Maintenance for the week of May 20:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 20
• NA megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• EU megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC) https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/658773

Removal of Proc Sets from PvP Confirmed!

• Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DHale wrote: »
    They never ever said this. Forum warriors.... sigh.

Yeah, if you read the thread you'll see that we all know they never said this.
    Options
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Minalan wrote: »
    Are you looking into the issue where Infernal Guardian will fire on stealthed and hidden players, or fire through walls? You only need to be in combat, and everyone and everything becomes a fair target. I've killed people inside of keeps. I've killed people on top of towers. I reveal stealth players all of the time. It's broken.

Believe me when i say: You don´t want infernal guardian fixed.

If infernal gets fixed (los check) it will no longer procc on stealth. That means it has a higher uptime when you want to be offensive (and have to be visible).
    If it gets a los check the user will also be able to create situations (by using line of sight) where infernal guardian only has one available target - making it much more controllable and powerful.

If infernal gets a working los check it´s gonna be hands down the most brokenly op set in the entire freaking game (just imagine 5 sorcs using it on top of a tower where only ppl actually at the top get targetted (not templars at the bottom of the tower, or guards or anything).

Infernal guardian with a los check will be broken op in the hands of a player who knows how to move around a stone.
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

Options
  • Koolio
    Koolio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Derra wrote: »
    Are you looking into the issue where Infernal Guardian will fire on stealthed and hidden players, or fire through walls? You only need to be in combat, and everyone and everything becomes a fair target. I've killed people inside of keeps. I've killed people on top of towers. I reveal stealth players all of the time. It's broken.

If infernal gets fixed (los check) it will no longer procc on stealth. That means it has a higher uptime when you want to be offensive (and have to be visible).
    If it gets a los check the user will also be able to create situations (by using line of sight) where infernal guardian only has one available target - making it much more controllable and powerful.

If infernal gets a working los check it´s gonna be hands down the most brokenly op set in the entire freaking game (just imagine 5 sorcs using it on top of a tower where only ppl actually at the top get targetted (not templars at the bottom of the tower, or guards or anything).

Infernal guardian with a los check will be broken op in the hands of a player who knows how to move around a stone.

Shhhhhhhhh!!!!!!
    Options
  • Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

So true, and as an IG user, I hope it's on the list of proc sets included in the rework plans...whatever those are.
    Fun to think about though...go into a tower and there's no where for anyone in there with you to escape the splash damage. Or that little closet sized area on a bridge. Those mortars are good damage, especially when 3 hit someone right in the face and they have no hope of dodging it.
    Edited by Sandman929 on November 17, 2016 8:46PM
    Options
  • timidobserver
    timidobserver
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Proc sets are not being removed from PVP... we have other ideas and when we've tested them, we will share the changes.

Next major update or incremental patch?
    V16 Uriel Stormblessed EP Magicka Templar(main)
    V16 Derelict Vagabond EP Stamina DK
    V16 Redacted Ep Stam Sorc
    V16 Insolent EP Magicka Sorc(retired)
    V16 Jed I Nyte EP Stamina NB(retired)

Options
  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

I hear you.

However as much as I (and everyone else) dislike night blades, they shouldn't be targeted by this ability while hidden.

It shouldn't go through walls, inside keeps, or behind crenellations on a wall.

If an enemy LOS' you, should they still get hit from this behind a tree or rock?

It currently does all of those things and it just q'feels' more broken now than if we fix LOS for it. It's already extremely strong in a 1v1 since the fire
    Bombs have nowhere else to target.
    Options
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sandman929 wrote: »

So true, and as an IG user, I hope it's on the list of proc sets included in the rework plans...whatever those are.
    Fun to think about though...go into a tower and there's no where for anyone in there with you to escape the splash damage. Or that little closet sized area on a bridge. Those mortars are good damage, especially when 3 hit someone right in the face and they have no hope of dodging it.

It´s a fun idea - but the set would get annihilated by wrobels rebalancing faster than you can say proctatoe :joy:
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

Options
  • Docmandu
    Docmandu
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Sounds almost like a certain stamina set.... veli...
    Options
  • Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Docmandu wrote: »

Sounds almost like a certain stamina set.... veli...

It's super Veli if LOS focused all that damage. It would hit everyone in a closed space 3 times.
    Options
  • Tyvarra
    Tyvarra
    ✭✭✭
    Proc sets are not being removed from PVP... we have other ideas and when we've tested them, we will share the changes.

I dont care what it is, DO IT and do it NOW.

No srsly more and more ppl are tired of pvp. Some dont even log in anymore. I lose my gaming buddies, I lose my fun evenings and you are not even telling us WHEN you are doing sth about that. I'm more than disappointed...

You broke it, now fix it pls! Asap.

Cheers
    Please fix the game!
    Options
  • dsalter
    dsalter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

hopefully it's the idea i threw out once regarding CD between damage based procs and buff procs so you cant stack to many :)
    PLEASE REPLY TO ME WITH @dsalter otherwise i'm likely to miss the reply if its not my own thread

EU - [Arch Mage Dave] Altmer Sorcerer
    Fight back at the crates and boxes, together we can change things.

Options
  • Kutsuu
    Kutsuu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    dsalter wrote: »

hopefully it's the idea i threw out once regarding CD between damage based procs and buff procs so you cant stack to many :)

Yeah I'm sure they will put your name in the credits to thank you for your unique idea.
    PC/NA

Envy Me - Sorc
    Kutsus - NB
    Kutsmuffin - Temp
    Kutsuu the Destroyer - NB
    Kutsuu - Temp
    Natsu Dragoneel - DK
    Kutsumo - NB
    Options
  • arkansas_ESO
    arkansas_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Just saying, a lot of us wouldn't mind it if you did just remove proc sets. Just putting that out there.

Grand Overlord 25/8/17
    Options
  • SkylarkX
    SkylarkX
    ✭✭✭✭

Pls don't wait until next major update fam, put an end to the procsanity!
    Nocturnal - Oceanic PvX Guild
    Skylärk / Dunmer DK
    Skylårk / Bosmer NB
    Skylörd / Khajiit Sorcerer
    Elizabeth Skylark / Breton Templar
    PC/NA/AD
    Options
  • Unsent.Soul
    Unsent.Soul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Odd... the OP hasn't been around since Rich posted...

Hmmm

Options
  • Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Hmmm

OP is cool by me, at least ZOS responded to this troll post if that's what it was. Now we know for certain that at some point something is getting done in some way to proc sets. Sleep tight, everyone.
    Options
  • Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The next move is for someone to post something very specific that absolutely is going to happen with proc sets...maybe it'll get refuted and we can narrow down the mystery.
    Options
  • Kutsuu
    Kutsuu
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Hmmm

OP is cool by me, at least ZOS responded to this troll post if that's what it was. Now we know for certain that at some point something is getting done in some way to proc sets. Sleep tight, everyone.

Yeah most likely because he claimed that a community manager had said it in an interview. FYI there have been other dev posts saying they were working on it - one from November 11th for example. I think it's kinda bad news that they responded to the troll post instead of closing it. It encourages people to post BS false information just to get ZOS replies.
    PC/NA

Envy Me - Sorc
    Kutsus - NB
    Kutsmuffin - Temp
    Kutsuu - Temp
    Natsu Dragoneel - DK
    Kutsumo - NB
    Options
  • Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kutsuu wrote: »

Hmmm

Yeah most likely because he claimed that a community manager had said it in an interview. FYI there have been other dev posts saying they were working on it - one from November 11th for example. I think it's kinda bad news that they responded to the troll post instead of closing it. It encourages people to post BS false information just to get ZOS replies.

Sometimes it seems like it takes BS false information just to get replies. They've got a banner up at the top of the forums and at the login of the game. They could post and pin something to the top of this forum and then people will stop asking. We ask because we like the game. Addressing the issues that are brought up repeatedly in the forums in a thorough manner will cut down on a lot of repeated posts.
    Options
  • silky_soft
    silky_soft
    ✭✭✭✭✭

So you just going to nerf them by 50%? Then by 50% again and then 50% that it could proc its self to nerf 50% more?
    Here $15, goat mount please. Not paying 45 : lol :
    Netch is free with a cleanse and free magika. You nerf siphon into the ground. Nice balance team.
    How do you go home every night and say, I did a great job at work today. You actually do your job properly.
    Step 1: roll templar. Step 2: level up jabs. Step 3: slap on weapon damage build. Step 4: que for bg. Step 5: leap...jabsjabsjabsjabs
    Options
  • Mojmir
    Mojmir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    silky_soft wrote: »

So you just going to nerf them by 50%? Then by 50% again and then 50% that it could proc its self to nerf 50% more?

All I get from rich's post is: nerf them in pve and break them more in pvp.
    Options
  • Stamden
    Stamden
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This. One proc set it fine. Stacking them is the problem.

I really, really hope they don't screw up stuff like Tremorscale. As a stam DK I can actually have burst. Not every class get suprise attack spam unfortunately.
    PC NA

~Currently taking a break from the game until my DK can become something more than just a crafter~
    Options
  • Kutsuu
    Kutsuu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Neighbor wrote: »

I really, really hope they don't screw up stuff like Tremorscale. As a stam DK I can actually have burst. Not every class get suprise attack spam unfortunately.

Surprise Attack spam is not burst. It does around 15% more damage than Puncture morphs with the same weapon damage. Burst for a stam NB usually consists of a heavy attack cancelled by an ultimate followed by a finisher. (Heavy > Incap > Killer's Blade for example). Proc sets complicate this since many NBs now just spam surprise attack until their procs line up and you die - but don't mistake that for Surprise Attack being the thing doing burst damage.
    PC/NA

Envy Me - Sorc
    Kutsus - NB
    Kutsmuffin - Temp
    Kutsuu - Temp
    Natsu Dragoneel - DK
    Kutsumo - NB
    Options
  • arkansas_ESO
    arkansas_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

And stam NBs don't get Major Mending like stam DKs do, it's called class diversity. Also, I'm assuming you're running sword and shield if you're using Tremorscale? In which case of course you shouldn't have burst, you're using the most defensive-focused weapon.

Grand Overlord 25/8/17
    Options
  • Jaronking
    Jaronking
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Actually tremorscale is broken since you can't taunt players it shouldn't do any damage to a player.So yes they should fix tremorscale.
    Options
  • Stamden
    Stamden
    ✭✭✭✭✭

And stam NBs don't get Major Mending like stam DKs do, it's called class diversity. Also, I'm assuming you're running sword and shield if you're using Tremorscale? In which case of course you shouldn't have burst, you're using the most defensive-focused weapon.

Yes but burst damage is the only thing that matters in PvP. At 561 in a meta where everyone is in Black Rose heavy, most people easily hit the resource management to heal through crappy DoTs. Even with proc sets you often have to line up something like CC + Tremor + Flawless + Executioner and hope the enemy screws up.

Back to endless duels though.. fun.
    PC NA

~Currently taking a break from the game until my DK can become something more than just a crafter~
    Options
  • arkansas_ESO
    arkansas_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes but burst damage is the only thing that matters in PvP. At 561 in a meta where everyone is in Black Rose heavy, most people easily hit the resource management to heal through crappy DoTs. Even with proc sets you often have to line up something like CC + Tremor + Flawless + Executioner and hope the enemy screws up.

Back to endless duels though.. fun.

That's more an issue of resource management and defense being trivial, not stam DKs lacking damage.

Grand Overlord 25/8/17
    Options
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I see people disagree with me, but I don;t want proc sets removed from PvP because they make for a variety of playstyls, builds, and strategies. What I want is the removal of getting hit with 3 simultaneous damage procs. So I prefer @ZOS_RichLambert 's news to the OP's rumor-mongering.
    Options
  • UppGRAYxDD
    UppGRAYxDD
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Hmmm

So to get answers from devs we need to troll....interesting
    "Stendarr's mercy be upon you, for the vigil has none to spare."
    Options
  • Cronopoly
    Cronopoly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm still believing the best option is Tiering Damage types from sets so Tier's of the same type can not proc at the same time. Cooldown ofc. At least 3 tiers depending on effect/damage. Of course in this mechanic a Tiers 1, 2, and 3 could proc at the same time.

example...
    Procs:
    Tier 1 - High Burst/DD
    Tier 2 - Dots etc...
    Tiuer 3 - mixture CC/KD etc...

This way Viper / Velidreth and others cannot proc at the same time gibbing someone off of a damn light attack.
    Edited by Cronopoly on November 18, 2016 8:13AM
    Options