The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Help with DK build (procsy, procsy)

Xvorg
Xvorg
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
Since the current meta is to proc everything, is time to get on the bus... So I've been theorycrafting something but a bit far from those cookie cutter builds (wanna use my brain, at least once)

I've been thinking about combining this 3 sets with a DK/templar (being DK the first option)

d1caba1f43c54a7bb0e4b1af299492ca.png

8b621c787d8448ba887cd96fe90ad1a6.png

3b32cc1fbbb841f98de205b61c37d126.png

5 pieces heavy (perma), 1 medium + 1 light. Trinimac's jewelry and s/b or DW as weapons

The first bar should be something like this:

burning embers/flame lash
Burning talons
Deep breath/draw essence
Fragmented shield
Dampen magic

U Replenishing/reviving barrier

Seconds bar? I have no idea.

The thing is, I want to use shields in a offensive (trinimac's, infernal guardian, fragmented explosion) and defensive way (shields itself, extra health regen through trinimac's, health/magicka return through the ulti), while doing some dmg class skills. Nevertheles, I'm not sure about the ofensive skills, I know I need something to do dmg and regain health. Maybe burning embers is enough (cheap and quite fast), but whip is a good option, though I'd need a root to make it work.

The second doubt has to do with the use of heavy over light armor. Light armor with a shield is a good option and increases a lot my penetration, consiering it is not a ranged build (so no flame staff), but heavy incrases healing received and max health (wich is good for fragmented shield) and if I run out of magicka, I have certain survaibility

Obviously, with a templar the build is easier, but I don't want to be just another templar using blaze shield

Any ideas to make it work, or reasons why it wouldn't work?

Thanks
Edited by Xvorg on November 17, 2016 3:33PM
Sarcasm is something too serious to be taken lightly

I was born with the wrong sign
In the wrong house
With the wrong ascendancy
I took the wrong road
That led to the wrong tendencies
I was in the wrong place at the wrong time
For the wrong reason and the wrong rhyme
On the wrong day of the wrong week
Used the wrong method with the wrong technique
  • SolarCat02
    SolarCat02
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Trinimac's Valor will only proc for shields on others, not yourself. I like the set, but it's only really useful for Dragonknight healers or Sorcerers with pets. It procs on other players, sorcerer pets, and NPCs (but not Crown store pets or NPCs). So keep that in mind.
    The stacked regeneration from this set is awesome. It can help offset from using some heavy armor, especially if you use permafrost jewelry so only go two pieces of heavy

Since you want melee, Dragonknight is a great class for that.
    The Burning Embers skill works as advertised, and I highly recommend it.
    Inhale and its morphs are also a good self-heal for dealing with groups; in PvE that is my healer's self heal when mobbed, although I don't think it is quite so effective in PvP.
    Whip is very popular, so I imagine it's a good one as well or it wouldn't be used half as often as now. My Dragonknight is a healer, not DPS, so I don't have personal experience.

Just a few thoughts to add to your own.
    Edited by SolarCat02 on November 17, 2016 4:07PM
    Why be normal when you can be better?

Elissandra Ravenwing, Magicka Dragonknight Healer
    Lady Kalila, Stamina Templar DPS
    Stands-in-Danger, Nightblade Saptank
    Zalarah, Stamina Dragonknight DPS
  • DRXHarbinger
    DRXHarbinger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Trinimac is trash. Just use dampen it'll fire off infernal every 6s without issue. Makes it a very effective 30k attack on a static target,good aoe for parked trash. Just use spellweave or Julianos with guardian and a lit staff and drop dots and hold trigger after popping shield and it's immense damage. I mean actual stupid damage.
    PC Master Race

1001CP
    8 Flawless Toons, all Classes.
    Master Angler
    Dro-M'artha Destroyer (at last)
    Tamriel Hero
    Grand Overlord
    Every Skyshard
    Down With BOP!
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Trinimac is trash. Just use dampen it'll fire off infernal every 6s without issue. Makes it a very effective 30k attack on a static target,good aoe for parked trash. Just use spellweave or Julianos with guardian and a lit staff and drop dots and hold trigger after popping shield and it's immense damage. I mean actual stupid damage.

Interesting.

Actually 5pcs trinimac is a choice due to the magicka regen, but 4 pcs trini with a frost staff is an option too. Nevertheless, Seducer's 4 pieces are the same than trinimac.

Other options I've been looking for are
    - Affliction
    - Akaviri DG
    - Elf Bane
    - Rattlecage
    - Robes of the hist
    - lich
    - Sun
    - warlock
    - WMK
    - seducer
    - Spectre's eye