The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Get the MULTI'S out of Cyrodil!

• Prabooo
    Prabooo
    ✭✭✭✭
    Delimber wrote: »
    When I'm pvp'ing with my DC toon I'm loyal to DC, when on my EP toon, I"m loyal to EP, and when using my AD toon I'm loyal to AD...

So I just don't see what all the fuss is about. But then I don't see enemies everywhere.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=tTL8maoVYTg
  • God_flakes
    God_flakes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    God_flakes wrote: »
    Faction pride has its place for role players, and this IS a role playing game after all. To say it's "ridiculous" isn't exactly fair.

So, you're saying RPers should dictate what PvP players should be able to do? That players shouldn't be able to play on multiple factions because it hurts RPers "immersion?"

People who don't care about RPing shouldn't be forced to play by the rules of RPers. I think "ridiculous" is a fair description of that idea.

Whoa whoa whoa I'm not saying anything about dictating anything. I'm saying don't dog on us who DO have faction loyalties and express them by showing our frustration with multis.

There's nothing wrong with faction pride. There is something wrong with using your faction pride to attack people who couldn't care less about it.

I for one have done more than enough in my time for AD, leading a guild that ran pug raids at least a couple nights a week for up until the Decibel days. And I am a proud OG AD, but when I was in Decibel, I was HAPPY to see Vehemence reroll to DC because that was one hell of a collective effort to switch factions. (Edit) Decibel even talked about rerolling DC before VE, we called it Deciblue.

And for the record, the little known pre-launch guild I ran was KQG Knights of the Queensguard (terrible name in retrospect). So I know a thing or two about "faction pride" and role-playing, yet I still couldn't care less about multi-faction players.

I don't have concern for most multi faction players, either. If an ad wants to come help DC and fight then I'm happy to have them. My specific annoyance is with those who abuse the system and take large groups to one side to clog the queue and then proceed to go to ic or the sewers and not assist the faction. But then I guess this is on Zos for stupidly keeping the two populAtions linked.
  • Volrion
    Volrion
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sheuib wrote: »
    I don't care.

• Hammy01
    Hammy01
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can't agree more with the OP...

Zos had to of been taking crazy pills when they made the decision to allow players to freely faction swap... There is a reason why no other mmorpg allows you do this in PVP and that is because it can be easily exploited!

• Vitaely
    Vitaely
    ✭✭✭
    To be realistic, faction swapping players has done more good to most campaigns than bad.

Keep in mind that alliance rewards are 95% useless and most faction swappers (people and guilds) will swap to the alliance that is on a losing streak for the health of the campaign. This is how it has been on all main campaigns.

I only play on AD, but this doesn't mean I wish or care for everyone sticking with one faction or not. If you can show us a real case of faction swapping that affected a campaign negatively* (maybe with the names scrambled), please do so. I can count many guilds who faction swapped for competitive purposes.

Keep in mind that, no single guild or person wants to steamroll a campaign to the point of almost everyone playing the same alliance. (Also good luck getting top 100 on that leaderboard!) We don't do this for the rewards, we do this for good, balanced PVP.

*"spai"ing is not a thing.
    Edited by Vitaely on November 30, 2016 9:05PM
    Factotum | PC NA
    AD E'lurin sNB | Curufinwë Fëanor mDK | Anaïs Le Fey mSC | Fréyja mT | Nïenna mW
    EP E'lured sNB | Vanÿa sT | Caïssä mDK
    DC E'lwing mNB
    PVE Brýnhildur mDK | E'lectra sSC | Antígone sDK | Valkýrja mNB | Yølanda sW
  • God_flakes
    God_flakes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vitaely wrote: »
    To be realistic, faction swapping players has done more good to most campaigns than bad.

Keep in mind that alliance rewards are 95% useless and most faction swappers (people and guilds) will swap to the alliance that is on a losing streak for the health of the campaign. This is how it has been on all main campaigns.

I only play on AD, but this doesn't mean I wish or care for everyone sticking with one faction or not. If you can show us a real case of faction swapping that affected a campaign negatively* (maybe with the names scrambled), please do so. I can count many guilds who faction swapped for competitive purposes.

Keep in mind that, no single guild or person wants to steamroll a campaign to the point of almost everyone playing the same alliance. (Also good luck getting top 100 on that leaderboard!) We don't do this for the rewards, we do this for good, balanced PVP.

Your Polly Anna optimism aside...spying is a thing. I am friends with a DC player who has an EP alt he logs on only to report back to DC guilds what EP is saying in zone. I'm 100% sure he'a not the first to come up with that plan.
  • Vitaely
    Vitaely
    ✭✭✭
    Your Polly Anna optimism aside...spying is a thing. I am friends with a DC player who has an EP alt he logs on only to report back to DC guilds what EP is saying in zone. I'm 100% sure he'a not the first to come up with that plan.
    Oh please, don't flatter zone chatter. The worst "spy leak" I hear about DC chatter is who is shittalking Isk*a (lol u go DC). No large movement is made public in zone chat unless it's a defense (FLASH NEWS AD IS GONNA DEFEND ALESSIA). It's the same for every alliance. The best you can get is maybe hear about what wall is being hit where maybe 15 seconds before the keep gets lit. Good job Mr spai, you did your job very well. Now good luck re-logging in before your 15 seconds are out.
    If you can show us a real case of faction swapping that affected a campaign negatively* (maybe with the names scrambled), please do so.
    Ahemm. I'm not Polly Anna, you're completely blinded by the DC side of things all. the. time.

Edited by Vitaely on November 30, 2016 9:49PM
    Factotum | PC NA
    AD E'lurin sNB | Curufinwë Fëanor mDK | Anaïs Le Fey mSC | Fréyja mT | Nïenna mW
    DC E'lwing mNB
  • Vitaely
    Vitaely
    ✭✭✭
    How about this: Instead of making lives of people who really care about healthy campaigns and their friends across all the factions really really hard, coordinate non-pug map activity off the zone chat? Hmmm?
    Edited by Vitaely on November 30, 2016 9:56PM
    Factotum | PC NA
    DC E'lwing mNB
  • scorpiodog
    scorpiodog
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey look Bob is on his red today, oh wait now he is on yellow, or was that blue.

Maybe he is spying...
    Maybe he is just being a jerk and trolling the chat...
    Maybe his friends are taking turns killing him, or maybe he just defended that keep against 20 of his guildmates all by himself and now he is Emperor!

Maybe, no definitely this was a terrible idea. What was ZOS thinking? I have heard other topics (like justice system) where ZOS says it would be "too vulnerable to exploit"... THIS IS ONE GIANT EXPLOIT.

Whatever reason it was decided to allow players to play multiple alliances in the same campaign (what was it anyway?), can't be more important than the utter garbage it has added to the validity of Alliance War.
    Once a campaign starts you should only be able to play one alliance per campaign. Being able to play more than one alliance in the same campaign at the same time has taken the already fragile integrity of Alliance War and Emperorship and tossed it totally out the window. I know this is a relatively recent change, let's just call it a bad idea and go back to the way it was please.

Even if they did limit it, cheaters could still just log into two different accounts. Lots of people have multiple accounts for those girlfriends that never got as interested as we hoped they would, lol.
  • RadioheadSh0t
    RadioheadSh0t
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This is reliant on those other guilds being foolish enough to air their strategies publicly. The best guilds aren't telegraphing where theyre going to hit, at best you might see them trying to wrangle pugs to hit something else. And no amount of spying will win an even-numbered fight.

Not to mention counter-espionage, which in ESO would be yelling "ASH" in zone but instead hitting Chalman.
    Edited by RadioheadSh0t on December 1, 2016 12:35AM
    Aldonius Direnni - Vet Altmer Sorc (AD)
    Tyrus Telvanni - Vet Dunmer DK (AD)
    Al Donius Bundy - Vet Imperial NB (AD)
    Aldonius Brutus - Vet Orc DK (DC)
  • Toast_STS
    Toast_STS
    ✭✭✭✭

This is reliant on those other guilds being foolish enough to air their strategies publicly. The best guilds aren't telegraphing where theyre going to hit, at best you might see them trying to wrangle pugs to hit something else. And no amount of spying will win an even-numbered fight.

Not to mention counter-espionage, which in ESO would be yelling "ASH" in zone but instead hitting Chalman.

You mean my Drakelowe 911 troll posts might actually be helping? Ok i'll stop then.
    VR14 DK Leaps-in-keeps
  • deevoh1991
    deevoh1991
    ✭✭✭
    EH everyone wants to get the rewards of the winning team .
    PSN GT : Divzor
  • doublestuffed
    doublestuffed
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe I like playing with and against my friends. Stupid idea all together.
    Cranking The Hog - Mag NB AD NA PC
    Baby Sauce - Temp AD NA PC
    Hysterical Paroxysm - Stam Sorc AD NA PC
    Krotch -Krickets - Stam DK EP NA PC
    Red Fingerpaint - Magsorc EP NA PC
    Warm Regards - Stamplar EP NA PC
  • God_flakes
    God_flakes
    ✭✭✭✭✭

If spying isn't a thing, why is it foolish for guilds to discuss strats in zone ?
  • Master_Kas
    Master_Kas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hello I'm Kas and I'm a multi.

Sounds better than faction hopping rat atleast :neutral:
    EU | PC
  • Delimber
    Delimber
    ✭✭✭
    So are the spies getting AP for all the intel they provide...and if so how much...a new way to farm AP perhaps.
    Solo PvP and PvE most of the time.
    CP 2300+
  • Master_Kas
    Master_Kas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    So are the spies getting AP for all the intel they provide...and if so how much...a new way to farm AP perhaps.

I don't know what kind of sad person really "spies" on the other factions in this game.

Factionhopping when you want to kill people in your alliance, or when populations are bad fine. Or just having chars in each faction and playing with friends from all factions , sure.

But spying etc. What's the point now when there is so little players in Cyro that you know most of them by name.

Perhaps it was a thing back when it was more players in PvP, but atm I don't see the point of spying.
    EU | PC
  • Delimber
    Delimber
    ✭✭✭
    Master_Kas wrote: »

I don't know what kind of sad person really "spies" on the other factions in this game.

Factionhopping when you want to kill people in your alliance, or when populations are bad fine. Or just having chars in each faction and playing with friends from all factions , sure.

But spying etc. What's the point now when there is so little players in Cyro that you know most of them by name.

Perhaps it was a thing back when it was more players in PvP, but atm I don't see the point of spying.

Agreed. The only time a spy/traitor is a problem is when they hand over a scroll. But even then, it's only temporary. Next week it'll be another faction gaining control of the scrolls and the cycle continues.
    Solo PvP and PvE most of the time.
    CP 2300+
  • RadioheadSh0t
    RadioheadSh0t
    ✭✭✭✭✭

If spying isn't a thing, why is it foolish for guilds to discuss strats in zone ?

Because the best guilds don't want the pugs following them around, in fact they often go out of their way to avoid them.
    Aldonius Direnni - Vet Altmer Sorc (AD)
    Tyrus Telvanni - Vet Dunmer DK (AD)
    Al Donius Bundy - Vet Imperial NB (AD)
    Aldonius Brutus - Vet Orc DK (DC)
  • God_flakes
    God_flakes
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Because the best guilds don't want the pugs following them around, in fact they often go out of their way to avoid them.

True. The best guilds make calls to tell pugs where to go and usually they listen. I actually hate using that word when describing DC soldiers. Most nights our solo soldiers make us proud.
  • Lokey0024
    Lokey0024
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thought this was about multiboxing toons. Suprised i havent seen that yet. Multiboxed templars would be a knightmare, or gankblades
  • Talcyndl
    Talcyndl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I only play one faction, but this change was necessary because there simply aren't enough campaigns on the PC. Sucks, but that's the reason.
    Tal'gro Bol
    PvP Vice Officer [Retired] and Huscarl of Vokundein
    http://www.legend-gaming.net/vokundein/
  • RinaldoGandolphi
    RinaldoGandolphi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sadly it's too late for this

Back in the beta they caved and allowed the "any race in any faction stuff" which was really a very poor business decision for them.

Caldwell Silver and Gold was designed to allow each faction to visit the others thus the original designs was to lock accounts to a single faction.

It was a bad business decision for them because they gave up potential sales. Want to play on another alliance? Buy another account...most of those who will complain about this in this thread would buy another account if it was the only way to swap alliances thus ZOS would have another revenue stream...it's comical how horrible of a business and sales decision that was....it probably cost them a few million dollars easily.

That being said, that horse is dead and changing it now is pointless leave it be..faction pride died in the betas with any race any alliance
    Rinaldo Gandolphi-Breton Sorcerer Daggerfall Covenant
    Juste Gandolphi Dark Elf Templar Daggerfall Covenant
    Richter Gandolphi - Dark Elf Dragonknight Daggerfall Covenant
    Mathias Gandolphi - Breton Nightblade Daggerfall Covenant
    RinaldoGandolphi - High Elf Sorcerer Aldmeri Dominion
    Officer Fire and Ice
    Co-GM - MVP

Sorcerer's - The ONLY class in the game that is punished for using its class defining skill (Bolt Escape)

"Here in his shrine, that they have forgotten. Here do we toil, that we might remember. By night we reclaim, what by day was stolen. Far from ourselves, he grows ever near to us. Our eyes once were blinded, now through him do we see. Our hands once were idle, now through them does he speak. And when the world shall listen, and when the world shall see, and when the world remembers, that world will cease to be. - Miraak

• SneaK
    SneaK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hate it. I think it contributes to empty and zergy campaigns, overall has made Cyrodiil worse.
    "IMO"
    Aldmeri Dominion
    Bosmer Nightblade AR 32 - Altmer Templar AR 26 - Dunmer Dragonknight AR 18 - Altmer Sorcerer AR 20 - Khajiit Dragonknight AR 18
    (+3 not worth mentioning, yet)
  • AbraXuSeXile
    AbraXuSeXile
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The game was more fun when people cared about campaigns with faction pride to win the campaign, Cyrodiil is boring generic and no one really cares who wins and loses.
    AbraXuS
    Grand Overlord Rank 50 [First EU]
    Clan Leader of eXile
    Gaming Community - Est. 1999
    Crashing an EP Wedding | DK Emp | 1vX | Between Enemy Lines | Hate Video | 5 v Many

• Highstake
    Highstake
    ✭✭✭
    SneaK wrote: »
    They should just remove Daggerfall and Ebonheart from the game.

i beg ur pardon, but "should"?? Sounds like an authoriter dictator. Try to use "could". That gets closer to what u/we/i deserve/can get. Even tho blues are better pvp organized. Even tho when they jump into their yellow toons.
  • Neoakropolis
    Neoakropolis
    ✭✭✭
    I like it. Sometimes PvP is completely dead on one alliance, swapping to another for the sake of good PvP is nice.

I don't like it.. If you have been around since the days of troll camps, you would know why... How did they fix it? Take out camps for several months then put them back in with a *** tiny radius.. All we asked for was to have a name on them or option only for group/guild only..
  • Ishammael
    Ishammael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This is the deadest horse on the forums.
    Has been argued since beta.
    Regardless of what you think or desire, players have been able to play any alliance they wished since launch.
    In fact, there were several high profile guild switches in PC NA that I believe truly helped extend the life of PvP.

At any rate, I actually agree with abraxus here:
    The game was more fun when people cared about campaigns with faction pride to win the campaign, Cyrodiil is boring generic and no one really cares who wins and loses.

Although I think the loss of desire to win is directly caused by the zero reward structure for winning.
  • Manoekin
    Manoekin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The only reward for winning ever was and likely will be the trolling afterwards. It doesn't matter how well you play for 1/3 of the day if you're outnumbered pushed back to tri keeps the other 2/3 of the day you are going to lose. If there was a substantial reward for winning the campaign, and I gave a damn, I'd be pretty upset going into campaigns if my faction didn't have around the clock coverage. The only time rewards like that should be given is in BG's where you participate 100% of the time rather than a third or less of the time.
  • Yolokin_Swagonborn
    Yolokin_Swagonborn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is no realm pride in this game or incentive to stay in one alliance.

All that matters is AP and bragging rights. This setup encourages multi-faction players and blobspam cancer guilds to keep swapping alliances.

As much as I am annoyed by some of these people, I'm afraid this is a hate the game not the player type situation