The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

As a magic user only do I need stamina

thalium
thalium
Putting all points into magic and health, do indeed points in stamina?

Best Answer

• Lord-Gibson
    Lord-Gibson
    ✭✭
    I would say no because if you do as I do I just use stam pots for when I'm low on stam. If you are a Templar you can use repentance as well and get back precious stamina; if there are corpses lying about. I usually only put 8 points in health and the rest into magicka. I like having the little bit of extra health to keep from getting hit from a one shot.
    Scott D. Gibson
    Beasts Of Ebonheart/ Guildmaster
    Answer ✓
  • kadar
    kadar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yup, generally you don't. The exception I'd say would be PVP. Most Magicka builds at max level have ~13k Stamina. Using Tri-food instead of just Health/Magicka food will get you right about at that number. And that's just for CC breaking and the rare roll dodge/block.
  • DannyLV702
    DannyLV702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    For pvp, yes. For pve, no.
  • Milvan
    Milvan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tri-stats food will handle it. DOn't need to spend points on it.
    “Kings of the land and the sky we are; proud gryphons.” Stalker stands, the epitome of pride. Naked and muscular, his wings widen and his feet dig in as if he alone holds down the earth and supports the heavens, keeping the two ever separate.”
    Gryphons guild - @Milvan,
  • Dubhliam
    Dubhliam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You should spend ALL your attributes into your main resource.
    In your case - 64 points into magicka.

You won't need additional stamina or health.
    Use Health + Magicka food.

Whenever you sacrifice a part of your max Magicka to boost your other stats, your skills lose power.

PvP is a story for itself, there are no strict rules to follow when you build for PvP (at least as much compared to PvE).
    >>>Detailed Justice System Concept thread<<<