Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Favourite City you would settle in ? And Why?

• Mozsta69
    Mozsta69
    ✭✭✭
    Griffe wrote: »
    This one likes Rawl'kha. I feel like home. Oh, because it is home. But this one needs to see more of Elsweyr to feel it is home, not only like home.

Thank you Griffe............this one will mark you down for Raw'kha....first vote in fact
  • Mozsta69
    Mozsta69
    ✭✭✭
    kibukj wrote: »
    This one has grown very fond of Mistral, though it is a small city. As a cub she lived along the Malapi, and she loves a good view of the sea.

Mistral it is my friend...yo have now put it on the map or rather you have put it on my graph...skooma anyone?
  • Dark_Claw
    Dark_Claw
    ✭✭✭
    Of all the towns and cities I have visited in my travels, the most pleasant in my opinion would have to be Chorrol (circa 3E). I just adore the fact that it resembles an old English village with its timber framed buildings and cobbled streets, plus the locals are generally quite social and good-natured.
    Edited by Dark_Claw on August 18, 2016 4:50PM
  • Jimboo84
    Jimboo84
    ✭✭✭
    I was born in Vuhkel Guard, but I like the stories in Mournhold and its environment. It gives me such a warmth, but I don't want to be a Dunmer.
    Jimerio / Magicka Sorcerer / PvP & PvE / Master Crafter(Woodworking, Blacksmithing, Alchemy, Provisioning, Enchanting, Clothing) / DD & Heal / CP560+ / Aldmeri Dominion / PC / EU
  • Mozsta69
    Mozsta69
    ✭✭✭
    Dark Claw and Jimbo,

This one is pleased with your help in my studies, one vote for Chorrol and one down for the impressive city of Mournhold!
    May the Two moon forever light your paths.
  • FLL200C
    FLL200C
    ✭✭
    This one plans on settling in Dune or Rawl'kha. Rawl'kha offers easier access to crafting, banks, guilds, and outlaw refugees; but Dune is closer to our friend, the Mane and has much nicer houses.
  • Mozsta69
    Mozsta69
    ✭✭✭
    FLL200C wrote: »
    This one plans on settling in Dune or Rawl'kha. Rawl'kha offers easier access to crafting, banks, guilds, and outlaw refugees; but Dune is closer to our friend, the Mane and has much nicer houses.

Hi FLL, as is this ones customer I will register your first mention Dune as your official vote on my wonderful graph...thank you for the vote!
  • HotToddy
    HotToddy
    ✭✭
    Evermore, Bangkorai (in my head, it's home base for my main character and where I became a vampire).

I know it like the back of my hand. For my tastes, I just think it's the best city in terms of resource layout even at Champion 210.

The resources I value are all there - all the workstations are within quick reach, the stable, dye station, bank, and thieves guild are in practical / linear locations making it very easy to get your 'business' completed so you can get back to adventuring quicker. Even with the tavern off the 'linear' path it doesn't matter since the bank and most vendor 'stores' all contain cooking fires.
    Edited by HotToddy on September 20, 2016 12:08AM
  • Sigtric
    Sigtric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Riften for me

Stormproof: Vibeke - 50 EP mDragonknight | Savi Dreloth - 50 EP Magsorc | Sadi Dreloth - 50 EP Magblade | Sigtric Stormaxe - 50 EP Stamsorc | Valora Dreloth - 50 EP Magplar | Sigtric the Unbearable 50 EP Stam Warden
    Scrub: Chews-on-Beavers - 50 EP DK Tank | Vera the Wild - 50 EP magicka Warden | Sigtric the Axe - 50 EP Dragonknight Crafter | Sigtric the Blade - 50 EP Lost Nightblade | Sigtric the Savage - 50 EP magicka Templar | Vibeka Shadowblade - 50 Ep Stealthy Ganky Nightblade |

Show Me Your Dunmer
    [/center]
  • Mozsta69
    Mozsta69
    ✭✭✭
    Sigtric wrote: »
    Riften for me

Sigtric and Hot Teddy, thank you so much, yet another vote for Riften which is still leading the pack and a vote for Evermore!
    Again thank you very much!!!
  • LumpySlingblade
    Anything other than Riften!
  • Druachan
    Druachan
    ✭✭✭
    Hey Mozsta

Personally I'd like somewhere in Eyevea. I recently finished the Mage guild quest and thought wow it seems very peaceful and calm.
    Say please, before you AAAAAaaaarrrgghhh at me.
  • Mozsta69
    Mozsta69
    ✭✭✭
    Druachan wrote: »
    Hey Mozsta

Personally I'd like somewhere in Eyevea. I recently finished the Mage guild quest and thought wow it seems very peaceful and calm.

Hi D,

Wow ok that's the first vote for Eyevea, I'll nark it down. Don't blame you, with Molag Bol and the alliances at full war Eyevea would be the best place to live out a peaceful life. Thanks for the input.
  • Vorcil
    Vorcil
    ✭✭✭✭
    Balmora of course; I was absolutely enchanted in my youth playing Morrowind.

balmora__aerial_view_by_lelek1980-d4to7sw.jpg

I could get lost in that city forever
  • Mozsta69
    Mozsta69
    ✭✭✭
    Vorcil wrote: »
    Balmora of course; I was absolutely enchanted in my youth playing Morrowind.

balmora__aerial_view_by_lelek1980-d4to7sw.jpg

I could get lost in that city forever

Hi Vorcil...ahhhh yes Balmora , i will also never forget my time in Morrowind....thats the first vote for Balmora
  • Ceridwynne
    Ceridwynne
    ✭✭✭
    I want a house in Hollow City for my main. After building it up and rescuing people/forming alliances it really feels like "my" city. After becoming the Vestige she feels like she finally found a calling in helping the victims of Molag Bal.
  • Mozsta69
    Mozsta69
    ✭✭✭
    Ceridwynne wrote: »
    I want a house in Hollow City for my main. After building it up and rescuing people/forming alliances it really feels like "my" city. After becoming the Vestige she feels like she finally found a calling in helping the victims of Molag Bal.

Wow ok interesting vote first vote for Hollow City.... I'd definitely love to there for a weeks holiday!
  • Mozsta69
    Mozsta69
    ✭✭✭
    Ok I'm still heaps short my my goal of 100 votes (47) but still top three retirement cities are:

1) Riften
    2) Windhelm
    3) Tied Kvatch and Anvil

• Tai-Chi
    Tai-Chi
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mozsta69 wrote: »
    Vangy wrote: »
    I wish to one day settle down in Queen Ayrenn's bedchamber. *wink.

lol You and me both, I think she is the best of the three faction leader , and best looking...wink.
    Not sure how she feels about Khajits in her bedchamber though....mind you she has a open mind when it comes to High elves.

Are you a Khajit @Vangy ?

To the best of my knowledge, cats seem to have a knack for getting under the covers and curling up by their mistresse's feet.

A word of warning though. Just watch out for that smooth talking "What's up ***" Razum-dar. He seems to be in there pretty tight with HRN Ayrenn with his sweet "*** Eyes"! "Eyes of the Queen"? It's more like "Eyes on the Queen" - wink, wink, nod, nod.

A nod is as good as wink to a blind bat, if you get my gist.
    PC - EU (Main) & PC - NA
  • Krist
    Krist
    ✭✭✭✭
    I wish to return to Whiterun Province, where I was born and raised. For now the conflicts across the continent have me wandering about, and Windhelm seems to be the best I can do, though I do not mean that disparagingly, it is quite a wonderful place. Though I know I do not sound it, I am Nord, and I like the cold wind, icey rivers, and clear skies. - Krist Lionheart

Daggerfall, of course. Song, dance, a tavern on every corner, who would not wish spend their time in merriment. Wenches and street walkers for those without the looks but plenty of gold, store owner's daughters and barmaids for those with plenty of looks and no gold, and aristocrats and royalty for those like me, who has plenty of both. - Luke Minhere

Wayrest, where all roads lead. It is also a seat of power for the Mage's Guild, of which I am quite prominent within. The city is a marvel, and is growing, unlike some of the others I have heard mentioned. The libraries are extensive, and learning is a must if you are to grow and prosper here. It's beautiful region is unmatched, with Iliach at the mouth of the greatest river, Bjoulsae River.
    -Hughe Aworth

Personally, while I do not agree with Hughe on many things, I must say I have to agree with him on Wayrest. It has everything one would need. While I grew up a country boy, I am older now and like the "market" much closer.

"Krist the Lionheart? No. Lionheart was my dog" -Krist
    "Darling, if looks were everything, I would be king of the world" -Luke
    "That place, between day and night, that purple color just before dark, that is where you will find me"- Hughe
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    balmora, Vvardenfell.
  • Mozsta69
    Mozsta69
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks, that's one vote for Balmora and one vote for Wayrest, may Almalaxia always be by your side!
  • SpearDusk
    SpearDusk
    ✭✭✭
    1-Mournhold.
    2-Mournhold.
    3-Mournhold.
  • Vangy
    Vangy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tai-Chi wrote: »

lol You and me both, I think she is the best of the three faction leader , and best looking...wink.
    Not sure how she feels about Khajits in her bedchamber though....mind you she has a open mind when it comes to High elves.

To the best of my knowledge, cats seem to have a knack for getting under the covers and curling up by their mistresse's feet.

A word of warning though. Just watch out for that smooth talking "What's up ***" Razum-dar. He seems to be in there pretty tight with HRN Ayrenn with his sweet "*** Eyes"! "Eyes of the Queen"? It's more like "Eyes on the Queen" - wink, wink, nod, nod.

This one isnt khajit but this one does have a khajit nb... That counts yes?
    Edited by Vangy on November 13, 2016 4:07AM
    (2)V16 Dk- stam dps/stam tank/mag dps
    (2)V16 Sorc- mag dps/stam dps
    (2)V16 nb- stam dps/mag dps
    (1)v16 temp- mag tank/mag dps
    CP: 610 and counting

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates! Viva la revolutionz
  • Mozsta69
    Mozsta69
    ✭✭✭
    Tai-Chi wrote: »

Lol
    SnowFury wrote: »
    1-Mournhold.
    2-Mournhold.
    3-Mournhold.

Snowfury..... Boom another vote for the great city of Mournhold it is. May Almalaxia bless you.
  • Enslaved
    Enslaved
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bleakrock Isle. I hope some future update would allow us to get rid of DC once and for all, and to rebuild this settlement. I enjoy small Nord style villages and it would suit my PvF stam DK Nord well.

If I would have to choose any other location, I would probably settle down for Voljar's Meadery. Brewing mead seems like fun once the war is over. Would be a nice place to spend my retirement.
  • Mozsta69
    Mozsta69
    ✭✭✭
    Enslaved wrote: »
    Bleakrock Isle. I hope some future update would allow us to get rid of DC once and for all, and to rebuild this settlement. I enjoy small Nord style villages and it would suit my PvF stam DK Nord well.

If I would have to choose any other location, I would probably settle down for Voljar's Meadery. Brewing mead seems like fun once the war is over. Would be a nice place to spend my retirement.

Ahh bleakrock it is, thank you for the vote, First one for this Isle..... If this war ever ends I would love to visit and enjoy one of your home brew meads!!!
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Howdy @Mozsta69 the cat :) ...great thread...I've been following it for awhile...as player housing gets closer it will become more and more relevant...

personally, i'm on the fence, rawl'kha is nice for one stop shopping, belkarth is convenient for crafting writs, there's also a nice little house spot hidden away (over by the willows path crafting station) in Bangkorai...

I'm not really sure what criteria I'll use when selecting a "hang out" spot...

I'm am curious though to hear your thoughts - has there been any place that players have mentioned that seemed very unique or interesting?
    Edited by geonsocal on November 18, 2016 11:08PM
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • Mozsta69
    Mozsta69
    ✭✭✭
    geonsocal wrote: »
    Howdy @Mozsta69 the cat :) ...great thread...I've been following it for awhile...as player housing gets closer it will become more and more relevant...

personally, i'm on the fence, rawl'kha is nice for one stop shopping, belkarth is convenient for crafting writs, there's also a nice little house spot hidden away (over by the willows path crafting station) in Bangkorai...

I'm not really sure what criteria I'll use when selecting a "hang out" spot...

I'm am curious though to hear your thoughts - has there been any place that players have mentioned that seemed very unique or interesting?

@geonsocal Hi Geon thanks so much for your post.
    Yes there has been a few answers that surprised me. The intent of my question was really to find out the most favourite place for Tamrielians to retire, and put there feet up.
    So the two most surprising was one vote for the Hollow City in Cold Harbour, and the Imperial city!
    I can see the beauty of cold harbour, the purple hew, the floating islands would make a beautiful view whilst one is blazing up a pipe sitting on ones porch. However the Daedra and Molag Bol make this destination a nice holiday spot for this one, not a permanent retirement village.

The other surprising (yet not surprising) is the Island of Eyevea! Which starts of in Sheogoraths realm but gets placed back in Tamriel north of Summerset. Only one vote but the island is stunning and also has all the facilities to live out a comfortable retirement as well as access to the ocean for swimming in the hot summers. So yes the single Eyevea vote was most interesting....ahh also there has been two votes for Balmora, a city in Morrowind not in ESO (yet) but in Morrowind the game, which will always be special to old school Elder Scroll fans. Balmora is on the main island in Morrowind so it's yet to be added in Eso. I'm glad it got its two votes.

So can I register rawl'kha as your official vote?

Thank you
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    hey Mozsta69...I was reading through all the different posts and I now realize I was using the wrong perspective to look at the question...

truth is - Rawl"kha and Belkarth are both butt ugly locales...

Windhelm's nice (great having a public dungeon in town), but who wants to be cold 8 months of the year...Riften looks like it smells of dead fish, old wood and sewage...

I would never settle in a big city or desert, I thought I was going to like grahtwood and elden root - but, turns out, all those tall trees make me feel claustrophobic...can you even imagine the sulfur stench from all those lava pits in stone falls, forget the swamps of shadow fen...

hmmmm, now that I know what I'm looking for - small costal town with some open forest( lots of farming opportunites), I'm going to go do a little recon around tamreil...
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place