The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Free Play Weekend

• kylewwefan
    kylewwefan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You do realize that it's a 65 gb files to download. I don't expect a lot of people to be jumping on that. I couldn't see asking any of my friends to do it. They would need to be able to start downloading it now to play by the weekend.
  • Textual_Sphinx
    @SantieClaws

I'm glad you managed to catch my red-hot dance moves in that video Santie!
    PSN ID: Textual_Sphinx

PS4 VDSA World First
    PS4 VMA World First
  • elias.stormneb18_ESO
    What's that motif the high elf is wearing? Looks pretty cool.

Sorry off topic lol

The Ebony style. It's not available as a motif yet, but some NPCs wear it and the armour set "Ebon Armory" comes in that style.
  • Nemeliom
    Nemeliom
    ✭✭✭✭
    MissBizz wrote: »
    Did you also see that there is going to be a crown sale?? Oooh yeeeh

Where did you read that from?
    Baradur Morker - Level 50 Bosmer Nightblade
    Le-Duck - Level 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight
    Boom-Stormer - Level 50 High Elf Sorcerer
    Nemeliom the Great - Level 50 Redguard Warden
    Crazy Little Maggie - Level 50 High Elf Templar
  • murmur
    murmur
    ✭✭✭
    Loicozor wrote: »
    let's make 10 alt account and gain a free guild bank this weekend

Tried that last time, that fun ended pretty fast...

"Greetings,

It has recently come to our attention that your guild reached the guild bank threshold through the inclusion of multiple accounts with free weekend keys, and that many of these free accounts appear to be duplicate accounts. Please be aware that creating multiple free accounts to get access to guild storage is not intended behavior, and is disruptive to the game service. As such, we have disbanded this guild.

Thank you for your understanding."

...so my advice is to do something better with your time than making free accounts for nothing.
  • Loicozor
    Loicozor
    ✭✭✭
    murmur wrote: »
    Loicozor wrote: »
    let's make 10 alt account and gain a free guild bank this weekend

Tried that last time, that fun ended pretty fast...

"Greetings,

It has recently come to our attention that your guild reached the guild bank threshold through the inclusion of multiple accounts with free weekend keys, and that many of these free accounts appear to be duplicate accounts. Please be aware that creating multiple free accounts to get access to guild storage is not intended behavior, and is disruptive to the game service. As such, we have disbanded this guild.

Thank you for your understanding."

...so my advice is to do something better with your time than making free accounts for nothing.

OMG they ruined my plan :'( and u get back ur item or ur ****?
    AFK Officer of eXile Corp [DC - PC - EU] CP 1000+

Loicozor MagDK Lvl50 AR 49 Grand ScrubLord
    Loiicozorr MagBlade Lvl50 AR25 BombLord
    Loicozzorr Stamplar Lvl50 AR 24 JabLord
    Loicozorr StamBlade Lvl50 AR 23 ProcLord
    Loiicozzor StamSorc Lvl50 AR17 RapidLord
    Loiicozor StamDK Lvl50 AR13 SlackLord
    Loicozzor MagSorc Lvl50 AR13 PveLord
    Loiicozzorr Healplar Lvl50 AR13 PveLord
    Loicozerg The Fabulous StamDK Lvl50 AR2 SlackLord
    Legendary Smallscalozor MagSorc Lvl 50 AR2 SlackLord
    Exploitozor Exile MagDen Lvl 50 AR2 SlackLord
    Loicozerg Exile StamDen Lvl50 AR2 SlackLord
    Big Boss The Shiny ScrubHealplar Lvl50 AR10 AD
    Gankozor exile Stamblade Lvl50 AR11 EP
  • scorpiodog
    scorpiodog
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I tried to do a free play with another game and yeah, it took almost the whole free play weekend to download the game and so it was pretty much a waste of time and bandwidth.

Hopefully ZOS will let people download before the free play period so they can actually play the game and not spend the whole "free play" downloading the game.

On a lighter note, will any of you feel guilty using your proc sets in Cyrodil during this time?
  • Afafrenferr
    Afafrenferr
    ✭✭✭
    You'll get 500 crowns so you buy all this stuff from the crown store!!!!

You can buy a hat....
    you can get a nice.... hat.
    PC/NA
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yay, I have a working graphics card for this one! :D
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

PC/NA ROLLBACKS AND BAN NOTIFICATIONS ANNOUNCEMENT.

Loremaster’s Archive open for questions!
  • Acrolas
    Acrolas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The size is making it harder and harder for casual participation, especially when you can grab a new retail box of the original pre-TU game off eBay for $10 or so.

And if you're doing this to enter the sweepstakes, the mail-in entry requires no logged play time (or at least provides no legal obligation to). Just print, complete, and mail:

https://esossl-a.akamaihd.net/contest/postcard-en.pdf
    signing off
  • Junipus
    Junipus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    scorpiodog wrote: »
    I tried to do a free play with another game and yeah, it took almost the whole free play weekend to download the game and so it was pretty much a waste of time and bandwidth.

Hopefully ZOS will let people download before the free play period so they can actually play the game and not spend the whole "free play" downloading the game.

On a lighter note, will any of you feel guilty using your proc sets in Cyrodil during this time?

You can download the game right now I believe (PC) or from today/tomorrow on console. Even with a basic connection, providing there's no data cap, you can download it by Friday if you leave it on continuously.
    The Legendary Nothing
  • vyndral13preub18_ESO
    vyndral13preub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    500 free crowns! Woot! Half costumes for everyone!
  • catsgomeow
    catsgomeow
    ✭✭✭
    500 free crowns! Woot! Half costumes for everyone!

To keep it in the spirit of things a shall not wear any pants for the entire weekend.
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates !
  • Pandorii
    Pandorii
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can you buy mimic stones for 500 crowns? step 1. make new account. step 2. buy mimic stones and a cheap fancy motif. step 3. make fancy armor, trade to crafter, and decon for fancy tradeable style material. step 4. repeat = profit?

Edit: I'd say tainted blood from Assassin League style has the greatest return to investment value. The motifs are as cheap as 500 gold and the style material sells for like 5k (on PS4).
    Edited by Pandorii on November 16, 2016 5:20AM
  • Grymmoire
    Grymmoire
    ✭✭✭✭
    *Sighs*

There goes the neighborhood.
  • Enslaved
    Enslaved
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    So, if anyone on PC want to try out ESO he is forced to do it trough steam?
  • SaRuZ
    SaRuZ
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hilarious this isn't on XB1. Greedy microsoft. Atleast we won't see a huge influx of players like we did after 1T dropped. It's tapered off now.
  • borgking
    borgking
    ✭✭✭
    ESO FREE PLAY WEEKEND – PLAYSTATION 4 & PC/MAC.....

Even though this doesn't affect me as I'm a subscriber...I find this offer a disgrace that XBOX players are not included...in fact to pose a question...are XBOX players 2nd rate users?

Are the hundreds of thousands of XBOX players deemed not worthy of this offer? or have I completely not fully read the declaration and somewhere in teeny weeny print, the offer is there for XBOX players?
    I presume that in big bold letters at the top of the article it states only PS/PC users, that it is what it is!

Favouritism is definately a worrying trait with Zenimax.
  • stevepdodson_ESO888
    stevepdodson_ESO888
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You'll get 500 crowns so you buy all this stuff from the crown store!!!!

You can buy a hat....
    you can get a nice.... hat.

do the rest of us who have bought the game (or subbed) get 500 free Crowns also????????
  • Rosveen
    Rosveen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    borgking wrote: »

Even though this doesn't affect me as I'm a subscriber...I find this offer a disgrace that XBOX players are not included...in fact to pose a question...are XBOX players 2nd rate users?

Are the hundreds of thousands of XBOX players deemed not worthy of this offer? or have I completely not fully read the declaration and somewhere in teeny weeny print, the offer is there for XBOX players?
    I presume that in big bold letters at the top of the article it states only PS/PC users, that it is what it is!

ctrl + F xbox

"WHAT ABOUT XBOX ONE?

We haven't forgotten about all of you on Xbox One! We have an ESO Free Play Weekend in the works just for Xbox One players. Watch elderscrollsonline.com and Xbox Wire for details."
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pandorii wrote: »
    Can you buy mimic stones for 500 crowns?
    No, the cheapest Mimic Stone pack is 600.

do the rest of us who have bought the game (or subbed) get 500 free Crowns also????????
    We already got our 500 free Crowns when we bought the game.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • stevepdodson_ESO888
    stevepdodson_ESO888
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Enodoc wrote: »
    Pandorii wrote: »
    Can you buy mimic stones for 500 crowns?
    No, the cheapest Mimic Stone pack is 600.

We already got our 500 free Crowns when we bought the game.

call it a loyalty bonus for sticking with the game then and putting up with all the bugs :)
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    What's that motif the high elf is wearing? Looks pretty cool.

Sorry off topic lol

It's the Ebony motif. :)

Ebon is main resource of Vvardenfell... Vvardenfell confirmed! o:)
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    borgking wrote: »

My guess is it's because Microsoft generally doesn't like giving things away for free.

The release of BBC iPlayer on Xbox 360 was delayed for a long time because Microsoft wanted to either charge for it or make it exclusive to Xbox gold account owners and the BBC kept having to explain that it's literally illegal (seriously, it's part of UK law) for them to charge for things like that because it's already paid for through TV fees.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • Abeille
    Abeille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Guys, ZOS put the Starter Pack for 480 Crowns for 11 days.

That means that free players will be able to get a horse, a dog and a few consumables with their 500 Crowns.

That's pretty nice, I have to say. Although there isn't anything they can buy with the 20 leftover Crowns.
    Just so that everyone knows, my Altmer still can't have black hair. About a dozen of Altmer NPCs in the game have black hair. Just saying.

Meet my characters:
    Command: Do the thing.

Zadarri, Khajiit Fist of Thalmor: The thing was done, as commanded.
    Durza gra-Maghul, Orc blacksmith: The thing was done perfectly, in the most efficient way.
    Tegwen, Bosmer troublemaker: You can't prove I didn't do the thing.
    Sings-Many-Songs, Argonian fisher: Sure, I'll do the thing... Eventually. Maybe.
    Aerindel, Altmer stormcaller: After extensive research, I've come to the conclusion that doing the thing would be a waste of resources.
    Liliel, Dunmer pyromancer: Aerindel said I shouldn't do the thing. Something about "resources".
    Gyda Snowcaller, Nord cryomancer: I will find a way to do it that won't waste resources and make Aerindel proud of me.
    Beatrice Leoriane, Breton vampire: I persuaded someone else into doing the thing. You are welcome, dear.
    Sahima, Redguard performer: Doing the thing sounds awfully unpleasant and really not my problem.
    Ellaria Valerius, Imperial priestess: I'll pray to the Eight for the thing to be done, if it is Their will.