The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

How do I stop the chat window popping open all the time?

Whispergleam
Whispergleam
Soul Shriven
Apologies if this has already been asked - I've searched quite extensively and none of the threads I've found seem to address my specific problem. Every time I interact with anything in game, use the menu, or come within a certain proxmity of another player, the chat window pops out. It's extremely distracting. Is there a way to lock it so that it only opens when I click on it/interact with it deliberately? Ideally I'd like to be able to disable it altogether but I imagine that's asking too much. Either way if anyone can help me out here I'd appreciate it, it's really getting on my nerves. Thanks! :)
  • Lashiing
    Lashiing
    ✭✭✭
    that little triangle in the bottom left
    also wykkyd Enhanced Chat addon
    PC/NA ― Dancing Jesters

AD – Khajiit Nightblade – Dps – lucif'r
    AD – Altmer Sorcerer – Dps – Trove Scamp
    AD – Dunmer Dragonknight – Dps – Lashiing
    AD – Altmer Templar – Dps – Six-teen
    DC – Redguard Sorcerer – Dps – Cunnїng Scamp

vMA • vDSA • vAA HM • vHRC HM • vSO HM • vMoL
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ideally I'd like to be able to disable it altogether but I imagine that's asking too much. Either way if anyone can help me out here I'd appreciate it, it's really getting on my nerves. Thanks! :)

Its actually easy to "disable it" Just uncheck all the types of Chat that it will show you and you will never see the window again.

I think, you can even make a new channel and uncheck everything, then have other channels with some types of chat checked (zone, say, guild etc). So, then for chat free play, just select the channel that does not have any thing checked, and then for chatty play, select the channel that has something checked.

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Whispergleam
    Whispergleam
    Soul Shriven
    Awesome, thanks so much for the help guys! :)