MOAR BRIDGES!!

Digerati
Digerati
✭✭✭✭
a large portion of yellow and reds are constantly locked in a death-struggle for the alessia bridge.

I propose we get 2 more rivers flowing into IC. Create the same bridge-fight between yellow and blue. the same bridge fight between blue and red.

BALANCE THE GEOGRAPHY.

This will fix the lag.
  • Izaki
    Izaki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    That Bridge is pretty much build on dead bodies. Ever since I first set foot in Cyrodiil that one bridge was always a slaughter place. Carnage, genocide, whatever you want to call it.
    @ Izaki #PCEU
    #FrenchKiss #GoneFor2YearsAndMyGuildDoesn'tRaidAnymore
    #MoreDPSthanYou
    #Stamblade
  • Digerati
    Digerati
    ✭✭✭✭
    yeah... it's a good time for a bit here and there..

but i think that it has a detrimental effect on the overall health of cyrodiil. we need the same bridges between the red and blue area and between the blue and yellow area, to split that bridge fight into 3 quarters. the mass of people constantly battling on that bridge causes tons of problems for the servers... it also gives blue an unfair advantage, since they don't have to worry about 20% of their pop being locked in an endless bridge fight.... It also steals a lot of pop from blue as a lot of people have probably defected to red or yellow so that they can bridgefight.
  • God_flakes
    God_flakes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The bridge maintenance crew needs to go on strike, like the carpenters did. Let it crumble into the river.
  • Digerati
    Digerati
    ✭✭✭✭
    God_flakes wrote: »
    The bridge maintenance crew needs to go on strike, like the carpenters did. Let it crumble into the river.

If you don't like the bridgefight, you should support this idea. Recognize that removing the bridge will garner negative reaction... Adding 2 new bridges, so every faction has an opportunity to bridge fight against any faction, will greatly diminish the prevalence of the alessia bridge.
  • frozywozy
    frozywozy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    What we need is better incentives to go to the areas between :

- Warden and Dragon
    - Kingscrest and Dragon
    - Rayles and Brindle
    - Black-boot and Brindle
    - Drakelowe and Bloodmayne
    - Drakelowe and Farragut

That huge part of land is barely used unless the respective faction own nothing but the tri-home keeps. Like Fengrush discussed during his last rent, the towns didn't bring this incentive. Adding flags, a respawn point and gear vendors is fun and welcome but we needed alot more than that to actually bring some action around those locations and convince people to leave the dear Alessia bridge that create huge performance issues at primetime during the weekend.
    Edited by frozywozy on November 27, 2016 8:17PM
    Frozn - Stamdk - AR50
    Frosted - Magplar - AR50
    Frodn - Magden - AR50
    Warmed - Magblade - AR50
    Mmfrozy - Magsorc - AR44
    Necrozn - Magcro - AR32
    Twitch.TV/FrozyTV
    PvP Group Builds

“Small minds discuss people, average minds discuss events, and great minds discuss ideas.” -Eleanor Roosevelt
    • Fix Volendrung (spawn location - weapon white on the map causing the wielder to keep it forever - usable with emperorship)
    • Remove / Change CPs System, remove current CP/noCP campaigns and introduce one 30days with lock, one with no locks
    • Fix crashes when approaching a keep under attack because of bad / wrong rendering prioritization system
    • Change emperorship to value faction score points and not alliance points - see this and this
    • Fix long loading screens (mostly caused by players joining group out of rendering range)
    • Add 2 more quickslots to the wheel or add a different wheel for sieges weaponry only
    • Fix Balista Bolts not dealing damage on walls or doors if deployed at a certain place
    • Release bigger battlegrounds with 8 to 16 players per team and only two teams
    • Fix the permanent block animation - see examples : link1 link2 link3 link4 link5
    • Gives players 10 minutes to get back into Cyrodiil after relogging / crashing
    • Add a function to ignore the Claiming system of useless rewards
    • Improve the Mailing System / Rewards of the Worthy stacking
    • Assign specific group sizes to specific campaigns (24-16-8)
    • Make forward camps impossible to place near objectives
    • Make snares only available from ground effects abilities
    • Change emperorship to last minimum 24hours
    • Fix body sliding after cc breaking too quickly
    • Remove Block Casting through Battle Spirit
    • Fix the speed drop while jumping - see video
    • Fix loading screens when keeps upgrade
    • Fix Rams going crazy (spinning around)
    • Bring back dynamic ulti regeneration
    • Fix speed bug (abilities locked)
    • Introduce dynamic population
    • Lower population cap by 20%
    • Add Snare Immunity potions
    • Bring resurrection sickness
    • Fix character desync
    • Fix cc breaking bug
    • Fix gap closer bug
    • Fix health desync
    • Fix combat bug
    • Fix streak bug
    • Fix server lag
  • Digerati
    Digerati
    ✭✭✭✭
    frozywozy wrote: »
    What we need is better incentives to go to the areas between :

- Warden and Dragon
    - Kingscrest and Dragon
    - Rayles and Brindle
    - Black-boot and Brindle
    - Drakelowe and Bloodmayne
    - Drakelowe and Farragut

That huge part of land is barely used unless the respective faction own nothing but the tri-home keeps. Like Fengrush discussed during his last rent, the towns didn't bring this incentive. Adding flags, a respawn point and gear vendors is fun and welcome but we needed alot more than that to actually bring some action around those locations and convince people to leave the dear Alessia bridge that create huge performance issues at primetime during the weekend.

I don't dispute that.

But I still think that we need to balance the geography!

I don't know if anything can ever break the allure of the bridge... It's constant action... So whatever we do, there's going to be that bridge, still calling to you with the instant gratification.... Rework the map so that each side has a bridge right outside of their keep and a bridge a short run from their fort. currently yellow only has a bridge just outside one of their keeps and red only has a bridge a short run from their fort. geography must be balanced.
  • americansteel
    americansteel
    ✭✭✭✭
    Digerati wrote: »
    a large portion of yellow and reds are constantly locked in a death-struggle for the alessia bridge.

I propose we get 2 more rivers flowing into IC. Create the same bridge-fight between yellow and blue. the same bridge fight between blue and red.

BALANCE THE GEOGRAPHY.

This will fix the lag.

in the 2nd ERA there are no rivers just 1 to IC.

well designed i give credit to the devs who created this, as intended works fine.

its not that hard to go around the bridge.
    NO LONGER PLAYING ESO

POOR SERVER PERFORMANCE
    LAG
    LOAD SCREENS
    DONE
  • Digerati
    Digerati
    ✭✭✭✭

BALANCE THE GEOGRAPHY.

This will fix the lag.

in the 2nd ERA there are no rivers just 1 to IC.

well designed i give credit to the devs who created this, as intended works fine.

its not that hard to go around the bridge.

Yes... I understand the lore implication there. The lore can be reticon'd.

Going around the bridge isn't the issue. the choke point isn't the issue. It's that this chokepoint is a unique spot in cyrodiil. Yellow and Red have possibly 20% of their population dedicated to fighting for that bridge... and they have possibly 10% more population than blue. People roll yellow/red specifically so they can play on the bridge. Blue needs a bridge.
  • LegacyDM
    LegacyDM
    ✭✭✭✭✭

BALANCE THE GEOGRAPHY.

This will fix the lag.

You know why people are fighting at the bridge? It's not because it's a bridge. It's because it's the closest intersecting point between two keeps (Alessia and sejanus). People can get to a battle quickly without playing horse simulator online or pvp wall. People want to fight each other. Sieging walls or running horse back gets old after two years. That's why you see the same type of battles between nickel and roe. Or the wall between Chalman and bleakers. Or the wall between ash and nikel. Zos needs to get a clue and understand people want to fight and get to battles quickly. But Zos can't because they want to spread people out and make it harder for people to get to battles, due to Their inability to fix the lag. Which is one of the reasons they got rid of the original forward camps.
    Edited by LegacyDM on November 27, 2016 11:49PM
    Legacy of Kain
    Vicious Carnage
    ¥ampire Lord of the South
  • Digerati
    Digerati
    ✭✭✭✭
    LegacyDM wrote: »

BALANCE THE GEOGRAPHY.

This will fix the lag.

You know why people are fighting at the bridge? It's not because it's a bridge. It's because it's the closest intersecting point between two keeps (Alessia and sejanus). People can get to a battle without playing horse simulator online or pvp wall. People want to fight each other. Sieging walls or running horse back gets old after two years. That's why you see the same type of battles between nickel and roe. Or the wall between Chalman and bleakers. Or the wall between ash and nikel. Zos needs to get a clue and understand people want to fight and get to battles quickly. But Zos can't because they want to spread people out and make it harder for people to get to battles, due to y
    Their inability to fix the lag.

People fight on the bridge for convenience. Yes, that's true. It's a few steps from alessia and a short jog from sej... And the chokepoint draws the fight out, so there's a very good chance that there's a constant fight there.

Yeah, I would love an arena queue... But we really need to disrupt the bridge fight... There's 2 ways to do it. Remove the bridge.... Add 2 more bridges.
  • Greenwood1900
    Greenwood1900
    ✭✭
    ZOS should see that their attempt to create an open world PvP is failing both Cyrodiil and Imperial City.
    Ormesson Stamina NB 2H-Bow
  • Digerati
    Digerati
    ✭✭✭✭
    ZOS should see that their attempt to create an open world PvP is failing both Cyrodiil and Imperial City.

that's a bit of a hyperbole... I think this is the best openworld PvP game currently... Balance isn't even that bad. But... We do have an undeniable problem with the bridge, tho.

BALANCE THE GEOGRAPHY.
  • Greenwood1900
    Greenwood1900
    ✭✭

that's a bit of a hyperbole... I think this is the best openworld PvP game currently... Balance isn't even that bad. But... We do have an undeniable problem with the bridge, tho.

BALANCE THE GEOGRAPHY.

I wasn't talking about balance.

If you have such a massive terrain but 90% of the population always fights in the same two or three spots, they it is failing at the "open world" part.

• Greenwood1900
    Greenwood1900
    ✭✭
    Anyway it is not open world, is just a big instance.
  • Digerati
    Digerati
    ✭✭✭✭

BALANCE THE GEOGRAPHY.

If you have such a massive terrain but 90% of the population always fights in the same two or three spots, they it is failing at the "open world" part.

we create more hotspots/chokepoints... And also we need some reasons to disperse... But we still want the chokes and hotspots so we can just go for some mindless fighting.

I understand your gripe, but it really doesn't have any baring on the OP.

Balance the Geography.
  • Greenwood1900
    Greenwood1900
    ✭✭

BALANCE THE GEOGRAPHY.

we create more hotspots/chokepoints... And also we need some reasons to disperse... But we still want the chokes and hotspots so we can just go for some mindless fighting.

I understand your gripe, but it really doesn't have any baring on the OP.

Balance the Geography.

Reason to disperse? That doesn't exists.

I have seen more than half DC population fighting over Arrius LM while Glademist was under attack.

Or when people push the enemy back to their keep and then just wait around without siegeing.

What I am trying to say is that rather than adding more bridges, they sould create a Battleground mode exactly like, for example, Alessia bridge.

Edited by Greenwood1900 on November 28, 2016 12:59AM
  • Digerati
    Digerati
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm definitely agreeing with you about an arena queue... that would be sweet... but what does that have to do with balancing the geography in cyrodiil?
  • RadioheadSh0t
    RadioheadSh0t
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't get people getting up in arms about this.

They have milegates and mountains in the north. When I played with Decibel we farmed the milegate between Nikel and Ash more than the Alessia bridge, and I personally find those to be more enjoyable to play. I've fought between Roe and Nikel as much as I have between Alessia and Sej.

But if there are people there, it's because of what someone said above: People just want somewhere they can just go and fight. This is why we need Battlegrounds and ESO's first actual PvP Update. No half-cooked Towns or IC Flags, real quality instanced PvP that you can hop into and isn't reliant on objectives that require Zergs to take. And also, not having your gameplay experienced ruined by 40v40 groups fighting on the only populated server in the game.
    Aldonius Direnni - Vet Altmer Sorc (AD)
    Tyrus Telvanni - Vet Dunmer DK (AD)
    Al Donius Bundy - Vet Imperial NB (AD)
    Aldonius Brutus - Vet Orc DK (DC)
  • Digerati
    Digerati
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm definitely on board with instanced, queue-based battleground/arena modes! I always have been! The old argument was that then people wouldn't play cyrodiil.... my argument is that content doesn't detract from other content... If instanced, queue-based arenas were a thing, then there would be more people around, willing and able to play in cyrodiil!

Still doesn't change the fact that alessia bridge is the #1 hotspot. the traffic that bridge receives breaks the server... this is why that bridgefight needs to be replicated.

Balance the Geography.
  • RadioheadSh0t
    RadioheadSh0t
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd say the developers should worry more about balancing the game instead of balancing the geography.

I may complain about Cyrodiil, but I had some of the best gaming experiences of my gaming life in Cyrodiil. But it has run its course.

ESO has yet to have a single PvP update, and instead of complaining about something they're never going to change, let's talk about something that could actually save PvP in this game and bring countless former players back: well-done battlegrounds.

I've been playing ESO since Beta, and I would like to FINALLY get a PvP update. They have yet to release a single detail about Battlegrounds, it's always "Soon(TM)" with "No ETA."
    Edited by RadioheadSh0t on November 28, 2016 2:18AM
    Aldonius Direnni - Vet Altmer Sorc (AD)
    Tyrus Telvanni - Vet Dunmer DK (AD)
    Al Donius Bundy - Vet Imperial NB (AD)
    Aldonius Brutus - Vet Orc DK (DC)
  • Narvuntien
    Narvuntien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I agree with frozywozy

I want more outposts not more bridges.. there is plenty of bridges there is just no reason to cross them. they are too far away.

I want to see the Great Forest Outpost and the Town.. whats it called... with the Lava surrounding it..... as something capturable.

Then on the other side there needs to be something south of Cropsford near the other two bridges so people can jump into that area.

Every single match of PVP where all hell has broken lose over at the Ash mile gate.. I just happily trot through the other Mile gate with no resistance... same for the other two Niben bridges there is just no reason to cross them.

What drives me crazy is how I can't convince anyone else in my allance or current group to go the long way around. Most of the time (my PVP guild often runs Spec Ops such as these if they are online)

I just can't play this meatgrinder style PVP. The lag is just way too much. I am really only enjoying PVP if I am playing Spec Ops. Scouting, Backdooring keeps etc. And it makes it way more fun for everyone.

The allances need better generals, they are just throwing away lives like they mean nothing... and the people just respawn somewhere else. Perhaps there needs to be some scoring system that discourages zerging like this. I mean no real general.. ,not since WW1, is just going to order men to thier deaths over and over. like we do.
  • laksikus
    laksikus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    you know. the birdge is less a chokepoint than the milegates, right?

no matter where you go from Chal to Ales or Roe to Ash, you HAVE to move through one of those Gates.

Not so with the Bridges between Alessia and BRK, there are several Ways to go past them without moving through the chokepoint.

There are as many idiots zerging Bleakers and Nikel Milegate as bridge.
    Edited by laksikus on November 28, 2016 3:55PM
  • Docmandu
    Docmandu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I approve of this message.
  • pjwb16_ESO
    pjwb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Docmandu wrote: »
    I approve of this message.

Docmandu, I've com to bargain
    ~ here since Beta

My Youtube Channel: https://youtube.com/channel/UCw3x5B-l0S093TAo10WafLA

EU Server PC @Elendiel
    Fyrusha - NB AD
    Auri-ele - Sorc AD
    Watch me Nae Nae - Magicka DK AD
    Watch me Whip - Magicka DK DC
    Schnuggii - Bubble Templar AD
  • Rune_Relic
    Rune_Relic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You could have cyrodiil cut into traversable instances.
    keeps, resources, bridges, town etc.

You leave homebase and enter a keep area 12 man instance.
    You leave keep area and enter a resource area 4 man instance.

Maybe even 4 man instances..within a 12 man instance..within a 24 man instance.
    ie
    the 24man instance is the paths and bridges that link everything
    you can move off into the 12man keep instance or 4 man resource instance......
    ...but that removes players from the 24 man team protecting the roads and travel of that area.

Thats way it doesnt really matter if you have 200 AD 100 EP 50 DC.
    You will always be instanced into area units with no bigger than 24 man war parties.

BUT NOW THE PROBLEM...
    There is no flexibility in the system if this is all automated instead of done manually.
    Guilds dont come in nice 4,12,24 man units.
    They are all different sizes and would have to split up and do different stuff.
    What if that 24 man team cant be arsed with resources or keeps and just wants open warfare ?
    Those keeps and reources will forever be owned by the enemy etc.
    Many of the 24 man instances will be PvDoor.

WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN IMHO...
    1. You enter cyrodiil as a guild.
    2. You split into 1, 4, 12, 24 man units
    3. Someone in zone organizes/sends those units to alternative locations so there is no overlap (scout, resource, keep, area).
    4. All factions agree to do this.
    5. There is a diplomacy guild for all 3 faction to discuss where open warfare will take places on the routes/roads/bridges (site rotations ot keep things fresh).
    6. 4v4v4 12v12v12 24v24v24 now takes place at each primary location.
    7. This then picks up all the new players LFG.
    8. Bigger groups get more competent players for the harder challenges they are focused on tactical strategies rather than..the mob
    9. There is a natural training progression upto and into bigger groups.
    10. The tactial quality of PvP and the enjoyment of balnced warfare returns.
    11. A partridge in a pair tree with rainbows and stuff.
    Edited by Rune_Relic on November 29, 2016 1:08PM
    Anything that can be exploited will be exploited
  • God_flakes
    God_flakes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't want the game randomly choosing my enemies for me. No thanks. There is enough silly rng in this game. Cyrodiil is fine the way it is. The focus needs to be on server quality and performance and the rest would sort itself out. I hope they never change a thing about pvp...instanced makes it too linear and "defined". I love the chaos and unpredictably and real battlefield feel of ESo pvp. I just hate the lag, the blobs causing the lag, the load screens and the endless broken crap.
  • Digerati
    Digerati
    ✭✭✭✭
    server quality and performance will be greatly improved if we add a bridge for red/blue to fight on and if we add a bridge for blue/yellow to fight on.

Undeniable that the alessia bridge is the most popular hotspot in the game. Yellow team will fight extremely hard to just get alessia back so they can continue to play on the bridge. People get angry when yellow pushes all the way to sej and cut off the red reinforcements.

Split this hotspot up into 3 hotspots and you're going to see an improvement in performance. Having 100s of people constantly carpeting that bridge with their bodies destroys the server performance.