The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Removal of Proc Sets from PvP Confirmed!

• Francescolg
    Francescolg
    ✭✭✭✭
    So... where is the confirmation?
    lol :*
    Options
  • Izaki
    Izaki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I see people disagree with me, but I don;t want proc sets removed from PvP because they make for a variety of playstyls, builds, and strategies. What I want is the removal of getting hit with 3 simultaneous damage procs. So I prefer @ZOS_RichLambert 's news to the OP's rumor-mongering.

^ This guy gets it ^
    @ Izaki #PCEU
    #FrenchKiss #GoneFor2YearsAndMyGuildDoesn'tRaidAnymore
    #MoreDPSthanYou
    #Stamblade
    Options
  • ScooberSteve
    ScooberSteve
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think the should allow people to use 4 proc sets ao us newer players keep up with everyone else
    Options
  • Aistis1990
    It would be so cool :) Let's say you could not equip these items in pvp areas :P So you can use all normal sets anywhere and not have them useless. More set pieces as shoulder and helmet goes as extra set piece ... I like it ;)
    Options
  • Knootewoot
    Knootewoot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    So when will we, the customers, learn about the ideas?
    ٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
    "I am a nightblade. Blending the disciplines of the stealthy agent and subtle wizard, I move unseen and undetected, foil locks and traps, and teleport to safety when threatened, or strike like a viper from ambush. The College of Illusion hides me and fuddles or pacifies my opponents. The College of Mysticism detects my object, reflects and dispels enemy spells, and makes good my escape. The key to a nightblade's success is avoidance, by spell or by stealth; with these skills, all things are possible."
    Options
  • SwaminoNowlino
    SwaminoNowlino
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Knootewoot wrote: »
    So when will we, the customers, learn about the ideas?

No ETA
    Xbox NA : CP 160 StamPlar, MagNB, MagSorc, StamSorc, StamDK, StamNB, Level 10 MagDK & MagPlar, StamWarden, MagWarden

"We want firing off Dark Exchange in the middle of combat to feel awesome." - The Balance Lord Wrobel
    - And now it sure does, better learn how to bash folks!

I get by with a little help from logic.
    Options
  • LegacyDM
    LegacyDM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MickeyBN wrote: »
    Hey ZOS! Add this to the end of the tooltip for proc sets, are you ready? Here goes...

"Deals 60% less damage in Cyrodiil."

TA DAAA!! PvE'rs don't need to break out the Kleenex and PvP'ers can no longer one shot anyone.

Problem solved.

This wouldn't work. Some sets currently do significantly less damage then others. Grothdarr for example, it deals straight elemental damage over time. With 100 points in elemental/magic cp the tooltip on my Breton is around 2600. Cut that in half with battle spirit that's about 1300 damage a tick before armor mitigations and resistances kick in. Now reduce it another 60% and it's only doing 520 damage before resists. Your solution would basically nerf a monster set into uselessness before resists even kick in. 520 damage a tick isn't even worth a tickle. I think grothdar, and skoria, are in a good spot right now.

Tremorscale, valedreth, Selene, viper, widow maker, infernal guardian, and malubeth, all need to be toned down.

Zos needs to take a discretionary approach to fixing proc sets not a one size fits all nerf hammer.
    Edited by LegacyDM on November 30, 2016 10:46PM
    Legacy of Kain
    Vicious Carnage
    ¥ampire Lord of the South
    Options
  • Frondale
    Frondale
    ✭✭✭
    I paid good money from the gold vendor for my Gold Viper Rings. Paid 500ap and bought second for 250 gold. For me that was not cheap as I had not much AP built up. I trust you ZOS will honor my payment in a meaningful way and every other person who purchased them. There is no money back guarantee on this purchase.

If they remove any of the procs too much then we may as well all lie down in a row like ducks and just let the Sorc Ulti and Templar poo jabbers steam train over the top of us.

Yes I have a Veli/ Viper set but hey I still die. I am not invincible. I am not even an awesome PVPer. I am not asking for anything to get nerfed, in fact I am sick of the nerf this and nerf that. I like so many just need to learn to play till I get better at counter attacking.

So many changes all the time, how does one keep up and settle into getting better when you need to relearn way too much.

Options
  • ScooberSteve
    ScooberSteve
    ✭✭✭✭
    Frondale wrote: »
    I paid good money from the gold vendor for my Gold Viper Rings. Paid 500ap and bought second for 250 gold. For me that was not cheap as I had not much AP built up. I trust you ZOS will honor my payment in a meaningful way and every other person who purchased them. There is no money back guarantee on this purchase.

If they remove any of the procs too much then we may as well all lie down in a row like ducks and just let the Sorc Ulti and Templar poo jabbers steam train over the top of us.

Yes I have a Veli/ Viper set but hey I still die. I am not invincible. I am not even an awesome PVPer. I am not asking for anything to get nerfed, in fact I am sick of the nerf this and nerf that. I like so many just need to learn to play till I get better at counter attacking.

So many changes all the time, how does one keep up and settle into getting better when you need to relearn way too much.

Its people like you thats what is wrong with pvp. Wont spend any ap on siege or repair kits too busy saving for ap vendor items and at the same time stealing other peoples siege
    Edited by ScooberSteve on December 1, 2016 1:05AM
    Options
  • Thrasher91604
    Thrasher91604
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And this is why these forums are trash. Just a bunch of trolls and cry babes, posting zero useful information.

Except for reading dev posts, I am done here.
    Options
  • HoloYoitsu
    HoloYoitsu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

This is going to sound harsh, but you need to hear it for your own good: learn to play.
    • Anyone who claims they need proc sets to fight against non proc sets is a complete potato. What you need is not proc sets handing you free damage for breathing every 4 seconds, you need to improve your personal skill.
    • Saying you still die doesn't mean anything. Just as I can post this without using proc sets -
      ZKBzLZJ.png
      - and say "well I don't die, so proc sets are fine". It wouldn't be true, because whether or not you die to procs or whether or not you die as a proc set user is immaterial. The problem is that proc sets add an inherently unbalanced aspect to combat that has no place in a healthy PvP environment.
    • Telling me you paid a bunch of AP for it so ZOS is obliged to not nerf it is asinine. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume this is your first ever mmo, but what do you have to say to the people who invested tons into other over performing sets over the past 2.5 years, only to have them nerfed? Stuff like Twin Sisters? I would hope you would have the integrity to agree that the overall health of the game you play is more important than you getting to keep your over performing shiney toy.
    Edited by HoloYoitsu on December 1, 2016 2:26AM
    Options
  • Frondale
    Frondale
    ✭✭✭

Its people like you thats what is wrong with pvp. Wont spend any ap on siege or repair kits too busy saving for ap vendor items and at the same time stealing other peoples siege[/quote]

Hi ScooberSteve,

What you have assumed is actually completely and utterly wrong of my character.

I have been taught the proper etiquette of PVP actually by a couple of very good guilds from the very start of the game.
    I always carry at least 5 or 6 of each siege, I always carry forward camps and repair stones/wood for keeps. I NEVER steal other peoples sieges.
    I ALWAYS have my own. I run 2 to 3 sieges at a time depending on circumstances.

So please, making assumptions that you have that I leech is not ok.

I worked hard to grind the AP for my Viper ring and kept myself stocked with sieges the whole time.

Fron
    Options
  • llllADBllll
    llllADBllll
    ✭✭✭
    All Damage Proc sets will change to a DoT in my opinion which can be cleansed. You heard it predicted here first....
    CRAFTMASTER - DAGGERFALL EU XBOX ONE

GAMERTAG - DJANTBOWMAN

Tamriel Trading Company Guildmaster
    Options
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Frondale and I spent tons on my gold nirnhoned swords and staffs, but guess what too @$!#ing bad.

Just because you spent gold on an item doesn't mean a thing.

Edit: and I think them becoming a DoT is a horrid idea, I dunno where that idea came from but I hope it doesn't happen.
    Edited by Waffennacht on December 1, 2016 3:06AM
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
    Options
  • LegacyDM
    LegacyDM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Frondale and I spent tons on my gold nirnhoned swords and staffs, but guess what too @$!#ing bad.

Just because you spent gold on an item doesn't mean a thing.

Edit: and I think them becoming a DoT is a horrid idea, I dunno where that idea came from but I hope it doesn't happen.

Why not? Many sets are dots and work fine. You can still stack dots and dot sets to do good damage...
    Legacy of Kain
    Vicious Carnage
    ¥ampire Lord of the South
    Options
  • ScooberSteve
    ScooberSteve
    ✭✭✭✭
    The good thing about eso is that it requires some skill to play. Proc sets were just a step in the wrong direction.
    Options
  • Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't know what to say besides buyer beware. When the proc sets started rolling out in full force, I don't know how anyone could look at it and think this was the future of good PvP and that it would never get nerfed. But if you dove head first into the high damage/low skill meta and spent more than you're comfortable losing...well, that's a shame, because ZOS is clearly planning to do something about these sets and it's probably not going to be something that will make you happy with your purchase.
    Options
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    OK, new signature...

#Savetheguars
    Sarcasm is something too serious to be taken lightly

I was born with the wrong sign
    In the wrong house
    With the wrong ascendancy
    I took the wrong road