The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Direfrost Keep 1 Vet with Glorious Battle Scroll?

• Rev Rielle
    Rev Rielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's actually a good fight; because it teaches players by necessity to watch what's going on, react to what the boss is doing, and probably most importantly; to learn how to interrupt.

I'm not being critical of anyone in this thread, but in game when joining random groups it never ceases to amaze how many players don't understand the very basic of battle mechanics of how to block and interrupt. Usually they can get away not knowing (e.g. just dpsing through an enemy when they're standing right there channeling an interruptible heal) but occasionally knowing makes the difference between success and failure.
    Edited by Rev Rielle on October 27, 2016 11:40PM
    If you can be anything, be kind.
  • montiferus
    montiferus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I do think there is a bug to this place. The first couple of times we did it she seemed stuck at 95%. Then suddenly we melted her on the 3rd of 4th try. Same DPS just different results. Very odd. The group I run with has zero issues with DPS so I don't think that was the problem.

It could be as someone stated that the drain is hard to spot and so laggy that maybe you are being drained for longer than you realize before CC break? Not sure. Also the CC break seemed super slow to me. Almost like when you get feared in PVP and can't break free quickly.

• Diminish
    Diminish
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vaoh wrote: »
    It's not complicated people!!! -_-

Veteran Hard Mode Drodda only has a few notable moves:

Light Attack: Drodda will fire light attacks from her staff at whoever she is aggroed to.
    Teleport: Drodda will teleport to a random player's location, and charge up an AoE explosion of Ice which can one-shot most players. If you see her teleport, simply move away from her. (easy to avoid)
    Summon Ice Wraith: Drodda will summon two Ice Wraiths to support her. They are not that dangerous. Best to save Ults for them though if you feel they are.
    Summon Frost Atronach: This move will replace Drodda's Summon Ice Wraith ability when she reaches 50% health. She will summon two Frost Atronachs to support her. They are only slightly more dangerous than the Ice Wraiths.
    Lifedrain: Drodda will CC a player and drain their health, signaled by a light blue beam as well as causing the affected player to levitate. It also heals her for every half second it is not broken. CC break as soon as possible to avoid letting her regenerate a ton of health!. It is highly recommended to save your Stamina so you can make sure you have enough to CC Break when needed. As a comparison, it is no different from the Drain Essence skill in the Vampire tree.

All you have to do is walk out of the big red circles, deal damage to Drodda and her adds, and save enough Stamina to break the occasional CC. It is much easier than everyone thinks.

Hope this helps! :)

My group all knew the mechanics of the fight, and we all broke CC right away. Her health would not budge below 95%. She could be at 95% and not even doing life drain and it still would not drop below this. This was with DoTs ticking, and a sorc and templar spamming attacks on her. It was definitely bugged. It went on for a good 20 minutes before we just quit. This was on PS4.
  • wayfarerx
    wayfarerx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    wayfarerx wrote: »
    Tried this last night with two friends I run trials with (tank and DPS), a low-cp guild mate (DPS) and me healing; first time in vet Direfrost for all of us. More or less blasted through everything in the dungeon with no issue whatsoever until Drodda.

We initially tried on hard mode and, like the OP, could not get her past 95% or so. From what I could tell everyone was breaking free of her tether very quickly but she would heal to full almost instantly. After playing the 95%-100% game for awhile we called for a wipe and tried it without reading the scroll: had no real issues there.

Hard mode certainly seemed like it was bugged, I've been running through the various new vet I dungeons with these same folks and nothing else has come close to this fight. I'm sure it's possible with a really well-structured and experienced group and I have guild-mates that have completed it, but it certainly appears over-tuned verses the other hard mode bosses.

I went back to vet Direfrost last night with a solid group of friends and managed to take Drodda down on hard mode. It took awhile and everyone had to be on point to dodge the red circles and break out of her teather, but it was at least possible.
    @wayfarerx - PC / North America / Aldmeri Dominion