Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Any tips on getting skill points fast?

Jim_Pipp
Jim_Pipp
✭✭✭✭✭
During the Witches festival I levelled up some characters by grinding. It was very quick but obviously they have far less skill points than toons that level up by properly playing the game.

I was wondering if anyone has any tips on how to get 30+ skill points relatively easily.

My ideas are run around for skyshards, do public dungeons and the main quest, but I was hoping someone could suggest more efficient ways.

Laziness-Just-A-Derogatory-Word-For-Efficiency-Meme-Photo.jpg
#1 tip (Re)check your graphics settings periodically - especially resolution.

Best Answers

• Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jim_Pipp wrote: »
    My ideas are run around for skyshards, do public dungeons and the main quest, but I was hoping someone could suggest more efficient ways.

In addition, Group Dungeons and Zone Main Quests (each zone gives 5 points).

But your absolute fastest will be to get all the above ground skyshards in each Alliance Zone, that will net you 40 skill points without having to set foot in a Delve or Dungeon. You can pick up another 5 or more skill points doing the same thing in the DLC zones and Coldharbor.

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

Answer ✓
  • Draven147
    Draven147
    ✭✭✭
    Skyshard hunting is the best and fastest way. I usually only do the above ground shards when i want some fast skill points and then head back for the dungeon ones later when I have more time/energy to fight stuff. Although, if you wait until the weekends the delves will be full of farmers and you wont have to kill much to gather the shards.

Don't forget that the mages and fighters guild quests hand out skill points as well. They are usually easy quests the skip along pretty fast and you can run them successively now that you are lvl 50 (which I'm sure you already knew, not trying to be patronizing just helpful)
    Answer ✓
  • RavenSworn
    RavenSworn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well given that you will go on a sky shard run, que for normal dungeons at the same time as a dps. This way, you can kill time waiting on the que to drop while you go on the sky shards.

I would recommend public dungeons as well since you can level up your fighters guild and farm crafting mats and gain sky shard with the quests. I would recommend a guild member that is trustworthy to bounce your stuff when you do get the que to pop. This way, you won't lose any items and you will always have space in your bags.

Honestly with a good build, you can solo all public dungeon bosses. Did it with my lvl 34 Templar and I honestly can say I saw some groups dying to a boss even when they have more than 160cp.
    Ingame: RavenSworn, Pc / NA.

Of Wolf and Raven
    Solo / Casual guild for beginners and new players wanting to join the game. Pst me for invite!
    Answer ✓
  • pcar944
    pcar944
    ✭✭✭✭
    fast skillpoints? join a trade guild through zone chat, get a Skyshard addon - run around - even in delves with invis pots - and grab those Skyshards

you can easily do some early Harborage main quest and they reward with skill points

you can also start DLC quests as a lot of them even early on offer skill points as you level

there are also a couple Skyshards close to your Alliances base in Cyrodil and a bunch more you can just ride to and pick up

other then that, you can do Normal dungeons and when you clear them and complete a dungeon quest you get a skillpoint at the end
    One Tamriel killed PVP

DC Magicka Orc Necromancer climbing those ranks ...
    Answer ✓
  • Jim_Pipp
    Jim_Pipp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Nestor and @Draven147

Thanks guys. It sounds like the consensus is skyshard runs. I'm sure you are right, it just sounds boring so I was hoping there was some simple easy way to get something for nothing!

I think I'll spend a couple of weeks on mount speed upgrades before I go for this!
    #1 tip (Re)check your graphics settings periodically - especially resolution.
  • davey1107
    davey1107
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The public dungeons offer 21 skill points between the shards and group event award.

The undaunted group dungeon quests all award a skill point, so like 17 more here. This might not be an obvious fast source of them, but get a friend to create a new, low level character and group with them, making them group leader. You can fly through the quests with the dungeons set at their lowest possible level. Unlike the dailies, your group member doesn't have to be in the dungeon, so you can arrange to have them log in and go do something else for an hour while you farm points.

• Loc2262
    Loc2262
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @davey1107: Your suggestion of scaling down the group dungeon unfortunately does not work anymore since One Tamriel. All zones and dungeons are now always scaled to CP160.
    Kind regards,
    Frank
    PC-EU, 12 chars, 900+CP
  • davey1107
    davey1107
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Loc2262 good to know...I didn't think of that. Glad I ran all my vets through them for the points, lol.

• mickmac7
    mickmac7
    Soul Shriven
    Duck into cyrodil and get rapid manoeuvres so you can get around to the skyshards quicker