The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Get the MULTI'S out of Cyrodil!

• Publius_Scipio
    Publius_Scipio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    yup
  • Crom_CCCXVI
    Crom_CCCXVI
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS cares nothing about integrity.
    They will delete the threads if we even name the guy who defended the farm 40X in an hour while his guild mates on another color were intentionally dying there.

What a joke.

• Crom_CCCXVI
    Crom_CCCXVI
    ✭✭✭✭✭

So let me get this straight? The campaign is laggy, so by changing from a blue to a yellow, the campaign is now less laggy? That might be the single weakest idea I ever heard. This is a group PvP game, it is meant for large, well run groups to win campaigns, not for a single player to change colors 8x a day so he can get "AP"!

There is nothing of value brought to Alliance War, when people can just change Alliance in the middle of a campaign. If you want to play with your other color friends, go to a different campaign. Azura Star shouldn't have any lag.
    Edited by Crom_CCCXVI on November 23, 2016 10:05PM
  • Elong
    Elong
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You're very passionate about being a one faction player. Have you tried the Role Playing section of the forums?
  • Crom_CCCXVI
    Crom_CCCXVI
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Reasons for not allowing multi's in the same campaign... Endless.
    Reasons for allowing it.. "I want to get more AP!".

Then lets add player killing in the same alliance. why not.
    You want to play on blue, then join on red... I don't want to see you face, we should at least be able to kill the spy/traitor/troller/AP booster or whatever other corrupt activity is going on.
  • zyk
    zyk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For every player who switches factions to better balance teams, there are probably 10 who switch to whichever faction benefits them the most at any given moment. This has always been true in online games and why many games need systems to automatically balance teams.

With that said, this is truly a dead horse. ZOS has been moving in the opposite direction for years. There's never going to be faction locked campaigns in this game.
  • Ackwalan
    Ackwalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If ZOS would go back to 'no campaign swapping', they would have to add 3 servers for each of the campaign rule sets. That would just recreate empty buff servers.
  • MakoFore
    MakoFore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    we should be allowed to have all our characters on one alliance- and switching alliances should be a cost or a commitment.

i have 4 characters 2 on dagger and 1 in the other 2 each- but ive made friends and joined guilds with dagger- no way could i play for another alliance now- I'm m ore loyal to the dagger than i am to my own soccer team. and yet i want my khajit templar to join dagger. sucks.

• caeliusstarbreaker
    caeliusstarbreaker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is nothing of value in Alliance War.

Fixed that for you.
    Realistically man, there is no top tier rewards to justify the necessity to win a campaign.
    It's just an open world objective.... Well, I can't even really say based, as the objectives ultimately serve no merit other than the campaign win, which is ultimately just bragging rights, and mostly decided on who has enough off hour presence.
    Which brings us to what the game is, an open pvp battleground with the ability to group up and fight on or off objectives, with a poor reward system. Just cause you think everyone should play the map doesn't mean others feel the same way. Some are in it just for the fighting.
    Edited by caeliusstarbreaker on November 24, 2016 12:11AM
    Rhage Lionpride DC Stamina Templar
    K-Hole
  • Crom_CCCXVI
    Crom_CCCXVI
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    People keep saying "spies". That is like the least if the problem. If you think I am here because of spying?

I do play in a primarily PVP guild on PS4 NA. We do frequent emperor pushes, run very organized 20 man groups (not zergs). Two 20 v 20 groups fighting over a keep with skill players on both sides is a great game'-- I really don't think enough players have experienced it at level to know what is at stake
  • Delimber
    Delimber
    ✭✭✭
    The way I see it, by having a toon on each team just means I'll get victory loot at the end of the campaign no matter what. So my loyalty is with who ever is winning and if I can't log on to them then I go to one of the other teams.

I'm still going to give 100% as I'm here to improve my skills and learn, not try to undermine another faction.

I have to deal with enough of that BS in real life with co-workers trying to build their own empires lol.
    Edited by Delimber on November 24, 2016 2:10AM
    Solo PvP and PvE most of the time.
    CP 2300+
  • mtwiggz
    mtwiggz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dirty Faction Hackers...
  • ChrisXO
    ChrisXO
    ✭✭✭
    I like Bob.
    - ad scrub -
  • God_flakes
    God_flakes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ChrisXO wrote: »
    I like Bob.

Bob is actually mine tho, so you can't have him. :heart:
  • Crom_CCCXVI
    Crom_CCCXVI
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Perhaps ZOS could actually start enforcing the bans fot boosting? At the least.

Spying, one alliance paying another alliance to help (and yes it has happened)... Those things are real enough I can fathom them... Boosting is a exploit which needs a severe penalty
  • HoloYoitsu
    HoloYoitsu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Uh Wat. You've always been able to faction hop since launch. The old homing/guesting restriction didn't stop anything, you just got in group with someone who was homed there and they queued you in. They didn't even have to leave Cyro to do that.
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Perhaps ZOS could actually start enforcing the bans fot boosting? At the least.

Spying, one alliance paying another alliance to help (and yes it has happened)... Those things are real enough I can fathom them... Boosting is a exploit which needs a severe penalty
    Is this something that really happens? Or is it a banner that pugs rally behind like the legendary lag switch?
    • PC/NA
    • Karllotta, AD Magplar, AR 50
    • Hatched-In-Glacier, DC Magden, AR 44
    • Miraliys, EP Warden, AR 35
    • Kartalin, AD Stamblade, AR 35
    • Kallenna, AD Magcro, AR 34
    • Miralys, EP Magsorc, AR 34
    • Milthalas, EP Magblade, AR 34
    • Lemon Party - Meanest Girls - @ Kartalin - Youtube
  • pcar944
    pcar944
    ✭✭✭✭
    getting rid of it sure sounds like a grand plan

what's going to happen when everyone decides to log one faction and what do you do then when there's no competition?

playing vs pugs who wont group or push anywhere on the map or take resources or even defend home keeps vs organized guilds that decide to go win campaign and crown their EP/AD/DC alts for the title?

are you freaking kidding?
    One Tamriel killed PVP

DC Magicka Orc Necromancer climbing those ranks ...
  • Crom_CCCXVI
    Crom_CCCXVI
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    EXACTLY WHAT I MEAN

Haderus PS4 NA, Skull of Corruption flipped 1 1/2 hour ago.
    There are two groups I know doing emp pushes..

We all have between 25-50000 AP, except 1 guy has 110,000. He is making about 1000 per minute, when we aren't watching, when we find him he stops. There are only a few yellow/blue on (1 bar for yellow)... we are taking a yellow keep, they are nowhere to be found.

This is a dead campaign very few people even in here., we found him at a resource by himself, now he is hiding...

Yeah, great integrity here.... ZOS.
    Edited by Crom_CCCXVI on November 24, 2016 6:56PM
  • outsideworld76
    outsideworld76
    ✭✭✭
    They could not fix the lag, so they had to figure out other ways to make players disapointed.
  • fastolfv_ESO
    fastolfv_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    there just needs to be a 1-2 hour cooldown so the flip flops cant happen as fast. Ive seen people defending ash as dc and all of 5 mins later the same person is on their ad char of the exact name but a ' at the front swapping to the winning side. Theres 1 campaign left on pc so i understand there needs to be a system in place to use all your chars but the current system is poorly implemented and needs some changes
  • Knootewoot
    Knootewoot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Sallington wrote: »
    I think any game with AvAvA should have your account locked to a certain Alliance, but I know I'm in the minority there.

I agree on this, but there is a change one unpopular alliance might die out. At least some people I know of try to balance things by swapping around a bit. But the majority of the people I know only play DC. So do I.
    ٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
    "I am a nightblade. Blending the disciplines of the stealthy agent and subtle wizard, I move unseen and undetected, foil locks and traps, and teleport to safety when threatened, or strike like a viper from ambush. The College of Illusion hides me and fuddles or pacifies my opponents. The College of Mysticism detects my object, reflects and dispels enemy spells, and makes good my escape. The key to a nightblade's success is avoidance, by spell or by stealth; with these skills, all things are possible."
  • LegacyDM
    LegacyDM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey look Bob is on his red today, oh wait now he is on yellow, or was that blue.

Maybe he is spying...
    Maybe he is just being a jerk and trolling the chat...
    Maybe his friends are taking turns killing him, or maybe he just defended that keep against 20 of his guildmates all by himself and now he is Emperor!

Maybe, no definitely this was a terrible idea. What was ZOS thinking? I have heard other topics (like justice system) where ZOS says it would be "too vulnerable to exploit"... THIS IS ONE GIANT EXPLOIT.

Whatever reason it was decided to allow players to play multiple alliances in the same campaign (what was it anyway?), can't be more important than the utter garbage it has added to the validity of Alliance War.
    Once a campaign starts you should only be able to play one alliance per campaign. Being able to play more than one alliance in the same campaign at the same time has taken the already fragile integrity of Alliance War and Emperorship and tossed it totally out the window. I know this is a relatively recent change, let's just call it a bad idea and go back to the way it was please.

You forgot one. Maybe bob wants those top teir rewards at the campaign end so he goes which ever way the wind blows. Faction loyalty means nothing only greed.
    Legacy of Kain
    Vicious Carnage
    ¥ampire Lord of the South
  • Sheuib
    Sheuib
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't care.
  • RadioheadSh0t
    RadioheadSh0t
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    susmitds wrote: »
    I like it. Sometimes PvP is completely dead on one alliance, swapping to another for the sake of good PvP is nice.

You can go to another campaign for it.

What other campaign? (PC/NA)

I can't stand people who complain about people playing multiple factions. It's a game, people play it for fun and to play with their friends. "Faction pride" is a ridiculous concept. If AD is rolling the map to the gates, I'd rather hop on my DC alt than contribute to a faction steamrolling the map.
    Aldonius Direnni - Vet Altmer Sorc (AD)
    Tyrus Telvanni - Vet Dunmer DK (AD)
    Al Donius Bundy - Vet Imperial NB (AD)
    Aldonius Brutus - Vet Orc DK (DC)
  • God_flakes
    God_flakes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Faction pride has its place for role players, and this IS a role playing game after all. To say it's "ridiculous" isn't exactly fair.
  • RadioheadSh0t
    RadioheadSh0t
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    God_flakes wrote: »
    Faction pride has its place for role players, and this IS a role playing game after all. To say it's "ridiculous" isn't exactly fair.

So, you're saying RPers should dictate what PvP players should be able to do? That players shouldn't be able to play on multiple factions because it hurts RPers "immersion?"

People who don't care about RPing shouldn't be forced to play by the rules of RPers. I think "ridiculous" is a fair description of that idea.
  • Delimber
    Delimber
    ✭✭✭
    When I'm pvp'ing with my DC toon I'm loyal to DC, when on my EP toon, I"m loyal to EP, and when using my AD toon I'm loyal to AD...

So I just don't see what all the fuss is about. But then I don't see enemies everywhere.
    Solo PvP and PvE most of the time.
    CP 2300+
  • God_flakes
    God_flakes
    ✭✭✭✭✭

So, you're saying RPers should dictate what PvP players should be able to do? That players shouldn't be able to play on multiple factions because it hurts RPers "immersion?"

People who don't care about RPing shouldn't be forced to play by the rules of RPers. I think "ridiculous" is a fair description of that idea.

Whoa whoa whoa I'm not saying anything about dictating anything. I'm saying don't dog on us who DO have faction loyalties and express them by showing our frustration with multis.
  • RadioheadSh0t
    RadioheadSh0t
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Whoa whoa whoa I'm not saying anything about dictating anything. I'm saying don't dog on us who DO have faction loyalties and express them by showing our frustration with multis.

There's nothing wrong with faction pride. There is something wrong with using your faction pride to attack people who couldn't care less about it.

I for one have done more than enough in my time for AD, leading a guild that ran pug raids at least a couple nights a week for up until the Decibel days. And I am a proud OG AD, but when I was in Decibel, I was HAPPY to see Vehemence reroll to DC because that was one hell of a collective effort to switch factions. (Edit) Decibel even talked about rerolling DC before VE, we called it Deciblue.

And for the record, the little known pre-launch guild I ran was KQG Knights of the Queensguard (terrible name in retrospect). So I know a thing or two about "faction pride" and role-playing, yet I still couldn't care less about multi-faction players.
    Edited by RadioheadSh0t on November 29, 2016 5:45AM