The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

@ZOS any chance of XP gain get turned off (blackwater reasons)

• Rikumaru
    Rikumaru
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Valencer wrote: »
    pieratsos wrote: »
    Wollust wrote: »
    Sounds as if you just want even easier fights against new players.

Yet all of you complaining that PVP has no skill involved. So explain me again how is one shotting people with light attacks or wiping groups with one button in azuras and TF is harder than killing players by actually using ur abilities.

With the new battle levelling system they added a year ago it's also easier than ever to get a huge advantage over most players in that campaign. Just craft purple gear for every 2 levels, bonus points if you go the extra mile and find some on-level set jewelry too. If you think most newbies try to or are even able to compete with that, you're wrong.

If you think you need gear leveled every 2 levels to compete with top players you're wrong. You can stand toe to toe with an emperor whom isn't a potato and also has gear crafted with upto like 8 levels outdated gear. I don't know a single person who runs yellow gear in non-vet atm.
    Overload rework. Power Overload now does physical damage and grants you the power of a tornado: You throw a brick at the target with a light attack, and you hammer your head into that brick with every heavy attack. We have decreased its Ultimate cost, but increased the chance that you get stuck in the animation.
  • pieratsos
    pieratsos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ufretin wrote: »
    pieratsos wrote: »
    Having experienced players in BwB is actually teaching new players about the game. Even by just fighting them cause they get an idea of what they are going up against in vet.

Stupid me! I always thought certain "experienced players" were roof-camping, using gap-closer exploits, stealing scrolls, dropping them into lava, etc. for their own selfish entertainment. Turns out I couldn't have been more wrong. They're actually doing it to prepare new players for the hardships they're about to face in vet pvp. Let's thank those helpful people for taking up this burden and for their service to society!

Btw: Who said the purpose of a beginner campaign has to be to "prepare" new players for any vet campaign? How about a beginner campaign that's actually enjoyable for new players?

Learn to read genius. I didnt say they want to teach new players. I dont care about teaching new players even tho i actually do it when they ask nicely. Im playing to have fun but the thing is fighting those players is actually teaching them of what you can possibly do in this game. I know its hard for you to understand but keep trying you'll get it eventually. And go back to farming your coldharbour fire ballistas to shoot 2 players with your zerg while spamming barriers for your "unselfish personal entertainment". Im sure this is the best lesson for any new player. But lets just leave all that here and stay on topic. If you want to discuss this further im happy to answer you on the BwB thread.
    Edited by pieratsos on November 21, 2016 3:58PM
  • Adenoma
    Adenoma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just to echo @Ultimate_Overlord , I've primarily played BwB on PC/NA and formed a somewhat notorious wedding dress-wearing guild on AD out of new players to ESO. At this point it does feel weird calling them new players because everyone in our regular playgroup has been that way and improving for a solid six months. I think that I've gained most of my technical skill in BwB. When I've played vet small groups it's been either my pants killing people or my destro ult mowing folks down and it doesn't feel fun.

I like that BwB has none of the degenerate sets and you really have to focus on play. Yes, I'm a lot better geared than most, but gear doesn't get you out of all situations - it just lowers time to kill. I really like that BwB feels like old PvP where you had to choose between being tanks, sustaining, and DPS.

All this said, XP caps are dumb and someone like me who twinks their characters would grossly abuse it. What we need is for scaling to be restored to enchantments, food/drink, and potions. Additionally, I really think that they need to make it so the effects of leveling reducing your stats are a bit tempered, and they need to scale all equipment and enchants regardless of quality to a gold temper level. It is a shame that since I or anyone else have the money to gold gear we have a huge advantage over new players.

First and foremost I want a level playing field that doesn't immediately disadvantage new players based on finances.
    Adenoma-Badenoma-Sadenoma
  • pieratsos
    pieratsos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Adenoma wrote: »

All this said, XP caps are dumb and someone like me who twinks their characters would grossly abuse it.

What you dont get is that you already do it anyway. You already have the best gear, you already make the best possible builds. Xp gains do not punish you in any way. The only thing they do is wasting your time by making you create another character every few days. It does however punish every average player in the campaign who dont have the gold to keep their gear up to date therefore making it almost impossible for them to be competitive with you. Stopping xp gains will make it very easy for every player to be competitive.
    Edited by pieratsos on November 21, 2016 7:31PM
  • bellanca6561n
    bellanca6561n
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As I read many of these characterizations of Blackwater Blade I can hear Neil Young singing Sugar Mountain.
  • Adenoma
    Adenoma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @pieratsos , I do get what you're saying, I just disagree with your methodology of fixing the imbalance. I've proposed other options that I think can ameliorate the stresses of scaling better than a makeshift stop-at-48 fix. You are correct that I'll just continue to min/max all my characters, but I'd love that to be easier for other players to be competitive.

Stopping XP gains just turns this into a lame version of vet-lite. I like the fact that from level 30ish to 50 I have to develop a character who does not have certain skills available to vet players. I think my least favorite part of the campaign is when I've gotten to the point where I no longer am developing a character.

Additionally, when I reroll I very rarely roll the same build again and again like some folks. I like to experiment and keep life exciting.
    Edited by Adenoma on November 21, 2016 7:50PM
    Adenoma-Badenoma-Sadenoma
  • pieratsos
    pieratsos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Adenoma wrote: »
    @pieratsos , I do get what you're saying, I just disagree with your methodology of fixing the imbalance. I've proposed other options that I think can ameliorate the stresses of scaling better than a makeshift stop-at-48 fix. You are correct that I'll just continue to min/max all my characters, but I'd love that to be easier for other players to be competitive.

Stopping XP gains just turns this into a lame version of vet-lite. I like the fact that from level 30ish to 50 I have to develop a character who does not have certain skills available to vet players. I think my least favorite part of the campaign is when I've gotten to the point where I no longer am developing a character.

Additionally, when I reroll I very rarely roll the same build again and again like some folks. I like to experiment and keep life exciting.

No its not going to be like vet. You cant exactly make a build that has everything like in vet. You still have to make choices. If u like developing ur character no one is forcing you to stop xp gains for urself. Its optional. And the whole point of this discussion is to stop the xp gains so you dont have to reroll every few days. Not how to achieve balance. The fact that it will be easier to be competitive is a bonus and not a downside as everyone seem to think.
  • Ultimate_Overlord
    Ultimate_Overlord
    ✭✭✭
    Doesnt really matter whether its an option to turn off xp or a 30-40% xp reduction in cyro, but something has to be done about this. Its not fun when you get 2 lvls per day of pvp so you barely even get to enjoy your character when the build is complete. Who even requested the extra xp in cyro? Im actually curious, it seems like just another addition nobody asked for.
    Also, battle lvling needs some adjustments as well, its quite discouraging when you lose 400 weapon dmg from 1 lvl up. Gear needs to give its full stat value for 10 lvls, maybe even make it automatically scale to gold regardless of its quality. The way it is right now is very newbie-unfriendly.
  • Ultimate_Overlord
    Ultimate_Overlord
    ✭✭✭
    @Rikumaru yeah right you just need heavy armor and vitality pots :P
    Edited by Ultimate_Overlord on November 21, 2016 11:23PM