The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Templar and Destro Staff Skills (PvP)

Papa_Hunt
Papa_Hunt
✭✭✭
Are Wall of Elements/Elemental Blockade and/or Weakness to Elements/Elemental Drain skills worth using on a Destro Staff Templar in PvP?
  • jrgray93
    jrgray93
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Not really. Wall is easily avoided. Drain is nice but not worth giving up a skill slot for. Unless you have a maelstrom destro staff to make up for some of the lost spell power, DW swords is generally the way to go if you want to do any kind of burst damage on a templar (not an easy task). The one thing that is great about destro is the ultimate, which I can't figure out why so few people are using. The version that follows you just shreds most people. Paired with a charge, it's a tank-buster and generally ends most stalemates. Oh, and as a magicka templar, you're going to be in a lot of stalemates.
    EP: Slania Isara : Harambe Was an Inside Job
    Options
  • ZOS_PeterT
    ZOS_PeterT
    ✭✭✭
    We have moved this thread to: PvP Combat & Skills
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios

Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site

Options
    Staff Post
  • Papa_Hunt
    Papa_Hunt
    ✭✭✭
    jrgray93 wrote: »
    Not really. Wall is easily avoided. Drain is nice but not worth giving up a skill slot for. Unless you have a maelstrom destro staff to make up for some of the lost spell power, DW swords is generally the way to go if you want to do any kind of burst damage on a templar (not an easy task). The one thing that is great about destro is the ultimate, which I can't figure out why so few people are using. The version that follows you just shreds most people. Paired with a charge, it's a tank-buster and generally ends most stalemates. Oh, and as a magicka templar, you're going to be in a lot of stalemates.

Thanks for reply.

Let me be a little more specific. I've been the DW version of a Templar for a while now...I wanted to try and give something else a shot. The ultimate is exactly why. So I procurred some rattlecage (dropped entropy) and wanted to build some version of an AoE/Dot build against greater numbers. I travel is a group of 2-4. So that's why I was asking about Wall. So I'm trying to figure out the skillset on my destro staff ult bar (dmg). I was thinking Wall, Sweeps, and the Ult. Any advice would be appreciated.
    Options
  • Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've only found Wall somewhat useful being paired with Vicious Death in a close quarters situation like a breach defense. In the open world you're just better off with pretty much anything else because it doesn't tick high enough to be effective before any enemy can simply walk out of it.
    I could see maybe Blazing Spear'ing someone in the AoE to make it more useful.
    If you want to run destro, you can just do it for the weaving with Javelin or Crushing Shock. Using destro primarily for the ultimate, which is pretty awesome, doesn't mean you have to use the destro skills.
    Options
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Frost reach is decent for the root. Wall doesn't suck if you're often in keep battles.
    Options
  • Ashamray
    Ashamray
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zero synergy between Mplar and destruction staff (though Ice Blockade is nice, but not necessary). It used to be not bad ~2 years ago.
    Edited by Ashamray on November 3, 2016 7:03PM
    Boadrig, EU PC

Very Balanced
    Battleground Beta Testers
    Cite's Legacy
    Colosseum

Imperial City frequenter
    Imperial City feedback and suggestions
    Options
  • THEDKEXPERIENCE
    THEDKEXPERIENCE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I got hit by the destro ultimate yesterday and it was the single largest non seige number I've ever seen on it. Over 19k in one shot! I was getting overrun by about a billion yellows so I am not sure if I was sitting at 26 or 31k spell resist but man did it pack a punch.

I'm not even upset. I'm pretty impressed. Might be time to dust off the old destro staff myself.

Edited by THEDKEXPERIENCE on November 3, 2016 8:54PM
    Options
  • Ishammael
    Ishammael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You give up a lot of spell damage to run destro staff on a Templar. Most of your skills are channels, so weaving doesn't help your DPS like on a DK, NB, or Sorc

However, the destro ult it really good damage for a Templar which needs a good ultimate. Ice staff can provide nice snares that a Templar, in general, lacks.

Keep both in your inventory.
    Options
  • Ashamray
    Ashamray
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got hit by the destro ultimate yesterday and it was the single largest non seige number I've ever seen on it. Over 19k in one shot! I was getting overrun by about a billion yellows so I am not sure if I was sitting at 26 or 31k spell resist but man did it pack a punch.

I'm not even upset. I'm pretty impressed. Might be time to dust off the old destro staff myself.

19k was not "one shot", it's a number of all ticks.
    Boadrig, EU PC

Very Balanced
    Battleground Beta Testers
    Cite's Legacy
    Colosseum

Imperial City frequenter
    Imperial City feedback and suggestions
    Options
  • UppGRAYxDD
    UppGRAYxDD
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    soulassault bro.... It's the jeebus beam ulti. Just bathe all your enemies in its glory, then follow up with a jeebus beam
    "Stendarr's mercy be upon you, for the vigil has none to spare."
    Options