equip Elemental Storm from the Destro line. It's the most powerful ult in the game, don't let anyone tell you otherwise. If you morph to Eye of the Storm, so the damage follows you around, you've got a stonking AOE while you continue to deal damage. It's expensive - but it clears the field when you're taking a flag or up against it in Zerg v Zerg.

In terms of gear, I'm a firm believer that your gear should be the last element of your build, to plug gaps in your play style. There are loads of good sets to buff mag, regent and damage. Julianos is superb, and depending on your gameplay you might want to consider Warlock or Silks of the Sun. Depending on what you do with Attributes, here's where you can make up your max mag. I use Julianos and Vicious Death in pvp, with the Molg helm (for the spell damage buff). Good all round and cheap enough, if not entirely creative!

Hope this helps
  • DannyLV702
    DannyLV702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    5 spinner on front bar, 5 lich on back bar, 2 infernal guardian. That's what I wear and do pretty well.
  • Syiccal
    Syiccal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    hmm plenty to look into.
    How's your sustain with julianos and vd