Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

PvP; just plain garbage?

attackjet
attackjet
✭✭✭✭
Does anyone else feel as of these proc set sword and board heavy armor builds are just getting way to out of hand?
  • White wabbit
    White wabbit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    attackjet wrote: »
    Does anyone else feel as of these proc set sword and board heavy armor builds are just getting way to out of hand?

Nope just you then hehe
  • daedalusAI
    daedalusAI
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Do you honestly expect balanced pvp in a pve game?
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A large number of existing threads on this topic already ...
  • DPG76
    DPG76
    ✭✭✭

yes , makes me feel i'm in a simple hack and slash game
  • Psycho_Wes
    Psycho_Wes
    ✭✭
    People will always find out ways and do them to make anything easier on themselves and give them a advantage over everybody else. Because they suck at the game and its the only "fun" they get out of it.
  • Wollust
    Wollust
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    This has got to be the worst meta since launch 2.5 years ago. I prefer getting rekt by permabats or so over this crap tbh.
    Susano'o

Zerg Squad
  • Enslaved
    Enslaved
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Or maybe
    Does anyone else feel as of these destro ultis zerg 9000 builds are just getting way to out of hand

• Gedalya
    Gedalya
    ✭✭✭✭✭

No, not I. There have been changes; I understand some people are not enjoying them. I however, not even close to being a good PvP player, still have fun in PvP with these changes (and I'm not availing myself of them).
    Baskin Robbins always finds out.

Check out my ESO name generator: eso.tamriel.org
  • Paraflex
    Paraflex
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yea it's incentivizing a lot of people into heavy armor sword and board builds with Insta proc burst damage.

They need to make those sets be less attractive

Reduce the resources heavy armor gives back even the healing received is a bit much

Reduce the proc rate and dmg of
    Viper
    Velidreth
    Tremer
    Widowmaker

And set a global cooldown than people will look for the next fotm build

Hollykills CP 630 Templar Healer - Ad PS4 Warlord Rank

Max Stam/Mag Dk
    Max Stam Sorc
    Max Stam/Mag NB

Don't care to dps much so I heal.

• Joshlenoir
    Joshlenoir
    ✭✭✭✭

Nope just you then hehe

Stamina build confirmed
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I keep getting the feeling these proc sets are not having their damage reduced by battle spirit, is this the case?
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Seido_Tensei_
    Seido_Tensei_
    ✭✭✭
    I keep getting the feeling these proc sets are not having their damage reduced by battle spirit, is this the case?

For what it is worth, I have not been hit over 8K with Viper (usually in the 4-6K Range). That seems to be in line with a crit.... No hard data but in PVE I have seen Viper crit 12-14K.

The damage is just too high.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

For what it is worth, I have not been hit over 8K with Viper (usually in the 4-6K Range). That seems to be in line with a crit.... No hard data but in PVE I have seen Viper crit 12-14K.

The damage is just too high.

Thanks, it's gotta be the builds then cuz im consistently being hit by 8k on my mag sorc and roughly 6k on my stam build. Made me wonder if they are stacking to 100% crit damage or if it wasn't being reduced.

Either way, a set hitting harder than an ult is silly to me.
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

According to CLS, Grothdarr is definitely getting damage halved.
  • White wabbit
    White wabbit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Joshlenoir wrote: »

Nope just you then hehe

Stamina build confirmed

lol so wrong actually a Magplar without sword and board and wearing light armor ,I actually agree PvP is in the worse state it's been ever ,too many builds that actually require no skill to play
  • a1i3nz
    a1i3nz
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes the devs are clueless. They finally fix the lag and then ruin it another way. They should just reduce damage across the board and remove all the get lucky sets.
  • Stoopid_Nwah
    Stoopid_Nwah
    ✭✭✭✭
    I believe they are being affected. At least velidreth is, because I tried it out on my magblade to see if it could get my ganking combo higher (even though I'm magicka, it's a free proc, and I figured it'd be fun to proc it against stam metas :lol:) and while my tooltip said like 8k I think the highest it hit for was 3500.

And yeah pvp feels pretty gross as of late. I'm fine with trollplars because they can't do damage if you ignore them. I'm fine with gankers because if you sneeze in their direction they melt. But when all I see are heavy armor beamplars and proc-set users...it's a bummer for sure.

Can I also add that someone should look into fixing infernal guardian pulling me out of cloak halfway across the map? That'd be great.
  • Curtdogg47
    Curtdogg47
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think to large number of people just follow the meta. It seems to be the way of the world even outside games, people follow the latest trends and fads. We all have that friend who changes weekly to keep current with whatever is in.
    In a long 3 months it will change and we can all come back here with something new to chat about!

I don't feel like proc sets a ruining PVP since I log in nearly every night. Annoying and cheesy? yes they are. But the people running them still die, just like me.

I just picture anyone I kill that might be using a proc set, is on there end crying and yelling that there Cheese Build failed.

• Rohaus
    Rohaus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The only thing I don't like about this current meta is that I used to feel unique and much like a snow flake... meaning, I have been sword and board for close to 2 years now... ever since I mastered the art of light attack + ransack + bash... now, I do see a lot more people running around with sword and board just because of Tremor... which is lame...

It is fun to engage someone with poison injection, invasion, light attack + piece armor + bash... so long as Tremor procs and they are a squishy target... they are usually dead UNLESS they are a good player.

Against GOOD players, I usually have to Reverb bash + Dawnbreaker to seal the deal... provided there is no lag and my bars swap properly...

I will say this though... 90% of the players I come across are NOT running Sword and Board + Tremor. I think the reason behind this is because of the fact that if you are not molding light attacks and bash in conjunction with pierce armor / ransack... you aren't going to be able to truly kill someone.

For the record... I run Tremor + Red Mountain + Fasalla or Black Rose if someone is using poisons on me.
    YouTube channel Rohaus Lives!
    Daggerfall Covenant
    VR16 DragonKnight
  • Rohaus
    Rohaus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ultimately, I think that a lot more people are switching to Heavy Armor and boosting their health in conjunction to deal with the burst damage...

If you are PvPing and you have 25K health or less... you are doing it wrong.
    YouTube channel Rohaus Lives!
    Daggerfall Covenant
    VR16 DragonKnight
  • Ballzy321
    Ballzy321
    ✭✭✭
    It's really bad right now. It's either destro ult groups running around or it's the tremorscale Kids. this patch is killing Pvp for alot of us
  • Skitttles
    Skitttles
    ✭✭✭✭
    Rohaus wrote: »
    Ultimately, I think that a lot more people are switching to Heavy Armor and boosting their health in conjunction to deal with the burst damage...

Yup, 20k health just isn't doing it anymore.
    Skittles | DC Stem Sok and sumtimes Nertbled
  • Jamini
    Jamini
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't worry, the next META will be hated just as much if not more, and it will also be the "worst decision ever made". Who knows, maybe it will be a big boost to werewolf form or pets that makes them FOTM?

I know I'll probably still run at least one proc set myself even if some of them eat a nerf , but my character is/was a tank before I started PvPing. Proc sets are a natural, easy way to boost your damage output without sacrificing too much durability and should be a staple for PvP on a build like that. (I'm already looking at combining Thunderbug carpace/Storm Knight Plate and Meridia's/Embershield when tremorscale and viper sets get nerfed. The Automaton set would be a nice change of pace for resource recovery to compliment them!)
    "Adapt. or Die."
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

what about 26000 health ? or maybe 28000 ?
  • Stoopid_Nwah
    Stoopid_Nwah
    ✭✭✭✭

what about 26000 health ? or maybe 28000 ?
    Only if you have 100% uptime on shuffle and you roll dodge every other attack while light attacking in between to proc your gear sets. If this isn't the case, you're probably safer just hitting 70k health :trollface:.
  • Sureshawt
    Sureshawt
    ✭✭✭✭
    I hate RNG especially in my PvP. However, if they have to stay and they will continue to be able to be stacked then a global cooldown is needed at a minimum imho.

Edited by Sureshawt on November 2, 2016 7:55PM
  • attackjet
    attackjet
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wow, so everyone feels the same. Usually my nerf threads and just my threads in general get a lot of backlash.

Nerf the meta!
  • GreenSoup2HoT
    GreenSoup2HoT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    B)

Edited by GreenSoup2HoT on November 8, 2016 6:59PM
    PS4 NA DC
  • Lava_Croft
    Lava_Croft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wrobel properly screwed up PvP. No holding back from him this time.
  • Skitttles
    Skitttles
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mhmm
    Edited by Skitttles on November 4, 2016 3:27PM
    Skittles | DC Stem Sok and sumtimes Nertbled