Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

PvP; just plain garbage?

• geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    my vet NB and magsorc both have around 20k max health...it's important to use impenatrable on your gear to minimize big hits from crit damage, and, maintain enough stamina to keep vigor flowing...

if you're not in the process of running folks down (is there really anything more enjoyable than shooting other players in the back >:) ), you also need to make sure to keep a meat shield in front of you - basically when you face off against others, not much front of the line fighting for those guys...
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • wylievc
    wylievc
    ✭✭✭
    Meta is meta. Some may happen to dislike this meta but how is it different from any other meta. Why should sword and board and heavy armor be disincentivized? Likely the meta formed to deal with the past burst meta which is arguably just a garbage depending on who you ask. Why does every game have to fall into the same formula, at least right now ESO has a different meta than most being full glass cannon burst damage.
  • MickeyBN
    MickeyBN
    ✭✭✭✭
    Players were asking for more diversity in sets, something a little more exciting than crit/dmg/stam.

Well, they got it!

I'm always of the opinion that if you have no solution to offer don't try and contribute to a discussion. So far the only solutions I'm seeing involve deleting proc sets or neautering them to the point of being useless in PvP.

If this were to happen, I'd like to hear someone's opinion on what kind of sets they could add in the future instead.
    Vaelerys Nightborn - Bosmer Nightblade PC NA
  • Crom_CCCXVI
    Crom_CCCXVI
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, it is silly right now.

Rush in, make one or two attacks... defend and watch everything proc. REPEAT.
  • Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MickeyBN wrote: »
    Players were asking for more diversity in sets, something a little more exciting than crit/dmg/stam.

Well, they got it!

I'm always of the opinion that if you have no solution to offer don't try and contribute to a discussion. So far the only solutions I'm seeing involve deleting proc sets or neautering them to the point of being useless in PvP.

If this were to happen, I'd like to hear someone's opinion on what kind of sets they could add in the future instead.

Any set that does something if a required condition is met is a "proc set". IMO the only good proc sets are sets that proc damage potential, not direct damage being done by armor.
    Kena buffs spell/weapon power with increased ability cost. That's an example of proc'ing potential that the wearer must take advantage of using their abilities.
    Clever Alchemist, same story. Proc'ing potential in a small time window.
    Sets like Viper and Tremorscale proc direct damage, so I have a hard time equating the usage of these sets with player skill. It's death-by-armor, and that's not good PvP. It's flashy and easy.
  • danno8
    danno8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rohaus wrote: »

If you are PvPing and you have 25K health or less... you are doing it wrong.

what about 26000 health ? or maybe 28000 ?
    Only if you have 100% uptime on shuffle and you roll dodge every other attack while light attacking in between to proc your gear sets. If this isn't the case, you're probably safer just hitting 70k health :trollface:.

70k won't help you either in todays PvP.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8OsEk9VTUbI

Check out 2:49. 60k health gone in under one second. It's no wonder everyone has taped down their RMB and switched to S+B this meta. :D
  • ThePonzzz
    ThePonzzz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's probably the worst imbalance to gear that I've experienced in PvP. While I been playing since April 2014, I didn't start doing Cyrodiil until 2015.