The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Life after 50

aldriq
aldriq
✭✭✭
After 10 months of leisurely progress I'm finally about to hit level 50 (yay!!). So far I've been crafting my own armor pieces every 10 levels, and weapons every 5. Now, while I go through the awkward CP10 to 160 levels for the first and last time, what is the standard practice? Every 30 cp? Every 50 cp? Is it worth grinding as much as possible during the Halloween event to get as close to CP160 as possible and not having to worry about the CP10-150 materials ever again?
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I used to do it at every mat tier ... which I believe now translates to every 20CP (exception void/shadow which is CP90-CP140).

Of course, different players will have slightly different answers depending on their playstyle (which is fine).

More importantly, you may find out for yourself what level you simply can't deal with armor that's too low. That's really the time to craft new armor (or find new set pieces).

The other advantage of changing gear out right at the mat tier level? It is a chance to refresh your character's look with a different material and/or motif ...

Edited by Taleof2Cities on October 20, 2016 9:23PM
  • disintegr8
    disintegr8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I don't think there is any need to do it more than 3 or 4 times between CP10 and CP160, especially if you are using appropriate sets and upgrading them to blue/purple quality. With dungeon finder and enlightening, CP can be earned at a really fast rate now so getting to CP50 with CP10 or even level 50 gear is not going to be that hard.

I think the last time I leveled, I based it on how much material I had and if I was short of CP10-30 material I stuck with lvl 50 gear until I progressed to the next tier. Say lvl 50 or CP10 gear, change atl CP50-60, then change again at CP90-100 and then make a call on what you are doing with CP160 gear.

If you are not in hurry to make any CP160 gear, your next step after CP90-100 gear might be CP150 gear but if you want to make CP160 gear ASAP, maybe you would craft CP130-140 gear to get you there.

If you are taking your time and collecting a lot of material as you go, feel free to make new gear every couple of levels but if you are doing dungeons and using group finder with the daily XP bonuses, you will fly through the lower CP like nobodies business.
    Australian on PS4 NA server.
    Everyone's entitled to an opinion.
  • aldriq
    aldriq
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the advice. I guess it makes sense to craft at least 3 times between lvl 50 and cp 160... Mats shouldn't be an issue, even if I didn't want to farm there is plenty to decon these days and the cp 10-140 materials should be fairly affordable in the guild stores with relative low demand.

If anything my one concern was levelling too fast to keep up with crafting levels (I will need 4 skill points every tier), but even that shouldn't be a problem with One Tamriel, now I can gather skyshards from anywhere.
  • DannyLV702
    DannyLV702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sometimes I envy people like you who enjoy this game nice and slowly and at your own pace so that you still have lots to do and much to grow. Congrats man :)
  • Suter1972
    Suter1972
    ✭✭✭✭
    With the current +100% xp bonus you’ll be flying up the cp lvls quicker than you can make the gear to match.

I went from cp80 to cp164 in two evenings since the witch festival.

Now im over the hallowed cp160 mark but I have as much knowledge of the game as I did when I was cp50 lol
    Was - Breton DC ( GIRL - Guy In Real Life toon) Magika Templar Healer/ 5-8 trait Crafter - currently CP290 and learning now starting again on xbox…...

xbox suter1972 - Character name - Hota Woskeef

Xbox EU ESO+ Mature (40+) UK casual gamer
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Unless you get into group content, you don't really need to craft new gear till you hit CP160.
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
  • aldriq
    aldriq
    ✭✭✭
    @DannyLV702 it is testament to how flexible the game is that if you have the time/energy to sink in, you can have a blast, but if you don't you can still enjoy the game a lot.

@Suter1972 @Asardes you are right about enlightenment + halloween bonus, last night farming for mother's sorrow jewellery I was getting 1 cp per dolmen completion, so this could be fast :)
  • failkiwib16_ESO
    failkiwib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Grind as many champion points as you can during this event, I mean go full blown no-life, even beyond cp160 untill the event is over.

Hitting cp160 only means you get to wear endgame gear, you need more cp to build up resistances and damage. Train group-content role, wether you are a healer or a tank or a damage dealer, focus on lvl'ing skill line + skills up during your grind.
  • Cyborgdoom
    Cyborgdoom
    Soul Shriven
    DannyLV702 wrote: »
    Sometimes I envy people like you who enjoy this game nice and slowly and at your own pace so that you still have lots to do and much to grow. Congrats man :)

I too ... I try and take my time when rolling a new character but I'm too impatient.
  • Nidro
    Nidro
    ✭✭✭
    You wont have a life when you reach CP range anymore.. just endless grind lol
    - Champion Rank 1080 -

Argonian Warden Tank - Never-Fights-Alone
    Highelf Sorcereress - Magicka DD - Dro m'Athra Destroyer
    Highelf Templar - Magicka DD - Dro m'Athra Destroyer
    Imperial Dragonknight - Tank - Dro m'Athra Destroyer
    Khajiit Nightblade - Stamina DD - Dro m'Athra Destroyer
    Redguard Templar - Stamina DD - Dro m'Athra Destroyer
    Darkelf Nightblade - Magicka DD - Voice of Reason
    Imperial Sorcerer - Stamina DD - The Flawless Conquerer
    Redguard Dragonknight - Stamina DD
    Argonian Templar - Healer - Heals-all-Allies -
  • aldriq
    aldriq
    ✭✭✭
    I just don't have the time... but even with limited time this week, I'm on CP 35 already, so I've skipped the calcinum tier already...

Question on writs: if I skip level 6 of say, metalworking, by putting 2 skill points, am I missing on any achievement by never doing a writ at that level?
  • ELDARTHVADER
    ELDARTHVADER
    ✭✭
    I would grind until one peace of the armor would break. then craft new set with training! for weapons i would use drafted or Nice Drop with damage for one handed and Shield and then craft new set when i was crafting armor set.
  • Darkestnght
    Darkestnght
    ✭✭✭✭
    My thought has always been the faster I can kill stuff the quicker I can earn XP and level up, so I try my best to have optimal gear when leveling, at least one 5 pc set within a few levels of myself, blue quality.
    Xbox NA - CP1300+
    Xbox EU - CP400+

• Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    aldriq wrote: »
    I just don't have the time... but even with limited time this week, I'm on CP 35 already, so I've skipped the calcinum tier already...

Question on writs: if I skip level 6 of say, metalworking, by putting 2 skill points, am I missing on any achievement by never doing a writ at that level?

There is no achievement for doing writs at a speciffic level. Just achievements for doing a number of writs. 1/10/150/250 or something like that. Last one is called "Writ upon the sky". On my alts I haven't bothered doing writs until I had them at tier 9/10, mostly because it was hard to keep track and store lower level tier materials. Now I'm phasing out that one too, going for max tier, because my void steel and void cloth is running out and I have ample supplies of rubedite and ancestor silk.
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    Member of:

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle

PC-NA CP 1800+
    Member of:

Characters:
  • Driskywatcher
    Driskywatcher
    ✭✭
    I've been getting by with a cp110 blue set (ashen/hunding), some WB's can be a hassle but overall I'm not really struggling. I'm going to continue to use it until i have the traits/mats to make my cp160 gear.
    Much love and peace.
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've been getting by with a cp110 blue set (ashen/hunding), some WB's can be a hassle but overall I'm not really struggling. I'm going to continue to use it until i have the traits/mats to make my cp160 gear.

Yep. That's the right choice. Back in the day I ran with VR3 blue armor until I reached VR16. Then I changed to VR14 purple gear that carried me to CP400+. I did just fine. Only then did I change to gold VR16 gear. But last tier materials were as rare as hen's teeth and incredible expensive. Leveling and crafting is a breeze, especially after One Tamriel made the top tier materials available everywhere.

PC-EU CP 3000+
    Member of:

Characters:

PC-NA CP 1800+
    Member of:

Characters:
  • aldriq
    aldriq
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for all the advice. Currently at CP 55 fine so far, I've only re-crafted some armor pieces at CP 30 and farmed some refresh jewellery at varying levels.

Interestingly, as I upgraded to level 6 in Clothing I thought I'd be asked for level 6 items in the writs, but they are still asking for Ebonthread and are turned in at Riften. Is it because I haven't started Couldharbour yet?