The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29
The maintenance is complete, and the PTS is now back online and patch 10.0.2 is available.

Reliable source serving corrupt data

nickszalinskieb17_ESO
I started the download for PTS last night and it failed with WebGet Request failed at 12 MB remaining. According to the router logs, there were some Internet connection problems.

Now when I try to resume it, it downloads with slow speed but that 12 MB does not change and then throws "Reliable source serving corrupt data".
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When I download The Elder Scrolls Online, I get a "Reliable Source Serving Corrupt Data" error. What should I do?
    If you receive a "Reliable Source Serving Corrupt Data" error when attempting to patch The Elder Scrolls Online, you should use the repair tool within the ESO Launcher and try again.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • nickszalinskieb17_ESO
    I used repair and it started to re-download everything and once I stopped to restart Steam, it downloaded few gigabytes and got corrupt again. Should I download all that 50GB in one session with my unstable 17Mbits/s?
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Was it actually redownloading everything, or just verifying? When repairing, it should verify what's already there, and then download what's missing. If it got corrupted though, it may need to download it all again. At 17Mbps it's only 8 hours or so; much better than the 1.5Mbps I have :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

If you do need to pause a download to resume later, it should work as long as you hit the Pause button before closing the launcher. When you restart the launcher, it should verify what's already there, and then continue from where it left off.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • nickszalinskieb17_ESO
    It deletes almost everything on verifying and then re-downloads. Disabled auto update, maybe it helps.
  • nickszalinskieb17_ESO
    I clicked verift and let it redownload during the night again and it again paused on 12 MB left with WebGet request failed and then started throwing "Reliable source serving corrupt data". After restarting the launcher and re-verifying it it deleted everything and started to redownload everything again. In folder preporties it says "Size: 50,3 GB, Size on disk: 7,something GB". So I assume the data got deleted.
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I had this problem when I was downloading one update on live server. I run repair in the launcher and it fixed it.
  • nickszalinskieb17_ESO
    So... Changed to more stable Internet, uninstalled, installed, downloaded and download again stuck on 12MB with WebGet Request failed while Internet is working. I believe it is a server-side issue or because I am trying to install it on the Steam installation. I restarted the launcher and clicked "Update" and now it is verifying, hope everything goes well but I doubt if this is either server-side or Steam-caused problem.

E: Verified and still 12MB failing.

E2: Solved, found some old non-steam installation and updated it
    Edited by nickszalinskieb17_ESO on November 24, 2016 8:45PM