Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Bought on Steam - No Code

SondreGrande
SondreGrande
✭✭✭
Hello!

I am writing this on behalf of a friend who just bought Elder Scrolls Online Gold Edition via Steam. He installed the game, and then went to create an account. However, the problems occurred when he was to activate the game. Steam never gave him a key, and he do not get the option to see the View CD Key option in Steam (See picture). He did get a popup that showed the key when he first launched the game, but it did not come the 2nd time.. So.. Does anyone know how he can get it? We have searched everywhere and the posts only explains how to do it back when ESO was subscrition based, not One-Time-Pay. Thanks for all answers <3

587f12698ab849179b008683a4acbc01.png
  • Rouven
    Rouven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nvm, sorry.
    Edited by Rouven on November 2, 2016 8:42PM
    Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time. ~ Terry Pratchett
  • SondreGrande
    SondreGrande
    ✭✭✭
    Rouven wrote: »

Yeah, we saw that.. But that is if we had the code.. :/ My friend dont have the option to show CD key
  • Rouven
    Rouven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Try right clicking on the game (left side)?
  • SondreGrande
    SondreGrande
    ✭✭✭
    Try right clicking on the game (left side)?

Yeah, we tried, but the option is not there..
  • Rouven
    Rouven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well I didn't get it via steam so I can't double check, guess steam support it is - in any case good luck!
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    @SondreGrande Can you ask your friend what happens when he presses the Play button?
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • SondreGrande
    SondreGrande
    ✭✭✭
    Well I didn't get it via steam so I can't double check, guess steam support it is - in any case good luck!

Yeah, I didnt buy it via steam eighter, I preordered it so cant check either.. Well thanks, hoped that me and a friends could have a good ESO night, but knowing Steam we wont get an answer before tomorrow :P
  • SondreGrande
    SondreGrande
    ✭✭✭
    @SondreGrande Can you ask your friend what happens when he presses the Play button?

When he presses play via Steam, the launcher opens.
    When he presses play via Launcher, the game starts and he goes to the login page.
    No CD key popup or anything.. As you can see in the image there is no option to show CD key.

Thanks for taking your time to look into this, Gina!
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    You no longer need a key via Steam, so once he's on the login screen he should be good to go.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • SondreGrande
    SondreGrande
    ✭✭✭
    You no longer need a key via Steam, so once he's on the login screen he should be good to go.

Okay, we'll try again tomorrow when his game is done verifying cache.
    But to get thigs straight, now that he bought the game via Steam, he must create an account here on the website, then login with that in the game? No need for a code to activate on the account pages?