Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Cyrodiil needs a major change... and Factions are the problem.

BigES
BigES
✭✭✭✭✭
Make a free-for-all Cyrodiil, with reasonable group size restrictions. Scale group sizes to the server population (pop-locked group size limit is 24, for example). Everyone not in your group is an enemy. Fancy yourself a 1vX player? Go in a low population server where the group sizes are restricted to 4-6 because the population is low. Afraid you won't have enemies to kill in low population campaigns? You just gained 33% more enemies to fight because all those same faction meatheads you've always wanted to kill are now enemies. Currently there are three groups in Cyrodiil. Red, Yellow, and Blue. Factions are a major problem with ESO PvP, just like they were with PvE (now fixed with One Tamriel). There should be several groups, not three giant balls. You shouldn't be allow to just casually "run with the herd", casting heal after heal, lagging on top of each other like schooling fish with no repercussions. Don't have a group? Use the Activity Finder. Make some friends. Doing small to medium group (4-8) is challenging because the zerg forms around you. Even if you want them to go away, people will follow like lost puppies, and it makes the problem unavoidable. Coordination is not needed. A group/guild based open world PvP system fixes this.
  • glavius
    glavius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not well though out. How would the keep system work if you could attack same faction players. I see people camping/farming respawn points, but there would be a multitude of other issues.

No thx!
  • BohnT
    BohnT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No thank you. I can't even tell you how bad of an idea this is. It kills everything that pvp has to offer. The keep system would be trash as you can't take every keep with a 24 man blob against roughly 400 players. PvP would die as no one who hasnt got a organized group stands a chance.
    Please wait for battlegrounds but don't ruin PvP for the rest of the players as this would benefit only the top 1% and the rest just dies over and over again
  • BigES
    BigES
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BohnT wrote: »
    No thank you. I can't even tell you how bad of an idea this is. It kills everything that pvp has to offer. The keep system would be trash

Not sure what Cyrodiil you've been playing in... but the keep system is already trash.

Putting 200-300 people all in the same "group" (faction) and allowing you to heal/buff each other only ends one way, and that is with a zerg ball.
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd rather see more campaigns with tighter population control. They need to spread people so everyone isn't all piled up in one campaign (ie: Trueflame), while the others go mostly unused.
    IC also needs to be separate. You could have 3 bars of population, but a majority of them could be running around in IC as a giant zergball, meaning you have very little people active in Cyrodiil.
  • BigES
    BigES
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alucardo wrote: »
    I'd rather see more campaigns with tighter population control. They need to spread people so everyone isn't all piled up in one campaign (ie: Trueflame), while the others go mostly unused.
    IC also needs to be separate. You could have 3 bars of population, but a majority of them could be running around in IC as a giant zergball, meaning you have very little people active in Cyrodiil.

I'd welcome all those changes if you could scale the physical geography of Cyrodiil down.

I'd love IC to be its own campaign but same issue in reverse. Too many people, too little space.
    Edited by BigES on November 27, 2016 5:18PM
  • BigES
    BigES
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Either way, yes to better population controls.

Edited by BigES on November 27, 2016 5:17PM
  • Manoekin
    Manoekin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The things I would do for an 8-man FFA campaign...
    glavius wrote: »
    Not well though out. How would the keep system work if you could attack same faction players. I see people camping/farming respawn points, but there would be a multitude of other issues.

No thx!

I think it's obvious that the keep would be owned by the group, not the faction. Thus, only the group would be able to res there.
    BohnT wrote: »
    No thank you. I can't even tell you how bad of an idea this is. It kills everything that pvp has to offer. The keep system would be trash as you can't take every keep with a 24 man blob against roughly 400 players. PvP would die as no one who hasnt got a organized group stands a chance.
    Please wait for battlegrounds but don't ruin PvP for the rest of the players as this would benefit only the top 1% and the rest just dies over and over again

I don't think you're using your brain here. Where the hell are you getting your numbers from? Why would it be 24v400? Those 400 would be fighting each other also. If anything at all it would prevent them from stacking to attack you because they'd just AOE each other down. OP maybe got ahead of himself, but something like this would obviously be its own campaign.

• BigES
    BigES
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Manoekin wrote: »
    OP maybe got ahead of himself, but something like this would obviously be its own campaign.

Yes. Separate campaign until proven successful.
  • RinaldoGandolphi
    RinaldoGandolphi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    A free for all is something for battlegrounds not Cyrodiil

Cyrodiil is very much a political and ideological war as well as one of attrition.

I'm all about creating a set of battle grounds that are all 100% free for all.

Say the island of Solstheim about half the size of Cyrodiil que in and have at it. Finding and holding totems of Hircine and defending All Maker stones grants your team bonuses (only your group)

Solstheim is pretty much up in the air at the moment, makes it a perfect setting for this
    Rinaldo Gandolphi-Breton Sorcerer Daggerfall Covenant
    Juste Gandolphi Dark Elf Templar Daggerfall Covenant
    Richter Gandolphi - Dark Elf Dragonknight Daggerfall Covenant
    Mathias Gandolphi - Breton Nightblade Daggerfall Covenant
    RinaldoGandolphi - High Elf Sorcerer Aldmeri Dominion
    Officer Fire and Ice
    Co-GM - MVP

Sorcerer's - The ONLY class in the game that is punished for using its class defining skill (Bolt Escape)

"Here in his shrine, that they have forgotten. Here do we toil, that we might remember. By night we reclaim, what by day was stolen. Far from ourselves, he grows ever near to us. Our eyes once were blinded, now through him do we see. Our hands once were idle, now through them does he speak. And when the world shall listen, and when the world shall see, and when the world remembers, that world will cease to be. - Miraak

• Digerati
    Digerati
    ✭✭✭✭
    just need a second and 3rd river... make the alessia bridge the standard junction between factions. Right now, so many people on yellow and red get caught up on the bridgefight... 24/7 bridgefight... even some blues come to mess with the bridge... Put that same exact bridge in 2 more locations. The junction between blue and red and the junction between yellow and blue... I like the bridge fight, many people don't... but we need the bridgefight to be spread out enough so the concentration of people isn't so slanted.

Too many people bridgefight. Create 2 new bridges so blue/red and yellow/blue get caught in the trap.
  • Manoekin
    Manoekin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Cyrodiil is very much a political and ideological war as well as one of attrition.

Say the island of Solstheim about half the size of Cyrodiil que in and have at it. Finding and holding totems of Hircine and defending All Maker stones grants your team bonuses (only your group)

Solstheim is pretty much up in the air at the moment, makes it a perfect setting for this

Cyrodiil is a battleground ;) It just has a lot of players.
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Manoekin wrote: »

Cyrodiil is a battleground ;) It just has a lot of players.

IC reminds me more of a battleground. Just a shame it's full of groups stealthing around flags and large blobs, or just completely dead.
    It used to be a great place to PVP.
  • BigES
    BigES
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Digerati wrote: »
    just need a second and 3rd river... make the alessia bridge the standard junction between factions. Right now, so many people on yellow and red get caught up on the bridgefight... 24/7 bridgefight... even some blues come to mess with the bridge... Put that same exact bridge in 2 more locations. The junction between blue and red and the junction between yellow and blue... I like the bridge fight, many people don't... but we need the bridgefight to be spread out enough so the concentration of people isn't so slanted.

Too many people bridgefight. Create 2 new bridges so blue/red and yellow/blue get caught in the trap.

Bottlenecks like bridges are a symptom of the larger "3-group" faction issue. People cluster there and the zerg forms. When the map gets flagged with combat, people immediately mark the map and run to the scene blindly, without strategy or tactics. In the end, typically the larger group will prevail. People should be punished for such a strategy.

At a bar minimum, if factions have to exist, you shouldn't be allowed to heal and buff same-faction players who aren't in your group. People seem to complain about AoE caps, but to me this is the actual issue. You don't need to remove AoE caps if large zerg balls that are composed of multiple-groups aren't stacking heals/buffs. It's odd that the damage end of the equation is nerfed but the heal/buff side is left completely untouched.
  • Rune_Relic
    Rune_Relic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No thanks. Would prefer massive epic battles.
    Edited by Rune_Relic on November 27, 2016 8:53PM
    Anything that can be exploited will be exploited
  • americansteel
    americansteel
    ✭✭✭✭
    BigES wrote: »
    Make a free-for-all Cyrodiil, with reasonable group size restrictions. Scale group sizes to the server population (pop-locked group size limit is 24, for example). Everyone not in your group is an enemy. Fancy yourself a 1vX player? Go in a low population server where the group sizes are restricted to 4-6 because the population is low. Afraid you won't have enemies to kill in low population campaigns? You just gained 33% more enemies to fight because all those same faction meatheads you've always wanted to kill are now enemies. Currently there are three groups in Cyrodiil. Red, Yellow, and Blue. Factions are a major problem with ESO PvP, just like they were with PvE (now fixed with One Tamriel). There should be several groups, not three giant balls. You shouldn't be allow to just casually "run with the herd", casting heal after heal, lagging on top of each other like schooling fish with no repercussions. Don't have a group? Use the Activity Finder. Make some friends. Doing small to medium group (4-8) is challenging because the zerg forms around you. Even if you want them to go away, people will follow like lost puppies, and it makes the problem unavoidable. Coordination is not needed. A group/guild based open world PvP system fixes this.

lore wise FFA can not be done.

i wouldnt mind seeing another pvp type.

dont complain about "zergs" ESO PvP was marketed as large scale siege warfare people need to realize this.

3 Factions are not the problem its try hard ragers who have no lives and exploit the game we also have had many bans due to cheating. we have a people problem.
    NO LONGER PLAYING ESO

POOR SERVER PERFORMANCE
    LAG
    LOAD SCREENS
    DONE
  • BigES
    BigES
    ✭✭✭✭✭

dont complain about "zergs" ESO PvP was marketed as large scale siege warfare people need to realize this.

3 Factions are not the problem its try hard ragers who have no lives and exploit the game we also have had many bans due to cheating. we have a people problem.

I have never been killed by an exploiter. I've only ever been killed by a better player or a more coordinated group. Or, usually, a zerg. I'd much rather be dying to more skilled players and groups. How else do you get better at the game?

I'm not sure it "ruins" the lore, because the faction war is between NPC's, not players/vestiges.
    Edited by BigES on November 27, 2016 9:10PM
  • White wabbit
    White wabbit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No just no
  • americansteel
    americansteel
    ✭✭✭✭

I have never been killed by an exploiter. I've only ever been killed by a better player or a more coordinated group. Or, usually, a zerg. I'd much rather be dying to more skilled players and groups. How else do you get better at the game?

I'm not sure it "ruins" the lore, because the faction war is between NPC's, not players/vestiges.

this went way over your head,

the 3 banners war has 3 alliances under a banner each of their own hence 3 banners war, you pick the faction you want and when you play pvp you fight for alliance you picked which means nothing to "soul less one" the player!

dont assume ESO on all plarforms doesnt gave cheaters and or exploiters (i seen my fair share on xbx1)

NO LONGER PLAYING ESO

POOR SERVER PERFORMANCE
    LAG
    LOAD SCREENS
    DONE
  • HoloYoitsu
    HoloYoitsu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

ORLY?
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/278031/cyrodiil-cheating-exploiting-you

You must be a console player?

Even if you are, are you telling me you know for a fact you never ran into the Mundus stacking exploiters? The Overload bar toggle exploiters? Spawn gate map clipping exploiters? Wall jumping DK exploiters? Ect?
  • RadioheadSh0t
    RadioheadSh0t
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's crazy to me that with so many problems with this game, people waste their time complaining about bridges and the fact that there are factions..
    Aldonius Direnni - Vet Altmer Sorc (AD)
    Tyrus Telvanni - Vet Dunmer DK (AD)
    Al Donius Bundy - Vet Imperial NB (AD)
    Aldonius Brutus - Vet Orc DK (DC)
  • BigES
    BigES
    ✭✭✭✭✭

HoloYoitsu wrote: »

ORLY?
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/278031/cyrodiil-cheating-exploiting-you

You must be a console player?

Even if you are, are you telling me you know for a fact you never ran into the Mundus stacking exploiters? The Overload bar toggle exploiters? Spawn gate map clipping exploiters? Wall jumping DK exploiters? Ect?

Xbox.

I'm not saying to doesn't happen. Just hasn't noticably happened to me. If it does, its the exception not the rule. People mostly just seem quick to blame poor game play on someone else "cheating".

But we're getting a little off topic here.
  • BigES
    BigES
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's crazy to me that with so many problems with this game, people waste their time complaining about bridges and the fact that there are factions..

I like to focus my attention on the larger issues like the structure of PvP rather than whine about an armor set. FYI, I'm not suggesting that you do personally. Just an observation.
    Edited by BigES on November 28, 2016 11:24PM