The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Explain to me exactly how stamina nightblades are cheesy

• SilentBoomstick
    SilentBoomstick
    ✭✭✭
    Kutsuu wrote: »
    NB is one of the few classes that can play cheesy even in medium armor without proc sets.

The following video will probably trigger many of you. It certainly triggered my subscribers.

My build uses full impen and Serpent mundus - you could really pump up the damage with Divines and Shadow.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PyyMGkC0pIY

Obviously these people were were medium or light armor otherwise their health would not have dropped so fast.
    Options
  • Kutsuu
    Kutsuu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NB is one of the few classes that can play cheesy even in medium armor without proc sets.

The following video will probably trigger many of you. It certainly triggered my subscribers.

My build uses full impen and Serpent mundus - you could really pump up the damage with Divines and Shadow.

Obviously these people were were medium or light armor otherwise their health would not have dropped so fast.

You are wrong, many of those guys were Black Rose+Viper users. Do you have a heavy armor setup? I'll be glad to show you in game - it would be perfect if you have a BR+Viper+Tremorscale "meta" build. Like I said, I have very high penetration.
    Edited by Kutsuu on November 15, 2016 4:08PM
    PC/NA

Envy Me - Sorc
    Kutsus - NB
    Kutsmuffin - Temp
    Kutsuu the Destroyer - NB
    Kutsuu - Temp
    Natsu Dragoneel - DK
    Kutsumo - NB
    Options
  • Izaki
    Izaki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hey man, just because you can't kill/gank people doesn't mean NB sucks.
    @ Izaki #PCEU
    #FrenchKiss #GoneFor2YearsAndMyGuildDoesn'tRaidAnymore
    #MoreDPSthanYou
    #Stamblade
    Options
  • Destyran
    Destyran
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cloak and 9m uppercuts out of stealth.
    Options
  • Takes-No-Prisoner
    Takes-No-Prisoner
    ✭✭✭✭✭

No triggering here, that is pretty much what my ganking looks like. And if I don't OHKO them they are too stunned to react(or lagging). Though I'm using Divines all medium with Thief mundus.

I disagree, Like how the guy in the vid was performing, it can be done to people wearing heavy armor. I've dropped those folks just as fast.

Its the armor pen + empower + divines / mundus stone of chioce + Assassin's skill tree passives + medium armor buffs that allow that to happen.
    Edited by Takes-No-Prisoner on November 15, 2016 4:42PM
    Options
  • Kutsuu
    Kutsuu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I setup my ganking build with the specific goal of being able to insta-gib heavy armor proc set users who average around 25k hp.

Basically it goes Spriggan + Kra'gh + Sharpened + Mace. Since I'm not applying major fracture on the initial gank, the mace gives full benefit. So let's say a dude has 20k armor (pretty normal for heavy armor and 1h/shield running unbuffed on their horse). 20,000*0.80 = 16,000 - 5000 - 4000 - 2000 = 5000. So a 20k armor heavy armor user only has 5000 armor to protect them against my heavy attack + Ambush + Incap.

Spriggan is on the 2h bar (3 jewelery + 1 armor + 2h mace), and Clever Alchemist is on the bow bar (bow + 4 armor), Kra'gh + Kena/Veli. You buff, potion+magelight, and wind up a heavy attack on the bow bar - then you use weapon swap to fire the heavy attack and immediately ambush. The Ambush and Heavy attack will hit around 30-100ms of each other (less than 1/10th of a second), then your Incap strike will hit within 1/2 a second of the Ambush. The heaviest targets might need a follow up killer's blade or surprise attack but most are toast.

The mace just gets stronger against higher armor, but even against medium armor people with ~13k armor, it gives about the same damage that a Sword would so it's rarely a loss.
    Edited by Kutsuu on November 15, 2016 5:21PM
    PC/NA

Envy Me - Sorc
    Kutsus - NB
    Kutsmuffin - Temp
    Kutsuu - Temp
    Natsu Dragoneel - DK
    Kutsumo - NB
    Options
  • exeeter702
    exeeter702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    exeeter702 wrote: »
    ToxicPAWS wrote: »
    What does comes to your mind when you say the word- NIGHTBLADE? A warrior with his beautiful chain mail and sword & board, yoloing in the massive enemy group and come out victorious? I'm sure answer is a big g NO. You'll visualise a medium sized agile, fast, super sneaking , get in get out kind of ninja who attacks from shadows and vanishes back into them.
    In TESO they have been given a new name (not really new in MMOs) GANKER. Well that's how it is. People need to deal with it and the class has been given the tools for such gameplay. We can qq all day wether cloak should be back to its formal self or not but it's very much an important tools of a NIGHTBLADE. There are players out there who excelled at this game play and to name a few like Zergbad, sribes etc...and they made the gameplay look so easy and for those wondering ...they did 1vs X but in their own way...and to date it's still being done by so many...

Yes! PROC sets have made it difficult for other classes to survive the already existing burst but again, that's what it's all about...kill before the dead one can even realise what happened...so qq all you want. NB will and should use the PROC sets as long as DK and Templar will use Brickwall builds with inf resource management and huge damage taking capabilities...

My 0.2$....( yes it's 20 cents not 2, I'm rich to spare another 18)

A night blade is a warrior that harnesses the power of darkness. Taking advantage of shadowy magic, and malefic sorcery, sucking the life of enemies and using illusion to gain the upper hand.

You see what I just did there? A heavy armor life draining sap tank, or a fearing ranged life stealing, control mage is just as much a night blade in my book. People need to stop forcing rigid mmo stereotypes onto the FOUR classes in this game. A night blade is not a rogue. It can be if built that way, but it is is not exclusively intended to be a stealth ganking rogue. Every class in this game is more then it's basic thematics suggest.

But I digress..... cloak could use some love, but don't use it as a sticking point for what you think the night blade should revolve around.

A nightblade is not a rogue..... you realize nightblades have a class skill-line called Assassination right?.. a skill-line that is all about stealth ganking...

Your point?

That most people who pick up nightblades are using them for the rogue playstyle. Sure there are other playstyles but the assassination skill-line suggests they want you to play like a rogue. Thats my point.

Oh ok, so we are basing an entire class archetype on a single skill line. A skill line that doesn't even possess the most iconic ability that suits a stealthy ganking rogue.

No one ever said that, and frankly no one is so daft to not understand, that night blades make incredible stealth gankers and roguish like game play builds. That fact that you are reducing a class to a single archetype like such is incredibly naive and dismissive. Especially in a game that only possesses 4 base classes, with a broad and universal skill system, you would be foolish to shoehorn them into singular roles / archetypes.

Templars should only heal? Because there is a skill like called "resorting light" even though said skill line has one of the most impetant tools for a templar tank?

Hell, how do you even label a sorcerer that doesn't want to go magicka then? Clearly they are intended to be summoners...
    Options
  • Takes-No-Prisoner
    Takes-No-Prisoner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I use 5pcViper 5pcSpriggain til i can get a sprig weap. Not nearly as much weap damage as Clever, however I'm sitting on 36k Stam and 2.6k weap damage on bow most of the time.

I have a poison thats part of the bow rotation:

Magicka Posion XI

-60 % Stamina
    -60% Magicka
    +8% Damage to the target

This set has come within a hairs reach of 0-Death comboing an Emperor on our server, said emp is MagTemp Heavy/S&B user with the lava around you magic proc set.
    Edited by Takes-No-Prisoner on November 15, 2016 5:35PM
    Options
  • Kutsuu
    Kutsuu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I use 5pcViper 5pcSpriggain til i can get a sprig weap. Not nearly as much weap damage as Clever, however I'm sitting on 36k Stam and 2.6k weap damage on bow most of the time.

This set has come within a hairs reach of 0-Death comboing an Emperor on our server, said emp is MagTemp Heavy/S&B user with the lava around you magic proc set.

Yeah that's a good choice, especially with Kra'gh as your spare 1-piece slot. Viper is certainly very good for this style of build and I'm only not using it because people keep claiming it's impossible without Viper. I'm also using 2 monster pieces because I'm kinda reserving the ability to use Velidreth, despite not using it most of the time.
    PC/NA

Envy Me - Sorc
    Kutsus - NB
    Kutsmuffin - Temp
    Kutsuu - Temp
    Natsu Dragoneel - DK
    Kutsumo - NB
    Options
  • Takes-No-Prisoner
    Takes-No-Prisoner
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah that's a good choice, especially with Kra'gh as your spare 1-piece slot. Viper is certainly very good for this style of build and I'm only not using it because people keep claiming it's impossible without Viper. I'm also using 2 monster pieces because I'm kinda reserving the ability to use Velidreth, despite not using it most of the time.

All Viper is, is Clever alchemist procing ever 4 seconds. The problem with Clever is cooldown on potion. Whereas, Viper when I open up with Mage Light + HA Bow--> Viper procs on the first hit. So I can double dip damage all in one shot.

I use to run Clever, I like it a lot personally, however for PvP it was too slow to rearm(mainly just the potion part). Where I find myself in PvP, I need to have my equipment armed and ready at a moments notice.
    Edited by Takes-No-Prisoner on November 15, 2016 5:39PM
    Options
  • GreenSoup2HoT
    GreenSoup2HoT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ToxicPAWS wrote: »
    What does comes to your mind when you say the word- NIGHTBLADE? A warrior with his beautiful chain mail and sword & board, yoloing in the massive enemy group and come out victorious? I'm sure answer is a big g NO. You'll visualise a medium sized agile, fast, super sneaking , get in get out kind of ninja who attacks from shadows and vanishes back into them.
    In TESO they have been given a new name (not really new in MMOs) GANKER. Well that's how it is. People need to deal with it and the class has been given the tools for such gameplay. We can qq all day wether cloak should be back to its formal self or not but it's very much an important tools of a NIGHTBLADE. There are players out there who excelled at this game play and to name a few like Zergbad, sribes etc...and they made the gameplay look so easy and for those wondering ...they did 1vs X but in their own way...and to date it's still being done by so many...

Yes! PROC sets have made it difficult for other classes to survive the already existing burst but again, that's what it's all about...kill before the dead one can even realise what happened...so qq all you want. NB will and should use the PROC sets as long as DK and Templar will use Brickwall builds with inf resource management and huge damage taking capabilities...

My 0.2$....( yes it's 20 cents not 2, I'm rich to spare another 18)

A night blade is a warrior that harnesses the power of darkness. Taking advantage of shadowy magic, and malefic sorcery, sucking the life of enemies and using illusion to gain the upper hand.

You see what I just did there? A heavy armor life draining sap tank, or a fearing ranged life stealing, control mage is just as much a night blade in my book. People need to stop forcing rigid mmo stereotypes onto the FOUR classes in this game. A night blade is not a rogue. It can be if built that way, but it is is not exclusively intended to be a stealth ganking rogue. Every class in this game is more then it's basic thematics suggest.

But I digress..... cloak could use some love, but don't use it as a sticking point for what you think the night blade should revolve around.

A nightblade is not a rogue..... you realize nightblades have a class skill-line called Assassination right?.. a skill-line that is all about stealth ganking...

Your point?

That most people who pick up nightblades are using them for the rogue playstyle. Sure there are other playstyles but the assassination skill-line suggests they want you to play like a rogue. Thats my point.

Oh ok, so we are basing an entire class archetype on a single skill line. A skill line that doesn't even possess the most iconic ability that suits a stealthy ganking rogue.

No one ever said that, and frankly no one is so daft to not understand, that night blades make incredible stealth gankers and roguish like game play builds. That fact that you are reducing a class to a single archetype like such is incredibly naive and dismissive. Especially in a game that only possesses 4 base classes, with a broad and universal skill system, you would be foolish to shoehorn them into singular roles / archetypes.

Im not reducing the nightblade class to a single archtype (rogue). I was stating most people do play rogue type playstyles and that the class-skill lines and passives nightblades get do heavily point players in that direction. I was not dismissing the fact you can build a nb into a tank, healer or life sapping mage. Your the naive one to even think i would believe nightblades can only play as rogues. Were playing ESO, the game where you can do whatever you want.

I honestly dont no why you are going on such a tangent right now. Nightblades have a lot of build variety and its true they can build for many things... rogues being highly encouraged.

PS4 NA DC
    Options
  • Darnathian
    Darnathian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Edziu wrote: »
    Darnathian wrote: »
    Giving the Nightblade a passive that increases their max stamina by 8% when there's an assassination ability would be more than fair. We also need some form of a healing buff as well. Templars get the strongest heals, a purge, and an offensive shield; DKs have the strongest defense, incredible self healing (Stam DK > Stamplar), and have the best CCs in the game; Sorcs are top dog in the realm of damage shields, and have the best escape in the game; Nightblades have the best 1vX CC in the game, but have nothing for defensive properties outside of cloak which is only effective against crappy players (much like spamming ambush over and over).

Here's the thing, in terms of burst the Nightblade and magicka sorc are top dogs; however unlike the sorc, we don't have a reliable means of defense. ZOS really needs to give us something in terms of stronger healing or survivability.

Id rather nb be the class with the worst healing and relie on dodging and being very hard to target.

If nbs got are cloak purge back, we would be fine.

Absolutely not. If u feel that slot purge. That skill was OP and completely neutralized a class on its own. Magicka DKS.

Without cloak purge now you have a class that cant even compete against a couple dots unless they build like a wanna-be dk red guard in heavy armour. Mag dks with skoria or grotharr can melt medium nbs like nothing.

Back in the day mag dk was neutralized sure but now there is a 100 more ways to neutralize cloak. Reapplying dots isnt hard either. It doesn't have to take off negative effects either, just dot's. That's ill i ask.

Templars have purge, Dk's have shields with major mending, Sorcs have dark deal and surge. In my opinion, nbs need this cloak purge to be at least a little competitive while in medium Armour. It may be hard to justify in this proc heavy meta we live in but thats why i said earlier that a lot of adjustments would need to occur before this change to cloak was even considered.

All those dots cost way more to reapply than that one skill. Ithe reset fights and put the Magic DK immediately on the defense and with less resources available. Sorry but if NBs don't want to build more sustain then that's on them. If you try your burst and fail then it's the other players turn. Not press one button and reset.

If the put purge back to where it was the pots and whips need to be reverted as well my friend

how about purge cost hmm 6k? magica on stamblade while have 12k max magica? vigor heal ticks under 2k crit and 1k non crit + rally burst heal for this 5-7k only once per 10-15 sec?

Yes. I am well aware. So cloak and retreat and purge. That would be a fair solution. Not press one button and not only gain the advantage offensively but remove all dots. LIke I said before you can get the purge dots again but to balance it would have to revert the potion nerf and the Dodge whip nerf to give mag DKs a chance.
    Edited by Darnathian on November 16, 2016 6:58PM
    Options
  • Mauz
    Mauz
    ✭✭✭
    You are wrong, many of those guys were Black Rose+Viper users. Do you have a heavy armor setup? I'll be glad to show you in game - it would be perfect if you have a BR+Viper+Tremorscale "meta" build. Like I said, I have very high penetration.

I think the point of the op was that ganking is the only thing a stamina nb can do.

Options
  • SilentBoomstick
    SilentBoomstick
    ✭✭✭
    Yes. I am well aware. So cloak and retreat and purge. That would be a fair solution. Not press one button and not only gain the advantage offensively but remove all dots. LIke I said before you can get the purge dots again but to balance it would have to revert the potion nerf and the Dodge whip nerf to give mag DKs a chance.

Then what about the fact that there are other classes that do not need to enter cloak to get all their health back with their instant heals? It sounds so dumb how anybody can think that this is an op ability while there are other classes that do not need to hide themselves like cowards. Let's nerf the heals and bring back softcaps if you do not want to see this ability get a buff again. Then I will call it even.
    Options
  • GreenSoup2HoT
    GreenSoup2HoT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Mauz wrote: »

I think the point of the op was that ganking is the only thing a stamina nb can do.

Id say when you talk about stamina specifically.. you can build for ganking, dk wanna-be or sustain medium 2h bow.

Id say the biggest issue is that most specs have a way to completely counter cloak. Templars snare caltrops thingy, Stam sorcs Hurricane, Dks Talons, Nb's could mark. All aoes and so on.

If a nightblade cant cloak when the pressure gets to hot your dead unless you build wanna-be dk (blackrose, siphoning attacks, s+b).

Thats why DoT purge is being requested. Instead of giving nbs better heals, give medium users purge since these wanna-be dk builds dont need it.

Magicka has ward stack and has no problem with dots.

Medium blade is very nice dont get me wrong but when the pressure is on you basically gotta run away to heal and hide or else your dead. Which is why so many are ganking.
    Edited by GreenSoup2HoT on November 16, 2016 8:11PM
    PS4 NA DC
    Options
  • Darnathian
    Darnathian
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Then what about the fact that there are other classes that do not need to enter cloak to get all their health back with their instant heals? It sounds so dumb how anybody can think that this is an op ability while there are other classes that do not need to hide themselves like cowards. Let's nerf the heals and bring back softcaps if you do not want to see this ability get a buff again. Then I will call it even.

Easy. Your need to work a debuff into your build/rotation.
    Options
  • Kutsuu
    Kutsuu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My 2h+DW and 2h+1h/s dueling/open world builds are pretty strong, but a DK or Sorc does almost all of it better at this point. IMO the choices for a highly efficient nightblade right now are Stamina Ganker and Magicka - while Magicka has a lot of flexibility to be a bomber/ganker or a slippery open world brawler/duelist. Of course people act like Magicka NBs are terrible, but it's my favorite solo setup for Cyrodiil.
    PC/NA

Envy Me - Sorc
    Kutsus - NB
    Kutsmuffin - Temp
    Kutsuu - Temp
    Natsu Dragoneel - DK
    Kutsumo - NB
    Options
  • thankyourat
    thankyourat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My 2h+DW and 2h+1h/s dueling/open world builds are pretty strong, but a DK or Sorc does almost all of it better at this point. IMO the choices for a highly efficient nightblade right now are Stamina Ganker and Magicka - while Magicka has a lot of flexibility to be a bomber/ganker or a slippery open world brawler/duelist. Of course people act like Magicka NBs are terrible, but it's my favorite solo setup for Cyrodiil.

I think what you said about stamblade is the same with magblade, yea you can build a pretty strong build but it's nothing a magsorc couldn't do better unless you want to be a bomber or ganker. I love to play magblade in open world Cyrodiil, but I know if I fight a mag dk and he's a competent player it's best to just run away lol.
    Options
  • Takes-No-Prisoner
    Takes-No-Prisoner
    ✭✭✭✭✭

^^^^ Same MagNB is such bae in Cyrodiil 1.0
    Edited by Takes-No-Prisoner on November 16, 2016 8:41PM
    Options
  • Takes-No-Prisoner
    Takes-No-Prisoner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Id say when you talk about stamina specifically.. you can build for ganking, dk wanna-be or sustain medium 2h bow.

Id say the biggest issue is that most specs have a way to completely counter cloak. Templars snare caltrops thingy, Stam sorcs Hurricane, Dks Talons, Nb's could mark. All aoes and so on.

If a nightblade cant cloak when the pressure gets to hot your dead unless you build wanna-be dk (blackrose, siphoning attacks, s+b).

Thats why DoT purge is being requested. Instead of giving nbs better heals, give medium users purge since these wanna-be dk builds dont need it.

Medium blade is very nice dont get me wrong but when the pressure is on you basically gotta run away to heal and hide or else your dead. Which is why so many are ganking.

Not gonna lie, I ran into those same 3 conclusions for my StamNB

Either be;

[*] Bows-From-Keeps

[*] Wannabe-DK

[*] Hit and Run guy[gank]

I wanted to try Wannabe DK.....................on my StamNB... but I have a StamDK 1.0 It's like whats the point if I have a DK ready for that already? Just Gear swap and go off and play in the fires of Cyrodiil.

Greensoup quit thinking like me pls 1.0
    Edited by Takes-No-Prisoner on November 16, 2016 8:49PM
    Options
  • GreenSoup2HoT
    GreenSoup2HoT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Not gonna lie, I ran into those same 3 conclusions for my StamNB

Either be;

[*] Bows-From-Keeps

[*] Wannabe-DK

[*] Hit and Run guy[gank]

I wanted to try Wannabe DK.....................on my StamNB... but I have a StamDK 1.0 It's like whats the point if I have a DK ready for that already? Just Gear swap and go off and play in the fires of Cyrodiil.

Greensoup quit thinking like me pls 1.0

Your the one thinking like me not the other way around ;)
    PS4 NA DC
    Options
  • Lewandowsky
    Lewandowsky
    ✭✭✭
    I think the next time my max CP gold/purple DPS build alch/viper stam NB fails to be able to dps someone outnumbered 1:5 with massiv heals (despite disease debuff) and perma blockI'm going to uninstall. I'm losing my mind with the new endurance tank-oh-BTW-i-can-proc builds. i have not been able to adapt; surely a large part of it is me but not all of it. totally re-equipped my lady but stayed with medium. my stam nb has become useless
    Options
  • zuto40
    zuto40
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Let me sum nightblades up for ya, we can do anything, but we excel at nearly nothing, some of you might argue that we are the best gankers, and yes we are very deadly with it, but i think a magplar is better, maybe not at the escape but the kill for sure, nothing hurts more then getting hit with a dark flare>javelin>radiant anyone not expecting it will die unless theyre full tank, or a magplar wiping unsuspecting groups with eye of the storm, jabs, and grothdarr, dark flare before leaping in and heal debuff everyone, no ones surviving a good magplar gank without some luck
    Stamblade- Legate
    Tank/Heals Templar- Sergeant
    Magic DK- Corporal
    Stam DK- Sergeant
    Stamplar- Corporal

YouTube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCy8uqORxhlrMh8oz2230s9g
    Options
  • Lewandowsky
    Lewandowsky
    ✭✭✭
    I setup my ganking build with the specific goal of being able to insta-gib heavy armor proc set users who average around 25k hp.

Basically it goes Spriggan + Kra'gh + Sharpened + Mace. Since I'm not applying major fracture on the initial gank, the mace gives full benefit. So let's say a dude has 20k armor (pretty normal for heavy armor and 1h/shield running unbuffed on their horse). 20,000*0.80 = 16,000 - 5000 - 4000 - 2000 = 5000. So a 20k armor heavy armor user only has 5000 armor to protect them against my heavy attack + Ambush + Incap.

Spriggan is on the 2h bar (3 jewelery + 1 armor + 2h mace), and Clever Alchemist is on the bow bar (bow + 4 armor), Kra'gh + Kena/Veli. You buff, potion+magelight, and wind up a heavy attack on the bow bar - then you use weapon swap to fire the heavy attack and immediately ambush. The Ambush and Heavy attack will hit around 30-100ms of each other (less than 1/10th of a second), then your Incap strike will hit within 1/2 a second of the Ambush. The heaviest targets might need a follow up killer's blade or surprise attack but most are toast.

The mace just gets stronger against higher armor, but even against medium armor people with ~13k armor, it gives about the same damage that a Sword would so it's rarely a loss.

why do you bother with magelight? there's a bunch of different buffs you went with the one the increases spell ratings? u're knocking it out of the park with it i'm just missing something. not the fighters guild instead? or mirage or grim focus?
    Options
  • Lewandowsky
    Lewandowsky
    ✭✭✭
    and it looks like u have no latency between attacks. when i try that kind of swap and gap closer add another 1/2 sec to my clock. shoulda done console i guess
    Options
  • GreenSoup2HoT
    GreenSoup2HoT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

why do you bother with magelight? there's a bunch of different buffs you went with the one the increases spell ratings? u're knocking it out of the park with it i'm just missing something. not the fighters guild instead? or mirage or grim focus?

Using mage light gives you Empower +20% more damage on your next attack.
    PS4 NA DC
    Options
  • acw37162
    acw37162
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    acw37162 wrote: »
    The toolkit for NB's is so strong

Cloak, and no it should not get its DOT cleanse back
    Summon Shade - essientally a teleport and best minor maim be buff going
    Surprise Attack - single target huge instant direct damage
    I would say Incap Strike but really three useful ultimates one that does ridiclious and it ridicliously cheap
    Ultimate Regen
    The ability to stack crit or stack health on with class skills on a bar thanks to a rather amazing suite of class passive
    Ambush - best gap closer in the game, for like four reasons, period.

Sounds a lot like your play style is not meshing well with your setup well. Don't know.

I personally had to leave NB for awhile and come back to it after playing other classes to realize how much better it was designed the at least two of the other classes.

Have you ever even played a nightblade before?

Cloak is a joke. It's too unreliable because people have so many ways of pulling you out of stealth plus the amount of magicka it costs to cast it with a maximum magicka pool of 14k with tri stat food, I'd have to say you couldn't be more wrong.

Summon shade is meaningless AGAIN THIS GOES BACK TO US HAVING TO AVOID DAMAGE. We have to avoid damage, we cannot take damage. Does this make any sense at all?

My surprise attack when I buff up says it hits for 13k and I have a lot of armor penetration by use duel maces and sharpened, plus 30 cp into armor penetration. However it does literally like no damage to so many people nowadays because they are walking around with 30k resistance.

Incapacitating strikes is a joke. Do not even talk about how overpowered the healing debuff is because people are no longer affected by this ability. It's almost as if they completely ignore the debuff (or they probably do). When I buff up it says it does 20k damage.

Now let's talk about magicka dragonknights and how much burst, sustain, and overall flexibility this class has in this update. What about templars and their powerful heals? Or even sorcerers which are still highly playable if they have good resource management. What about nightblades? Well I guess all we have is crappy self heals, terrible survive-ability, bad sustain, and also having a hard time killing people. Now I am more than aware about all this animation cancelling and whatever, or these proc sets which I would never use. However it feels like no matter how much effort you put into a nightblade it would never be enough.

Edit: Not to mention how frequently people dodge my ultimate. I stopped using it when I realized how much of a joke this ability is for pvp.

I have read and reread this post multiple times.
    I have written out four different detailed well though out responses.
    I have written two snarky as hell responses and deleted all six although I think they are saved in my drafts.

Here is a simple fact night blades are urber strong in PVP and PVE.

Here is another fact; you like to complain, a lot. Night blades have a plethora some of the strongest skills in the game you have laundry lists of complaints about these skills.

Good luck and god bless, brother.

Options
  • Kutsuu
    Kutsuu
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Grim Focus and Shuffle are already on my bar. Magelight procs Might of the Guild - IE EMPOWER.
    PC/NA

Envy Me - Sorc
    Kutsus - NB
    Kutsmuffin - Temp
    Kutsuu - Temp
    Natsu Dragoneel - DK
    Kutsumo - NB
    Options
  • Kutsuu
    Kutsuu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    and it looks like u have no latency between attacks. when i try that kind of swap and gap closer add another 1/2 sec to my clock. shoulda done console i guess

I am playing on PC, as you can clearly see with the addons. You use the weapon swap to fire the bow heavy attack (you do not let go of the button), then press ambush. They will almost always hit at the same time unless you're lagging out at the time or something.
    PC/NA

Envy Me - Sorc
    Kutsus - NB
    Kutsmuffin - Temp
    Kutsuu - Temp
    Natsu Dragoneel - DK
    Kutsumo - NB
    Options
  • Takes-No-Prisoner
    Takes-No-Prisoner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    zuto40 wrote: »
    Let me sum nightblades up for ya, we can do anything, but we excel at nearly nothing, some of you might argue that we are the best gankers, and yes we are very deadly with it, but i think a magplar is better, maybe not at the escape but the kill for sure, nothing hurts more then getting hit with a dark flare>javelin>radiant anyone not expecting it will die unless theyre full tank, or a magplar wiping unsuspecting groups with eye of the storm, jabs, and grothdarr, dark flare before leaping in and heal debuff everyone, no ones surviving a good magplar gank without some luck

I actually got OHKO by a EP MagTemp in Sewers once. Meteor>Jabs>RD and they got me right when I was going around a sharp corner LOL Couldnt react at all
    Options