Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Stygian dagger drop rate and crafting jewelry

LegacyDM
LegacyDM
✭✭✭✭✭
Has ZOS nerefed blue drops for Stygian dagger? Does Stygian dagger even come in purple?! It's been a few months and I have not seen VR 12 blue daggers on traders, with that said, I've never seen a purple.

@zos, why can't we get crafted jewelry set items?!
Legacy of Kain
Vicious Carnage
¥ampire Lord of the South
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stygian is one of the rarer drops that I see in the earlier levels. I think I have seen only one or two pieces of that set. While I usually don't collect full dropped sets I can say that I have probably seen one of each piece that drops outside of trials.

You might look at some VR6 Delves for the VR6 Dagger. While not a VR12, if the set bonus is what your looking for, the small reduction on the other stats is negligible.

Although I have never been able to cast a spell and remain stealthed/invisible. At least with the NB skills that offer this bonus.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• LegacyDM
    LegacyDM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have a vr 12 and vr 10 dagger. Anyone know if these come in purple? Or have some willing to sell to me?
    Nestor wrote: »
    Stygian is one of the rarer drops that I see in the earlier levels. I think I have seen only one or two pieces of that set. While I usually don't collect full dropped sets I can say that I have probably seen one of each piece that drops outside of trials.

You might look at some VR6 Delves for the VR6 Dagger. While not a VR12, if the set bonus is what your looking for, the small reduction on the other stats is negligible.

Although I have never been able to cast a spell and remain stealthed/invisible. At least with the NB skills that offer this bonus.

I have a blue vr 12 and vr 10 dagger. Anyone know if these come in purple? This a good set for stealth burst damage.
    Legacy of Kain
    Vicious Carnage
  • Zershar_Vemod
    Zershar_Vemod
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can get them around VR7ish too I believe. I think I looted a few back then.
    House Nyssara (NA)
    Black Market Traders
    Order of the Lamp Post
    Thorn Brigade
    VR15 Nightblade Vampire
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I have a blue vr 12 and vr 10 dagger. Anyone know if these come in purple? This a good set for stealth burst damage.

Can't you Improve them your self? I have improved armor I have gotten as loot and I have improved armor I made after I wore it for a while.

Edited by Nestor on January 15, 2015 9:53PM

• LegacyDM
    LegacyDM
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Can't you Improve them your self? I have improved armor I have gotten as loot and I have improved armor I made after I wore it for a while.

Can I? I didn't know I could improve non crafted eq? What do I need to do?
    Legacy of Kain
    Vicious Carnage
  • duncan_cougarpreeb18_ESO
    armor, weapons, shields, staffs etc. can be improved at any crafting station (with proper skills and materials), what can't be improved (or crafted) is jewelry

Now that would be huge improvement if those could be crafted (for the cartable sets) and improved (for all)
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Can I? I didn't know I could improve non crafted eq? What do I need to do?

Just select the item in the Upgrade window of the Craft Station. Warning, if you don't have the passives for using less upgrade tempers, it will take a ton of tempers. If you have all the points, then it will only take 4 Purple Tempers/Resins/Grain Solvents for each one. I don't even want to think about how many it will take without those passives.

I also can't remember if you can select an item that is equipped, you may have to put it in inventory first.

Edited by Nestor on January 16, 2015 9:32PM

• Tarukmockto
    Tarukmockto
    ✭✭✭
    Gotta take it off first. It won't let you improve something while equiped.
    NA - DC - DK - PC
  • The_Man_From_Stygia
    Has ZOS nerefed blue drops for Stygian dagger? Does Stygian dagger even come in purple?! It's been a few months and I have not seen VR 12 blue daggers on traders, with that said, I've never seen a purple.

@zos, why can't we get crafted jewelry set items?!

I fixed the hole in my pocket

"Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life." - Terry Pratchett
  • Night_Child
    Night_Child
    ✭✭✭
    What is the max level that these actually drop?
  • lynog85
    lynog85
    ✭✭✭
    why not just upgrade the blue ones to purple?