Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Apothecary’s Parcels

Nifty2g
Nifty2g
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
I love you @ZOS_RichLambert

jd1JQVx.png
#MOREORBS
  • Karacule_Fairystar
    Karacule_Fairystar
    ✭✭✭
    Update this thread please for the prices of those Alchemical ingredients in Tel Var after the maintenance.
  • bottleofsyrup
    bottleofsyrup
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    <3
  • TheDarkRuler
    TheDarkRuler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh no... my Columbine price.
    Come back to me!
  • Nifty2g
    Nifty2g
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Update this thread please for the prices of those Alchemical ingredients in Tel Var after the maintenance.
    They will probably be cheap, Telvar is quite easy to farm, at least this brings more life to imperial city and lowers the incredibly over priced ingredients

@ZOS_RichLambert Next thing to do is look into better ways for legendary materials without destroying it too much
    #MOREORBS
  • Aquanova
    Aquanova
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here we go again. ZOS catering to pvp.

Can we get vendors outside of Cyrodiil sell sets like Morag Tong or Cyrodiils Light for gold now?

NA/PC
  • Nifty2g
    Nifty2g
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aquanova wrote: »

Can we get vendors outside of Cyrodiil sell sets like Morag Tong or Cyrodiils Light for gold now?
    CATERING TO PVP???????
    It's so easy to farm Telvar you literally kill mobs and cash in, it's catering to PvE not PvP
    #MOREORBS
  • OneKhajiitCrimeWave
    OneKhajiitCrimeWave
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nifty2g wrote: »

CATERING TO PVP???????
    It's so easy to farm Telvar you literally kill mobs and cash in, it's catering to PvE not PvP

This one thinks it is a very good thing that walkers will be able to buy more useful items with Tel Var.

However, to get there you have to go through a PvP zone hoping that if you are wearing PvE gear that you do not get ganked on the way.

PvE players can usually farm this stuff easier than PvP players (can't pick flowers when being stomped on by a zerg) so this one thinks it is geared to a PvP player more.

Still, this has been necessary for a LONG time so humble Khajiit is happy that this has been made possible.
    Dark Flare is the Beginning, Radiant is the End. Hail the Light Bringers!
  • Lord_Eomer
    Lord_Eomer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    When console is going to get this? PC have its 2nd patch after One Tamriel and still console is waiting for 1st patch fixes..
  • Nifty2g
    Nifty2g
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When console is going to get this? PC have its 2nd patch after One Tamriel and still console is waiting for 1st patch fixes..
    Console usually has to wait a month dont they
    #MOREORBS
  • RazorCaltrops
    RazorCaltrops
    ✭✭✭
    Console usually has to wait a month dont they

Yes we'll have to wait approximately for a month, but for people who spend gold on reagents more than anything, it's worth waiting.
    Edited by RazorCaltrops on November 12, 2016 1:36PM
    PS4 EU
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

CATERING TO PVP???????

It's catering to Imperial City. I think it's kinda of silly to argue one way or another because ZOS describes Imperial as PvE in a PvP zone so it's both groups either way you slice it.
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why do ZOS always implement stuff that will cause the prices to drop?? How am I supposed to earn gold through guildstores when all stuff that´s profitable (like reagents for example) now can be aquired by tel var stones (which is really easy to farm)?? Reagents are one of the few things that´s been profitable (besides gold tempers) in this game.
    And yes there might be other ways to earn gold I get that, but selling reagents are one of the easier ways (at least for me) to earn gold.

Edit: I might overreact (I have a way of doing that XD) but how much will this actually affect the prices for reagents??

@Nifty2g I´m curious about your view on this matter :)
    Edited by Qbiken on November 12, 2016 1:35PM
  • stevepdodson_ESO888
    stevepdodson_ESO888
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    both things they are introducing with this patch (Apothecary Parcels and Aetherian Cipher/Dust) are just ways to add more grinding/farming without any new content

keep everyone mind-numbingly bored until they eventually add real and new content, be it a full zone PvE or new improved ideas to bring life back to PvP
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Qbiken wrote: »
    Why do ZOS always implement stuff that will cause the prices to drop?? How am I supposed to earn gold through guildstores when all stuff that´s profitable (like reagents for example) now can be aquired by tel var stones (which is really easy to farm)?? Reagents are one of the few things that´s been profitable (besides gold tempers) in this game.
    And yes there might be other ways to earn gold I get that, but selling reagents are one of the easier ways (at least for me) to earn gold.

Edit: I might overreact (I have a way of doing that XD) but how much will this actually affect the prices for reagents??

I believe a big change is coming with housing and it's going to impact the traders monopolies
    This also offsets the opportunities for gold farmers. It's not an attack on players like you
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • Glamdring
    Glamdring
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh lord, ganking in IC just went to another lvl. Welcome all pve players to gather some telvars, yummy... .
  • Nifty2g
    Nifty2g
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

We are seeing a lot of gold sinks added and being removed in game, I think this is because of the huge gold sink that is housing that will be coming.
    #MOREORBS
  • Taself
    Taself
    ✭✭✭
    They will probably be cheap, Telvar is quite easy to farm, at least this brings more life to imperial city and lowers the incredibly over priced ingredients

But but I like the incredibly over priced potion ingredients :smile:
    Edited by Taself on November 12, 2016 2:05PM
  • Aquanova
    Aquanova
    ✭✭✭✭✭

CATERING TO PVP???????

How the he'll is that catering to pve? Do you think it's ONLY a pve zone?

PVE can just run around zones collecting the darn things which is what they've been doing. It's pvp that cried about having no time to do the same, or price fixing!

It's catering to pvp just like the Golden.

I pvp so I don't give ***, but there are people who won't set foot in ic because of the pvp aspect. Only pvp benefits from this, idk how you think pve benefits from this, in fact they lose out.

Sales for alchemical ingredients will drop now that pvpers can just buy them from a vendor doing some pve and pvp (IC is still a pvp zone).

One more thing losing value in guild stores. A few more of these "Gimmes" and ZOS can do away with guild traders.
    NA/PC
  • Silver_Strider
    Silver_Strider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yes ZOS, destroy the economy of ESO.

Make all those guild traders in the game worthless by making absolutely everything worth a damn meaningless by offering it in an easy package. Sell Tempers next and completely shatter the entirety of the game's economy so only overworld sets and motifs are available to buy.

Before anyone asks, I am completely 100% serious.
    Edited by Silver_Strider on November 12, 2016 2:24PM
    Argonian forever
  • Verbalinkontinenz
    Verbalinkontinenz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes ZOS, destroy the economy of ESO.

Make all those guild traders in the game worthless by making absolutely everything worth a damn meaningless by offering it in an easy package. Sell Tempers next and completely shatter the entirety of the game's economy so only overworld sets and motifs are available to buy.

Before anyone asks, I am completely 100% serious.

as if all traders in game are selling herbs like ***. and guild trading isnt just selling stuff and ecnonomy is not only selling stuff, but as well having people who are able to buy something from their gold. herbs are still wort something after the patch, as well the tel var stones must be farmed, and we will have to see how telvar-herbs-prices have been set. it just relaxes the situation, it doesnt make herbs worthless.
  • Reorx_Holybeard
    Reorx_Holybeard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So you can buy a "Waxed Apothecary's Parcel" from the General Tel Var merchant for 500 Telvar. It contains 6 semi-random reagents in quantities of 3 (so 18 reagents total per box).

I say "semi-random" as it seems like certain reagents have a higher chance to be found than others. For example, the chance to get Columbine, Corn Flower, Wormwood and Lady's Smock seems high while Beetle Scuttle, Mudcrab Chitin and Torchbug Thorax seems low.

I've only opened 30 boxes but my results can be found here if anyone needs them. Based on the current value of reagents on PC-NA we will probably see the the market being flooded a bit with reagents as one parcel is worth on average about 2000 gold which is a good conversion for 500 Telvar.

Edited by Reorx_Holybeard on November 12, 2016 4:06PM
    Reorx Holybeard -- NA/PC
    Founder/Admin of www.uesp.net -- UESP ESO Guilds
    Creator of the "Best" ESO Build Editor
    I'm on a quest to build the world's toughest USB drive!
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Honestly, I think that the number of people who farm Tel Var stones is an area of the game that ZOS probably feels is under performing. These parcels are probably a way to help build the number of people who buy Imperial City, and even know what a Tel Var stone is.

PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Woeler
    Woeler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Lets put gold mats in tel var shops as well and abolish gold as currency all together. Delete guild traders also while we are at it.

Too lazy to farm or search a few stores? Here let us cather you!
    Edited by Woeler on November 12, 2016 4:53PM
  • Stopnaggin
    Stopnaggin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah they definitely breaking the economy. BoP gear, gold vendor, what's left to sell after this hits. Drop sets are way to common to make any real gold, lost alot of sales on bop, mats lost value, now alchemy? Let's just put it all in the crown store and get it over with. All they need to do now is put all motifs behind a paywall and they will have tanked the economy. He'll I'm a pve guy and I can still farm the crap out of tel var.
  • DannyLV702
    DannyLV702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Carebear alert
  • Izaki
    Izaki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

CATERING TO PVP???????

How the he'll is that catering to pve? Do you think it's ONLY a pve zone?

PVE can just run around zones collecting the darn things which is what they've been doing. It's pvp that cried about having no time to do the same, or price fixing!

It's catering to pvp just like the Golden.

I pvp so I don't give ***, but there are people who won't set foot in ic because of the pvp aspect. Only pvp benefits from this, idk how you think pve benefits from this, in fact they lose out.

Sales for alchemical ingredients will drop now that pvpers can just buy them from a vendor doing some pve and pvp (IC is still a pvp zone).

One more thing losing value in guild stores. A few more of these "Gimmes" and ZOS can do away with guild traders.

Reagents probably won't lose their value as the demand is always very high for potions. It might go down a bit, but it will still be profitable.
    @ Izaki #PCEU
    #FrenchKiss #GoneFor2YearsAndMyGuildDoesn'tRaidAnymore
    #MoreDPSthanYou
    #Stamblade
  • alexkdd99
    alexkdd99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yet another thing to tank the economy. There use to be so many things you could sell for gold but that list is getting smaller and smaller.

Really wish they would stop doing stuff like this. Bop was a big hit to the economy and now alchemy reagents will be a whole lot cheaper. Time to unload all my reagents before the price goes down.

They are making an unstable economy in game. I like the economy in this game probably more than any other mmo I have played, but they are quickly throwing that aspect of the game out the window
  • KramUzibra
    KramUzibra
    ✭✭✭✭
    So you can buy a "Waxed Apothecary's Parcel" from the General Tel Var merchant for 500 Telvar. It contains 6 semi-random reagents in quantities of 3 (so 18 reagents total per box).

I say "semi-random" as it seems like certain reagents have a higher chance to be found than others. For example, the chance to get Columbine, Corn Flower, Wormwood and Lady's Smock seems high while Beetle Scuttle, Mudcrab Chitin and Torchbug Thorax seems low.

I've only opened 30 boxes but my results can be found here if anyone needs them. Based on the current value of reagents on PC-NA we will probably see the the market being flooded a bit with reagents as one parcel is worth on average about 2000 gold which is a good conversion for 500 Telvar.

Soooo based on your info u essentially spent 15000 tel and got about 66000 worth in gold.
  • KramUzibra
    KramUzibra
    ✭✭✭✭

Also why would they make the most expensive reagents drop more frequently!? Doesn't make sense. Or maybe I'm reading your provided info wrong
  • xaraan
    xaraan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    KramUzibra wrote: »

Also why would they make the most expensive reagents drop more frequently!? Doesn't make sense. Or maybe I'm reading your provided info wrong

Looks like they are based on rarity vs gathering. Those expensive ingredients aren't pricey b/c of rarity, but b/c they are used a lot. Where those others aren't as common drop rate wise. (Which makes sense IMO, some flowers are way overpriced - in fact Columbine was artificially driven up in price by a handful of players a while back).
    -- @xaraan --
    nightblade: Xaraan templar: Xaraan-dar dragon-knight: Xaraanosaurus necromancer: Xaraan-qa warden: Xaraanodon sorcerer: Xaraan-ra
    AD • NA • PC