The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

[BUG] Unresponsive/laggy skills, casting and weapon swaps.

LEGENDARYYY
LEGENDARYYY
✭✭✭✭
A friend of mine were complaining the other day about his abilities not casting properly, being delayed, laggy and unresponsive, while my game performed like normal.

Today, I got the same problem. I cannot weave in between abilities, I cannot switch bars, apply surge, and then instantly go back to main bar etc. It's like every ability on my bar has a 0.5 to 1 sec cast time. If I was to guess a roughly estimate of how unresponsive it is, I would say that 20% of what I press on my keyboard does not reach the game. It feels like I have 500-1000 ping spikes even though my game tells me I'm in the ~70 ping range. This *** up every single rotation.

I did 0 changes to my GPU settings so the theory about input lag can be put to sleep immediately.

My internet is completely stable (se screenshot below)

ping.jpg

I removed all addons, it didn't help.

I asked my companions in the dungeon, a mag sorc just like me if he had the same problem, he didn't. I also asked if he could do quick rotations and compare with me and he did everything MUCH faster than I could. Liquid lightning into swap to another bar and use elemental wall quickly many times in a row.

I went on my vMSA stam sorc that I know how to play to my finger tips, and had the exact same problem.

This means the bug/lag/data loss or whatever is probably client to server connection based, or maybe something in game has a bug that affects your entire game and casting on all characters.

My mate is German and I'm Norwegian, and we both had it happen which means it shouldnt be an ISP - ESO server connection problem.

Have anyone else experienced the same?

Edited by LEGENDARYYY on November 4, 2016 12:30AM
CP capped.

EP - Nord - Eystein Blodsbringar - Tristat DK Tank
EP - Nord - Eyjolf Blodsbringar - Stamina NB PvPer
EP - Argonian - Tired-Of-Cats - Magicka Sorc PvPer
EP - Khajit - Cutepaws - Banker
EP - Redguard - Jathod Trearan - Stamina DK DD
EP - Redgaurd - Dhenus Okzhat-Si - Stamina Sorcerer DD (vMSA toon, 569K)
EP - Altmer - Haqsin - Magicka Sorc DD
EP - Altmer - Minia Feaine - Templar Healer

+ about 20 deleted alts

GM of Pact Veteran Trade (Craglorn), Traders of the Ebonheart (Mournhold), Pact Veteran Trade II (Mournhold)

All part of the "Akatosh Imperium".

Want competitive Cyrodiil? Support THIS thread.

Me soloing Veteran Elden Hollow and AA: HERE
  • Sa0n
    Sa0n
    ✭✭✭
    Yes. There's a brief delay when interacting with everything.

Weapon swapping, using skills, clicking on conversations etc. need a tad longer push of the button to work.
    Literally eat my assflaps.

Uninstalled.
    Time wasted: 6 years.
  • LEGENDARYYY
    LEGENDARYYY
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sa0n wrote: »
    Yes. There's a brief delay when interacting with everything.

Weapon swapping, using skills, clicking on conversations etc. need a tad longer push of the button to work.

For me its pretty random, suddenly I can do two quick actions and then the third just does not happen. Same for you?
    CP capped.

+ about 20 deleted alts

GM of Pact Veteran Trade (Craglorn), Traders of the Ebonheart (Mournhold), Pact Veteran Trade II (Mournhold)

• Fasold666
    Fasold666
    ✭✭✭
    I have pretty much the same problem as you describe, I think. Already made an own post about it like 2 months ago. https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/de/discussion/290072/weird-mini-lags-midfight-caused-by-animation-canceling#latest

But I am struggling with the unresponsiveness pretty much since the game launched altough in the beginning it was not as noticable as it is now and since the last months/year. To be honest it still pisses me off so much when these mini-lags occur (especially when duelling or 1vs x). And of course people won't believe you if tell them that you got lags afterwards...

I find it hard to explain (might be because of a language barrier too) but basically skills dont fire reliably, I can not animation cancel properly and all in all the fights just feel unresponsive and impaired by "mini-lags". It is not always like that, I get these mini-lags mostly when fighting specific people with specific builds...idk it's weird. Sometimes it feels all normal in pvp but sometimes I fight an enemy or enemy group that lags my game out like crazy. Not talking about a bad internet provider or the usual server lag btw. Some people in my forum thread had really interesting ideas on what could be causing this unresponsivness. But no answer from ZOS yet on that issue afaik...
    Edited by Fasold666 on November 2, 2016 8:03PM
  • LEGENDARYYY
    LEGENDARYYY
    ✭✭✭✭
    Fasold666 wrote: »
    I have pretty much the same problem as you describe, I think. Already made an own post about it like 2 months ago. https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/de/discussion/290072/weird-mini-lags-midfight-caused-by-animation-canceling#latest

But I am struggling with the unresponsiveness pretty much since the game launched altough in the beginning it was not as noticable as it is now and since the last months/year. To be honest it still pisses me off so much when these mini-lags occur (especially when duelling or 1vs x). And of course people won't believe you if tell them that you got lags afterwards...

I find it hard to explain (might be because of a language barrier too) but basically skills dont fire reliably, I can not animation cancel properly and all in all the fights just feel unresponsive and impaired by "mini-lags". It is not always like that, I get these mini-lags mostly when fighting specific people with specific builds...idk it's weird. Sometimes it feels all normal in pvp but sometimes I fight an enemy or enemy group that lags my game out like crazy. Not talking about a bad internet provider or the usual server lag btw. Some people in my forum thread had really interesting ideas on what could be causing this unresponsivness. But no answer from ZOS yet on that issue afaik...

I'm a computers technician and I've been fixing peoples hardware, software, network related issues for years. On top of that I have personally been gaming almost every day since 2001. I would say that I have a lot of experience with computer issues in general and especially issues with computer games.

I did 0 changes to my setup since yesterday when I had no problems, not even a Windows update or anything close. And like I said earlier my internet is completely stable. I log on today and I instantly notice something is wrong. This tells me it has to be something wrong with the game or their server.

If you have the exact same problem as I do there is almost certainly nothing you can do about it.

@ZOS_GinaBruno , is what described here a known issue? And while you are at it maybe you could look at the huge loss in fps and performance that came with One Tamriel. This game is almost unplayable for me atm. On a up to date clean system and with an i5 6600K ~4.3ghz (safe clock) and GTX1070 together with a stable inet connection.
    CP capped.

+ about 20 deleted alts

• ZOS_PeterT
    ZOS_PeterT
    ✭✭✭
    We have moved this thread to: Bug Reports
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios

Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site

Staff Post
  • magnusthorek
    magnusthorek
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not to mention the outrageous double swap of skill bars.

You switch once and cast a skill but for some stupid delay game doesn't record the bar swap promptly, even though, visually the bar changed and the skill(s) is/are casted properly.

Then you switch again to your main bar and everything is fine until suddenly that first flip finally is completed and your bars change again, without notice.

Or when you get your weapons ready, buff yourself and right after engage combat your character sheathe weapons. "Very smart"

Or like when you horse up. Fine, it's not Lord of the Rings with mounted battles so it's fine to sheathe weapons to mount the horse. But I believe everyone when is going to enter a building unmounts by pressing 'E' by the door, instead of press the unmount button and then the 'E'. Guess what?! We unmount and without any need we unsheath our weapon only to sheathe them again begore open the door. "Smaaaaaaaart"
    I am the very model of a scientist Salarian, I've studied species Turian, Asari, and Batarian.
    I'm quite good at genetics (as a subset of biology) because I am an expert (which I know is a tautology).
    My xenoscience studies range from urban to agrarian, I am the very model of a Scientist Salarian.
  • DrPain
    DrPain
    ✭✭✭
    I have the same issue. Add to that the odd 999+ ms spike I get and it's not much fun to play. At first I thought it was me being in Australia but the skill lag seems common.

My system and network are fine and I play other games no worries. I want to keep playing and my sub just rolled over but it maybe the last month :(
  • LEGENDARYYY
    LEGENDARYYY
    ✭✭✭✭
    Day 2: Same issue, but less frequent. I would describe it as half as bad compared to yesterday.
    CP capped.

+ about 20 deleted alts

• Echo_Tracer
    Echo_Tracer
    Soul Shriven
    This is driving me insane. I've been trying to do vMA and it feels like my character is tripping all over themselves despite having 60 ping (EU server). I can't weave properly with a lot of things such as funnel health.

Looking at videos of other people clearing it a few months ago the difference in swapping and casting speed is ridiculous.
  • LEGENDARYYY
    LEGENDARYYY
    ✭✭✭✭
    Day 3: on a different stable network, different ISP and router. Same issue, almost unplayable.

Day 4: gonna delete all traces of the game and reinstall
    CP capped.

+ about 20 deleted alts

• silky_soft
    silky_soft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wouldnt bother deleting, never fixes anything. We get this problem all the time being in Australia, but it has been worse since 1T. VMA is already frustrating with our ping let alone not having skills fire. Bar lock and double switching has been a part of pvp, so was already used to it.
    Here $15, goat mount please. Not paying 45 : lol :
    Netch is free with a cleanse and free magika. You nerf siphon into the ground. Nice balance team.
    How do you go home every night and say, I did a great job at work today. You actually do your job properly.
    Step 1: roll templar. Step 2: level up jabs. Step 3: slap on weapon damage build. Step 4: que for bg. Step 5: leap...jabsjabsjabsjabs
  • Junipus
    Junipus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have the same issue, except also audio glitches in vma.

Am trying something others have suggested helps anecdotally and restarting the client before doing anything where I need good responsiveness.

Am also trying vma without audio on to see if that helps and will post back here if there's any noticeable difference.

Edit: Nope.
    Edited by Junipus on November 6, 2016 1:03AM
    The Legendary Nothing
  • xRIVALENx
    xRIVALENx
    ✭✭✭
    DrPain wrote: »
    I have the same issue. Add to that the odd 999+ ms spike I get and it's not much fun to play. At first I thought it was me being in Australia but the skill lag seems common.

My system and network are fine and I play other games no worries. I want to keep playing and my sub just rolled over but it maybe the last month :(

Getting the same issue here in Canada.
  • leowkwok
    leowkwok
    I've experienced (and still experiencing) overall lag issues that are similar to what you're going through, ever since the One Tamriel update. The change literally happened overnight. Gameplay is just not as smooth as it was right before the update, both in Cyrodiil and doing regular quests and dungeons. And my internet and laptop is perfectly fine, no issues there. When is ZOS ever going to resolve this??
  • LEGENDARYYY
    LEGENDARYYY
    ✭✭✭✭
    Day 5: ran vmsa with my stam sorc. Almost fine till arena 6. After that total lag fest with unresponsive skills, enemy portals not showing etc etc.

Everything about this smells like server issues....

And the changes to animation priority.
    Edited by LEGENDARYYY on November 8, 2016 2:45PM
    CP capped.

+ about 20 deleted alts

• punishergod
    punishergod
    ✭✭
    I've been having the same issues since 1t dropped... I can't even stand to go to cyrodil as it's multiplied even more in there. I haven't even played that much since 1t because of it.
  • ombyoureaninja
    I can also confirm this issue with certain skills and most definitely weapon swaps. I've also noticed this to be an issue where sometimes you can attempt to dodge roll, but nothing happens or it happens too late.
    It's better to be a beautiful memory, rather than a pitiful reality.

[Argonian ~ Aldmeri Dominion ~ Templar]

• Loexwell
    Loexwell
    Soul Shriven
    Not to mention the outrageous double swap of skill bars.

You switch once and cast a skill but for some stupid delay game doesn't record the bar swap promptly, even though, visually the bar changed and the skill(s) is/are casted properly.

Then you switch again to your main bar and everything is fine until suddenly that first flip finally is completed and your bars change again, without notice.
    "

This.

Coming from Neverwinter where I played a Hunter Ranger (Bow/Double Wield) I sort of try to make the same work here because I like the "hyper" playstyle.

I have a lot of problems playing because of the bars/powers not switching properly.

If I die the recap tells me I have to use Double Wield for powers like Flurry etc.
    Imho that means there is something really wrong with switching skill-bars/weapons.