The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

I'm not a cookie cutter Healer Damit!

• jrgray93
    jrgray93
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You'll likely be spending a lot more time actively healing with those stats than if you'd go for more magicka and spell damage. Ideally, a healer should be contributing plenty of buffs and / or damage between heals.

I run about 1400 recovery and have no trouble. An occasional pot, Channeled Focus, and a rare heavy attack are more than enough to keep me healing. That said, I use a Maelstrom resto staff, more CPs, and I have 2 1/2 years of experience healing. You may want to start with more, but I think the amount you have is excessive.

As for health, 17k is fine if you're using your Channeled Focus. I'd also suggest running at least one piece of heavy, preferably the chest for the most resistance. I personally run two heavy, five light. Staying alive is as important as healing others and a piece or two of heavy goes a long way to making that easier.

My magicka pool is also sitting just under 40k, which is going to provide an effective 1000+ spell power over having 29k. That's a lot. I also have around 2.4k spell damage on top of that.

In summary, you could probably stand to drop recovery for more spell damage and magicka. Health is at a good point but only if your mitigation is solid. Otherwise, more health would be nice.

Personally, I'd rather run 5 Kagrenac's and 3 Magnus or a monster set in your shoes.

Currently, I run 5 SPC, 5 Kagrenac's, and a nirnhoned Maelstrom resto staff + Sharpened Maelstrom Lightning staff.
    Edited by jrgray93 on October 31, 2016 7:54PM
    EP: Slania Isara : Harambe Was an Inside Job
  • Damican1982
    Damican1982
    ✭✭
    I run 5 seducer/4 magnus and it works just fine.
  • SickDuck
    SickDuck
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    5 Julianos/Kagrenac is a better base than Seducer imho. Add Kena, Torug Pact or Seducer on the top of it with 3 Willpower jewelry. Purple pieces with purple magicka glyphs are more than fine - except the weapons. 5 light + 1-1 others is highly recommended.

If you want more health you can use TBS or 1h+shield. Or slot entropy for the extra hp, magicka and regen.

2500 regen is incredibly high, you should be fine even with half of it. You can start with all jewellery glyphed for cost reduction and/or regen and slowly change them to spell damage. Higher damage means higher heals means less casting. Also you will be able to help with dps when healing is not crucial... which is mostly the case. Higher dps means less sustain for the group since things are dying sooner. Use less BoL and more combat prayer, healing springs, orb and elemental drain. Use repentance regularly for free heals and stamina! (It also gives you regen passively)
    Holdviola - Khira'de Regalo - Lélekvadász - Used To Be An Adventurer - Zetor - Does-Not-Give-A-Duck - Lord Sugar - Tenar Arha - Da'rinka - Violent Moon - Extreme Runner
  • vyndral13preub18_ESO
    vyndral13preub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I run 5 seducer/4 magnus and it works just fine.

I did this for a long time as well. A cheap and easy Start. I really only changed it because i was bored. As i said in most content people leave the healer alone if no one is dying. It isnt like a tank without a shield. Everyone sees that. No one really looks at the healer.

Im sure some dedicated pve guilds do, but since you are just starting out i dont see that being a problem.
  • Kidly
    Kidly
    ✭✭
    P3ZZL3 wrote: »
    ^^ Nice "NCC" build there Kidly :)

Wait, other healers run Pariah and Vampire together? I don't see anyone talking about tank sets on a healer at all. I understand people running Rattlecage potentially being "cookie cutter" but wouldn't 90% of other players run something like Torug's Pact or Kagrenac's Hope?
  • Osteos
    Osteos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Listen to this forum too much and you will be..
    DAGGERFALL COVENANT
    NA PC
    Former Vehemence Member
    Onistka Valerius <> Artemis Renault <> Gonk gra-Ugrash <> Karietta <> Zercon at-Rusa <> Genevieve Renault <> Ktaka <> Brenlyn Renault
  • AsteriaStarfall
    AsteriaStarfall
    ✭✭✭
    How good/bad is this? Just wondering more than anything. Took a group through several dungeons with no real issues bar one (Wayrest II Vet) but as a newbie Healer, we still made it eventually.

Cheers for your thoughts in advance :)

Not a bad setup. Depends on if you would like to be wrecking havoc in dps while healing dungeons. I'll give you my stats, bar, and gear setup and you can compare. Boss fights I pull around 13k while keeping everyone alive, and of course trash is around 35-40k

Be aware that my weapons are legendary since it is a huge bonus to spell power (when dual wielding only the primary sword has to be legendary, the off hand can be Purple/Epic as it is only like a 40 point difference in spell power)

5pc Mother's Sorrow
    5pc Julianos
    2pc Torg's Pact (which loses its 2 set bonus when swapping to bar 2/resto staff)

Food: Witchmother's Potent Brew

Stats:
    Max Magicka: 35k
    Max Health: 16k (know the fights, avoid big red circles and invest some champion points into Hardy and Elemental Defender and you will be fine)
    Max Stamina: 9k

Magicka Recovery: 1978
    Spell Damage: 2368
    Spell Crit: 68.4%

Bar 1: Dual Wield Swords

Blazing Shards | Puncturing Sweeps | Dark Flare | Structured Entropy | Inner Light | Ultimate Shooting Star

Bar 2: Resto Staff

Radiant Aura | Ritual of Retribution | Breath of Life | Quick Siphon | radiant Oppression | Ultimate: Life Giver (amazing for dungeons, swap to Rite of Passage for trials)

Keep Structured entropy up for the bonus to spell power and just go to town. I tend to cast a lot of Dark Flares and and with the high crit, they hit for over 25k each.

Just giving you my setup, use it if you would like, try different things out, and never be afraid to experiment.

Protip, download the PTS and try different builds out on it before you invest time and gold into respeccing/gearing your live server toon.
  • schnooty
    schnooty
    ✭✭✭
    I see a lot of people advocating for %heal on your weapon as a healer, but in this game the healer also needs to dps. Consider the flesh atronarchs that enrage in ICP if you don't kill them fast enough.

I believe that spell power, magika, and spell crit are good choices since they will affect both healing and damage. Healing% and spell penetration not so good for a dps/healer.

All this being said, I like Magika NB dps/healer for 4 man groups. Templar is probably better for Trials since Breath of Life is the best heal due to not needing LoS and being instant cast.

Anyway, I don't think anyone will kick a healer unless they are terrible. Healers are in short supply.
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm running 5 Kagrenacs Hope, 3 Transmutation, 2 Torugs Pact, and 1 Molag Kena. I'm sitting at 20k health, 37.5k magicka, 10k stamina, 1700 magicka recovery, and 2400 spell damage. Crit is a little lower at 30-40%, and with health/magicka food and undaunted passives. I think it's a solid 4-person dungeon build for PVPers like myself who want to run dungeons for monster sets and other gear.

Full build is detailed here
    • PC/NA
    • Karllotta, AD Magplar, AR 50
    • Hatched-In-Glacier, DC Magden, AR 44
    • Miraliys, EP Warden, AR 35
    • Kartalin, AD Stamblade, AR 35
    • Kallenna, AD Magcro, AR 34
    • Miralys, EP Magsorc, AR 34
    • Milthalas, EP Magblade, AR 34
    • Lemon Party - Meanest Girls - @ Kartalin - Youtube
  • Junipus
    Junipus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For an absolute simple healer build where you can be guaranteed of healing and rarely running out of magicka healing differently geared pugs:

5xKagrenacs (2xheavy if not using undaunted buff)
    3xTorugs Pact
    3xWillpower/Vicious Death/Transmutation (in that order of importance) Arcane

100CP in blessed, rest in Elfborn
    100CP in cost reduction, rest in regen
    Split your red CP between Hardy and Elemental Defender

Torugs destro (sharpened) and resto (powered)

Blue Health+Magicka food at CP150

Magicka glyphs at CP160 purple on everything.

Increase spell damage enchant on your resto staff.

Atronach Mundus

All 64 attribute points into magicka

Keep repentence on your resto bar and use trash magicka pots.

That should do anyone for vet pledges with a solid magicka pool even spamming BoL or healing springs.
    The Legendary Nothing
  • bareheiny
    bareheiny
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Relevant thread is relevant to me.

I've recently been looking at some of the stats being bandied about, and wondering how folk get them that high.

Around 30-40k magicka? What am I missing?

I'll be playing with a stat calculator at some point to figure it out, but any advice (around appropriate numbers and gear*) would be greatly appreciated.

Given my racial choice (Bosmer), I'm most definitely not a min/maxer. I just want to have fun, and be able to keep folk alive in the even I somehow find myself in an instanced dungeon.

* I prefer crafted so I have control over the look.
    Edited by bareheiny on November 1, 2016 12:43AM
  • Bossdonut
    Bossdonut
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks good to me. Spam breath of life the whole time and if anyone dies blame someone else. Preferably any nightblades in the group.
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    bareheiny wrote: »

I've recently been looking at some of the stats being bandied about, and wondering how folk get them that high.

I'll be playing with a stat calculator at some point to figure it out, but any advice (around appropriate numbers and gear*) would be greatly appreciated.

Given my racial choice (Bosmer), I'm most definitely not a min/maxer. I just want to have fun, and be able to keep folk alive in the even I somehow find myself in an instanced dungeon.

30K magicka should be fairly easily attainable regardless of your racial choice. My Redguard templar runs with about 32K magicka when healing or DPSing (and about 25K when tanking). 40K is a lot harder to get to depending on your race/class, and is probably out of reach for races that don't get boosts to magicka. I've got an Altmer sorc who sits at 46K, and I could easily get it much higher if I wanted to (I could switch the mundus to the Mage, I could slot some Mages Guild skills, etc).
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    UrQuan wrote: »
    bareheiny wrote: »

30K magicka should be fairly easily attainable regardless of your racial choice. My Redguard templar runs with about 32K magicka when healing or DPSing (and about 25K when tanking). 40K is a lot harder to get to depending on your race/class, and is probably out of reach for races that don't get boosts to magicka. I've got an Altmer sorc who sits at 46K, and I could easily get it much higher if I wanted to (I could switch the mundus to the Mage, I could slot some Mages Guild skills, etc).
    Actually I lied. My magicka on my Redguard is at 32K without food buff. It's at 37K with food buff.
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
  • KingYogi415
    KingYogi415
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Run combat prayer and get war horn.

Make sure to also run healing springs, spears and ele drain.

Put a crusher enchant on your desto staff.

Cheers!
    Edited by KingYogi415 on November 1, 2016 10:26AM
  • Beruge
    Beruge
    ✭✭✭
    Healing springs all the way.

i am having around the same stats as you, a little higher higher health tough.
    But i run IA and SPC.

The good thing with your magick recovery is that you should basically never run out of magick while spamming springs wich is very important for vet trials.

High critical is also very crucial when playing a PVE healer.

-Julianos is a good set because of the high crit and extra spell damage at the end.
    -healer set is good for minor mending wich should work good with your major mending passives
    -infallible aether to give every player in the group 8% more damage to the boss monster when you do heavy attacks
    -Sanctuary is a good trial set for the 12% increased healing for players in 10m radious around you

But to speed up things at end game i would say spell power cure and infallible ather or spell power cure and worm cult is the way to go.

You should definetly aim to get spell power cure. PVE content is way more fun at the end game stage.
    My youtube channel: Beruge Casualgaming
  • P3ZZL3
    P3ZZL3
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for all the feedback folks.

So for now, I'm gathering up the Sanctuary gear from Banished Cells as it's easy to Solo or with a mate.

Does anyone know whether drop wise, when you do veteran it's ONLY the increase in color of gear? Is there a better chance of a drop more relevant (i.e. divines) or does RNG stay the same?

I assume the same, but always good to check :)
    CP561 Redguard | Jabsy Templar | Stamina Build
    CP561 Breton | Jesus Beam Templar | Magicka Build Forever!
    CP561 Naked Nord | Tanky DK | Stamigicka Build

✭✭✭ Check ESO Server Status Live!: http://eso.webhub.eu/ ✭✭✭
  • vyndral13preub18_ESO
    vyndral13preub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for all the feedback folks.

So for now, I'm gathering up the Sanctuary gear from Banished Cells as it's easy to Solo or with a mate.

Does anyone know whether drop wise, when you do veteran it's ONLY the increase in color of gear? Is there a better chance of a drop more relevant (i.e. divines) or does RNG stay the same?

I assume the same, but always good to check :)
    From what i noticed it seemed about the same. I ran normal wayrest several times while collecting combat psych. The only difference i rememeber was jewelry since it cant be upgraded.

But i only did it about 10-15 times between vet and norm and didnt actually keep track at all. So i dont recall anything doesnt mean there wasnt. :(

Edited by vyndral13preub18_ESO on November 1, 2016 2:24PM
  • Flameheart
    Flameheart
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The posted set up should be good for almost every vet pledge.

As some people mentioned, I would even use statfood instead of regfood.

Healing is important, but even more important nowadays is support and buffs (and of course surviving).

Elemental Drain, Siphon Soul, Repentance, Bubbles from the Undaunted skill line and Warhorn are your friends.
    Sometimes the prey turns and nips us... it's a small thing.

So let the snow flakes and unicorns dance alone until they melt or vanish from existence, we will finish up with those smart enough to stay in the glowing circle of love.

Selissi - CP 1k+ Redguard Stamina Nightblade (Ebonheart Pact)
    Silmerel - CP 1k+ Breton Magicka Templar (Ebonheart Pact)
    Sunja - CP 1k+ Dunmer Magicka Nightblade (Ebonheart Pact)
    Suldreni - CP 1k+ Dunmer Magicka Dragonknight (Ebonheart Pact)
    Sulhelka - CP 1k+ Altmer Magicka Sorcerer (Ebonheart Pact)
    Sylundine - CP 1k+ Breton Magicka Warden (Ebonheart Pact)

• Grabmoore
    Grabmoore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd like to add the Lich set to suggested sets.

This set alone solves all your magicka issues you will ever have. Really, try it out.

Also if you don't want to be the useful meta healer you cursed in the beginning, you could go experiment with the new moster sets. The 5/5/1 healer does not have that luxury. The clannfear monster set 1 piece from BC (banished cells) offers magicka reg, the troll monster set from BC *lol* (blessed crucible, shame on you english for your repetetive language) offers you nice healing done.

Find your way and maybe one day you will be a real support with SPC *joke* ;)
    EU - PC - Ebonheart Pact
    Iggy Grabmoore - Argonian Magicka Templar | Nyctasha - Redguard Stamina Nightblade
    Do-Ra'Zhar - Khajiit Stamina DK | Ashmedi - Dunmer Magicka DK
    Vanya Darchow - AD Altmer Magicka Sorc | Malek gro'Kash - Orc Stam Sorc
    GM of "Handelshaus von Riften" - Trading & PvX Community
  • Bam_Bam
    Bam_Bam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Awesome thread
    Joined January 2014
    PC EU - PvE & BGs & PvP (Vivec)
    Grand Master Crafter

#DiscordHypeSquad

Stream
    Lims Kragm'a
    Bam Bam Bara
  • SquareSausage
    SquareSausage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For SPC run WGT normal and upgrade the blue to purple. Hopefully you get some purple jewellery from the trophy room.
    Or do WGT on vet and get it purple anyway. But that's a lot harder and getting people to do it with you can be bothersome.
    If you ain't doing trials SPC is not needed.
    Edited by SquareSausage on November 1, 2016 4:50PM
    Breakfast King
    PS4 EU
  • Rev Rielle
    Rev Rielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you're going to do Scroll challenges in pledges or otherwise, I'd think about increasing your health to 19,000 or so, at least in the beginning. Boss challenge attacks hit hard these days, and just one mistake (missed block/dodge roll) and you'll be knocked down in one go. It doesn't matter how good the heals and support are on paper, they are worthless when your character's lying on the ground.
    If you can be anything, be kind.
  • acw37162
    acw37162
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Max Magic Max Health food.

Heavy attack potions and orbs for regen.

Other then that your very well off fir dungeons.
  • WuffyCerulei
    WuffyCerulei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Tbh healers have a lot of combinations with armor, races, etc. Having high magicka recovery does counter the lower magicka.
    For the love of Kyne, buff sorc. PC NACP 2100+Star-Sïnger - Khajiit Magicka Sorc - EP Grand Overlord - Flawless Conqueror vMA/vBRP/vDSA no death/vHel Ra HM/vAA HM/vSO HM/vMoL HM/vHoF HM/vAS +2/vCR+3/vSS HMs/vKA HMs/vVH/vRG Oax HM/vDSR
  • Egonieser
    Egonieser
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Those stats are actually quite bad.
    For starters, you don't need seducers nor 2.5k magicka regen whatsoever, but you do need a lot more magicka than you currently have (and health too).

My templar has 24k health, 35k magicka, 1.4k magreg and 45%+ crit with bane.
    Using templar house abilities, resto staff abilities and using BoL only in dire situations that magicka regen is enough as you gain quite decent magicka over time recovery from the rune focus (aswell as resists)
    I use a bogstandard 5x Kagrenacs, 2x malubeth, 2x archmage or torugs pact, 3x willpower (depending on what's needed, more DPS or better sustain).
    I can heal, DPS and carry even the worst of pugs most often than not.
    5light, 2 heavy, s&b and resto or DW and resto.
    Edited by Egonieser on November 9, 2016 10:17AM
    Sometimes, I dream about...cheese...

Dermont - v16 Pompous Altmer Sorcerer (With a very arrogant face!)
    Egonieser - v16 Nord Stamina Dragonborn Wannabe
    Endoly - v16 Tiny Redguard Sharpened MaceBlade
    Egosalina - v16 Breton Cheesus Beam Specialist
    Egowen - v16 Dunmer Whipping Expert (Riding crops eluded her)
    (Yes, I had to grind all these to v16)
    Akamanakh - lvl 22 Khajiit GankBlade (Inspired by Top Cat)
    Targos Icewind - lvl 34 Imperial (Future) Jabplar
    (CP 830+)

PC - EU
  • WuffyCerulei
    WuffyCerulei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Also try to have repentence on one of your bars, because everyone needs that stam back.
    For the love of Kyne, buff sorc. PC NACP 2100+Star-Sïnger - Khajiit Magicka Sorc - EP Grand Overlord - Flawless Conqueror vMA/vBRP/vDSA no death/vHel Ra HM/vAA HM/vSO HM/vMoL HM/vHoF HM/vAS +2/vCR+3/vSS HMs/vKA HMs/vVH/vRG Oax HM/vDSR
  • DoccEff
    DoccEff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also try to have repentence on one of your bars, because everyone needs that stam back.
    Not just the stam, it's a free heal. Must-have for every templar healer imo.